Home
Oh crap- we're screwed now!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C. - 17 Dec 2012: Today a team of powerful Senators and Congresspeople have already started to write the "Newtown Bill" against assault weapons and suggested Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn. has opened up the issue to re-invigorate the strictest gun laws the U.S. has ever seen.

The Proposed Bill on assault weapons looks to be voted into law regardelss of a fear of destroying Second Amendment rights. The joint team said last Friday's shooting changed all that. "The massacre of our children has changed America. We need to act and remove deadly high-power and high-capacity assault weapons from citizens who may use them against us!" .

The issue is apparently one of Freedom, saying, "We don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting industry that goes out with an assault rifle and uses 30 rounds in a high-power magazine to go get meat. We need to stop these people."

Now that President Obama has won his 2012 re-election race, he will address this issue and condider the new "Newtown Bill" on assault weapons in the wake of the shooting.

The proposed Bill, aims at making all firearms owners accountable like vehicle drivers:

• Registration of all firearms
  • Mandatory firearms insurance
  • Reinstating the assault weapons ban
  • Firearms owners tests
  • Medical examinations
  • Ban on all high-power ammunition that can be used in assault weapons

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C. - 17 Dec 2012: Today a team of powerful Senators and Congresspeople have already started to write the "Newtown Bill" against assault weapons and suggested Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn. has opened up the issue to re-invigorate the strictest gun laws the U.S. has ever seen.

The Proposed Bill on assault weapons looks to be voted into law regardelss of a fear of destroying Second Amendment rights. The joint team said last Friday's shooting changed all that. "The massacre of our children has changed America. We need to act and remove deadly high-power and high-capacity assault weapons from citizens who may use them against us!" .

The issue is apparently one of Freedom, saying, "We don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting industry that goes out with an assault rifle and uses 30 rounds in a high-power magazine to go get meat. We need to stop these people."

Now that President Obama has won his 2012 re-election race, he will address this issue and condider the new "Newtown Bill" on assault weapons in the wake of the shooting.

The proposed Bill, aims at making all firearms owners accountable like vehicle drivers:

• Firearms owners tests
  • Medical examinations
That's a press release -- and a rather unprofessional one, at that. Please cite the source.
link???
Yep, tax and license us into getting rid of most of our guns.
My word. Really,man?
Again, cite the source of the press release. It's meaningless if we don't know who put it out.

This is one of the things I hate about the Internet. Anyone can throw some crap out there and a significant percentage of people immediately take it as gospel.
No schit. In fact,I'd be quite happy were it true. It's easy to know where that one would go once it reached Congress.
Smells like BS to me. The release, as written, would not pass a rudimentary professional review by any credible organization.
My Google Foo efforts came up empty.
You AR/Assault rifle afficianados brought this to pass. No sympathy here when you have to turn those types of weapons in.
Quit searching under "Ass Weapons"!
Originally Posted by gunswizard
You AR/Assault rifle afficianados brought this to pass. No sympathy here when you have to turn those types of weapons in.

So it's the evil black rifle owners that caused this situation ??

That's like blaming all car owners for the drunk driving deaths. You head over to democraticunderground with all the other dipsh!t liberals.
Originally Posted by RISJR
Quit searching under "Ass Weapons"!

My bad.

I was searching Assault Strap-ons ban.
I call BS on the release. Of course, at the 'Fire, the sky is always falling...
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

=============

Ain't that a stone hard fact?
ahhhh, brooksrange has joined in. There will be a lefty feeding frenzy for sure.

[bleep] off.
Originally Posted by RISJR

=============

Ain't that a stone hard fact?

There's enough hand-wringing, wailing and "woe is me" whining in this joint to power NOW for the next 500 years...
The press release might be BS, but you can be sure the Democrats have had the legislation written for quite awhile, tucked away in a filing cabinet, just waiting for an event such as this.
If congress did pass something like this and the vast majority of gun owners ignored it the antis would go nuts. IIRC residents of California ignored a semi-auto ban and nothing happened. Over 50,000 semi-auto gun owners refused to comply. I read a few years ago nearly 1/6 the population of Australia quit paying the tax on firearms after their government banned and destroyed thousands of firearms.
Heard about a new ban on the radio today. Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill
Smells like BS to me. The release, as written, would not pass a rudimentary professional review by any credible organization.

