Home
My Wife, The mother of my four children is gravely ill. She was admitted to the Hospital on July 10th and released the following Friday. She went from being vibrant to an invalid in less than a week. There are more tests to be done including a pet scan but she just wants to sleep. I have a couple of the kids on the way to help out and am hoping they can get her to at least eat. God help my Wife. Those of you who believe please give her a thought. Bear
You have them from WV
Prayers Sent.
I believe, and I'm thinking good thoughts for you and her.
Sorry to hear the bad news. Thoughts and prayers.
Prayers on the way.
Praying that things improve for your family.
Our prayers for you and your family,4xbear.
You have my prayers as well!
The very best to you and your family.
I understand how you would be frightened but I also believe you would do well not to let your wife sense your fear: concern yes, but not fear. I am praying and fully believe your wife will be completely healed. You try to do the same.
Whoa! I thought this was going to be about a snake or a spider, not something that really matters. My thoughts are with you and I hope she recovers quickly.
Praying that your wife gets well soon.
You are definitely in my families prayers! Les
Originally Posted by 4xbear
My Wife, The mother of my four children is gravely ill. She was admitted to the Hospital on July 10th and released the following Friday. She went from being vibrant to an invalid in less than a week. There are more tests to be done including a pet scan but she just wants to sleep. I have a couple of the kids on the way to help out and am hoping they can get her to at least eat. God help my Wife. Those of you who believe please give her a thought. Bear
You got it, sir..
Prayers sent North. Hang in there.
Hang in there.
Sorry to hear. Keep us posted.
You got it sir.

Fingers crossed here...keep us posted please...
Prayers from me, and wishing you both the best.

Paul
Thought are with you.

Had a co-worker who had almost the exact same thing. She was fine and in moments was unable to speak, walk, or stand up. Many test later she was found to have severe migranes. Here head wasn't even hurting, weird. But she is on medicne now and all is going good.

I tell you this as to the hopes your wife situation is something easily fixed.
On it like white on rice! If you don't mind 4xbear, I'd like to pass this on to my churches prayer team... Keep the heat on, so to say...
Originally Posted by WhiteTail48
Praying that your wife gets well soon.
Me too.
Done.

Prayers from here.

Wish you the best.
My God, I'm very sorry. Any idea as to the diagnosis?
May the blood of Jesus cover your wife, and heal her.
G
Prayers lifted from NC as well. Keep in touch.
done
Prayers sent
Thoughts and prayers from Iowa.
Sorry to hear this.

Very best wishes for you wife and all your family.
[Linked Image]
Prayers on the way.
Paul B.
Prayers sent from New Jersey.
Hope they solve the issue. Prayers on the way.
Done here. Let medical work its miracles and God direct them. Praying for the best outcome!
You got them from here!
HAJ yes please add her to the group she needs it! Jorge, I/we have no idea at this time, (even after a week in hospital), What we are deling with. Could be a rare infection they haven't found yet of I could be cancer. She has something "funny" on her chest Xray that a CT scan did not clarify so next step is more labs, twice a week, and a pet scan. She is home but not able to get around so am having labs drawn here at the house. THANKS FOR THE MANY REPLY'S.
I am so close to spinning but she will never know it. Bear
prayers sent from way up here...
Prayers sent from NM!
Mark
Prayers for you and yours sir.
PRAYERS OF HEALING FOR HER AND COMFORT FOR YOU SIR.
Prayers sent.
sent from here
I will pray for your wife and her doctors.

God Bless!
Remember, no matter what, ALWAYS ask for a second opinion, ALWAYS. Good luck.
Thoughts and prayers headed your way from our house.
Prayers from Wyoming... as said by others... keep us posted.
Bear, I will say a prayer so the doctors can find out what is wrong and for healing. Peace to you sir.
Bear

My wife and I are praying for you wife and family.

Denny
Prayers sent
Praying here, for sure! I am soooo very sorry to hear of this. Will start now.
Praying for her here...
Those of you who believe please give her a thought. Bear

Done.

All the best friend.
Hope all goes well.. You are in my thoughts.
your wife and all your family are in our thoughts and prayers, Bear.

4Xbear
Thoughts and prayers go out from here ,hoping the good Lord heals her and returns her to her old self. Cheers NC
Prayers sent.
Sending more prayers for all of you.
Prayers sent.
Thanks for all the good thoughts. I have a big grin on my face right now. Big victory, I got about 4 ounces of pedia lite and half of a snack pack mixed fruit into her! Fruit was the first solid food in a week. Keep it up, you guys seem to count. Bear
Said a prayer for you. Hoping for the best.
Prayers sent.
Done Sir, Godspeed and Strength.

Gunner
Sincere wishes for your wife's full and rapid recovery. Hope all goes well.

