Home
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Ron Paul Update - 06/16/12
Posted By: mike762 Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/16/12
Thanks for the video Chris.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/16/12
I tried to watch it. Couldn't do it. He rambles too much. miles
Posted By: mike762 Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Yeah, rambling on is a killer. Personally I find lying to be much harder to stomach, hence the reason that I can't stand listening to Romney or Obama, and will vote for neither.
Posted By: Steve_NO Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
no problemo in the Volunteer state.....if you were in a state where it mattered I wouldn't want to risk explaining to my children how I helped put Eric Holder on the Supreme Court.

but that's just me.
As if it would make a difference.
yes, it would. we would have lost Heller, among other things.

elections matter, no matter how much you wish they didn't.
I think that I'd be more worried about 'splainin' to my kids how I had continually voted for the "lesser of two evils" and placed them in perpetual bondage to bankers. That's who owns most politicians, and the system that has grown up around them is the most corrupt since the latter Roman Empire.

You seem to place a large amount of trust in someone who is a proven liar and has "modified" his positions on most issues since he sought the national stage.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
I'm still commited to the liberty movement and I will be until my spent carcass represents nothing but a pile of maggot food,...but I'm done with the Paul bunch.

Ron Paul's message is flawless, but his ability to connect is limited.

The young people are on board, but there needs to be a hardass to carry it forward from here on out.

I'll always have the utmost respect for Ron Paul for standing face to face with the knotheads and having his say, but the liberty remnant now needs someone who is much harder to push the message forward.
I believe that "coming attractions" will do much to propel the liberty movement forward.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Mike, from revelations we know the crap is going to hit. We are just trying to postpone things a while. wink
Posted By: pal Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Those who are OK w/ status quo will wonder: Where is the important message in 8 minutes of an old man's ramblings?

Over-bloated government sucks the life out of our nation and every citizen. It has failed and only manages to keep sucking by taking the value out of our earnings and savings while borrowing trillion$ to waste, passing the debt on to us and our children.

I'd prefer them to happen sooner rather than later. I think that I'll get my wish.
Originally Posted by pal
Those who are OK w/ status quo

the status quo is Obama....in this election, there is only one way to end that status.
Status quo=Obama

Obama=Romney

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle F'n Dum.
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by pal
Those who are OK w/ status quo

the status quo is Obama....in this election, there is only one way to end that status.

The staus quo trancends Presidents, candidates, and political parties.

You endorse what has crushed this nation.

Congratulations,....you have destroyed your children's future.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Maybe, but don't waste your vote for spite
Posted By: Archerhunter Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Originally Posted by mike762
I'd prefer them to happen sooner rather than later. I think that I'll get my wish.

It's "The Big V".

Many years ago I heard a minister teach on this.

Sooner rather than later... heh.
Yep.

In short, he said to picture the paths in life as a big V. The beginning of time (by our reckoning) is at the bottom and as time passes up we move the V. The path of darkness, (ie worldly governments and their financial system owned and operated by the prince of the powers of the air (this sphere of existence)) is one leg of the V and the system of God's finances is the other leg. Near the bottom, a Christian can operate in both, or either, and do alright in life but as time progresses the two legs of the V become too far apart and a time comes when all must choose.

Some people are still pretty good at doing the splits... but not many.... and soon it'll rip them apart.

many who think they're set for life will have everything stripped away from them and some whom people would never expect will rise to positions of great wealth and power.

"The wealth of the wicked is laid up for the just"

We live in interesting times. Things are changing pretty fast, I'm sure we all agree.

Get ready.
Sooner rather than later... heh.

I won't because I'm not voting for President. Those that do deserve what they get.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
hence the reason that I can't stand listening to Romney or Obama, and will vote for neither.
Then don't whine about any policy/decision from whoever ends up in the Oval Office..

You don't vote - you don't complain.. A non-vote can very well end up with the LIC in for another four years.. If that's the case - THANKS VERY MUCH.. mad
I'll be the last person to complain, as there is no difference between the two. Those thinking that there is are fooling themselves.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
I won't because I'm not voting for President. Those that do deserve what they get.

And those who don't vote too..
No, we don't. We make a choice not to participate in a false contest between two sociopathic lairs, justifying it by repeating rationalizations such as "the lesser of two evils" and other such drivel.