Does not pass the smell test. Troll-related, I'm thinking.
BS Meter pegged
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Plinker
Heard about a new ban on the radio today. Feinstein to introduce assault weapons ban bill

"It will ban the sale, the transfer, the importation, and the possession. Not retroactively, but prospectively. It will ban the same for big clips, drums or strips of more than 10 bullets," she said. "There will be a bill."

I hate that ugly [bleep] old bitch.
Go to hell!
Yeah ban the assault weapons criminals always play by the rules. You got to be a specail kind of STUPID to support that bill.

You're too retarded to own a gun, with due respect for all other retards.

You should turn in your guns immediately and rid your home of any sharp objects.
Dems don't have any right to act like they give a flying flip about our children. If they don't care when they're killed in the womb, they damn sure don't care if they're killed when they're in the 2nd grade. This is simply an opportunity to take advantage of a crisis to push their never-ending liberal agenda.
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Dems don't have any right to act like they give a flying flip about our children. If they don't care when they're killed in the womb, they damn sure don't care if they're killed when they're in the 2nd grade. This is simply an opportunity to take advantage of a crisis to push their never-ending liberal agenda.
+1, very well said
+2
Hasn't it been established that two handguns were used at that school?
No, the only shot from a handgun was with the 10mm Glock and he ate that one. I don't understand why these POS don't just kill themselves first.

He used the Bushmaster for the kids.

It was initially reported that he had used the Glock and Sig for the shooting.
Bullphuck, aint gonna happen.

Gunner
Well my thinking is that there is a whole lot of grandstanding going on right now in the end I doubt that much or anything is going to happen. Now If the President really wanted a ASW ban, I would go along with that if the same bill says that he has to submit a budget that both congress and senate will vote on and he will sign. And that budget has to have a 2 trillion dollar cut to the federal budget in real dollars in 2013 and the feds can no longer run deficits or print money. Since he never sighed a budget my guess he would not bother for a few rifles. Dose anybody have any idea the kind of stuff the opposition could tack on to such a bill? They could add stuff to it and make it a 3000 page deal they didn't read with the Health Care thing. It would die in Committee. Saying and doing are two different things.
As the owner of over 30 guns including a Barrett Rec 7 and Browning Hi Power 9 mm I ask this question. Would these recent massacres been possible with revolvers and regular semi auto hunting rifles? Yes they would but I think with much less carnage because the shooter would have to reload thus giving someone the opportunity to disarm or at least interfere in the shootings.

As a father of 4 and grandfather of a 5,4 and 3 year old I must now ask myself at what point must we say that the safety of the public is less important than the rights of an individual? It is too easy for psychopaths to acquire high capacity semi-autos and inflict horrendous casualties.

Let the flames begin but as responsible gun owners I feel we must take the lead on this or else suffer the consequences.
That idiot could have walked straight into that school with a baseball bat and a glove, went to the classroom and killed the teacher with the bat, then slowly bludgeoned to death all those little ones.

You can kill many with your bare hands or with a rock, it will never be about the weapons.

Gunner
What reaction? A mass counter attack by six year olds or frightened female teachers. He could have killed as many kids with a single shot shotgun and a sack of trap loads. The bottom line is that this kid had a background of mental issues, lock these turds back up and let them rot.
your colors are showing
Originally Posted by blackdogsrule
As the owner of over 30 guns including a Barrett Rec 7 and Browning Hi Power 9 mm I ask this question. Would these recent massacres been possible with revolvers and regular semi auto hunting rifles? Yes they would but I think with much less carnage because the shooter would have to reload thus giving someone the opportunity to disarm or at least interfere in the shootings.

As a father of 4 and grandfather of a 5,4 and 3 year old I must now ask myself at what point must we say that the safety of the public is less important than the rights of an individual? It is too easy for psychopaths to acquire high capacity semi-autos and inflict horrendous casualties.

Let the flames begin but as responsible gun owners I feel we must take the lead on this or else suffer the consequences.

