Home
Posted By: 338Rem Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Watching Biden in this debate smiling. I can't help but think of Jeff Dunham's puppet Walter.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Why would you insult Walter like that!
Posted By: jdunham Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Ryan just hit him between the eyes with that "The VP knows that sometimes the words don't come out of your mouth right". Joe is stuttering.
Posted By: Mac84 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
How's Ryan doing? I caught a glimpse and it looked like Biden was trying to bully him.
Biden is coming off as a pompus ass. Shocker!
Posted By: dsink Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by jdunham
Ryan just hit him between the eyes with that "The VP knows that sometimes the words don't come out of your mouth right". Joe is stuttering.

That was a good shot on Biden.
Posted By: savage62 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Biden is like obama talking out his azz an Ryan is kicking it great /.Old Joe about to explode he not making many point
Posted By: Tracks Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
I turned it off. I can't look at that silly grinning bastard anymore more.
Seems every time Ryan was about to score a point the mod changes the subject.
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Is Biden on crack or something,honest to god. I think old Joe should just debate himself
Biden is interupting Ryan on every answer. Am I the only one who thinks he sounds like a total condescending jackass?
Posted By: rong Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
would be nice if Biden would let Ryan speak,(Walter,thats great)
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Biden is coming off as a pompus ass. Shocker!

A loudmouth pompus ass. Joe needs to turn down the volume. If it weren't for class warfare, Joe would not have anything to talk about. kwg
Posted By: steelheadslayer Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
i really don't like that so called "moderator"
She needs to reel in Biden. He is out of control.
Posted By: steelheadslayer Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
why wont biden shut his damn mouth and let ryan talk?...
...what an ass!
Posted By: Porkypine Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
She should be sitting in Biden's lap.....
Posted By: Brad Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
I'd say Biden is handling Ryan pretty handily... you just can't have any gravity at Ryan's age, and he doesn't have any.

Ryan and Biden both, but Ryan more so, have been in nothing but politics their whole lives.

Both are what is absolutely wrong with what American politics is today.

Two sides of the same f-d up coin.
Originally Posted by Brad
I'd say Biden is handling Ryan pretty handily... you just can't have any gravity at Ryan's age, and he doesn't have any.

I Don't see it.
Posted By: cfran Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Nor I.
Posted By: 338Rem Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
I guess we are watching two different debates.
Posted By: George_De_Vries_3rd Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12

I would disagree I think. Ryan has acted the more factual, knowledgable, and serious and Biden is interrupting constantly, and snickering when not doing so, though he does show flashes of able filibustering.
Posted By: dsink Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Looks like us and alot of other people are watching a different debate.
I just pulled up an online poll on CNBC asking who is winning the debate. They have Ryne at 62% and Biden at 28%.
Posted By: Buck2 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Bidens kicking Ryan�s A$$. He is a car salesman that could convince most that a black car is green. Someone that is honest doesn�t have a chance. Todays voters look a flash not facts.
Posted By: 17ACKLEYBEE Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Biden is interupting Ryan on every answer. Am I the only one who thinks he sounds like a total condescending jackass?

LOL and the non partisan moderater is letting him. Oh that's the Obama's going to her kids wedding bitch isn't it?
Originally Posted by Brad
I'd say Biden is handling Ryan pretty handily...

And Joe knows it that's why that [bleep] eating grin has vanished. No Joe knows he got his ass kicked.
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Too bad Ryan had to debate Biden and the moderator
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Too bad Ryan had to debate Biden and the moderator

But isn't that within the rules of the Fairness Doctrine?

But say now the debate is over and MsNBC gets to add their spin to it.
Posted By: pahick Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Ryan's courteousness came off as a weakness, IMO. Biden manhandled him. Biden seemed to have no clue with what to do from today forward except to keep doing what they are doing, which we know isnt working. Unfortunately, I think people on the fence are going to see Ryan as the weaker opponent. I hope im wrong.
Posted By: deflave Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
You are correct.

Ryan looked like a puzzy.

Travis
I saw a guy content to let Biden tie the knot, throw the rope over the branch and hang himself with his ranting behaviour. But that's just me.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
I saw a guy content to let Biden tie the knot, throw the rope over the branch and hang himself with his ranting behaviour. But that's just me.