Evil is evil, lesser or greater, and actively choosing it is something with which I am finished.
I believe that "coming attractions" will do much to propel the liberty movement forward.

Maybe,..but I've been watching the responses of the young Liberty Movement people on line since Rand's endorsement of Romney and a lot of them have given up on politics. The rest are still under the illusion that they can take over the GOP from the inside.

As I've mentioned before, there's 97 million people in the millenial generation and 50 more in gen X.

The vast majority of them have no future.

In a few years I suspect that they're going to stop playing nice.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Maybe,..but I've been watching the responses of the young Liberty Movement people on line since Rand's endorsement of Romney and a lot of them have given up on politics. The rest are still under the illusion that they can take over the GOP from the inside.

As I've mentioned before, there's 97 million people in the millenial generation and 50 more in gen X.

Bringing America down has been in the plans for a long time. NAFTA and GATT, for example, were designed to send our manufacturing base overseas before the economy imploded at home as planned. The financial elite (technocrats) have been plotting one world dictatorial government since before WWI, which couldn't be accomplished so long as America was prosperous and independent. They've been out in the open about it. Every major development in geopolitics, monetary policy, etc., since then has moved us a step closer to it. It's all as old as the hills.

Read Chapter XV (15) of The Road To Serfdom, written during WWII. It's discussed in depth, not as some mysterious "conspiracy theory," but as a matter of fact well understood by the world's financial elite, and everyone else who was well informed about the goals of the world's banking, technocratic, elite.

WWI was supposed to bring it about in its aftermath, but overwhelming popular disapproval in the United States put a stop to it, so The Great Depression and WWII were arranged, further increasing and centralizing government power in the US, the more easily to influence it through corruption towards the ultimate goal of despotic world government under the direction of the banks.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
We make a choice not to participate in a false contest between two sociopathic lairs,

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Lets get 0bama out this time and work on Romney, by getting someone better, next time. It is the only chance we have of making this country better. miles
WWI was supposed to bring it about in its aftermath, but overwhelming popular disapproval in the United States put a stop to it, so The Great Depression and WWII were arranged, further increasing and centralizing government power in the US

That is one big conspiracy theory. Wow! miles
Originally Posted by milespatton
WWI was supposed to bring it about in its aftermath, but overwhelming popular disapproval in the United States put a stop to it, so The Great Depression and WWII were arranged, further increasing and centralizing government power in the US

That is one big conspiracy theory. Wow! miles
Conspiracy, yes. Theory, not so much, since they (the world's banking technocratic elite) actually publish about their accomplishment fairly openly. It's just that most folks don't read what they publish, and since they own the MSM, never hear it discussed in the evening news.

For example:

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, the New York Times, Time magazine and other great publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected the promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But, the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march towards a world-government. The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite, and of world bankers, is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

David Rockefeller, in an address to a Trilateral Commission meeting
in June of 1991

And

"For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it."

David Rockefeller, Memoirs , 2002
Posted By: Barak Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Originally Posted by Redneck
You don't vote - you don't complain.. A non-vote can very well end up with the LIC in for another four years.. If that's the case - THANKS VERY MUCH.. mad

Nope, you have it backwards.

If you vote, you're giving your personal imprimatur of approval to the democratic process, and proclaiming your implicit agreement with the resulting course of events. That's when you have no right to complain.

It's when you don't vote, as a demonstration of protest against the coercion and violence inherent in majority rule, that you qualify as a non-participant in the process and therefore have standing to judge it.

If you hung up a deer in your living room and butchered it, making a bloody, hairy mess of everything within reach, would you have any right to complain that your living room was such a disaster and smelly and unfit for company and probably pathological as well?

No, of course not. You made the mess: it's your responsibility to clean it up, not to complain about it.

It's your wife's responsibility to complain about it.

Why?

Because she didn't participate, that's why.

It's a reasonably simple concept.

------

Just one more little analogical poke: she would be especially justified in complaining, I'm sure you'd agree, if she had repeatedly warned you that butchering a deer in the living room would make a mess and pleaded with you not to do it.
Originally Posted by Barak
Originally Posted by Redneck

Nope, you have it backwards.

If you vote, you're giving your personal imprimatur of approval to the democratic process, and proclaiming your implicit agreement with the resulting course of events. That's when you have no right to complain.