The only people who would give them up are the law abiding. Pieces of schitt like Adam Lanza would still find a way to get their hands on them. There's no evidence at all that gun control works anyway.
Not giving 'em up here either. It's just not Newtown though. We have Columbine, VT, Aurora. This kind of carnage could't have happened with revolvers. I am throwing these thoughts out on a pro shooting forum for thought. Don't even try to question my motives or credentials as a pro gun gun conservative.
Not giving 'em up here either. It's just not Newtown though. We have Columbine, VT, Aurora. This kind of carnage could't have happened with revolvers. I am throwing these thoughts out on a pro shooting forum for thought. Don't even try to question my motives or credentials as a pro gun gun conservative.

I'm not questioning yours or anyone else's motives but are you so naive as to believe if we give in on ARs and the like they won't then come after semi-auto handguns and eventually revolvers?
Tell us then how it would have been with an 870 pump and a school full of kids. The Devil walked through the doors of that school and caused the outcome, not a piece of metal
Originally Posted by blanket
Tell us then how it would have been with an 870 pump and a school full of kids. The Devil walked through the doors of that school and caused the outcome, not a piece of metal

+1

Will you have any sympathy when it's a rem 1100?
It could have been done by busting through the play ground fence with a car or truck and running over everyone he saw.People do deadly things without using firearms every day someplace in the country,but that stuff doesn't make the news.

I would venture that the next wackoperp would then use a shot gun with buckshot or drive a Ram pick-up thru a crowded school yard. You can't legislate against the wicked evil in peoples hearts. But go ahead anyway if it makes you feel good and think your idea would help.

Maybe you can attend the signing of the "new bill" and get His Worshipfullness" to give you one of the pens. But please don't volunteer away my God given rights when you give up yours.

My 870 holds 5 rounds like all the rest. Maybe he would have used the 5th round on himself and some kids would have lived. In any event he would be fumbling with shells and not clips which would have given them time to do something if possible.

Don't mistake my motives here friend. As I said I am a father and grandfather and I am sickened beyond belief wha this and other POS have done.

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

So it's the evil black rifle owners that caused this situation ??

That's like blaming all car owners for the drunk driving deaths. You head over to democraticunderground with all the other dipsh!t liberals.
I second the motion.

My 870 holds 5 rounds like all the rest. Maybe he would have used the 5th round on himself and some kids would have lived. In any event he would be fumbling with shells and not clips which would have given them time to do something if possible.

Don't mistake my motives here friend. As I said I am a father and grandfather and I am sickened beyond belief wha this and other POS have done.

And Timothy McVeigh couldn't have done what he did with an AR and a backpack full of mags. Evil is evil and you can't legislate it out of existence. What exactly is your point other than you are willing to give up your rights and mine?
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoiler

I'm not questioning yours or anyone else's motives but are you so naive as to believe if we give in on ARs and the like they won't then come after semi-auto handguns and eventually revolvers?

Not naive at all. I love shooting my Barrett and Hi Power but I think as gun owners we need to get in front of this issue. This train is coming at us now and it should be us leading and not merely reacting to the screaming liberals that want to ban all semi autos.

During the Columbine shooting Eric Harris used a pump action shotgun 25 times...

You guys minds are clouded. Give up our rights because a few bad apples among millions have done horrible things. I got an idea, I'll keep ALL of my guns and we round up anyone with any kind of mental disorder and lock them up just in case. You know we gotta protect everyone and its time for some people to give up some rights. Like anyone thats a little nutty should give up there right to freedom because they are the ones that have been doing the killings. Guess what else guys, mass killings are down. There was a heck of alot more a long time ago. This is not a new thing. The media is just doing a damn good job brainwashing some of you suckers!
And I used to shoot pin matches with an 870 and could have put a few hundred aimed rounds out with a 5 shot mag in a few minutes, your emotions are clouding your mind and the fact of the matter is that POS perp is responsible for the carnage, not an inaminate object.
We all need to stand strong on this issue, call senators, write letters. They need to focus on the mental people that are out there running unchecked, makes a strong case for clinical euthanasia (not 100% srs) if the gov't wants to provide healthcare, make [bleep] mental healthcare for all the ones were booting on the street and letting twist in the wind, theres gonna be a lot of them doing this kinda stuff, they're not to far off a damn zombie.
They absolutely could have. The crazies are picking spots where guns are not allowed and these people cant defend themselves. 2 revolvers would have done the same thing. It takes the cops a while to get there. Enough time to load one while using the other. Guns are NOT the problem. I said it before we are doomed because of gun owners like you.

