Home
Friend of a friend took this wolf down between Rock Springs and Green River. That' not Castle Geyser in the background, that's Pilot Butte, a major landmark on the Pony Express, hundreds of miles south of Yellowstone. I can't post the pic from my iPad so if someone can give an assist?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=o.201409103216029&type=1&ref=nf
[Linked Image]
Thanks deerwhacker. If anybody knows this area, it's only about 20 miles from Utah and 60 miles from Colorado. Didn't this wolf read the signs?
I guess woofs dont see blue jeans as well as deers do.

wink
[Linked Image]

Congrats! I know where that is...good antelope hunting there. That is now a good wolf!
There was a wolf killed just south of Alpine, WY while we were out there hunting at the end of October. Apparently, they were taking it to WY Game & Fish to have blood drawn to prove it came from Yellowstone. I would have been interested to hear the results of that.
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Friend of a friend took this wolf down between Rock Springs and Green River. That' not Castle Geyser in the background, that's Pilot Butte, a major landmark on the Pony Express, hundreds of miles south of Yellowstone. I can't post the pic from my iPad so if someone can give an assist?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=o.201409103216029&type=1&ref=nf

Download the photbucket app. It works great. Ally's I have over here is my iPad. Posting pictures is easy.

Save to camera roll
Upload to Photo Bucket
copy and paste link

And to he'll with the uneducated, tree hugging, wolf lovers.
We had one around our elk camp in mid Oct about 50 miles south of Alpine. That's still well within sight of the Tetons and Yellowstone though. Probably just a day hike for a trotting wolf.
Thanks REU Brother...

wink
ADD this check it out !!!..........
Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok
Dec 17, 2012 Tok trapper Lance Grangaard was attacked by a wolf on Thursday while riding his snowmachine on a trapline east of the Taylor Highway. The wolf jumped on him and bit through his parka and underclothing, breaking the skin on his right arm with one of its teeth. Grangaard suffered a 3-to 4-inch scratch on his arm, which he and his father, Danny, cleaned the wound with whiskey and baby wipes. Grangaard will undergo a series of five rabies shots in the next two weeks to prevent any chance of catching rabies. >>>>>>>>>>>FAIRBANKS � A wolf attacked a Tok trapper on his snowmachine last week about 30 miles off the Taylor Highway, biting through the man�s parka and three layers of clothing to put a 3-inch gash on his arm.

Lance Grangaard, 30, said he was �putting along� on his Ski-Doo Tundra on Thursday afternoon, coming down a frozen creek, when he saw the wolf out of the corner of his eye.

�I turned in time to stick my arm up,� said Grangaard, who was trapping with his father, Danny, in a remote area off the Taylor Highway known as Ketchumstuk. �A single black wolf grabbed my arm and started jerking on me.�

Afraid the wolf was going to pull him off his machine and maul him, Grangaard went into attack mode himself.

�I knew he was going to jerk me off my machine, so I made a big jump and managed to get on its back,� he said. �I just tried to get on top of him; I didn�t want to be on the bottom when we landed.�

Man and the wolf were still tangled when they hit hard on overflow ice.

�When we slammed down on the ice he let out a yelp and bucked me off,� Grangaard said. �He ran off 15 or 20 feet and he turned around. I screamed at him and raised my arms and he took off.�

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok
Looks like a happy hunter.

Nice wolf, that would be an awesome pelt for sure.
Heard from a reliable source a wolf was killed up near the Gillette area a while back. Had a radio collar on it too.
Great trophy, really like the look of those dark pelts.
I and several others have seen wolves in Northern CA, and we heard them outside of Burns, OR a few years ago.

The Government lies all the time, and the areawolves populate is one of their most blatant lies.

Wolves take away one of the sources of food we need to be independant from the industrial complex.
Originally Posted by BrentD

+1.
A black one on the snow must have been quite a sight!
Originally Posted by SKane

+1.

+2.
Originally Posted by Hemi
Heard from a reliable source a wolf was killed up near the Gillette area a while back. Had a radio collar on it too.

That Radio Collar should have been placed on a fast moving Greyhound that is headed in an Easterly Direction!

whistle
Originally Posted by atvalaska
ADD this check it out !!!..........
Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok
Dec 17, 2012 Tok trapper Lance Grangaard was attacked by a wolf on Thursday while riding his snowmachine on a trapline east of the Taylor Highway. The wolf jumped on him and bit through his parka and underclothing, breaking the skin on his right arm with one of its teeth. Grangaard suffered a 3-to 4-inch scratch on his arm, which he and his father, Danny, cleaned the wound with whiskey and baby wipes. Grangaard will undergo a series of five rabies shots in the next two weeks to prevent any chance of catching rabies. >>>>>>>>>>>FAIRBANKS � A wolf attacked a Tok trapper on his snowmachine last week about 30 miles off the Taylor Highway, biting through the man�s parka and three layers of clothing to put a 3-inch gash on his arm.

Lance Grangaard, 30, said he was �putting along� on his Ski-Doo Tundra on Thursday afternoon, coming down a frozen creek, when he saw the wolf out of the corner of his eye.

�I turned in time to stick my arm up,� said Grangaard, who was trapping with his father, Danny, in a remote area off the Taylor Highway known as Ketchumstuk. �A single black wolf grabbed my arm and started jerking on me.�

Afraid the wolf was going to pull him off his machine and maul him, Grangaard went into attack mode himself.

�I knew he was going to jerk me off my machine, so I made a big jump and managed to get on its back,� he said. �I just tried to get on top of him; I didn�t want to be on the bottom when we landed.�

Man and the wolf were still tangled when they hit hard on overflow ice.

�When we slammed down on the ice he let out a yelp and bucked me off,� Grangaard said. �He ran off 15 or 20 feet and he turned around. I screamed at him and raised my arms and he took off.�

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok

A high school classmate of mine lives in Tok and posted the news article about this wolf attack. Darned good thing for the trapper that there was only one wolf.
Kool. Jamestown is 3 miles and White Mtn. Pilot Butte 10.
Another good wolf!
WCC.......was the friend out calling coyotes and the wolf responded?
What's the story?
Originally Posted by SKane

+1.

I had one about the same color walk by me at about 200yds at work two weeks ago. It was all alone and the area was nothing but snow. My camera would not fire at -30* and I am still pissed about that.
Originally Posted by chapped_lips
WCC.......was the friend out calling coyotes and the wolf responded?
What's the story?

All I know is he tracked it about 10 miles. It was snowy out. He probably stumbled on the track and followed it.
Have seen them in Tulare Co. Kings Canyon/Hume Lake basin.
It's amazing to read the comments on the picture. Especially the ignorant 'green' folks. Lol
my landlord has seen one twice in the past two weeks.he own about 1500 acres just a mile or two north of stugis. he was born/raised on the place so he is familar with the terrain, sees yotes all the time,says this damn sure aint no yote.
© 24hourcampfire