It's when you don't vote, as a demonstration of protest against the coercion and violence inherent in majority rule, that you qualify as a non-participant in the process and therefore have standing to judge it.

If you hung up a deer in your living room and butchered it, making a bloody, hairy mess of everything within reach, would you have any right to complain that your living room was such a disaster and smelly and unfit for company and probably pathological as well?

No, of course not. You made the mess: it's your responsibility to clean it up, not to complain about it.

It's your wife's responsibility to complain about it.

Why?

Because she didn't participate, that's why.

It's a reasonably simple concept.

------

Just one more little analogical poke: she would be especially justified in complaining, I'm sure you'd agree, if she had repeatedly warned you that butchering a deer in the living room would make a mess and pleaded with you not to do it.
Well said.
This may not be a very important presidential election, but it's shaping up to be the most interesting in a long time.

Virtually nobody likes the candidates.

People on various forums that I participate in are always giving their opinions on who would be a good President without ever pausing to think that just maybe those people want no part of being President.

In fact, one has to wonder why *anyone* would want to be President at this point in the nation's history.

I'm certain that their motives have nothing to do with "fixing" anything,...so it comes down to ego and power.

I'm trying to stay as detached as possible from the whole circus, but it's too interesting.

The GOP convention in Tampa has the potential to be a big show,...especially if the cointelpro people show up,...and I'm guessing that they will.

Wrong, as usual. Doing nothing never accomplishes anything. If you are not willing to butcher the deer, don't complain about being hungry. Butcher the damn deer, clean up the mess and move on. Grow a pair. miles
quote=Bristoe]This may not be a very important presidential election, but it's shaping up to be the most interesting in a long time.

[/quote]

well, one thing we know is that...of those with the wit to find a polling place on primary day....about five times as many liked Romney as Paul. just sayin'

you fan boys can beat this dead horse as long as it blows up your skirt, but the rest of the country has, uh, moved on.
Maybe,..but I've been watching the responses of the young Liberty Movement people on line since Rand's endorsement of Romney and a lot of them have given up on politics.

Their man did not get the nomination, so they just give up. That would be a good bunch to ride the river with, not. I do not want my future decided by a bunch of puzzies like that. miles
I'm not beating any dead horse.

I've removed myself from the process.

Well,...it's probably more correct to say that the process removed me from the process.

It removed all of us, actually.

Some see it,...some don't.
Maybe,..but I've been watching the responses of the young Liberty Movement people on line since Rand's endorsement of Romney and a lot of them have given up on politics.

Their man did not get the nomination, so they just give up. That would be a good bunch to ride the river with, not. I do not want my future decided by a bunch of puzzies like that. miles

Well,...they're not going to do what you want them to. Some of them have unrealistic expectations,...but they're independently minded,...and they have very good reason to despise the GOP.
This may not be a very important presidential election, but it's shaping up to be the most interesting in a long time.

People on various forums that I participate in are always giving their opinions on who would be a good President without ever pausing to think that just maybe those people want no part of being President.

In fact, one has to wonder why *anyone* would want to be President at this point in the nation's history.

I'm certain that their motives have nothing to do with "fixing" anything,...so it comes down to ego and power.

I'm trying to stay as detached as possible from the whole circus, but it's too interesting.

The GOP convention in Tampa has the potential to be a big show,...especially if the cointelpro people show up,...and I'm guessing that they will.
You mean folks acting like Ron Paul supporters causing trouble?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You mean folks acting like Ron Paul supporters causing trouble?

yeah
One thing we know is that...of those with the wit to find a polling place on primary day....about five times as many liked Romney as Paul. just sayin'
Yeah, Romney got the MSM zombie vote, for sure.
Well,...they're not going to do what you want them to.

I have figured that out. What I want is 0bama gone. Seems more and more like the whole Ron Paul movement was set up to aid 0bama. Reminds me of Ross Perot aiding Bill Clinton gain the White House. Divide and conquer, and all that. miles

I have figured that out. What I want is 0bama gone. Seems more and more like the whole Ron Paul movement was set up to aid 0bama. Reminds me of Ross Perot aiding Bill Clinton gain the White House. Divide and conquer, and all that. miles
It makes little difference whether banker supported Romney or banker supported Obama wins. Might be a little better over the next four years to have a first termer than a second termer (due to concerns, or lack there of, regarding reelection prospects), but not by much. Any degree to which that's a legitimate factor, however, will likely be overridden by the tendency of Republicans in Congress (that body being somewhat less prone to banker manipulation in its electoral process) to resist Democrat presidential initiatives and support Republican presidential initiatives, being that presidential initiatives (given the banker domination of the presidential primary processes of both parties) will always move our nation in a more leftward and globalist direction.
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
As Ron Paul says it is a "battle of ideas." Candidates such as Santorum represent that "authoritarian" wing of the "Big R" republican party. It seems to me there are many such "Big R" authoritarian/war mongering folks here at the fire. Romney is a clone of the Bush family - Belief in Big Government solutions, couched with "conservative language window dressing.

