Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tddeangelo
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't know who you are adressing, because I never used "unbiased" to describe that network.

Travis

Sorry, I was perhaps too "loose" in my word choice. I happen to disagree with your assessment of CNN, but in the grand scheme, it matters not whether we agree on the leanings and degree to which they exist of a cable news outlet.

I agree with me too.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I've watched CNN several times in the last two months. They may be "less biased", but they aren't even CLOSE to being "unbiased". Even their website shows clear bias, and their head pollster was rationalizing the Ryan numbers on there six ways from Sunday. Bias is alive and well there.

I think that can be said about almost all of the news channels. Certainly MSNBC is way Left as FOX is way right and neither hides it. As long as we under the slant and spend some time watching both sides we can and will be informed.

As far as the debate last night.

I was impressed by both Ryan and Biden. Both stood their ground and threw hard punches. Being that I am a middle of the road liberal I think Biden got the over all better of Ryan but the snarky grin on Biden's face made me want to turn off the TV and switch to the radio, which I did...Much better!

Hammer time men!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was Ryan's debate to lose....he didn't lose it. He may not have "won" anything, but Biden clearly had the onus on him to make something happen, and boy, was he pushing hard to "make something happen."

But when even CNN viewer comments are taking his actions (Biden's) to task, you know he went off the edge....

CNN is probably the least biased network on cable these days. They're picking up what Fox dropped years ago.

I'm pro-Romney/Ryan. And they have my vote regardless.

But I'm also objective. And I can say (objectively) Ryan did a poor job last night. He was debating a retarded monkey. He could have done a lot, and he didn't do schit.

We're still behind in the polls folks. Status quo for their campaign ain't gonna get it done for the R/R ticket.

Travis

Yep, I totally agree with 'Flave.

I thought this was a golden opportunity for Ryan to help the Romney campaign and don't think that happened.

Not saying Biden had a great debate but Ryan had some chances to nail his ass and didn't.

I was VERY disappointed in Ryan's performance as I expected a complete ass-whooping of Biden and that clearly didn't happen.

Last edited by FishN4Eyes; 10/12/12.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was Ryan's debate to lose....he didn't lose it. He may not have "won" anything, but Biden clearly had the onus on him to make something happen, and boy, was he pushing hard to "make something happen."

But when even CNN viewer comments are taking his actions (Biden's) to task, you know he went off the edge....

CNN is probably the least biased network on cable these days. They're picking up what Fox dropped years ago.

But I'm also objective. And I can say (objectively) Ryan did a poor job last night. He was debating a retarded monkey. He could have done a lot, and he didn't do schit.

We're still behind in the polls folks. Status quo for their campaign ain't gonna get it done for the R/R ticket.

Travis

Your behind the times.

At least 4 different polling firms have Romney ahead of Obama, and Obama is only guarenteed 7 states. One polling firm has pulled out of NC, Virginia, and Florida because Mitt is so far ahead and pulling away.

I also heard someone from a statistical data firm that has been 89% correct since 1980s election of Reagan earlier this week. He said they are Predicting Romney to get somewhere around 360 electoral votes.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Biden did not and won`t help Bammy in the polls.

Liberals thrive on style and emotion rather than on substance and fact.

The left leaning moderates to the hard core leftists will all say that Biden won the debate and got the best of Ryan. Biden didn`t do a damned thing to sway most independents and most of the undecideds who could very well decide this election. If anything, he turned most of them completely off. His demeanor has backfired on the Bammy campaign.

Ryan clearly won on substance. The fact checkers so far have come up with six lies and distortions from Biden. No doubt more to come.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by dmsbandit

Travis

Your behind the times.

At least 4 different polling firms have Romney ahead of Obama, and Obama is only guarenteed 7 states. One polling firm has pulled out of NC, Virginia, and Florida because Mitt is so far ahead and pulling away.

I also heard someone from a statistical data firm that has been 89% correct since 1980s election of Reagan earlier this week. He said they are Predicting Romney to get somewhere around 360 electoral votes.

That would have to mean that several of the 'leans Obama' states will have to cross the line and vote red. You won't hear me complain, but unless Romney is strong in the next 2 debates, I don't believe the spread will be that wide.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hopefully sanity will prevail. I don't think USA could suffer another 4 years with Obama at the helm. Common feeling here in the north.

Last edited by 378Canuck; 10/12/12. Reason: speeling

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Your behind the times.

Yes sir, I have heard that rhetoric repeated over and over on Fox News as well.

I want Romney to win, badly. But to believe that there is an 89% chance that Romney will have 360 electoral votes (and that is what those statistics are implying) simply means you need to turn the [bleep] channel every day or so.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bottom line.

I don't believe the VP debate will swing the polls one way or the other.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by fish head
Bottom line.

I don't believe the VP debate will swing the polls one way or the other.

Not handling it the way these two did.

But I firmly believe these next two debates will be huge. Romney best bring his A-game.

Travis

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Romney has an A-game. I don't think Hussein does.

It will be extremely difficult (virtually impossible) for Hussein to top Mitt on anything that has to do with jobs and the economy.

The only area where Hussein could possibly come out on top is social issues but he'd have to bring his A-game, if he's got one, to do it. The same tired dem rhetoric isn't going to cut it and that's Hussein's strong point and vunerability. He repeats himself over and over and over.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Yes, the social issues are about all they have to talk about.

One thing that really annoyed the schit out of me during that VP debate was the abortion question toward the end.

I would have paid to see Ryan simply reply "Roe v Wade will not be looked at by our administration over the next four years. America needs our economy fixed, and unemployment decreased before we change status quo of social issues."

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

One thing that really annoyed the schit out of me during that VP debate was the abortion question toward the end.

I would have paid to see Ryan simply reply "Roe v Wade will not be looked at by our administration over the next four years. America needs our economy fixed, and unemployment decreased before we change status quo of social issues."

Travis

T, I agree. Romney handled this well in the primary debates and when Ryan was asked the question he just paused as if to say, "Crap, I didn't think they would ask me that." The biggest blemish in what I thought was a pretty good performance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Travis

Like our Governor, Mitch Daniels, said?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My take:

To be able to convince someone of something, you first have to listen to them and understand them, so you can then know how to approach them. Ryan presented himself very well as someone who was serious, but also willing to listen. Biden didn't.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Your behind the times.

Yes sir, I have heard that rhetoric repeated over and over on Fox News as well.

I want Romney to win, badly. But to believe that there is an 89% chance that Romney will have 360 electoral votes (and that is what those statistics are implying) simply means you need to turn the [bleep] channel every day or so.

Travis

It wasn't FOX news that had the info. I heard it on a local radio station as they interviewed the guy running the numbers.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (35, 06hunter59, 160user, 257wthbylover, 219DW, 270cowboy, 54 invisible), 1,765 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,134
Posts18,523,194
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.