Yep, all Ryan had to do to win this debate was let the REAL Joe come out and play. Didn't take more that a few minutes for Biden to show his Ass. Joe lost the minute he started snickering & interrupting. What a Jackass !
Posted By: bigsqueeze Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Ryan was too reserved imo and sometimes Radditz didn`t let him finish his points. At times it was two against one. Ryan was polite, polished and on point.

As Charles Krauthammer just stated on Fox,,,,"If you were listening to the debate on the radio, Biden wins. Watching on TV and based on script, then Ryan wins."

Biden also lied about the Libyian embassy attack stating that the video "according to the intel" was the reason for the attack. According to the intel??? That alone will come back and haunt Biden after the fact checking is done.

HOWEVER! AND THIS IS A BIG & HUGE HOWEVER!......Biden`s rudeness, condescending, interrupting, smirking and laughing, will not go over well with the American people. Just from the undecided Ohio voters sitting in on Luntz`s focus group on Fox, THEY DID NOT LIKE Biden`s demeanor. Many on Twitter saw that also.

My take? No movement up in the polls for Obama/Biden, nor any decrease in the polls for Romney/Ryan.
Posted By: BRISTECD Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Ryan should have looked Biden in the eye and said "Joe, if you will shut the hell up for a minute, I'm sure the American people would like to hear my answer to the question".
Ryan couldn't answer anything because Biden was running his mouth the whole time and the moderator allowed it. Why can't we get a simple truck driver to read the questions and let each answer and the mod can beat the crap out of them if they interrupt. I would like to have heard the answers from each, not a bunch of interrupting.
Posted By: pahick Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by deflave
You are correct.

Travis

Most definitely. He came off as a high school junior showing respect for his elders. That dont cut it. Outta the gate he shoulda brought up the unemployment numbers and let Joe explain those, and just as Joe did, butt in and ask questions..specifically the model used, new welfare applicants, food stamps...really start pounding him. He never made him sweat. Ya, he got some smiles, but Biden always came back, whether truth or lie, with a condescending tone and Ryan just sits there with that pursed lip smile....yup, puzzy!
Posted By: sandcritter Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Would like to nominate the winner of the Campfire Curmudgeon contest to be the next moderator. Leave bias at the door, just execute moderator duties with full curmudgeonliness.
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
Ryan should have looked Biden in the eye and said "Joe, if you will shut the hell up for a minute, I'm sure the American people would like to hear my answer to the question".
Ryan couldn't answer anything because Biden was running his mouth the whole time and the moderator allowed it. Why can't we get a simple truck driver to read the questions and let each answer and the mod can beat the crap out of them if they interrupt. I would like to have heard the answers from each, not a bunch of interrupting.

Joe did his job and Ryan let him get away with it. This was by design, since Democrats knew that Joe couldn't hang with Ryan on substance. Paul needed to stand up for himself a bit more, in my view.
Posted By: Tracks Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by BRISTECD

I was hoping Ryan would tell him that there is a medicine that could help his facial problems, none exist for the mental.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
If debates are scored on being rude, aloof, condescending, interrupting, and smirking then ole Joe won that one hands down. Just the guy you want to step into the Presidents shoes should they become empty. GW
Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

How many times did Ryan interrupt just for the sake of comparison? GW
Posted By: Toddly Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Joe lost within 10 minutes. He came across as smug and dismissive. That's all that the Romney team needed.
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

How many times did Ryan interrupt just for the sake of comparison? GW
.................Nowhere near 82 times. Totally lopsided in the interrupting dept.
Posted By: Gledeasy Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
No way did Biden win this debate. Honestly, to me no one came off as the home run victor. I do give the edge to Ryan though and had he told Biden to shut the heck up and let him speak I think it would have spoken volumes. In the end I think he did the right thing. He was respectful and if you want to work together with both parties you need to be that way. And he didn't necessarily have to do anything big to keep the ball rolling for Romney.