Paul has reached out to the under 30 generation like no other candidate before him. True, he is not the Great Communicator, as was Reagan, but he has plowed the south 40 which is now ready to plant by the next leader of personal liberty and limited government.

You'll have a hard time convincing the Democratic leadership of that. They've been worried sick over the possibility that Ron Paul would take the anti war element away from Obama.

After the Iowa Primary, where Ron Paul pulled 21% of the vote, CNN went on a "slam Ron Paul" marathon that lasted a week.

After the Iowa Primary, where Ron Paul pulled 21% of the vote, banker controlled CNN went on a "slam Ron Paul" marathon that lasted a week.
Fixed it for you.
Posted By: RobJordan Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
No, we don't. We make a choice not to participate in a false contest between two sociopathic lairs, justifying it by repeating rationalizations such as "the lesser of two evils" and other such drivel.

Evil is evil, lesser or greater, and actively choosing it is something with which I am finished.

Mike. Get help. There as to be a quality psychologist or two in your area.
Here's what democrats think about Ron Paul.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002100108
Here's what democrats think about Ron Paul.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002100108
That's certainly what the left thinks of him, and the left certainly dominates the Democrat Party, but single-issue anti-war Democrats tended to like him pretty well. As did single-issue anti-War-On-Drugs, and anti-Police-State Democrats.
You'll have a hard time convincing the Democratic leadership of that.

I see that you missed the divide part of my post. miles
Let me see if I can explain this to Ya'll. Ron Paul is out of the race. His people keep saying that they will not support Romney. That helps 0bama. I hope that the Ron Paul people are just venting like spoiled brats, but we will see. miles
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Thanks Chris, for the video.
I'm still commited to the liberty movement and I will be until my spent carcass represents nothing but a pile of maggot food,...but I'm done with the Paul bunch.

Ron Paul's message is flawless, but his ability to connect is limited.

The young people are on board, but there needs to be a hardass to carry it forward from here on out.

I'll always have the utmost respect for Ron Paul for standing face to face with the knotheads and having his say, but the liberty remnant now needs someone who is much harder to push the message forward.

Yup, yup, and yup.
Let me see if I can explain this to Ya'll. Ron Paul is out of the race. His people keep saying that they will not support Romney. That helps 0bama. I hope that the Ron Paul people are just venting like spoiled brats, but we will see. miles

Very few of them are going to vote for Romney. That's pretty much a sure bet.

Rand Paul got crucified on the internet for his endorsement of Romney.

The discussion seems to be either write in Ron Paul or vote for Gary Johnson. There's absolutely no talk of voting for Romney.

Bringing America down has been in the plans for a long time. NAFTA and GATT, for example, were designed to send our manufacturing base overseas before the economy imploded at home as planned. The financial elite (technocrats) have been plotting one world dictatorial government since before WWI, which couldn't be accomplished so long as America was prosperous and independent. They've been out in the open about it. Every major development in geopolitics, monetary policy, etc., since then has moved us a step closer to it. It's all as old as the hills.

Read Chapter XV (15) of The Road To Serfdom, written during WWII. It's discussed in depth, not as some mysterious "conspiracy theory," but as a matter of fact well understood by the world's financial elite, and everyone else who was well informed about the goals of the world's banking, technocratic, elite.

WWI was supposed to bring it about in its aftermath, but overwhelming popular disapproval in the United States put a stop to it, so The Great Depression and WWII were arranged, further increasing and centralizing government power in the US, the more easily to influence it through corruption towards the ultimate goal of despotic world government under the direction of the banks.