I'm the father of two,and the grandfather of three.I'm sorry for all the victims of this tragedy,but more gun laws and giving up our guns is not going to solve anything.I will not give up my rights and liberties,not even by a half inch.I certainly won't give in and let them take my means of protecting my family and myself.

So in your eyes the fix is to take my rights away. Not deal with the nut jobs that are causing the problems. Lets turn all our guns in because thats what the end goal is. That is what the libs want, they are just using this to get their way. Think a little.
Originally Posted by garyh9900

During the Columbine shooting Eric Harris used a pump action shotgun 25 times...
Thats impossible, someone would have disarmed him after the first 5 shots.

If you aren't trying to stay ahead of the ball by the time it is here its too late. They aren't going to give us a f ing vote on this. Jerk your head out of that dark place.
My point is we gun owners should take the lead and pre-empt the left before they do to us what they did in the last election. I am putting my thoughts on this forum for debate. As a gun owner and father/grandfather I am willing to give up the 30 round magazines if it might save even 1 life down the road. No one can say for certain if it will or won't though.

Some kind of new legislation is almost certain and I for one want to prevent a total ban on all semi-auto weapons. I also would like to to never see another Newtown, Columbine, Ft.Hood, VT, or Aurora.

Go to a gun store on a busy day and look at some of the people in there looking at pistols and black guns and it's scary! There are some weird folks in this world that shouldn't have guns of any kind.
My point is we gun owners should take the lead and pre-empt the left before they do to us what they did in the last election. I am putting my thoughts on this forum for debate. As a gun owner and father/grandfather I am willing to give up the 30 round magazines if it might save even 1 life down the road. No one can say for certain if it will or won't though.

Some kind of new legislation is almost certain and I for one want to prevent a total ban on all semi-auto weapons. I also would like to to never see another Newtown, Columbine, Ft.Hood, VT, or Aurora.

Go to a gun store on a busy day and look at some of the people in there looking at pistols and black guns and it's scary! There are some weird folks in this world that shouldn't have guns of any kind.
So from the way someone looks, they should not be allowed to own a gun? I'm sorry my friend, your mind has been infected!
I for one am not willing to give up on my rights. The left is the "camels nose under the tent". Fact of the matter is that evil people stalk our world and we are the responsible ones to stop them. If you want to ensure the safety of our children then we need to stand an armed guard over them, not stand back, ringing our hands.
Originally Posted by gunchamp
They absolutely could have. The crazies are picking spots where guns are not allowed and these people cant defend themselves. 2 revolvers would have done the same thing. It takes the cops a while to get there. Enough time to load one while using the other. Guns are NOT the problem. I said it before we are doomed because of gun owners like you.

There is no way you can reload a revolver and maintain focus in that environment and do the same damage. I think he would have turned the gun on himself much sooner if it had been a reviver or low capacity mag.

If giving up all my guns would prevent another gun murder of any kind from ever occurring I would say come and get them but you and I both know that will never happen, bad people do bad things and it's been going on since Cain and Abel. As far as your being willing to live with giving up 30 round mags that's like telling a lion to go ahead and eat your arm in the hopes he doesn't eat you completely. We can't give an inch to the libs on this because they will use it to take a mile and then some.

Mister,you've lost your frickin' mind!You think folks are gonna give up their God given rights just because YOU don't like the way somebody LOOKS!You need to get a grip,I think you are nothing but a troll.And yes I do question your being a pro-gun guy!Give me a break.

There is no way you can reload a revolver and maintain focus in that environment and do the same damage. I think he would have turned the gun on himself much sooner if it had been a reviver or low capacity mag.

I'll do you one better. Just think how long it would take to reload a BP handgun. Imagine the inability to maintain focus while doing that.

Your arguments are foolish beyond my ability to put to written word.

I think you are a [bleep] fool. Of the most dangerous kind.