Biden may have controlled the debate, but it certainly wasn't by any substance with what he said. He just wouldn't let the debate happen because of his interupting arrogance and attitude, which is what I think the Dems wanted. Ryan said it best, that if you don't have a record to run on you use scare tactics to keep them voting for the opposition. Biden was just reaching out and pulling everything he could to hopefully stick. I don't think it's going to sit well with the American people on how he acted. Voters want to hear both sides. It wasn't professional in the least bit. If he were confident in what he had to bring to the table he would have let Ryan speak. And the fact that he denied they knew anything about the requests made in Libya, I simply cannot believe that.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
My read on it. Looking at Romney's comment on the 47%, Romney clearly states that he will never get the vote of 47% of the electorate regardless of what he does or says. So in reality they are competing over 4% of the voters to carry them over the top. The Independent voter in other words.

I have already made my decision long ago that Biden is a complete ass but believe it or not, a lot of voters don't even know he is the Vice President (I still have trouble believing it). In many circles people still respect polite behavior and do not appreciate condescending, rude, petulant behavior in a grown man. They might perhaps expect it from a young upstart.

I think the handlers really lead Joe down the wrong path because that behavior only appealed to the MSNBC watching crowd, snarky at best. I only wonder if other stations did the split screen like Fox so you could see the big jackass. If not, perhaps that was part of the plan too.
Posted By: WildWest Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
He sure is, old joe blow hard. God it was tough watching him try to make his gestures mean something. A real buffoon, old joe, is.
Sure would be nice to have a real VP with class represent us. Also,A real business man represent us in the WH.
Not looking all that good for `ol Joe on Twitter.

His arrogance, smirking, laughing, condescending, and the continual interrupting just may have overshadowed everything else.

Impression is so critical. Joe`s likability among independents and undecideds imo went down a few points.

The hard left Obammy supporters, suckers and drones loved the debate and thought that Joe won.

Joe`s version of who knew what and blaming the intel regarding the events in Libya,,,is haunting him already!
Posted By: northern_dave Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Ryan's demeanor was calculated and executed with controlled precision. He came away as the respectful gentleman with continually interrupted facts and straight talk which was relentlessly cut short and badgered by a cbs witch.

Joe did his own damage, punched himself out with the cbs whore stroking his dead old dick.
Posted By: nighthawk Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
To me Biden came off as a blowhard, a pompous ass. But that was pretty much a given before the debate.

Ryan did well if you dismissed Biden's rhetoric, I don't think Ryan has the mindset for adversarial debate. I would not want Ryan arguing my case before a jury. I would want Biden arguing my case before a jury particularly if I was guilty. Now if my case was before a judge who would dismiss the extraneous crap, definitely Ryan.
Posted By: cutNshoot Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
LMAO!!!!!!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by supercrewd
My read on it. Looking at Romney's comment on the 47%, Romney clearly states that he will never get the vote of 47% of the electorate regardless of what he does or says. So in reality they are competing over 4% of the voters to carry them over the top. The Independent voter in other words.

It's not that simple. A big portion of that 47% is also one of the least likely to get out and vote. The elderly, yes. But the youngsters and the welfare rolls don't usually bother. So 47% of the electorate won't vote for Romney, but half of those can't be bothered to vote for Obama either..
Posted By: RAS Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
You are correct.

Travis

No, that is called class. Ryan has a pretty in depth workout program. If he wanted, he could get Biden's lunch money from him real quick.
Posted By: las Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Putting aside partisanship as much as I am able, I'd say 55-45 Bidens's favor in the public view. Bastid lies smoothly - he's had practice.

And he had the "patrician' look going for him.

He's obviously not as dumb as Fox News makes him out to be...

Posted By: 378Canuck Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Seems Biden a bit old to me for the young generation vote regardless of what comes out his hole.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by las
Putting aside partisanship as much as I am able, I'd say 55-45 Bidens's favor in the public view. Bastid lies smoothly - he's had practice.

And he had the "patrician' look going for him.

He's obviously not as dumb as Fox News makes him out to be...

I think that's called the "Idiot" look! Or he was talking out of his other [bleep]... Biden lost 20 points by just making a ass out of himself. He didn't need any help from Ryan. And No, he's not a very good liar, either. Hell, he's to dumb to even spell F-O-X. cool
Posted By: RogueHunter Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer
...what an ass!

