-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sir, I think you'd do yourself well to get a little more experience with shotguns and revolvers. I'd suggest attending a 3 gun match or an IPSC/USPA match.

Revolvers, with speed clips (available everywhere) can be loaded almost as fast and easy as a magazine swap on a Glock.

Jerry Miclick (the worlds leading competition shooter) actually prefers revolvers.

You should see what can be done with a shotgun in these events as well.

There is no question that the exact same carnage could have been done with revolvers and shotguns...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Where did that Bushmaster come from? Let me see him.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by blackdogsrule
As the owner of over 30 guns including a Barrett Rec 7 and Browning Hi Power 9 mm I ask this question. Would these recent massacres been possible with revolvers and regular semi auto hunting rifles? Yes they would but I think with much less carnage because the shooter would have to reload thus giving someone the opportunity to disarm or at least interfere in the shootings.

As a father of 4 and grandfather of a 5,4 and 3 year old I must now ask myself at what point must we say that the safety of the public is less important than the rights of an individual?
Are you really that stupid????

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." I am truly concerned that the tipping point grows near. I WON'T obey a law that restricts my access to ammunition, infringes on my privacy, taxes my firearms, bans certain magazines, etc. I would hope that I'm not alone in this, but if I am, I am. Would we be looking at banning alcohol if all 1300 kids under the age of 16 who died last year in alcohol related driving accidents had died on one day?? Knee jerk reactions don't make good policy, particularly where our Constitution is concerned.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ranger1
"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." I am truly concerned that the tipping point grows near. I WON'T obey a law that restricts my access to ammunition, infringes on my privacy, taxes my firearms, bans certain magazines, etc. I would hope that I'm not alone in this, but if I am, I am. Would we be looking at banning alcohol if all 1300 kids under the age of 16 who died last year in alcohol related driving accidents had died on one day?? Knee jerk reactions don't make good policy, particularly where our Constitution is concerned.

This is what the NRA needs to spend our money on, getting factual information out across the country, on the radio, on TV at dinner time, during NFL Sunday, on billboards...just make use of the all the damn money they take in.

Dave

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Don't you work in a gun free zone?

Dink

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
This is not a reaction to the shooting. This is merely the taking advantage of the shooting to advance their overarching agenda, i.e., one-world totalitarian authoritarianism. They cannot fully achieve that agenda while the American population remains armed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DINK - I work in rural MT at a non-union public school. Common sense still exists here.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is going to be bad...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C. - 17 Dec 2012: Today a team of powerful Senators and Congresspeople have already started to write the "Newtown Bill" against assault weapons and suggested Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn. has opened up the issue to re-invigorate the strictest gun laws the U.S. has ever seen.

The Proposed Bill on assault weapons looks to be voted into law regardelss of a fear of destroying Second Amendment rights. The joint team said last Friday's shooting changed all that. "The massacre of our children has changed America. We need to act and remove deadly high-power and high-capacity assault weapons from citizens who may use them against us!" .

The issue is apparently one of Freedom, saying, "We don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting industry that goes out with an assault rifle and uses 30 rounds in a high-power magazine to go get meat. We need to stop these people."

Now that President Obama has won his 2012 re-election race, he will address this issue and condider the new "Newtown Bill" on assault weapons in the wake of the shooting.

The proposed Bill, aims at making all firearms owners accountable like vehicle drivers:

• Registration of all firearms
  • Mandatory firearms insurance
  • Reinstating the assault weapons ban
  • Firearms owners tests
  • Medical examinations
  • Ban on all high-power ammunition that can be used in assault weapons

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Washington, D.C. - 17 Dec 2012: Today a team of powerful Senators and Congresspeople have already started to write the "Newtown Bill" against assault weapons and suggested Friday's shooting in Newtown, Conn. has opened up the issue to re-invigorate the strictest gun laws the U.S. has ever seen.

The Proposed Bill on assault weapons looks to be voted into law regardelss of a fear of destroying Second Amendment rights. The joint team said last Friday's shooting changed all that. "The massacre of our children has changed America. We need to act and remove deadly high-power and high-capacity assault weapons from citizens who may use them against us!" .

The issue is apparently one of Freedom, saying, "We don't know anyone in the sporting or hunting industry that goes out with an assault rifle and uses 30 rounds in a high-power magazine to go get meat. We need to stop these people."

Now that President Obama has won his 2012 re-election race, he will address this issue and condider the new "Newtown Bill" on assault weapons in the wake of the shooting.

The proposed Bill, aims at making all firearms owners accountable like vehicle drivers:

• Registration of all firearms
  • Mandatory firearms insurance
  • Reinstating the assault weapons ban
  • Firearms owners tests
  • Medical examinations
  • Ban on all high-power ammunition that can be used in assault weapons
[/quote]

Monster Whitetails are Awesome!!!
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by gunswizard
You AR/Assault rifle afficianados brought this to pass. No sympathy here when you have to turn those types of weapons in.

Are you kidding me?

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,839 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,798
Posts18,477,446
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.