L.W.
I hope and pray she is better soon. God bless you both.
biggest scare of my life was when my wife had an ovarian cyst burst and damn near bled to death internally on me while i was trying to convince a doctor there was something seriously wrong with her......ended up packing her up in the truck and hauling her to the er the next town over to finally get her help....

hope your wife snaps out of it bear, she and you are in my thoughts.....
Prayers lifted up from here!

Ed
Prayer sent.
Prayers from up North.
HAJ yes please add her to the group she needs it! Jorge, I/we have no idea at this time, (even after a week in hospital), What we are deling with. Could be a rare infection they haven't found yet of I could be cancer. She has something "funny" on her chest Xray that a CT scan did not clarify so next step is more labs, twice a week, and a pet scan. She is home but not able to get around so am having labs drawn here at the house. THANKS FOR THE MANY REPLY'S.

Ok, bear, they are on it bud!

Great news on the eating!!! Virtual high five for ya! You keep doing what you're doing and the rest of us will keep on our knees.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Great news on the eating!!! Virtual high five for ya! You keep doing what you're doing and the rest of us will keep on our knees.

Thank you! She didn't eat much but it made me happy! Bear
Prayers sent for all of you. Hang in there.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

Thank you! She didn't eat much but it made me happy! Bear

smile Well, the prayers aren't just for her, sir.

She needs your strength so whatever helps lessen the stress on you is good for both of you. Rest when you can, smile when you can, and freak the heck out when you can. That last one should be done in private or with a good bud, but it's just as important as the other two things.

She's in great hands, man. Great hands. That includes yours...
Prayers sent
Just got home and saw this. Prayers for full recovery sent.
Prayers sent. May God bless and heal her.
On the way, ......STRENGTH and HEALING.

Greg
Done
Prayers sent from Iowa. May the good Lord give both of you the strength to see this through.

More prayers

May the Good Lord direct the Doctors hands and path to healing your wife.
Lord put your hands of mercy upon this family.

In the name of Jesus we ask you to help these people.
And more prayers.
Lifted from my house.

BP...
Your family has my prayers on the way. I'll continue to pray for a quick and full recovery. Be strong.
Praying for her and for your whole family.
Prayers sent.
Prayers sent.
So glad to hear she ate a bit for you. Prayers sent from Minnesota. We're all pulling for your wife!
Hopes and prayers your wife will turn a good corner soon.
This is awful to hear. My thoughts and prayers for the both of you. Hoping she eats yer hand off today.
prayers sent for you and your family.
Prayers sent
You have my prayers for you and your family...
Prayers up for your wife and family.
Steve
Praying for you and your wife.
Prayers and blessings.
Prayers for you and your family are on the way.
Keep us posted.
My mother inlaw lost a good friend in 2-3 days. She never went to the doctor for 30 or more years. Finally had to go because the pain was so bad. It was too late and she died a few days later.
Prayers from Louisiana. Good luck and keep us updated.
More prayers from here.
Prayers from Mississippi
Praying for your wife.
Sorry to hear about your wife.
That's a horrible situation, and you have my prayers.

I'm sure the MD's have asked, but has she traveled anywhere in the past 6 months, been in contact with anyone who has been to tropical locales, and that sort of thing?

I'm reminded of story where a guy had various symptoms - rash, headaches, fatigue, etc, and went to his MD in NYC. Checked him out, and treated him for something simple and common.

Things got worse to the point he would awake at night to the sensation of his skin crawling. The imbecile failed to mention that he was one of these extreme triathletes and had competed in New Guinea, swimming in streams and running in the rain forest. The dude had contracted a wormy parasite that had multiplied greatly and was chewing him up. It took the Infectious and Tropical Disease guys to sort it out.
Prayers from us too.
Thoughts and Prayers for your wife from UpNorth Michigan.

NB
Well, Guys I don't have much to say this morning but Linda passed a comfortable night and has had a little to eat the Morning (one and 1/2 ounces of a fruit smoothie. My Daughter is here and more kids coming today to help out. Fingers crossed that we can get some apple sauce in her later. I have the appointments for labs the next Doctors appointment on Friday and the PET scan next week.
I quit drinking coffee when someone handed me a funnel so am doing ok. MJore later, Bear. Thanks for the support guys. you have no idea how much it helps.
Thanks for the update
Still praying here. God bless you and your family. Be strong bear.
Praying for her and your family.
I hate these posts.

Godspeed my friend
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Still praying here. ....
Ditto...

Thanks for this update..
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I hate these posts.

Godspeed my friend

Likewise...

Hang in there Bear...
Damned sorry to hear about your wife Bear. I hope the dr's can get it diagnosed soon and get her back on her feet pronto.

Stll praying for you, your wife and the rest of your family.

Blessing to come I pray.