Biden's strategy was in fact not to let Ryan speak.
Posted By: arkypete Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Biden is just as fake as his white teeth.

Jim
Posted By: uncle joe Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
For a while there I was thinking old Joe was going to tell Ryan to pull his finger, he reminded me of the old SNL skit where Chevy Chase was making faces every time his opponent looked the other way.
At the point where things boiled up to the "oh now you're Jack Kennedy?"

Ryan should have just stopped, looked directly at Biden and asked him if he was ok.

Posted By: 338Rem Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
A quote from Walter, "800 Million Billion" WTF?
Posted By: tddeangelo Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
One thing I haven't seen latched onto in the press....

Joe said something to the effect of "who cares if Iran can create a nuclear device? They don't have a weapon to deliver it, so it doesn't matter if they can make a bomb."

And no one caught that in the press? No one????
Posted By: M99ER Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer
...what an ass!

Biden's strategy was in fact not to let Ryan speak.

^^This.^^

I'm calling it the Chris Matthews method.

Definitely not the Dake Carnagie method!

Originally Posted by tddeangelo
One thing I haven't seen latched onto in the press....

Joe said something to the effect of "who cares if Iran can create a nuclear device? They don't have a weapon to deliver it, so it doesn't matter if they can make a bomb."

And no one caught that in the press? No one????

And after they have the nuke, and the weapon.... he will smirk and say "they don't have any fuel for the rocket."

Then it will be "Nobody has a match to light that thing off"

"they haven't developed the launch button yet"

etc.

[bleep] idiot, and how is that topic funny???? mad

He laughed through the whole topic.

As if everybody is silly and foolish for being concerned.

Posted By: dmsbandit Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Biden was arrogance on parade last night. Ryan kept his cool and came across as a smart polite guy who won't be intimidated by anyone.

NBC had a poll and 54% of their respondants said Ryan won the debate only 36% [?] called it for Biden. Even CNN had Ryan winning by 4% points.
Posted By: Raisuli Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Ryan was in a difficult position. He could've espoused a near-conservative agenda, which would have put him at odds with the liberal leftist neocon who's at the top of the ticket, or he could've comported himself consistently with the liberal leftist neocon.
Posted By: catman925 Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Joe kicked dat ass last nite
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by northern_dave
At the point where things boiled up to the "oh now you're Jack Kennedy?"

Ryan should have just stopped, looked directly at Biden and asked him if he was ok.

Yes. He should have. But he didn't and I was dissappointed with his performance.

Travis
Originally Posted by RAS
You are correct.

Travis

No, that is called class. Ryan has a pretty in depth workout program. If he wanted, he could get Biden's lunch money from him real quick.

Debates aren't about having class. They're about making yourself look competent, and your opponent look like an incompetent POS.

Ryan didn't do that. He didn't even come close. He got man handled by a raisin faced, bra-burning liberal, and a semi-retarded dinosaur.

Travis
It was Ryan's debate to lose....he didn't lose it. He may not have "won" anything, but Biden clearly had the onus on him to make something happen, and boy, was he pushing hard to "make something happen."

But when even CNN viewer comments are taking his actions (Biden's) to task, you know he went off the edge....
It was Ryan's debate to lose....he didn't lose it. He may not have "won" anything, but Biden clearly had the onus on him to make something happen, and boy, was he pushing hard to "make something happen."

But when even CNN viewer comments are taking his actions (Biden's) to task, you know he went off the edge....

CNN is probably the least biased network on cable these days. They're picking up what Fox dropped years ago.

I'm pro-Romney/Ryan. And they have my vote regardless.

But I'm also objective. And I can say (objectively) Ryan did a poor job last night. He was debating a retarded monkey. He could have done a lot, and he didn't do schit.

We're still behind in the polls folks. Status quo for their campaign ain't gonna get it done for the R/R ticket.

