Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by blanket
Free men cannot be disarmed,the reason for 2nd ADM. Despite what the sheep are trying to say it is not about hunting or shooting, it is about a person being able to defend against a repressive governing rule. That means the tools of the day.

100% correct. The tools of the day then were flintlocks and now it is ARs. Great point.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
300,000,000 plus people and a handful of nuts in our country. The act was terrible and I feel for those victims and families. But, the bottom line is part of the price for the freedoms we enjoy is that we cannot protect everyone all of the time. Though traggic, the event would have happened by some means even if no firearms of any kind were available. As stated earlier:

The right to keep and bear arms was meant to afford the ability to protect from government tyranny.

Giving one inch of our rights is the precursor to giving a mile.

And, finally (not really as there are so many other logical and relevant facts), we have to keep the pressure on politicians and do so in a respectful manner as arguing with the antis will be to no avail as reason doesn't come into play (unfortunately).

May God bless the people because the government/politicians don't give one hoot in he!! about them.

Okay enough rant as I usually don't comment but if we don't take a stand we're doomed and it may already be too late.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by gunswizard
You AR/Assault rifle afficianados brought this to pass. No sympathy here when you have to turn those types of weapons in.

As Mark Twain said, "Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool rather than open it and prove you are."

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The fact that the shooter stole the firearms he used to destroy so many lives seems to have been forgotten. Ban this type of firearm, ban that mag cap, doesnt make sense. Stable or unstable, this individul was a criminal from the moment he concieved of this act let alone acted upon it. Law abiding gun owners do need to be part of the discussion/solution for sure otherwise you will lose out. I don't know the answer to the problem but: Don't let them take any of your 2A Rights away.

Last edited by troutfly; 12/17/12. Reason: gr
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by blackdogsrule
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Not giving 'em up here either. It's just not Newtown though. We have Columbine, VT, Aurora. This kind of carnage could't have happened with revolvers. I am throwing these thoughts out on a pro shooting forum for thought. Don't even try to question my motives or credentials as a pro gun gun conservative.
They absolutely could have. The crazies are picking spots where guns are not allowed and these people cant defend themselves. 2 revolvers would have done the same thing. It takes the cops a while to get there. Enough time to load one while using the other. Guns are NOT the problem. I said it before we are doomed because of gun owners like you.

There is no way you can reload a revolver and maintain focus in that environment and do the same damage. I think he would have turned the gun on himself much sooner if it had been a reviver or low capacity mag.

I think you are a [bleep] fool. Of the most dangerous kind.
+1 BDR's post just amounts to another pooosy self-identifying. It's like, a public service.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
As the owner of over 30 guns including a Barrett Rec 7 and Browning Hi Power 9 mm I ask this question. Would these recent massacres been possible with revolvers and regular semi auto hunting rifles? Yes they would but I think with much less carnage because the shooter would have to reload thus giving someone the opportunity to disarm or at least interfere in the shootings.

As a father of 4 and grandfather of a 5,4 and 3 year old I must now ask myself at what point must we say that the safety of the public is less important than the rights of an individual? It is too easy for psychopaths to acquire high capacity semi-autos and inflict horrendous casualties.

Let the flames begin but as responsible gun owners I feel we must take the lead on this or else suffer the consequences.

Another fool.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Magazine capacity has as much to do with the presence of crazy people as my shoe size. The idea that somewhat fewer dead people in a situation such as this is somehow a solution is pathetic. What about all of the existing semi auto firearms out there? I pity those tasked with confiscating them if that's were you're headed. Giving an inch WILL result in them taking a mile. NO gun control law would have changed what happened with the possible exception of one that got rid of "gun free" zones. He stole the damn guns you moron!!! No law could have changed what happened!!! Don't be such a weak kneed sheep. This chit isn't rocket science...

Last edited by ranger1; 12/17/12. Reason: Clarity
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Im sure someone has already said this by now... but the first assault weapons ban was in effect during Columbine. It really stopped that one in its tracks...