Prayers sent, stay strong!

Your family needs your strength.
Prayers sent, strength for you and the kids and help for her and the dox.

1flier
Want updates on this one....

Lifting her up in prayer.
Been praying since the first page.Posted just to say we care.
Just saw this. Thoughts and prayers from Alberta for your wife and all your family.
Yesterday it all went South and Linda was taken to the ER. Looks like septic shock.

This is the worst news we could have gotten and Linda is now fighting for her life. Family is here and the Docs are doing all they can. Back from the hospital for a quick shower and meeting with the family. The only good news so far is she lived through the night. If she pulls through this it will be a miracle. God I love her. Bear
I'm hoping and praying for you and your wife, Bear.
Prayers sent for your wife!
Bear so sorry to hear this. Will be praying for your wife and your family.
Will continue to pray
Good Lord, I'm praying for you and your family. I hope it helps.
Bear, my heart goes out to you and your family as you face this now desperate situation and difficult time ahead. My sweetheart wife has never been at such risk, but I can feel how devastating it would be to live through what you are fighting today. As with many others here, I am praying for her healing and for God's mercy and uplifting for you and your family. Try to keep your chin up and to always wear a smile for her.
Prayers on the way from FL
Bear,
Pulling for Linda from WI.
Hang in the Bear, we are all praying!
Many more prayers on the way. What I heart breaking thread this is. Be strong Bear.
More prayers sent for you and your family. Lean on us when you
need too...
We got her stable enough to put her on dyalisus for a full six hours at a very low rate and she seems to be tolerating it well so far. I am told that she is still the sickest person in the hospital but there may be a slight glimmer of hope. We will draw labs in the AM and re-evaluate her then. Still unconshous but at least not in pain. More tomorrow. Bear
God is awesome, praying for your wife to get better Sir.
Praying for your wife and you.
Still prayin here. My heart skips a beat everytime this thread gets updated. I don't always follow these types of threads (so many lately it's heart wrenching), but for whatever reason, this one struck a chord with me. We've not met, but know I'm thinking of and praying for your whole family.
Hello Sir,

I'm not sure we've ever talked on here. Went through something similar with Grandma some time back. I know it's different.

I will ask God to do for your wife, you and your family what is best.

Please remember, if you do not take care of yourself, you cannot take care of her. Know your limits of endurance and heed them.

Josh
More prayers on the way.
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
More prayers on the way.

+100
Bear - a lot of us pulling for you. I went to bed last night with you and your wife on my mind. I was hoping there would be an update from you and although the news could have been better I was very relieved that she made it through the night. Even a glimmer of hope is something.
You and your family were remembered at prayers for supper just now. You will be in our hearts and minds until your family is whole once again.

Bear, we are still praying for you and your wife.

God Bless
No change for now. Still on full life support. Not worse is good news. Sonigram results may be in by 7:30 or so. Still there is hope. Bear
Prayers to her and the rest of your family.

Any word on what caused the toxic shock?

Clyde
No. The issue right now is that she is too sick to have a ct scan done. If they can get her stronger maybe we can get some answers. Bear
More on the way from Goliad.

Alan
Sent again from NM
Mark
Sent.
Still remembering you guys in my prayers.
Bear,

We have a friend of the family that got real sick, real fast, she was healthy, worked out daily, not sick hardly a day in her life, then just became real sick, they thought she had a bladder infection, treated her with antibiotics, no better, so her husband insisted they run a bunch of tests on her, and they found she had a rare disease that caused both kidneys to completely shut down, she is now in a list for a transplant, they diagnosed her with "Good Shepherds Syndrome", I had never heard of it, but she has been one sick lady... Just thought I would pass this along if they did not have a for sure diagnosis yet... We are continuing to pray for you, Linda and your family...
Prayers for your wife, you, and your family.
I�m dreading Bear�s update today. I sure do hope the news is good. Still praying here.
I�m dreading Bear�s update today. I sure do hope the news is good. Still praying here.

Just checked in here too; I'm hoping for some good news.

More prayers for Linda and family.
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Just checked in here too; I'm hoping for some good news.

More prayers for Linda and family.

Positive thoughts & Prayers!
I hope everything is alright! You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Prayers from Ohio.

Bear, my wife and I are continuing to pray for your wife.

Wishing you the best.

Another prayer offered.
Has anyone heard from Bear?? There was no update yesterday. Still praying.

Bob

Bob

When I realized yesterday evening that we hadn't heard from Bear it gave me a shudder of dread.

We're pulling for you and your wife, Bear.
Prayer's sent for all of you!

Bob

When I realized yesterday evening that we hadn't heard from Bear it gave me a shudder of dread.