Travis
Posted By: JPro Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
It came off more as a wash than we would have liked. Ryan brought substance, but not enough backbone and too much tolerance for the behavior of his opponent. Biden brough nothing but sarcasm and disregard for proper procedure. Undecided voters who read newspapers will see Ryan as a viable option. Undecided voters who watch Vin Diesel movies will think Joe is "kickass". Let's hope those who haven't yet made up their minds are in that position because they are carefully weighing the options, not because they just now realized there is an election this year.

CNN is probably the least biased network on cable these days. They're picking up what Fox dropped years ago.

But I'm also objective. And I can say (objectively) Ryan did a poor job last night. He was debating a retarded monkey. He could have done a lot, and he didn't do schit.

We're still behind in the polls folks. Status quo for their campaign ain't gonna get it done for the R/R ticket.

Travis

I'm no Fox News fan, either, I can't stand the shouting and ranting, but CNN is as unbiased as Monica's dress is clean.

Travis

LOL that's why most folks refer to it as Communist News Network.
I uaed to refer to as the same. But your comments only show you have not viewed the CNN network in some time.

I am as far right as an American can get. And I am here to tell you, CNN has moved to the center.

Try it after the next debate. Then switch to Fox. Then switch to MSNBC.

Then quietly admit I was right. As always...

Travis
I've watched CNN several times in the last two months. They may be "less biased", but they aren't even CLOSE to being "unbiased". Even their website shows clear bias, and their head pollster was rationalizing the Ryan numbers on there six ways from Sunday. Bias is alive and well there.
I don't know who you are adressing, because I never used "unbiased" to describe that network.

Travis
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
i wanted to reach thur the tv and wipe that smirk off the old goats face......if the shoe was on the other foot..the news folks would sink our ship.
I don't know who you are adressing, because I never used "unbiased" to describe that network.

Travis

Sorry, I was perhaps too "loose" in my word choice. I happen to disagree with your assessment of CNN, but in the grand scheme, it matters not whether we agree on the leanings and degree to which they exist of a cable news outlet.
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Originally Posted by dmsbandit
Ryan kept his cool and came across as a smart polite guy who won't be intimidated by anyone.

That, and his love of family and the outdoors are the reasons he has been popular enough here to get elected and in the position he is in today. Some of the the venom spitters in this area even tone it down a little when on the topic of Paul Ryan.
There's lot of 'yellers' in the world like Biden. Few, if any command the respect of rational people. A level head and the ability to listen rather than speak over another usually has a better effect. Ryan had no reason to try to talk over or make Biden look foolish. Joe has it down to an art.
Posted By: HUNTS Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Reagan was pretty condescending and smirky too in his day. Maybe Biden was chanelling him last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi9y5-Vo61w

Travis

Sorry, I was perhaps too "loose" in my word choice. I happen to disagree with your assessment of CNN, but in the grand scheme, it matters not whether we agree on the leanings and degree to which they exist of a cable news outlet.

I agree with me too.

Travis
Posted By: northwestalaska Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
I've watched CNN several times in the last two months. They may be "less biased", but they aren't even CLOSE to being "unbiased". Even their website shows clear bias, and their head pollster was rationalizing the Ryan numbers on there six ways from Sunday. Bias is alive and well there.

I think that can be said about almost all of the news channels. Certainly MSNBC is way Left as FOX is way right and neither hides it. As long as we under the slant and spend some time watching both sides we can and will be informed.

As far as the debate last night.

I was impressed by both Ryan and Biden. Both stood their ground and threw hard punches. Being that I am a middle of the road liberal I think Biden got the over all better of Ryan but the snarky grin on Biden's face made me want to turn off the TV and switch to the radio, which I did...Much better!

Hammer time men!
Posted By: FishN4Eyes Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12

Travis

Yep, I totally agree with 'Flave.

I thought this was a golden opportunity for Ryan to help the Romney campaign and don't think that happened.

Not saying Biden had a great debate but Ryan had some chances to nail his ass and didn't.

I was VERY disappointed in Ryan's performance as I expected a complete ass-whooping of Biden and that clearly didn't happen.
Posted By: dmsbandit Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12

Travis

Your behind the times.

At least 4 different polling firms have Romney ahead of Obama, and Obama is only guarenteed 7 states. One polling firm has pulled out of NC, Virginia, and Florida because Mitt is so far ahead and pulling away.