Kind of yes. The gun store by me which is less than hour from DC regularly declines to sell to people because it doesn't seem "right" to them. They have subjective discretion and aren't scared to use it.

So from the way someone looks, they should not be allowed to own a gun? I'm sorry my friend, your mind has been infected!
"Registration of all firearms"

This the first strp to confiscation.
Ain't that the truth.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

+1
With all due respect, you know jack sh%t about what someone is capable of. I don't mean to belittle you sir but think with your mind and not your heart.

[Linked Image]
Nice intelligent reply. Very impressed here.

Anyone could have done this with a 1911 manufactured in 1911. Are you advocating handing in all semi-auto handguns?

Gee I wonder what the Mexicans will be smuggling into the U.S after we legalize pot? So now when the Mexicans come across the border with semi-autos, the ranchers down there can fight back with lever actions?
Nice intelligent reply. Very impressed here.

I don't give a damn whether you are impressed or not. Point is you know not of what you speak.

If I were worried about "impressing" anybody on the 'net I'd get a set of nunchucks and play pingpong. But I'm not, so I won't.

Capacity or lack thereof of any given weapon is not the issue, not should it be allowed to be made the issue. The problem is far greater, and not as easily solved as by saying "I don't know why anybody needs more than a .38".........
There Are Only Three Kinds of People: Wolves, Sheep and Sheep Dogs.

We need Sheep dogs. Not more laws. The laws have failed.
I am not sure why people think I am advocating turning anything in. I am NOT. I own more guns than probably most people that are attacking me. What is the problem with gun owners having an open discussion on their thoughts on a gun forum? Why does everything here have to descend into personal attacks when opposite or contrarian views are expressed?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

[Linked Image]
This
I am not sure why people think I am advocating turning anything in. I am NOT. I own more guns than probably most people that are attacking me. What is the problem with gun owners having an open discussion on their thoughts on a gun forum? Why does everything here have to descend into personal attacks when opposite or contrarian views are expressed?
Certain opinions are beyond the pale among freedom loving people, and yours is one of them. You're free to have them, but don't expect to be well received here for them.
Maybe because the 2nd is the most important right we have as a people. Lose it and everything else is lost!
Passioned fighting amongst ourselves in the immediate aftermath of a this tragedy is unproductive and futile.

It's wiser to direct our fight to our gun lobbies and representatives as we await Feinstein's Bill in January.

Nothing is going to occur legislatively before then.

Guns are not the issue.

The worst school massacre in US history happened in 1927 , 45 dead , 58 injured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Now , fast foreward to the present day.
Most if not all of the school shooters are either on or withdrawing from psychiatric pharmaceuticals , Paxil , Prozac , Ritalin , etc. We are pumping these kids full of drugs.

Lack of a gun is not going to stop them.

Most of the perps are above average intelligence , they can go to the grocery store or Wal Mart & get the stuff to build a bomb. Instructions are on the internet.

The Colorado shooters had bombs , they were crude & didn't go off but they were on that track.

The Batman movie shooter had his apartment booby trapped with more sophisticated bombs that would have worked had not the police been tipped off. And it took the police days to defuse that situation.

As long as these kids keep getting pumped full of those DRUGS they will find a way to cause mayhem , guns or not.

It's the drugs not the guns.

Mike
Originally Posted by Plinker
There Are Only Three Kinds of People: Wolves, Sheep and Sheep Dogs.

We need Sheep dogs. Not more laws. The laws have failed.

Colonel Grossman is right.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Anyone could have done this with a 1911 manufactured in 1911. Are you advocating handing in all semi-auto handguns?

Gee I wonder what the Mexicans will be smuggling into the U.S after we legalize pot? So now when the Mexicans come across the border with semi-autos, the ranchers down there can fight back with lever actions?
Thank you ,you know this is something else the BIG HEARTED thinking folks from the big cities don't THINK about...Everybody doesn't live within spitting distance of a Cop Shop.When AMERICA'S guns are BANNED that means EVERY BODY,and people in remote areas ares will be screwed .Wake up people.I don't know who this guy is, but he ain't right. confused
Because in your posts you advocate magazine restrictions.

And you claim some magical insight into what it would have taken to trigger some kind of emotional awakening that would stop one of these POS's.

