Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by blackdogsrule
I am not sure why people think I am advocating turning anything in. I am NOT. I own more guns than probably most people that are attacking me. What is the problem with gun owners having an open discussion on their thoughts on a gun forum? Why does everything here have to descend into personal attacks when opposite or contrarian views are expressed?
Certain opinions are beyond the pale among freedom loving people, and yours is one of them. You're free to have them, but don't expect to be well received here for them.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
I am not sure why people think I am advocating turning anything in. I am NOT. I own more guns than probably most people that are attacking me. What is the problem with gun owners having an open discussion on their thoughts on a gun forum? Why does everything here have to descend into personal attacks when opposite or contrarian views are expressed?
Maybe because the 2nd is the most important right we have as a people. Lose it and everything else is lost!

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Passioned fighting amongst ourselves in the immediate aftermath of a this tragedy is unproductive and futile.

It's wiser to direct our fight to our gun lobbies and representatives as we await Feinstein's Bill in January.

Nothing is going to occur legislatively before then.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guns are not the issue.

The worst school massacre in US history happened in 1927 , 45 dead , 58 injured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

Now , fast foreward to the present day.
Most if not all of the school shooters are either on or withdrawing from psychiatric pharmaceuticals , Paxil , Prozac , Ritalin , etc. We are pumping these kids full of drugs.

Lack of a gun is not going to stop them.

Most of the perps are above average intelligence , they can go to the grocery store or Wal Mart & get the stuff to build a bomb. Instructions are on the internet.

The Colorado shooters had bombs , they were crude & didn't go off but they were on that track.

The Batman movie shooter had his apartment booby trapped with more sophisticated bombs that would have worked had not the police been tipped off. And it took the police days to defuse that situation.

As long as these kids keep getting pumped full of those DRUGS they will find a way to cause mayhem , guns or not.

It's the drugs not the guns.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Plinker
There Are Only Three Kinds of People: Wolves, Sheep and Sheep Dogs.

We need Sheep dogs. Not more laws. The laws have failed.

Colonel Grossman is right.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Not giving 'em up here either. It's just not Newtown though. We have Columbine, VT, Aurora. This kind of carnage could't have happened with revolvers. I am throwing these thoughts out on a pro shooting forum for thought. Don't even try to question my motives or credentials as a pro gun gun conservative.

Anyone could have done this with a 1911 manufactured in 1911. Are you advocating handing in all semi-auto handguns?

Gee I wonder what the Mexicans will be smuggling into the U.S after we legalize pot? So now when the Mexicans come across the border with semi-autos, the ranchers down there can fight back with lever actions?
Thank you ,you know this is something else the BIG HEARTED thinking folks from the big cities don't THINK about...Everybody doesn't live within spitting distance of a Cop Shop.When AMERICA'S guns are BANNED that means EVERY BODY,and people in remote areas ares will be screwed .Wake up people.I don't know who this guy is, but he ain't right. confused

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Because in your posts you advocate magazine restrictions.

And you claim some magical insight into what it would have taken to trigger some kind of emotional awakening that would stop one of these POS's.

Post your credentials as a psychiatrist with a record of dealing with this type of person and I'll take you seriously.

Barring that? You're just one of many, many jackasses spewing ideas as they pop into your head that by somehow restricting law-abiding American citizens you will save us from ourselves and the forces of evil.

MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

You don't own more than me, I own everything from .22 handguns to .458 Lott bolt guns and a .470 NE double and everything in between including ARs, AKs, vz.58s, Sig 556s, etc and I'm not giving any of them up. If you're not advocating giving in then what are you advocating? You've already said you are fine with giving up hi-cap mags and your implying it is fine to give up ARs and other military style semi-autos in the hopes of avoiding a total ban on semi-autos. Sounds like your okay with me giving up my ARs and AKs so you can keep your Browning Hi-Power. I'm not okay with that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Not giving 'em up here either. It's just not Newtown though. We have Columbine, VT, Aurora. This kind of carnage could't have happened with revolvers. I am throwing these thoughts out on a pro shooting forum for thought. Don't even try to question my motives or credentials as a pro gun gun conservative.
They absolutely could have. The crazies are picking spots where guns are not allowed and these people cant defend themselves. 2 revolvers would have done the same thing. It takes the cops a while to get there. Enough time to load one while using the other. Guns are NOT the problem. I said it before we are doomed because of gun owners like you.

There is no way you can reload a revolver and maintain focus in that environment and do the same damage. I think he would have turned the gun on himself much sooner if it had been a reviver or low capacity mag.

Your logic is flawed and your living in a fantasy world. Justify your logic to yourself anyway you want, but what your trying to convey is pure BS. It does not matter if you reload twice, or 5 times.

It's like taking away everyone's cars because of drunk drivers, without addressing the real problem of alcohol abuse and personal responsibility. Same logic, but the liberals own cars which would affect then, so no way in hell is that going to happen.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
When you advocate the watering down of rights, people can get very teste, such as is happening right now with the pressure that is about to come

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Our problem isn't the weapon used but the person. The 2A was established to prevent far more destruction than the terrrible tragedy in CT. The last centrury saw 200 million killed by their govts.

There is a reason we have thus had a relatively benign govt. Does anyone thing it is just coincidence that the largest grab for control of the American people will now I predict, have the greatest fight of our life to protect the 2A?