Same here. Hoping things are well and he's just getting some rest. Still praying.
Originally Posted by pira114

Bob

Same here. Hoping things are well and he's just getting some rest. Still praying.

same here,

norm
Prayer sent this AM, also.
Mark
Things have been slowly progressing. Linda is still on full life support and may have lost her kidney due to the sepsis. Now the only good news I have is she is still alive and apparently fighting. We still do not know what the root cause of this is but she was strong enough to get a CT scan yesterday as well as ultrasound. Hope to have test results this morning. I will give all you wonderful folks an update later this evening. Thanks for all the support for my Wife. Keep praying for her she still needs it. Thanks guys, Bear
Real glad to hear that she was strong enough to get the CT scan and ultrasound, Bear. Thanks for the update.

We're still fervently praying for Linda and you.
Still praying.
Prayer sent!
sent from here as well.
Prayers from here as well.
Wishing, hoping and praying for the best Bear.
Will do Bear, pulling for you guys big time.

Will continue to pray.
have faith, it really does work.
Bear,

There is clearly a loud chorus of prayers that is being sent from the Campfire. I hope that brings some comfort to both Linda a you.

And prayer really does work.

God bless and keep you both.

Steve
May God touch andheal her.
Still praying here, Bear!

Ed
bear,
Still pulling for Linda, for you, and for your family.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
have faith, it really does work.

I believe you're right Roger.
Praying for y'all tonight in Texas.

DJ
Prayers sent....
Still praying for you.
Another sent from northern NM
May He watch over y'all.
Mark
Not much news today. That is the good news. She isn't any worse. No results from the ct scan yet so hoping for the best there in the morning? Blood pressure slightly better. White count slightly higher. Still on full life support with the vent and all. She is blown up like a balloon due to all her capillaries leaking fluid because of the infection But she is no worse that yesterday. Now for some sleep and back in the morning to see how she is doing. More later. Bear
We're still with ya Bear.
More prayers for Linda and the family on the way.
More prayers sent.
Checking in, hoping for some good news.

More prayers and well wishes on the way. Hang in there.
More prayers on the way for all of you..
Prayers sent
Morning round of prayers sent.
Don't forget to take care of yourself, too, Bear.
Mark

Continuing to pray.
Continuing prayers for Linda and you, 4xbear. Please keep us posted.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Morning round of prayers sent.
Don't forget to take care of yourself, too, Bear.
Mark
I am taking care as best I can. Thanks. Sat on the patio this morning with my Daughter and had a couple cups of coffee. Very peaceful out there and it almost seemed as if nothing was wrong.Now it's shower and shave and another day in the hospital. Wish her luck guys and I will update later. Bless you all. Bear
STill sending prayers.
Still thinking about you guys up here bear.
Sheesh I have no idea how I've missed this... prayers most certainly and regularly sent. SO sorry to hear but pray that God will preserve/renew her health.
Your entire family is in our thoughts Bear. Hope to hear some good news soon!
Keeping your family in our prayers.
Well, The good news is that the CT scan came back with no sign of cancer or other goblins except she dos have pneumonia in all the lobes of her lungs as well as the other huge infection she is fighting. Baby steps are being made but we can not see the edge of the woods yet. Linda is now able to nod her head to answer yes or no to questions so......so I don't know what to think at this point. If she can get off the vent and breathing room air in the next two or three days we will call that a victory. Your prayers are working. Gods hands are strong and I trust them. Bear More later.
So glad to hear there is some progress. And no signs of cancer is excellent news. I'll keep prayin as I'm sure everyone will. Thanks for the update.
It sounds like she is moving in the right direction anyway. Praying it continues.
Glad to hear that some small progress is being made. Well wishes and prayers continue..
Still praying and pulling for you here. As previously said take care of yourself too.
Will keep on praying for her full recovery.
Great news bear! Every bit of progress is worthy of praise! We're not quitting on you or her, sir!
Praying for you, your wife, and family.
Praying for her, and your family, may each day be better!
Hang in there Bear. Take good care of yourself. The doctors and nurses will take care of Linda. You both are in our prayers.
Hoping to hear some good news today. Hang in there, Bear.
How's it going today Bear??? We are thinking of you and your family. And praying of course.

Bob
How's it going today Bear??? We are thinking of you and your family. And praying of course.

Bob

Here too!
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Hang in there Bear. Take good care of yourself. The doctors and nurses will take care of Linda. You both are in our prayers.