Post your credentials as a psychiatrist with a record of dealing with this type of person and I'll take you seriously.

Barring that? You're just one of many, many jackasses spewing ideas as they pop into your head that by somehow restricting law-abiding American citizens you will save us from ourselves and the forces of evil.

You don't own more than me, I own everything from .22 handguns to .458 Lott bolt guns and a .470 NE double and everything in between including ARs, AKs, vz.58s, Sig 556s, etc and I'm not giving any of them up. If you're not advocating giving in then what are you advocating? You've already said you are fine with giving up hi-cap mags and your implying it is fine to give up ARs and other military style semi-autos in the hopes of avoiding a total ban on semi-autos. Sounds like your okay with me giving up my ARs and AKs so you can keep your Browning Hi-Power. I'm not okay with that.

Your logic is flawed and your living in a fantasy world. Justify your logic to yourself anyway you want, but what your trying to convey is pure BS. It does not matter if you reload twice, or 5 times.

It's like taking away everyone's cars because of drunk drivers, without addressing the real problem of alcohol abuse and personal responsibility. Same logic, but the liberals own cars which would affect then, so no way in hell is that going to happen.

When you advocate the watering down of rights, people can get very teste, such as is happening right now with the pressure that is about to come
Our problem isn't the weapon used but the person. The 2A was established to prevent far more destruction than the terrrible tragedy in CT. The last centrury saw 200 million killed by their govts.

There is a reason we have thus had a relatively benign govt. Does anyone thing it is just coincidence that the largest grab for control of the American people will now I predict, have the greatest fight of our life to protect the 2A?

Our govt has no concern for the 22 children killed. They have no care for those lost in Bengazi. Obama has no concern for the innocent children he voted to kill by abortion.

Anyone who goes along for "reasonable" gun laws should know that they will be playing into the hands of those like Stalin and Hitler who wanted "reasonable" gun laws. Don't believe it?

Also you will not save one child's life.

Here is a about the Bath School killlings. Also look at the Happyland Fire that killed 87 people with a $1 of gas.

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, and four other adults; at least 58 people were injured. The perpetrator first killed his wife, and committed suicide with his last explosion. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7�14 years of age[1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.

The bomber was the school board treasurer Andrew Kehoe, 55, who was angry after being defeated in the spring 1926 election for township clerk. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after that public defeat; he had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings. For much of the next year, a neighbor noticed Kehoe had stopped working on his farm and thought he might be planning suicide. During that period, Kehoe carried out steps in his plan to destroy the school and his farm by purchasing and hiding explosives.

Kehoe's wife was ill with tuberculosis and he had stopped making mortgage payments; he was under pressure for foreclosure. Some time between May 16 and the morning of May 18, 1927, Kehoe murdered his wife by hitting her on the head. On the morning of May 18 about 8:45, he exploded incendiary devices in his house and farm buildings, setting them on fire and destroying them.

Almost simultaneously, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing many schoolchildren. Kehoe had used a timed detonator to ignite dynamite and hundreds of pounds of incendiary pyrotol, which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months. As rescuers gathered at the school, Kehoe drove up, stopped, and used a rifle to detonate dynamite inside his shrapnel-filled truck, killing himself, the school superintendent, and several others nearby, as well as injuring more bystanders. During rescue efforts at the school, searchers discovered an additional 500 pounds (230 kg) of unexploded dynamite and pyrotol planted throughout the basement of the south wing. Kehoe had apparently intended to blow up and destroy the whole school
I understand. That is why I posted my thoughts for discussion. NO WHERE did I advocate any sort of ban on anything. As I stated I own a Rec 7 and hi power that I would never give up. I expected some flames but questioning my 2nd amendment commitment and worse is a bit too much.

Posting a thought that may be contrary to the general thinking here elicits a response that reminds me of the way the left attacked any conservative thinking in the last election.

Did I mention I am an NRA member and Staunch conservative? Sorry I started this discussion .
Good post
I understand. That is why I posted my thoughts for discussion. NO WHERE did I advocate any sort of ban on anything. As I stated I own a Rec 7 and hi power that I would never give up. I expected some flames but questioning my 2nd amendment commitment and worse is a bit too much.