I don�t have to read The Road to Serfdom I studied the founding of the second Nation State. This was planned from day one. The whole purpose of the founding of the second Nation State was one world government. One world government has been the dream since the founding of the Roman Empire.
We make a choice not to participate in a false contest between two sociopathic lairs,

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem. Lets get 0bama out this time and work on Romney, by getting someone better, next time. It is the only chance we have of making this country better. miles

I've been doing that and practicing that philosophy since I started voting when I turned 21. It hasn't worked and will never work.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

I don�t have to read The Road to Serfdom I studied the founding of the second Nation State. This was planned from day one. The whole purpose of the founding of the second Nation State was one world government.
Certainly the desire by the elite international banking families for world geopolitical domination was substantially in play at that time. No doubt about that. A. Hamilton was their man in the United State Government, for sure. He was a "bought and paid for" banker asset on the inside from day one. But we digress.

Obama will get four more years. I will not vote for the lessor of two evils.

Very few of them are going to vote for Romney. That's pretty much a sure bet.

Rand Paul got crucified on the internet for his endorsement of Romney.

The discussion seems to be either write in Ron Paul or vote for Gary Johnson. There's absolutely no talk of voting for Romney.

DITTOS! I will write in Ron Paul. Four more years for Obama.

That seems to be what the Ron Paul movement was about from the beginning. I hope they take your guns, but I sure hope they leave mine alone. Anybody that helps the muslim deserves to have their schit confiscated. miles
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Mike. Get help. There as to be a quality psychologist or two in your area.

Get help? I'm not the one deluding myself about exactly what and who the candidates are. You however seem to be willing to elect pathological liars and pat yourself on the back for doing so. That tells me that you and your fellow traveler's are the one's needing "professional help". Seeing the hot mess that people such as yourself have made of the state where you reside, I'd think twice before giving anyone else political or psychiatric advice.
Here's why I won't vote for Romney,...John Bolton.

Posted By: W7ACT Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12

Yep! And by not voting for President look at what you got, how do you like what you got for the last four years? How has that worked out for you?

Can you handle another four years of BamBam? If you can go ahead and don't Vote! Then you will get what you deserve just like you did four years ago!

wink frown
Posted By: Raisuli Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Ron Paul is our country's only hope for redemption.

R
Can you handle another four years of BamBam? If you can go ahead and don't Vote! Then you will get what you deserve just like you did four years ago!

Spoiled brats-the whole bunch of Paul supporters. miles

That seems to be what the Ron Paul movement was about from the beginning. I hope they take your guns, but I sure hope they leave mine alone. Anybody that helps the muslim deserves to have their schit confiscated. miles
Romney was decidedly anti-gun as Governor of Massachusetts. He supported, and signed into law, an "assault weapons" ban there, and opposed shall-issue concealed carry.

�We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts, I support the gun laws in Massachusetts (Police Chief Controlled Discretionary Issue as opposed to Shall Issue), I won�t chip away at them, I believe they help protect us and provide for our safety� � Mitt Romney

You think Romney won't sign off on gun control? Think again! You are deluding yourself with a Republican president but I can understand that as I did that for decades myself.
Here's why I won't vote for Romney,...John Bolton.

I hear ya! That guy (Bolton) scares the crap out of me but so don't all Neocons.
The man's a maniac,...and the talk is, he's going to be Romney's Secretary of State.

Read this:

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/302104/what-do-about-syria-john-r-bolton?pg=2

Bolton wants to seriously flirt with WW3.

He's crazy.
,...and it's not just Bolton.

Romney has pretty much brought back the entire neocon crew from the Bush administration.

It's the war party all over again,...but this time they've got Russia and China in their sights.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ed-mitt-romneys-foreign-policy-advisers/
Ya'll are trying to paint a picture of a Romney presidency that is more liberal than the socialist 0bama presidency. I ain't buying it. Ya'll are sounding like sour grapes. miles
I voted for McLame in 2008. I refuse to participate in another Kabuki Show in which the two protagonists are pathological liars, and proven to be so, and where the governing records of both are not that far apart.

You do what you want, but be assured that Romney, should he win, will be owned by the same people who own Obama, and you will be doomed to another disappointment. I'll try and refrain from saying "I told you so".
Ya'll are trying to paint a picture of a Romney presidency that is more liberal than the socialist 0bama presidency. I ain't buying it. Ya'll are sounding like sour grapes. miles

The situation has progressed far beyond mere socialism with either of the dominant political parties.

