Home
Civil Disobedience too risky for you? Not for Gov. Scott
Thank God that we have some Governors with intestinal fortitude!

Check this out:
-------------------------------------
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/f...-election.html

Speaking on the New College of Florida campus following a meeting of the state's university governing board, Scott said it will cost taxpayers and business owners too much to expand Medicaid and set up health insurance exchanges as called for under the law.
"No one has been able to show me that that health care exchange is going to do anything rather than raise taxes, raise the cost of our companies to do business," Scott said, adding that expanding Medicaid would also require tax increases.
Scott is one of many Republican governors who have resisted the state programs required by the law before Election Day, but he's the first to voice continued resistance after the election.
In Congress, Republican leaders have indicated that the election results, in which the Democrats retained control of the Senate and boosted their minority in the House, would curtail efforts of repealing the law.
"It's pretty clear that the president was re-elected," House Speaker John Boehner said in an interview with ABC News on Thursday. "Obamacare is the law of the land."

-------------------------------------------more at the link

Those who decry that a tax revolt is "illegal" and "too risky" should take note: We have some Governors that have the guts to deny the federal goons. Just think if there was a full blown federal tax revolt under way - just think how much more impactful our Governors could be.

And just to be secific, I am talking about not paying your quarterly tax if you are a small business or submitting 12 exemptions on a W-2 and then holding the money come April - yes, illegal but so is going 75 MPH on the highway but I see thousands of people do it every year - for convenience or whatever...

It's time to start thinking "YES WE CAN" - and quit with the "no we can't and defeatist talk.

I'm just as dissapointed in how this election went as any here, but we must get pro-active and make things happen. We can't just sit on the sidelines and watch and hope that things go so bad that we can then step in and clean up, or whatever the "plan" is....

IMHO
We in Alabama made it part of our State Constitution on Tuesday.

Obamacare is banned here.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

I would think states like yours will be getting the best and brightest for doctors.

Did not know that! That is outstanding! Alabama = True Americans!

All red states need to step up the plate - Texas!!! Mississippi, Louisiana - go, go, go!!
Yahoo has apparently already taken the story down, big surprise huh.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

'They' are not letting up.

Got room for a few more?

Ya'll like guns and such down there? wink
Now i finally realize why the bible says to be not a borrower. If so many businesses weren't running on bank notes the 'owners' could shut things down a week or two a month and let this thing grind down without being a hostage to the banks or govt.

You have any elk there? Might be a perfect place to move...
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I would think states like yours will be getting the best and brightest for doctors.

Alabama already has one of the best medical schools in the country. wink
Banned Obama care here in Wyoming as well. We also constitutionalized Hunting and Fishing and Concealed Carry. More importantly, we DO have ELK!
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Banned Obama care here in Wyoming as well. We also constitutionalized Hunting and Fishing and Concealed Carry. More importantly, we DO have ELK!

Well lots of great things in Wyoming to bad you have a State income tax or I'd all ready be there.

Did you ever get that Elk?

A town like Ten Sleep looks better everyday wish mom and dad would have kept the old Hotel there.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Now i finally realize why the bible says to be not a borrower. If so many businesses weren't running on bank notes the 'owners' could shut things down a week or two a month and let this thing grind down without being a hostage to the banks or govt.

Good point.
What will these rebel states do when Uncle Sugar cuts off the funny money?
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by gitem_12

^^^This is how rumors spread exponentially^^^

Perhaps the link was modified or not copy/pasted properly. Edit: The link in OP is the 'contraction', not the complete link./edit

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...won-t-implement-153204322--election.html

Good to hear some of the states banning Bozocare...
Originally Posted by RickyD

Got room for a few more?

Alabama has pretty restrictive handgun laws regarding vehicle transport, etc. Permits are required to have a handgun in a vehicle under any circumstances, I believe.
If the gov stands his ground on this, Obammy will sue him and Boehner will cry... cry
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by RickyD

Got room for a few more?