Posting a thought that may be contrary to the general thinking here elicits a response that reminds me of the way the left attacked any conservative thinking in the last election.

Did I mention I am an NRA member and Staunch conservative? Sorry I started this discussion .

Go back and read your posts. IF in fact you are not FOS you should be able to tell why you got repudiated so strongly. Otherwise, go play your victim card somewhere else. Huffpo? Demo underground?
You were talking about us giving up something to get something,apparently.I'm not giving up anything.And I won't just give in to anything.The Constitution is not to be compromised for any reason.There are a lots of folks on here that shed blood and watch friends die for this Constitution,and for what ever reason you were trying to pick at us for was wrong.We ain't giving any compromise.
And nobody mentioned the 22 children that were attacked by a knife wielder in China?
An assault knife ban will be next.
Oh, I forgot, England already does that! (And what is the crime rate there?)

Myron
Victim card? Not sure what you mean there. The only thing I questioned is high capacity mags. And I do mean "question". I have not advocated anything in my posts. Can't fool you friend. How did you know I am with the Huffington Post? Damn, thought I had made a solid infiltration.
Originally Posted by speedsixman
And nobody mentioned the 22 children that were attacked by a knife wielder in China?
An assault knife ban will be next.
Oh, I forgot, England already does that! (And what is the crime rate there?)

Myron

A friend of mine from grad school did a summer internship in London several years ago. He hadn't been there a week before 3 guys broke into his apartment while he was home and beat the hell out of him and stole everything he had. They don't worry at all about doing home invasions while people are home because they know everyone has been disarmed.
Free men cannot be disarmed,the reason for 2nd ADM. Despite what the sheep are trying to say it is not about hunting or shooting, it is about a person being able to defend against a repressive governing rule. That means the tools of the day.
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE

If you aren't trying to stay ahead of the ball by the time it is here its too late. They aren't going to give us a f ing vote on this. Jerk your head out of that dark place.

Calling BS on the release posted by the OP hardly indicates a misunderstanding of the coming battle. If runaway alarmism over the pending fight prevents you from seeing the difference -- and causes you to fling knee-jerk insults at people who stand firmly in defense of the 2nd Amendment -- perhaps yours is the head that's misplaced.
Free men cannot be disarmed,the reason for 2nd ADM. Despite what the sheep are trying to say it is not about hunting or shooting, it is about a person being able to defend against a repressive governing rule. That means the tools of the day.

100% correct. The tools of the day then were flintlocks and now it is ARs. Great point.
300,000,000 plus people and a handful of nuts in our country. The act was terrible and I feel for those victims and families. But, the bottom line is part of the price for the freedoms we enjoy is that we cannot protect everyone all of the time. Though traggic, the event would have happened by some means even if no firearms of any kind were available. As stated earlier:

The right to keep and bear arms was meant to afford the ability to protect from government tyranny.

Giving one inch of our rights is the precursor to giving a mile.

And, finally (not really as there are so many other logical and relevant facts), we have to keep the pressure on politicians and do so in a respectful manner as arguing with the antis will be to no avail as reason doesn't come into play (unfortunately).

May God bless the people because the government/politicians don't give one hoot in he!! about them.

Okay enough rant as I usually don't comment but if we don't take a stand we're doomed and it may already be too late.

As Mark Twain said, "Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool rather than open it and prove you are."
The fact that the shooter stole the firearms he used to destroy so many lives seems to have been forgotten. Ban this type of firearm, ban that mag cap, doesnt make sense. Stable or unstable, this individul was a criminal from the moment he concieved of this act let alone acted upon it. Law abiding gun owners do need to be part of the discussion/solution for sure otherwise you will lose out. I don't know the answer to the problem but: Don't let them take any of your 2A Rights away.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

+1 BDR's post just amounts to another pooosy self-identifying. It's like, a public service.

Another fool.
Magazine capacity has as much to do with the presence of crazy people as my shoe size. The idea that somewhat fewer dead people in a situation such as this is somehow a solution is pathetic. What about all of the existing semi auto firearms out there? I pity those tasked with confiscating them if that's were you're headed. Giving an inch WILL result in them taking a mile. NO gun control law would have changed what happened with the possible exception of one that got rid of "gun free" zones. He stole the damn guns you moron!!! No law could have changed what happened!!! Don't be such a weak kneed sheep. This chit isn't rocket science...
Im sure someone has already said this by now... but the first assault weapons ban was in effect during Columbine. It really stopped that one in its tracks...