Our govt has no concern for the 22 children killed. They have no care for those lost in Bengazi. Obama has no concern for the innocent children he voted to kill by abortion.

Anyone who goes along for "reasonable" gun laws should know that they will be playing into the hands of those like Stalin and Hitler who wanted "reasonable" gun laws. Don't believe it?

Also you will not save one child's life.

Here is a about the Bath School killlings. Also look at the Happyland Fire that killed 87 people with a $1 of gas.

The Bath School disaster is the name given to three bombings in Bath Township, Michigan, on May 18, 1927, which killed 38 elementary school children, two teachers, and four other adults; at least 58 people were injured. The perpetrator first killed his wife, and committed suicide with his last explosion. Most of the victims were children in the second to sixth grades (7�14 years of age[1]) attending the Bath Consolidated School. Their deaths constitute the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.

The bomber was the school board treasurer Andrew Kehoe, 55, who was angry after being defeated in the spring 1926 election for township clerk. He was thought to have planned his "murderous revenge" after that public defeat; he had a reputation for difficulty on the school board and in personal dealings. For much of the next year, a neighbor noticed Kehoe had stopped working on his farm and thought he might be planning suicide. During that period, Kehoe carried out steps in his plan to destroy the school and his farm by purchasing and hiding explosives.

Kehoe's wife was ill with tuberculosis and he had stopped making mortgage payments; he was under pressure for foreclosure. Some time between May 16 and the morning of May 18, 1927, Kehoe murdered his wife by hitting her on the head. On the morning of May 18 about 8:45, he exploded incendiary devices in his house and farm buildings, setting them on fire and destroying them.

Almost simultaneously, an explosion devastated the north wing of the school building, killing many schoolchildren. Kehoe had used a timed detonator to ignite dynamite and hundreds of pounds of incendiary pyrotol, which he had secretly planted inside the school over the course of many months. As rescuers gathered at the school, Kehoe drove up, stopped, and used a rifle to detonate dynamite inside his shrapnel-filled truck, killing himself, the school superintendent, and several others nearby, as well as injuring more bystanders. During rescue efforts at the school, searchers discovered an additional 500 pounds (230 kg) of unexploded dynamite and pyrotol planted throughout the basement of the south wing. Kehoe had apparently intended to blow up and destroy the whole school

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I understand. That is why I posted my thoughts for discussion. NO WHERE did I advocate any sort of ban on anything. As I stated I own a Rec 7 and hi power that I would never give up. I expected some flames but questioning my 2nd amendment commitment and worse is a bit too much.

Posting a thought that may be contrary to the general thinking here elicits a response that reminds me of the way the left attacked any conservative thinking in the last election.

Did I mention I am an NRA member and Staunch conservative? Sorry I started this discussion .

Montani Semper Liberi

"Mountaineers Are Always Free"

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good post

Montani Semper Liberi

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I understand. That is why I posted my thoughts for discussion. NO WHERE did I advocate any sort of ban on anything. As I stated I own a Rec 7 and hi power that I would never give up. I expected some flames but questioning my 2nd amendment commitment and worse is a bit too much.

Posting a thought that may be contrary to the general thinking here elicits a response that reminds me of the way the left attacked any conservative thinking in the last election.

Did I mention I am an NRA member and Staunch conservative? Sorry I started this discussion .

Go back and read your posts. IF in fact you are not FOS you should be able to tell why you got repudiated so strongly. Otherwise, go play your victim card somewhere else. Huffpo? Demo underground?

MAGA
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You were talking about us giving up something to get something,apparently.I'm not giving up anything.And I won't just give in to anything.The Constitution is not to be compromised for any reason.There are a lots of folks on here that shed blood and watch friends die for this Constitution,and for what ever reason you were trying to pick at us for was wrong.We ain't giving any compromise.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And nobody mentioned the 22 children that were attacked by a knife wielder in China?
An assault knife ban will be next.
Oh, I forgot, England already does that! (And what is the crime rate there?)

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Victim card? Not sure what you mean there. The only thing I questioned is high capacity mags. And I do mean "question". I have not advocated anything in my posts. Can't fool you friend. How did you know I am with the Huffington Post? Damn, thought I had made a solid infiltration.

Montani Semper Liberi

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by speedsixman
And nobody mentioned the 22 children that were attacked by a knife wielder in China?
An assault knife ban will be next.
Oh, I forgot, England already does that! (And what is the crime rate there?)

Myron

A friend of mine from grad school did a summer internship in London several years ago. He hadn't been there a week before 3 guys broke into his apartment while he was home and beat the hell out of him and stole everything he had. They don't worry at all about doing home invasions while people are home because they know everyone has been disarmed.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Free men cannot be disarmed,the reason for 2nd ADM. Despite what the sheep are trying to say it is not about hunting or shooting, it is about a person being able to defend against a repressive governing rule. That means the tools of the day.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
I call BS on the release. Of course, at the 'Fire, the sky is always falling...

If you aren't trying to stay ahead of the ball by the time it is here its too late. They aren't going to give us a f ing vote on this. Jerk your head out of that dark place.

Calling BS on the release posted by the OP hardly indicates a misunderstanding of the coming battle. If runaway alarmism over the pending fight prevents you from seeing the difference -- and causes you to fling knee-jerk insults at people who stand firmly in defense of the 2nd Amendment -- perhaps yours is the head that's misplaced.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1lesfox, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,816
Posts18,516,649
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.