I don't believe that any real political ideology is represented by either of them.

It's just brute force,...and the same people behind the scenes control both candidates.
Interesting video.

Here's Bill Kristol praising Obama's policies and calling Obama a "Born Again Neocon",...for those of you who think there's a difference between the political parties.

You do what you want, but be assured that Romney, should he win, will be owned by the same people who own Obama, and you will be doomed to another disappointment.

If we get 0bama out, I can live with my disappointment for four years. Like I said, sounds more and more like sour grapes for the Ron Paul supporters. miles
You do what you want, but be assured that Romney, should he win, will be owned by the same people who own Obama, and you will be doomed to another disappointment.

If we get 0bama out, I can live with my disappointment for four years. Like I said, sounds more and more like sour grapes for the Ron Paul supporters. miles

Actually,...sour grapes really doesn't figure into it.

It's just the severe dread of what's going to happen in the very near future if nothing is done to stop the monetary hemorrhage that the government is imposing on the country,...and neither Obama or Romney has any plan to do so.

They're both making plans to spend big bucks.

More than anything,..it's just the realization that, at this point, it can't be fixed,...regardless of who is President.

But also, Romney has plans to greatly increase military spending and his foreign policy advisors are making plans for a never ending series of wars.

So no,...it's not sour grapes,...it's just the realization that there's no relief in sight.
Let me see if I can explain this to Ya'll. Ron Paul is out of the race. His people keep saying that they will not support Romney. That helps 0bama.

Sounds like you're the one who needs the explanation.

I'm not going to buy a two-hundred-foot yacht this year. Does that hurt the boating industry? Does it help the boating industry's competitors? No: I was never ever going to buy a 200ft yacht--or any other size--anyway. It has never been, and will never be, a possibility. The boating, auto, aviation, motorcycle, skateboard, and other vehicular industries are entirely responsible for their own success or failure; my decision not to buy a yacht this year either has absolutely no effect on any of them.

Similarly, Ron Paul supporters (at least, many of them) were never going to vote for Romney anyway. Romney can't "lose" their vote any more than the 200ft yacht industry can "lose" my business. Romney is responsible for his success or failure (and you, if you're a Romney supporter), not Paul supporters.

Well, okay: Romney will be responsible for his failure if he fails. If he succeeds, it won't be because he deserves to succeed; it'll be because, owing to the general perversity of things, only one of the candidates can lose, and Obama beat him to it.

A pox on both their houses.

This'd be cool: elect the President the same way we do now, with the additional requirement that in order to actually take office, he would need to have gotten a simple majority of the popular vote as well as a majority in the electoral college. If nobody got both majorities, then the office of President would go unfilled until the next regularly-scheduled election.

Never happen, though. Why not? Because after just one of those, we'd all be liable to find out just how desperately we need a President. To wit: not at all.

You are still dodging the real point. If 0bama gets re-elected, we all lose. miles

This'd be cool: elect the President the same way we do now, with the additional requirement that in order to actually take office, he would need to have gotten a simple majority of the popular vote as well as a majority in the electoral college. If nobody got both majorities, then the office of President would go unfilled until the next regularly-scheduled election.

Never happen, though. Why not? Because after just one of those, we'd all be liable to find out just how desperately we need a President. To wit: not at all.
During the gap, the Senate could elect two Consuls in the manner of the Roman Republic to share in the executive powers till replaced by the Senate, or until the next popular election succeeds in a simple majority election of a single president to take their place for a four year term, subject to reelection for a second and final four year term, assuming again a simple majority.
yeah....that worked out great for Rome, didn't it? sheesh.
yeah....that worked out great for Rome, didn't it? sheesh.
It actually did for a longer period than our national republic has lasted.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Some people think you can fix a spewing dike [dam] by sticking your finger in it.
Others are willing to roll up their sleeves and fix it right -realizing that a finger -some chewing gum etc. are futile.

No more clothes pins on my nose at election time.

You are still dodging the real point. If 0bama gets re-elected, we all lose. miles

...and if Romney gets elected, we all lose too. What's the difference?
During the gap, the Senate could elect two Consuls in the manner of the Roman Republic to share in the executive powers till replaced by the Senate, or until the next popular election succeeds in a simple majority election of a single president to take their place for a four year term, subject to reelection for a second and final four year term, assuming again a simple majority.

