Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bump!

Brent - Happy shooting brother!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
GB1

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is slowly taking place... waits on barrels, a few acquisition potentials falling thru...but it will come together, we are not skimping on anything here... just to 'keep within the budget'.....

plus we have a small group of guys who have stepped up to the plate and told me if we run short of funds to let them know...
which also includes me...

when this is done, I hope we gets pics of the finished rifles..

I am going to have to rely on someone else tho, as the finished gunsmithing work is going to be done in Colorado.... not here in Oregon..

we are kind of in that 'waiting for Christmas to get here' mode...

but I am sure our vets will be highly pleased that the finished products were worth the wait...

and we all should be looking forward to some 'successful season pictures' coming our way...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Another bump!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
pm me donation info.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Project update.. an action was finally secured today for Brent..

still trying to find a good price on a good quality barrel without the usual 4 month ( or more) turnaround time...

also negotiating for some distinctive touches on the rifle that will make the finished product one of a kind...

we appreciate all the support that we have gotten on this...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Weekly update...
securing after market bottom metal for the Rem Long Action..
Scope has been secured...

need to pick up the stock for Vet # 2, Brent..

slow but sure this is coming together...

barrels for both have been ordered also...

waiting game at this point...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Count me in also.

Hard not to like the 7 X 57 choice.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Received a stock today with the package marked Vet#2 project. Pretty nice synthetic. Happen to have a couple of this particular model and they is nice. laugh

Want me to post a pic or wait?

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How do you like the cool snow camo?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Awesome but we can't leave well enough alone. Looneys ya know. laugh

IC B3

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I know exactly; I live in northern Wisconsin and probably would have lost my whole damned rifle if I would have set it down to gut a deer.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When camo'ed shotguns came out, a buddy had one, when we were hunting in NO Wisconsin out side of Tomahawk...mother nature called... so he leaned it against a tree and was doing his business, when something caught his eye... he wondered to look at it while pulling up his snowmobile suit....

he wandered too far...100 yds or so...

turned back around to find his shotgun had vanished...

that camo worked real well... we looked for that shotgun for what seemed like two hours...

at noon lunch time on Monday, he had it back down to the store where he bought it.... and had it back in their hands.. he lost $50 in depreciation.. but was happy not to have to cross that bridge again...

Carlos, can you PM me a picture of the snow camo job before it might go bye/bye? I'd like to see it..

thanks again for both you and tjk here...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Didn't know Carlos was doing the stock, now I'm getting excited! Have had dealings with him in the past and what a great guy!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure, give me a minute or two.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Pics sent.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
Didn't know Carlos was doing the stock, now I'm getting excited! Have had dealings with him in the past and what a great guy!

You decide on a colour? grin

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Not really, although I guess I better! John had sent me a link of a dark green with black splatter that looked good, think may want more subdued than loud...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can do any color you want except pink. Ingwe will be disappointed no doubt. Oh, also need to know LOP. 13.5?

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Karnis

You decide on a colour? grin

colour? You a Canuck there Carlos?

here I thought you were born south of the border.. not on the north side the border... whistle

grin

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not really, although I guess I better! John had sent me a link of a dark green with black splatter that looked good, think may want more subdued than loud...

Brent,

I just searched for 10 minutes for that picture.. and can't locate it... do you have a copy to send to Carlos?

check some of the Sites like HS Precision and Bell and Carlson, to see what you want...

Thanks a million to Carlos for offering his services to do this for us/you...

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (219 Wasp, 10ring1, 204guy, 22250rem, 163bc, 17CalFan, 35 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,105 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,854
Posts18,517,634
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.