Big +1
Your prayers are working. Gods hands are strong and I trust them.
Praise the Lord! Linda and you will be fine with conviction like that. Still praying.
Hang in there.
Hope things went well today for Linda.
Prayers sent, again, from NM.
My best to Linda, and take care, Bear.
Mark
no news today, I don't like that!
Exactly what I was thinking.
Don't know when you'll be able to check on this Bear, but just wanted to check in and let ya know we're all still praying for ya.
Finally a little good news! Linda was taken off the ventilator today! She is breathing on her own with 02 support from a nasal cannula. She is not able to speak and is very weak but this is a big step. Next step is to try to get a swallow response,(she failed that test today), so that they can begin to introduce nutrition as she hasent eaten in a month now. The infections rage on but she is making progress. A little but progress none the less. I want to thank you all for the support and wish you all the best. I am tired. It's off to bed now for me. More later my friends. Bear
Will continue to Pray Sir.
Sounds like some good news!, hang in there, we have your back Brother!
Finally a little good news! Linda was taken off the ventilator today! She is breathing on her own with 02 support from a nasal cannula. She is not able to speak and is very weak but this is a big step. Next step is to try to get a swallow response,(she failed that test today), so that they can begin to introduce nutrition as she hasent eaten in a month now. The infections rage on but she is making progress. A little but progress none the less. I want to thank you all for the support and wish you all the best. I am tired. It's off to bed now for me. More later my friends. Bear

Great news on the improvement. More prayers are on the way.
Glad to hear there's been some improvement. Prayers and positive thoughts continue.
That is excellent news! So glad too hear it.Campfire prayers are a powerful thing!!! And there's more on the way!

Bob
Yes, that is really good news. I have been checking often to see if there were any updates. We hadn't heard anything for 48 hours and I know we were all very concerned. Do they know yet what the source of the infection is? Do they feel they are on the right track in treating it? I assume she is on antibiotics? Hope you are getting some rest.
Originally Posted by boltman
Yes, that is really good news. I have been checking often to see if there were any updates. We hadn't heard anything for 48 hours and I know we were all very concerned. Do they know yet what the source of the infection is? Do they feel they are on the right track in treating it? I assume she is on antibiotics? Hope you are getting some rest.

First off, Thanks for checking, everyone, It really boosts the lod spirit. They still do not know the original insult I suppose it vould be viral. They are doing all they can for her. Running every kind of antibiotic into her they have available I think. Testing again today for a swallow response and if that doesn't work a nasal gastric tube goes in but they do not want to do that for fear of more infection. If they can get the girl to swallow they feel that they can begin to feed her orally and that would be the best. I have my doubts about that though as she is so terribly weak. Thanks guys, more later. Bear

Good to hear.
Thanks for the update and the good news. Still praying.
Originally Posted by Scott F
Thanks for the update and the good news. Still praying.

Thanks Scott. She still needs them. Bear
Glad to see that each day has brought a little good news...still praying for you and Linda.
Finally! Linda came out of ICU today and is now in telemetry to monitor her heart. She still can not take food but is speaking a little and is alert. She has a long way, several weeks to go, but she is getting better and I can now say I think there is a future to look for ahead.

Thank you all for the prayers and concern. Your thoughts and prayers have helped so much I could never convey the amount. Hunting will have to wait for next year as I will be spending all my available time with my Wife. Bless you all my friends for supporting her I truly believe your prayers have saved her life. Bear
God is great!
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
God is great!

Yes He is!!!!

Still praying for complete recovery while giving thanks for the progress made.
Truly fantastic news. Been waiting all day to hear this. Thank you for the updates.
I just finished tucking in my children and saying prayers with them. That reminded me of you and your wife and we included you both once again. Then I logged into the campfire to find your post describing Linda's improvement. I'm very glad for you both and hope she continues to get better and better.
Wonderful to hear that Linda is improving. Prayer goes out yet again! Still - remember to take care of yourself! These situations take a bunch out of the caregiver(s), too!
Best, Mark
Damn, I've never heard of somebody faltering that fast, hopefully just a virus or something. I wish your family well.
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
God is great!

Yes He is!!!!

Still praying for complete recovery while giving thanks for the progress made.

+10000
That is good new Bear!
Finally! Linda came out of ICU today and is now in telemetry to monitor her heart. She still can not take food but is speaking a little and is alert. She has a long way, several weeks to go, but she is getting better and I can now say I think there is a future to look for ahead.

Thank you all for the prayers and concern. Your thoughts and prayers have helped so much I could never convey the amount. Hunting will have to wait for next year as I will be spending all my available time with my Wife. Bless you all my friends for supporting her I truly believe your prayers have saved her life. Bear

This is GREAT News! More prayers on the way for you folks.
Fantastic news Bear. It sounds like Linda's "turned the corner" and is now on the road to recovery. Praying that God continues to Bless you all. Keep the good news coming!

Bob
This is great news! take it a day at a time , she will be a bit better, till the day she comes home!
Wonderful.
So glad to hear this! I'm happy for ya. Still prayin for ya.
That's good news, Bear. Now, hang on to the wheel with her so she can get turned all the way around the corner!