I also heard someone from a statistical data firm that has been 89% correct since 1980s election of Reagan earlier this week. He said they are Predicting Romney to get somewhere around 360 electoral votes.
Biden did not and won`t help Bammy in the polls.

Liberals thrive on style and emotion rather than on substance and fact.

The left leaning moderates to the hard core leftists will all say that Biden won the debate and got the best of Ryan. Biden didn`t do a damned thing to sway most independents and most of the undecideds who could very well decide this election. If anything, he turned most of them completely off. His demeanor has backfired on the Bammy campaign.

Ryan clearly won on substance. The fact checkers so far have come up with six lies and distortions from Biden. No doubt more to come.
Posted By: M99ER Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12

Travis

Your behind the times.

At least 4 different polling firms have Romney ahead of Obama, and Obama is only guarenteed 7 states. One polling firm has pulled out of NC, Virginia, and Florida because Mitt is so far ahead and pulling away.

I also heard someone from a statistical data firm that has been 89% correct since 1980s election of Reagan earlier this week. He said they are Predicting Romney to get somewhere around 360 electoral votes.

That would have to mean that several of the 'leans Obama' states will have to cross the line and vote red. You won't hear me complain, but unless Romney is strong in the next 2 debates, I don't believe the spread will be that wide.
Posted By: 378Canuck Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/12/12
Hopefully sanity will prevail. I don't think USA could suffer another 4 years with Obama at the helm. Common feeling here in the north.
Posted By: deflave Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/14/12

Your behind the times.

Yes sir, I have heard that rhetoric repeated over and over on Fox News as well.

I want Romney to win, badly. But to believe that there is an 89% chance that Romney will have 360 electoral votes (and that is what those statistics are implying) simply means you need to turn the [bleep] channel every day or so.

Travis
Posted By: fish head Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/14/12
Bottom line.

I don't believe the VP debate will swing the polls one way or the other.

Originally Posted by fish head
Bottom line.

I don't believe the VP debate will swing the polls one way or the other.

Not handling it the way these two did.

But I firmly believe these next two debates will be huge. Romney best bring his A-game.

Travis
Posted By: fish head Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/14/12
Romney has an A-game. I don't think Hussein does.

It will be extremely difficult (virtually impossible) for Hussein to top Mitt on anything that has to do with jobs and the economy.

The only area where Hussein could possibly come out on top is social issues but he'd have to bring his A-game, if he's got one, to do it. The same tired dem rhetoric isn't going to cut it and that's Hussein's strong point and vunerability. He repeats himself over and over and over.
Yes, the social issues are about all they have to talk about.

One thing that really annoyed the schit out of me during that VP debate was the abortion question toward the end.

I would have paid to see Ryan simply reply "Roe v Wade will not be looked at by our administration over the next four years. America needs our economy fixed, and unemployment decreased before we change status quo of social issues."

Travis
Posted By: JRaw Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/14/12

One thing that really annoyed the schit out of me during that VP debate was the abortion question toward the end.

I would have paid to see Ryan simply reply "Roe v Wade will not be looked at by our administration over the next four years. America needs our economy fixed, and unemployment decreased before we change status quo of social issues."

Travis

T, I agree. Romney handled this well in the primary debates and when Ryan was asked the question he just paused as if to say, "Crap, I didn't think they would ask me that." The biggest blemish in what I thought was a pretty good performance.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/14/12

Travis

Like our Governor, Mitch Daniels, said?
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/14/12
My take:

To be able to convince someone of something, you first have to listen to them and understand them, so you can then know how to approach them. Ryan presented himself very well as someone who was serious, but also willing to listen. Biden didn't.
Posted By: dmsbandit Re: Biden/Ryan - 10/15/12

Your behind the times.

Yes sir, I have heard that rhetoric repeated over and over on Fox News as well.

I want Romney to win, badly. But to believe that there is an 89% chance that Romney will have 360 electoral votes (and that is what those statistics are implying) simply means you need to turn the [bleep] channel every day or so.

Travis

It wasn't FOX news that had the info. I heard it on a local radio station as they interviewed the guy running the numbers.
© 24hourcampfire