Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Civil Disobedience too risky for you? Not for Gov. Scott
Thank God that we have some Governors with intestinal fortitude!

Check this out:
-------------------------------------
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/f...-election.html

Speaking on the New College of Florida campus following a meeting of the state's university governing board, Scott said it will cost taxpayers and business owners too much to expand Medicaid and set up health insurance exchanges as called for under the law.
"No one has been able to show me that that health care exchange is going to do anything rather than raise taxes, raise the cost of our companies to do business," Scott said, adding that expanding Medicaid would also require tax increases.
Scott is one of many Republican governors who have resisted the state programs required by the law before Election Day, but he's the first to voice continued resistance after the election.
In Congress, Republican leaders have indicated that the election results, in which the Democrats retained control of the Senate and boosted their minority in the House, would curtail efforts of repealing the law.
"It's pretty clear that the president was re-elected," House Speaker John Boehner said in an interview with ABC News on Thursday. "Obamacare is the law of the land."

-------------------------------------------more at the link

Those who decry that a tax revolt is "illegal" and "too risky" should take note: We have some Governors that have the guts to deny the federal goons. Just think if there was a full blown federal tax revolt under way - just think how much more impactful our Governors could be.

And just to be secific, I am talking about not paying your quarterly tax if you are a small business or submitting 12 exemptions on a W-2 and then holding the money come April - yes, illegal but so is going 75 MPH on the highway but I see thousands of people do it every year - for convenience or whatever...

It's time to start thinking "YES WE CAN" - and quit with the "no we can't and defeatist talk.

I'm just as dissapointed in how this election went as any here, but we must get pro-active and make things happen. We can't just sit on the sidelines and watch and hope that things go so bad that we can then step in and clean up, or whatever the "plan" is....

IMHO

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We in Alabama made it part of our State Constitution on Tuesday.

Obamacare is banned here.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

I would think states like yours will be getting the best and brightest for doctors.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Did not know that! That is outstanding! Alabama = True Americans!

All red states need to step up the plate - Texas!!! Mississippi, Louisiana - go, go, go!!

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yahoo has apparently already taken the story down, big surprise huh.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12

'They' are not letting up.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Got room for a few more?

Ya'll like guns and such down there? wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Now i finally realize why the bible says to be not a borrower. If so many businesses weren't running on bank notes the 'owners' could shut things down a week or two a month and let this thing grind down without being a hostage to the banks or govt.

Last edited by eyeball; 11/09/12.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

You have any elk there? Might be a perfect place to move...

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by watch4bear

I would think states like yours will be getting the best and brightest for doctors.

Alabama already has one of the best medical schools in the country. wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Banned Obama care here in Wyoming as well. We also constitutionalized Hunting and Fishing and Concealed Carry. More importantly, we DO have ELK!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Banned Obama care here in Wyoming as well. We also constitutionalized Hunting and Fishing and Concealed Carry. More importantly, we DO have ELK!

Well lots of great things in Wyoming to bad you have a State income tax or I'd all ready be there.

Did you ever get that Elk?

A town like Ten Sleep looks better everyday wish mom and dad would have kept the old Hotel there.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
Now i finally realize why the bible says to be not a borrower. If so many businesses weren't running on bank notes the 'owners' could shut things down a week or two a month and let this thing grind down without being a hostage to the banks or govt.

Good point.
What will these rebel states do when Uncle Sugar cuts off the funny money?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by gitem_12

'They' are not letting up.

^^^This is how rumors spread exponentially^^^

Perhaps the link was modified or not copy/pasted properly. Edit: The link in OP is the 'contraction', not the complete link./edit

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/...won-t-implement-153204322--election.html

Good to hear some of the states banning Bozocare...

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD

Got room for a few more?

Alabama has pretty restrictive handgun laws regarding vehicle transport, etc. Permits are required to have a handgun in a vehicle under any circumstances, I believe.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If the gov stands his ground on this, Obammy will sue him and Boehner will cry... cry

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by RickyD

Got room for a few more?

Alabama has pretty restrictive handgun laws regarding vehicle transport, etc. Permits are required to have a handgun in a vehicle under any circumstances, I believe.

No, just loaded. You can have your mag loaded with ammo, it just cannot be in the gun, unless you have a concealed carry permit.

What does it take to get a concealed carry permit? 5 minutes and $25 at the sheriff's office. He just needs to check you license to make sure you're not a wanted felon.

Sorry, no Elk and there is a State income tax as well. It's not perfect, but they're working on it. 2010 was the first time in over 150 years that dems didn't run the state.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OSOK

And just to be secific, I am talking about not paying your quarterly tax if you are a small business or submitting 12 exemptions on a W-2 and then holding the money come April - yes, illegal but so is going 75 MPH on the highway but I see thousands of people do it every year - for convenience or whatever...

You go first and let us know how that works out for you.

I'm better when I move.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
[quote=luv2safari][quote=RickyD]

No, just loaded. You can have your mag loaded with ammo, it just cannot be in the gun, unless you have a concealed carry permit.

What does it take to get a concealed carry permit? 5 minutes and $25 at the sheriff's office. He just needs to check you license to make sure you're not a wanted felon.

In WY we don't need a permit to carry concealed or have a loaded gun in a vehicle

For every law that's passed, a little freedom dies!!!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Occasionally Rick Scott gets it right. 99% of the time I would offer him a can of gas were he on fire.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (badwolf, 257 mag, 35, BABore, 12 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,066
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.