Still praying for you both until you say to stop . . . but probably won't then, either.

Continue with the updates as you have time . . .
Great news, I needed to hear something like this today. I will continue to pray for her recovery.
That is very good news!

Great news Bear.

May the Lord continue to bless your wife. I hope and pray she is well soon.
Lord, please watch over Linda and Bear.
This I ask.
Mark
Exhausted from last night spent in the hospital with Linda. Someone else standing watch tonight. The prayers are working. no new news tonight. More later. Bear
Prayers sent again - keep us posted, man - we CARE!
Blessings to Linda and you!
Mark
What's the latest Bear? Linda still improving?
Prayers for Linda and for you sir.

It's good that you turned the watch duties over to someone else for the night. Get some rest, it'll do you an amazing amount of good.

Mark
Good morning all. I got a good nights sleep last night and ready to head back to the hospital.it has been an eventful couple of days. I had to have a come to Jesus meeting with her doctors and convince them that we couldn't wait any longer and had to get a feeding tube into Linda to get her some nourishment and she has had no food for a month now. The tube was placed yesterday afternoon and this morning there will be a consult with the nutritionists to plan a feeding program. This is the only way that she can get any strength back so that she can continue to fight. Wish her luck the next day or two is going to be a turning .1, where the other for Linda. At this point she has no bowel sounds and if we cannot wake her stomach up at this point her options are limited. We had the chance of a family in her bedside yesterday and prayed with Linda and that has given her strength. Linda still cannot speak but I have told her about the good wishes and prayers. You are giving her and she gave us one of her big smiles in response. I know the support you guys are giving her means the world to her and to me as well. Okay guys, here we go. More later, Bear
You sound like you're in better spirits, bear! Great great stuff!

Praying for that whole gastrointestinal system to work as designed!

She and God can beat this hurdle too!

Experiencing victory after victory here, and it's great to see...
Thanks for the update, Bear. Fingers crossed and prayers sent.
Thanks for the update, Bear.
Prayers sent, once again, for Linda and you.
Mark
Thanks for the update Bear.

Still praying for you up in the great north.
Bear, you guys are in my thoughts. Take care.
Best wishes to you all. More prayers on the way.
Still praying my friend.

Continue to pray, God Bless.

I'm surprised there hasn't been getting tube feeds for a while now... was she getting TPN (total parenteral nutrition) for a while? Most intensivists want to get nutrients into the patient a.s.a.p.
Good morning all. I got a good nights sleep last night and ready to head back to the hospital.it has been an eventful couple of days. I had to have a come to Jesus meeting with her doctors and convince them that we couldn't wait any longer and had to get a feeding tube into Linda to get her some nourishment and she has had no food for a month now. The tube was placed yesterday afternoon and this morning there will be a consult with the nutritionists to plan a feeding program. This is the only way that she can get any strength back so that she can continue to fight. Wish her luck the next day or two is going to be a turning .1, where the other for Linda. At this point she has no bowel sounds and if we cannot wake her stomach up at this point her options are limited. We had the chance of a family in her bedside yesterday and prayed with Linda and that has given her strength. Linda still cannot speak but I have told her about the good wishes and prayers. You are giving her and she gave us one of her big smiles in response. I know the support you guys are giving her means the world to her and to me as well. Okay guys, here we go. More later, Bear

Bear - that makes a lot of sense. A big part of her getting her strength back is getting fuel in her. Tell Linda there a whole lot of us pulling for her. Sometime this evening, this thread will surpass the 10,000 views and there presently are over 260 replies. I log on whenever I can to see if there is an update. My wife's name is Linda too. We have been together over 30 years and I feel what you are going through down to my core. By the way, is she overcoming her infection?
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I'm surprised there hasn't been getting tube feeds for a while now... was she getting TPN (total parenteral nutrition) for a while? Most intensivists want to get nutrients into the patient a.s.a.p.
No TPN as they stated it was a possible new infection site. NG tube was tried in icu but they sid she did not tolerate it but, with no explanation. I am sitting here watching her struggle to breath. she is asleep an not aware of me. She is so tired from the chf and albumin and lasix diminished her kidney function. They are trying to get her strong enogh over night to use a needle to pull some of the fluid from her chest so she can breath. God help her. Bear
Bear, I am heading to bed now. I will pray for Linda before I sleep. God Bless you.

Bob
Hang in there Bud, there's a lot of people praying for her and you.
Praying for complete recovery.

This saddens my heart to the MAX!

I continue to pray for your wife every day.

Wish I could take the hurt away, my eyes are filled with tears as I type. I hope she is better soon.

Bear,
My hugest prayers and strengths to you and your family, may Gods presence and love surround and strengthen your Linda.