Though you yourself want no ban, your capitulation is an enabler. The ones who DO want a ban (and always have - LONG before this incident) capitalize on individuals who give in even a bit. Moderation in our resolve will lead to incrementalism, and we WILL lose our right in that way.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoiler

A friend of mine from grad school did a summer internship in London several years ago. He hadn't been there a week before 3 guys broke into his apartment while he was home and beat the hell out of him and stole everything he had. They don't worry at all about doing home invasions while people are home because they know everyone has been disarmed.
Exactly. They've become sheep for the sheering.
Well said, which is the AR-15 platform carbine (and comparable arms) with standard capacity mags.
Originally Posted by Craigster

As Mark Twain said, "Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool rather than open it and eliminate any doubt."
Fixed it.
Originally Posted by benchman
Though you yourself want no ban, your capitulation is an enabler. The ones who DO want a ban (and always have - LONG before this incident) capitalize on individuals who give in even a bit. Moderation in our resolve will lead to incrementalism, and we WILL lose our right in that way.
Bingo!

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1024251

any questions
Originally Posted by Seminole39

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1024251

any questions
yeah: Is that how they duck hunt in Bybee?

You are not giving up your firearms but you want firearm owners like us to be supportive of an AWB or similar because YOU believe WE should do what YOU think is the right thing to do...BS
I'm sure someone else said it... but brooksrange and jeffO, you get what you voted for....
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Craigster

As Mark Twain said, "Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool rather than open it and eliminate any doubt."
Fixed it.

Thank you.

Screw you.

You're misguided and a treasonous traitor. You're not a second amendment supporter.
Sir, I think you'd do yourself well to get a little more experience with shotguns and revolvers. I'd suggest attending a 3 gun match or an IPSC/USPA match.

Revolvers, with speed clips (available everywhere) can be loaded almost as fast and easy as a magazine swap on a Glock.

Jerry Miclick (the worlds leading competition shooter) actually prefers revolvers.

You should see what can be done with a shotgun in these events as well.

There is no question that the exact same carnage could have been done with revolvers and shotguns...
Where did that Bushmaster come from? Let me see him.

As a father of 4 and grandfather of a 5,4 and 3 year old I must now ask myself at what point must we say that the safety of the public is less important than the rights of an individual?
Are you really that stupid????
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." I am truly concerned that the tipping point grows near. I WON'T obey a law that restricts my access to ammunition, infringes on my privacy, taxes my firearms, bans certain magazines, etc. I would hope that I'm not alone in this, but if I am, I am. Would we be looking at banning alcohol if all 1300 kids under the age of 16 who died last year in alcohol related driving accidents had died on one day?? Knee jerk reactions don't make good policy, particularly where our Constitution is concerned.
Originally Posted by ranger1
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." I am truly concerned that the tipping point grows near. I WON'T obey a law that restricts my access to ammunition, infringes on my privacy, taxes my firearms, bans certain magazines, etc. I would hope that I'm not alone in this, but if I am, I am. Would we be looking at banning alcohol if all 1300 kids under the age of 16 who died last year in alcohol related driving accidents had died on one day?? Knee jerk reactions don't make good policy, particularly where our Constitution is concerned.

This is what the NRA needs to spend our money on, getting factual information out across the country, on the radio, on TV at dinner time, during NFL Sunday, on billboards...just make use of the all the damn money they take in.

Don't you work in a gun free zone?

Dink
This is not a reaction to the shooting. This is merely the taking advantage of the shooting to advance their overarching agenda, i.e., one-world totalitarian authoritarianism. They cannot fully achieve that agenda while the American population remains armed.
DINK - I work in rural MT at a non-union public school. Common sense still exists here.
;-{>8
This is going to be bad...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

• Firearms owners tests
  • Medical examinations

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

• Firearms owners tests
  • Medical examinations
[/quote]

Are you kidding me?
© 24hourcampfire