Alabama has pretty restrictive handgun laws regarding vehicle transport, etc. Permits are required to have a handgun in a vehicle under any circumstances, I believe.

No, just loaded. You can have your mag loaded with ammo, it just cannot be in the gun, unless you have a concealed carry permit.

What does it take to get a concealed carry permit? 5 minutes and $25 at the sheriff's office. He just needs to check you license to make sure you're not a wanted felon.

Sorry, no Elk and there is a State income tax as well. It's not perfect, but they're working on it. 2010 was the first time in over 150 years that dems didn't run the state.
Originally Posted by OSOK

And just to be secific, I am talking about not paying your quarterly tax if you are a small business or submitting 12 exemptions on a W-2 and then holding the money come April - yes, illegal but so is going 75 MPH on the highway but I see thousands of people do it every year - for convenience or whatever...

You go first and let us know how that works out for you.
[quote=luv2safari][quote=RickyD]

No, just loaded. You can have your mag loaded with ammo, it just cannot be in the gun, unless you have a concealed carry permit.

What does it take to get a concealed carry permit? 5 minutes and $25 at the sheriff's office. He just needs to check you license to make sure you're not a wanted felon.

In WY we don't need a permit to carry concealed or have a loaded gun in a vehicle
Occasionally Rick Scott gets it right. 99% of the time I would offer him a can of gas were he on fire.
Originally Posted by wyote
[quote=luv2safari][quote=RickyD]

In WY we don't need a permit to carry concealed or have a loaded gun in a vehicle

Gotta love that!

Really? Wish our state would do the same - but that's never gonna happen..
It is past time to leave Illinois. Wife and me have looked and like Wyoming. WVA is nice, but I think Wyoming is "Reder".

Ernie
If you can get the employment that you need in Wyoming, then I say make it happen Ernie. Illinios is communist territory to the max.

I am so thankful that we made the decision to get some land and build a energy efficient home here in Mississippi. We are in a very rural area in a very red state. Our Gov also said "FO" to obummercare.

God Save America!
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...-to-propose-obamacare-nullification-bill
Got an extra room? I come with guns but I do eat a lot, did I mention I come with guns?

I'm thinking Alabama is in for a legal battle I sure hope they win!

Did I mention I come with guns?
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman

Well lots of great things in Wyoming to bad you have a State income tax or I'd all ready be there.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Wyoming has never had a state income tax.
So... Does anyone have any suggestions on how to obtain a cheap but legal address in a state without insurance exchanges, i.e. Obamacare nullification?

I really need to move out of Illinois (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) even if I do have to cmae back here to work, say 50 weeks a year.

Wyoming and South Dakota are about as tax friendly as you are gonna find.
not south dakota its turrible here hot as hell in summer colder n dickens in winter snow up to yer azz wild indins all over the place you don wanna come here
I think I read 8 states have not set up an exchange or have passed laws not to set one up. This leaves the Feds to do that at their own expense in each of these states.
Don't believe states can op out of Zerocare.
Originally Posted by M99ER
Originally Posted by sse
[quote=gitem_12]Yahoo has apparently already taken the story down, big surprise huh.

^^^This is how rumors spread exponentially^^^

Perhaps the link was modified or not copy/pasted properly. Edit: The link in OP is the 'contraction', not the complete link./edit

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...won-t-implement-153204322--election.html

Good to hear some of the states banning Bozocare... [/quote

My bad, I'm not the most computer savvy
Originally Posted by Wtxj
I think I read 8 states have not set up an exchange or have passed laws not to set one up. This leaves the Feds to do that at their own expense in each of these states.
Don't believe states can op out of Zerocare.

Actually, I believe ths Supreme Court decision said that the states could not be forced to rearrange their Medicare (Medicaid?) payments to provide for the cost of setting up the exchanges (and they can't be forced to do it as an unfunded mandate?), so if a state does not set up an exchange, certain provisions relating to individuals are not enforcable.

So, really, where can I find a one square foot apartment with a real street address in a suitable state?
Which states actually voted against exchanges?
© 24hourcampfire