Of these, thee remain, faith, hope and love..the greatest is love.
Thanks Guys. At this point the one thing she has on her side besides me is the fact that she is a fighter. Just a minute ago she woke for a minute but could barley shake her head to respond to a question and just as fast she was asleep again. God willing toorrow they can get her breathing better. More later, Bear
I lifted her in prayer again just now... I asked for her healing and recovery... I asked in the name of the Son...
Bear, I'm not a praying man, but my heart aches for your troubles and I'm doing my best to beam healing thoughts towards your wife.
Bear - thanks for the update. I am pulling for her hard. Her ability to keep fighting through all she has gone through is as inspiring as it gets.
Linda just took a huge turn for the worse this morning. They tried draining fluid from one of her lungs so she could breathe and she reacted poorly to it. She is having more difficulty breathing and is having heart issues now as well. If she makes it for the next 24 hours......Bear
PRAYERS for Linda & you Bear

Mike
I keep checking in, as a lot of folks are doing. Hang in there as many are praying for you.
From another forum.

My darling daughter Tess Harkey has been giving updates here about her mother all day. I have no words at this point that could equal hers regarding my lovely Wife Linda. She is going through her hardest fight yet, a fight for her life. One i am very fearful of.I believe that there are miracles, after all I found her, but short of one soon I fear she may lose this fight. Hold your loved ones close tonight. You can never see into the future. Bear
Still praying
I'm still hoping and praying for you and Linda, Bear.
The prayers will keep coming Bear. Be strong.
Hang in there bud. You're in all of our prayers.
Praying for Linda and you.
The prayers will keep coming Bear. Be strong.

Fervently even.
Linda, You, and your family are in my prayers.

Getting down (and backup)on my knees is no longer easy, or something I do frequent,........this is one of those times, though.

Strength, and Healing, bear.

GTC
Prayer uplifted again, for Linda and Bear.
Please Lord, help them.

Mark
More prayers on the way.
Still praying here.

Ed
Bear,

We're pulling for Linda big-time in WI.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Prayer uplifted again, for Linda and Bear.
Please Lord, help them.

Mark

+1

norm
Still praying for you and Linda.
Keeping on it!
prayers sent from here
We are still with ya bear. Hoping for good news today sir.

I'm praying too Bear. Hang in there.

Mike

Thoughts and prayers for Linda today.

Prayers sent, once more.
Please, Lord, let us receive a positive update from Bear!
+1
I am so sorry to tell everyone that we lost Linda this morning at 08:05. She slipped away in peace without pain. We are diminished. My darling Wife will be deeply missed by all who knew her. Bear
Bear, thoughts and prayers are with your family during this incredibly difficult time.

Hang in there, better days ahead.

Bear,

Prayers will continue for you and your family.

I'm so sorry that you lost your wife.

She will now have eternal peace.

Steve
Damn, I am without words...

Prayers for you and yours bear.
Peace for all, amen...

Kent
So very sorry....prayers for you and the family.

frown

Sorry bear. Condolences to you and your family.

Wow bear.
I am so sorry to hear this news.
God be with you and yours thru this time.

I tried to read this all, but cannot find what happened to her.

Take care brother, and keep your spirits up. I feel there is a long road ahead of you, and you will have to have your head in the game.
We are here for you, and it may not seem so, but God is with you as well.
frown

Really sorry for your loss.
Bear, I am so very sorry for the loss of your wife and the pain and sorrow you are feeling. Now my prayers are to you and your family for comfort and peace. God bless you all.

Bob
Oh no, the post we have all been dreading.

Bear, I am so sorry for your inexpressible loss.

You are in my prayers.

Birdwatcher
Sorry for your loss! frown Hang in there, bear.
frown Our thoughts and prayers are with you...God Bless.
very sorry to read of this. Prayers sent for her family in this difficult time frown
So sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family, will lift you all in prayer.

Brent
Bear - my very deepest condolences.
I am very sorry to hear this, she never gave up and nor did you. frown R.I.P.
Bear, words cannot cover my sorrow for your loss and pain.
Bear you and yours will be in my thoughts and prayers in the coming days. Your wife fought a great battle and is free of her pain. God speed to your lovely lady
Embraced by our Heavenly Father and free of suffering. In that we are secure.

We mourn with you, bear. Until you see her again...

Peace be with you, sir.
Dam just Dam! RIP Linda, take care Brother!
I am so sorry to tell everyone that we lost Linda this morning at 08:05. She slipped away in peace without pain. We are diminished. My darling Wife will be deeply missed by all who knew her. Bear

Prayers for strength and comfort on the way Bear. May the Lord hold you and your family close.
Bear, have been praying day by day through this with you, and was extra burdened last night about 12:30 - 1:00 AM. Will keep holding you up in prayer.
Out hearts and thoughts go out to you and your family.....we're very, very sorry for your loss. frown
PRAYERS for you & yours 4xBear

Mike
So very, very sorry for the loss of your dear Linda. I have been praying for her recovery, now I will continue in prayer for you and the rest of your family and friends. May the peace of God be with you and comfort you in your time of great need.