They'd find their legislative powers somewhat curtailed with no Presidential pen to sign bills.

Or maybe not: as Joe Sobran says, "The Constitution is no longer a threat to the US form of government."
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/17/12
Barak says�

�This'd be cool: elect the President the same way we do now, with the additional requirement that in order to actually take office, he would need to have gotten a simple majority of the popular vote as well as a majority in the electoral college. If nobody got both majorities, then the office of President would go unfilled until the next regularly-scheduled election.
Never happen, though. Why not? Because after just one of those, we'd all be liable to find out just how desperately we need a President. To wit: not at all.�

Hawkie says�

�During the gap, the Senate could elect two Consuls in the manner of the Roman Republic to share in the executive powers till replaced by the Senate, or until the next popular election succeeds in a simple majority election of a single president to take their place for a four year term, subject to reelection for a second and final four year term, assuming again a simple majority.�

So much for the Paulbots' professed reverence for the Constitution...

And they say that Obama and Romney are the same. And that Paul is the only one who could beat Obama. So...if Obama and Romney are the same, and Paul could be Obama...why couldn't Paul beat Romney, since Obama and Romney are the same?

Miles, you're right. It's just sour grapes because their boy couldn't win a single primary, let alone the nomination. And he couldn't win it because he is the ultimate RINO...a Libertarian running for president as a Republican solely for political expediency.
Originally Posted by DELGUE

Barak isn't actually a "Paulbot," in the sense you mean. I guess I am, though, if it means I support him, and wished he had won the primary.

As for the US Constitution, I'm all for it, but it hasn't been in force at least since FDR.
I'm not a Paulbot. I'm a freedombot. It's just that Ron Paul is the only candidate in my lifetime who has ran on a platform of greatly enhanced liberties.

But,...not enough people seem to want that.
Posted By: rkamp Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
I'm not a Paulbot. I'm a freedombot. It's just that Ron Paul is the only candidate in my lifetime who has ran on a platform of greatly enhanced liberties.

You figure that with rogain, viagra, height enhancing shoes, bird seed and sock, available, one would not need use the rhetoric of either of the two major parties to enhance self esteem.

Posted By: Barak Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
Originally Posted by DELGUE

I can't speak for The_Real_Hawkeye, but I haven't professed any reverence for the Constitution for a number of years. See my .sig.

Well, if the folks on the Campfire are any indication, the shortage isn't so much of people who want liberty for themselves, but of people who are willing to respect the liberties of others.

But that's always the way, isn't it?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
I suppose so,...but I've pretty much given up on understanding people.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
Originally Posted by W7ACT

Yep! And by not voting for President look at what you got, how do you like what you got for the last four years? How has that worked out for you?

wink frown

Not voting simply means you're going to get what you have right now automatically. Voting for RP will yield the same results as well........4 more years of Bam Bam.

Posted By: mike762 Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
I assume that your comment was directed at me, not W7ACT.

Regardless, no one here has convinced me that four years of Romney will be any different than the same with Obama. All you have to go on is the outright lies put out by Romney which contradict the way in which he governed and his public statements prior to desiring the Presidency.

Good luck with that.

I for one, am tired of voting for the "lesser of two evils" in the name of "party unity" or whatever other rationalization is given. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil, and I refuse to do so. You do what you think is right, and leave me to make my own decision.
Posted By: pal Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
...Ron Paul is the only candidate in my lifetime who has ran on a platform of greatly enhanced liberties.

Well, if the folks on the Campfire are any indication, the shortage isn't so much of people who want liberty for themselves, but of people who are willing to respect the liberties of others...

Very well said.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
My reply was aimed at anyone refusing to vote.

OMG = Obama Must Go
Pipe dream, son. In this particular race to the bottom, Obama's gonna beat Romney.

Look at it this way: at least some of the Republicans will balk at socialism if it comes from Obama. If it came from Romney, they'd all just hit their knees and guzzle it down, same as they did for Baby Bush.
Posted By: Raisuli Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12

Excellent analysis. I couldn't agree more.

R
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
Originally Posted by Raisuli

Excellent analysis. I couldn't agree more.

R
Someone else around here who hasn't been walking around his entire life with his eyes wide shut.
Posted By: ColsPaul Re: Ron Paul Update - 06/18/12
Mitt should make him his veep!

( where's my rifle ? )
© 24hourcampfire