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I understand. That is why I posted my thoughts for discussion. NO WHERE did I advocate any sort of ban on anything. As I stated I own a Rec 7 and hi power that I would never give up. I expected some flames but questioning my 2nd amendment commitment and worse is a bit too much.

Posting a thought that may be contrary to the general thinking here elicits a response that reminds me of the way the left attacked any conservative thinking in the last election.

Did I mention I am an NRA member and Staunch conservative? Sorry I started this discussion .
Though you yourself want no ban, your capitulation is an enabler. The ones who DO want a ban (and always have - LONG before this incident) capitalize on individuals who give in even a bit. Moderation in our resolve will lead to incrementalism, and we WILL lose our right in that way.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoiler

A friend of mine from grad school did a summer internship in London several years ago. He hadn't been there a week before 3 guys broke into his apartment while he was home and beat the hell out of him and stole everything he had. They don't worry at all about doing home invasions while people are home because they know everyone has been disarmed.
Exactly. They've become sheep for the sheering.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by blanket
Free men cannot be disarmed,the reason for 2nd ADM. Despite what the sheep are trying to say it is not about hunting or shooting, it is about a person being able to defend against a repressive governing rule. That means the tools of the day.
Well said, which is the AR-15 platform carbine (and comparable arms) with standard capacity mags.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Craigster
You AR/Assault rifle afficianados brought this to pass. No sympathy here when you have to turn those types of weapons in.

As Mark Twain said, "Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool rather than open it and eliminate any doubt."
Fixed it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by benchman
Though you yourself want no ban, your capitulation is an enabler. The ones who DO want a ban (and always have - LONG before this incident) capitalize on individuals who give in even a bit. Moderation in our resolve will lead to incrementalism, and we WILL lose our right in that way.
Bingo!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

My 870 holds 5 rounds like all the rest. Maybe he would have used the 5th round on himself and some kids would have lived. In any event he would be fumbling with shells and not clips which would have given them time to do something if possible.

Don't mistake my motives here friend. As I said I am a father and grandfather and I am sickened beyond belief wha this and other POS have done.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1024251

any questions

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seminole39

My 870 holds 5 rounds like all the rest. Maybe he would have used the 5th round on himself and some kids would have lived. In any event he would be fumbling with shells and not clips which would have given them time to do something if possible.

Don't mistake my motives here friend. As I said I am a father and grandfather and I am sickened beyond belief wha this and other POS have done.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/6-1024251

any questions
yeah: Is that how they duck hunt in Bybee?

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not giving 'em up here either. It's just not Newtown though. We have Columbine, VT, Aurora. This kind of carnage could't have happened with revolvers. I am throwing these thoughts out on a pro shooting forum for thought. Don't even try to question my motives or credentials as a pro gun gun conservative.

You are not giving up your firearms but you want firearm owners like us to be supportive of an AWB or similar because YOU believe WE should do what YOU think is the right thing to do...BS

Dave

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I'm sure someone else said it... but brooksrange and jeffO, you get what you voted for....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Craigster

As Mark Twain said, "Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're a fool rather than open it and eliminate any doubt."
Fixed it.

Thank you.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Screw you.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My point is we gun owners should take the lead and pre-empt the left before they do to us what they did in the last election. I am putting my thoughts on this forum for debate. As a gun owner and father/grandfather I am willing to give up the 30 round magazines if it might save even 1 life down the road. No one can say for certain if it will or won't though.

Some kind of new legislation is almost certain and I for one want to prevent a total ban on all semi-auto weapons. I also would like to to never see another Newtown, Columbine, Ft.Hood, VT, or Aurora.

Go to a gun store on a busy day and look at some of the people in there looking at pistols and black guns and it's scary! There are some weird folks in this world that shouldn't have guns of any kind.

You're misguided and a treasonous traitor. You're not a second amendment supporter.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,817
Posts18,516,668
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.