I have met neither of you, but I am crushed by this news.
May Linda rest in God's arms now.
Bear, I'm certainly sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. Prayers are on the way.

L.W.
Bear,

So sory to hear of your loss.

Stay strong for your family.
I'm very sorry to hear this. Continued thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.

Friend Bear,

Know ALWAYS that you are in Karen's and my prayers. We are so danged sorry for your loss.

God Bless You,

Steve & Karen

I am saddened for you and your family Bear but thrilled Linda has gone home to a better place. You will stay in my prayers.
Bear

My heartfelt condolences to you and yours.

Denny
Bear,
I've been following this and my heart breaks for you and your family. I am so sorry.
Mickey
Bear,
I join the campfire "family" in expressing my sympathy. I am so sorry for your loss.
So very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace.
Damn, why is this hitting me so hard? I am so sorry bear. You are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Bob
Condolences bear....give our best to your family.
Oh no bear. I am so very sorry. May God grant you peace.
The only comfort I can offer is that you "WILL" see her again.May the peace of God that passes all understanding be shead abroad in your heart by the Holy Ghost.
John 11: 17 - 44
John 11:35 is believed to mean that Jesus wept because of calling Lazarus back from Heaven (such a beautiful place)
I believe Linda (beautiful, in Spanish) is in that beautiful place!
My prayers and condolences will continue for you, and your family, Bear.
Take care of yourself.

Mark
I'm so sorry to hear this, my condolences to you and your family. Prayers from Texas
Oh Bear.....I'm so sorry!

Your darling wife, you and your children are in my prayers and with tears I will pray you find some comfort in the knowledge that you'll be reunited someday.
sorry for your loss.
Bear, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family.
Bear,

You are a good man. I am sorry that you and your family had to go through this. Our prayers are with you. God Bless.
So sorry to hear this news Bear. My continued prayers are with you and your family. Be strong Sir and may the God of all creation help you find peace.

Mike
Bear,

May I extend to you my deepest and most sincere condolences. May our combined thoughts and prayers help you bear these nearly impossible days.
May you know the fellowship of the Prince of Peace and may you be bolstered by our (Campfire) prayers. We bear your burden with you.

Jim

Bear, my heart sank when I read your post.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Take care.
Bear... I am so sorry for your loss.

I have been following, and praying, but not posting. I know what you've been going through, from the perspective of an ICU physician, which doesn't approach the agony you've been going through, but still...

All I can say is I am so sorry, and glad your lovely wife's suffering has come to a close.
Bear, I'm not much for these sort of things, but my thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am sorry for your great loss Sir.
I just now searched out this thread to find an update.

I'm very sorry for your loss, 4xbear.
Bear,

I am very sorry to hear about your loss...

Words fail me

Tom
I am very sorry for your loss.
My condolences to you and your family. Prayers sent.
My prayers and thoughts are still with you Bear. So sorry for your loss.
Bear, I'm sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and family.
Thank you all for the support and prayers for the family and my Wife during the ordeal we are still going through. We all wish to say that you have given us the strength that we needed to travel the road we were forced to go down. I/we will not forget your kindness. Bear
You're not walking that road alone Bear. Our prayers and thoughts travel with you and your family.
This place ROCKS!
You're not walking that road alone Bear. Our prayers and thoughts travel with you and your family.

What he said.

What he said.

Well put.

Mark
Bear, I just found this thread and read it from the beginning. I'm at a loss for the right words. I'm so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Bear, I never met you or Linda yet my heart is broken. My wife Judy and I seem to have been appointed to take care of our sick and dying parents, family and friends, it is an unbearable responsibility, yet one that strengthens our heart with His divine compassion. If we had not had the intervention of Jesus Christ directly in our lives, if He had not revealed Himself to us in a way that left no doubt of His existence, we would have lost all perspective, all hope. No matter what happens, no matter our belief, no matter the grief and anguish, everything is made right when we arrive at our new home. Take comfort from your caring, your compassion and love for Linda, I know you will be reunited with her as surely as the sun rises tomorrow. God bless and comfort you.
Bear, I am very sorry for your loss.. Prayers sent for you all..
I can't even begin to fathom the pain and sadness you are experiencing with the loss of your wife Linda. Your entire family are in our thoughts Bear.

What he said.
...........x10
Bear and family, May God bless and comfort you in your time of need and sorrow. My deepest condolences to you and your family over your loss. HH in Pa

Bear, I am so sorry to hear this, you have mine and my families prayers. Les
© 24hourcampfire