Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Friend of a friend took this wolf down between Rock Springs and Green River. That' not Castle Geyser in the background, that's Pilot Butte, a major landmark on the Pony Express, hundreds of miles south of Yellowstone. I can't post the pic from my iPad so if someone can give an assist?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=o.201409103216029&type=1&ref=nf

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks deerwhacker. If anybody knows this area, it's only about 20 miles from Utah and 60 miles from Colorado. Didn't this wolf read the signs?

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I guess woofs dont see blue jeans as well as deers do.

wink

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Congrats! I know where that is...good antelope hunting there. That is now a good wolf!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
There was a wolf killed just south of Alpine, WY while we were out there hunting at the end of October. Apparently, they were taking it to WY Game & Fish to have blood drawn to prove it came from Yellowstone. I would have been interested to hear the results of that.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Friend of a friend took this wolf down between Rock Springs and Green River. That' not Castle Geyser in the background, that's Pilot Butte, a major landmark on the Pony Express, hundreds of miles south of Yellowstone. I can't post the pic from my iPad so if someone can give an assist?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...=o.201409103216029&type=1&ref=nf

Download the photbucket app. It works great. Ally's I have over here is my iPad. Posting pictures is easy.

Save to camera roll
Upload to Photo Bucket
copy and paste link

And to he'll with the uneducated, tree hugging, wolf lovers.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
We had one around our elk camp in mid Oct about 50 miles south of Alpine. That's still well within sight of the Tetons and Yellowstone though. Probably just a day hike for a trotting wolf.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks REU Brother...

wink

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ADD this check it out !!!..........
Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok
Dec 17, 2012 Tok trapper Lance Grangaard was attacked by a wolf on Thursday while riding his snowmachine on a trapline east of the Taylor Highway. The wolf jumped on him and bit through his parka and underclothing, breaking the skin on his right arm with one of its teeth. Grangaard suffered a 3-to 4-inch scratch on his arm, which he and his father, Danny, cleaned the wound with whiskey and baby wipes. Grangaard will undergo a series of five rabies shots in the next two weeks to prevent any chance of catching rabies. >>>>>>>>>>>FAIRBANKS � A wolf attacked a Tok trapper on his snowmachine last week about 30 miles off the Taylor Highway, biting through the man�s parka and three layers of clothing to put a 3-inch gash on his arm.

Lance Grangaard, 30, said he was �putting along� on his Ski-Doo Tundra on Thursday afternoon, coming down a frozen creek, when he saw the wolf out of the corner of his eye.

�I turned in time to stick my arm up,� said Grangaard, who was trapping with his father, Danny, in a remote area off the Taylor Highway known as Ketchumstuk. �A single black wolf grabbed my arm and started jerking on me.�

Afraid the wolf was going to pull him off his machine and maul him, Grangaard went into attack mode himself.

�I knew he was going to jerk me off my machine, so I made a big jump and managed to get on its back,� he said. �I just tried to get on top of him; I didn�t want to be on the bottom when we landed.�

Man and the wolf were still tangled when they hit hard on overflow ice.

�When we slammed down on the ice he let out a yelp and bucked me off,� Grangaard said. �He ran off 15 or 20 feet and he turned around. I screamed at him and raised my arms and he took off.�

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Looks like a happy hunter.

Nice wolf, that would be an awesome pelt for sure.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Heard from a reliable source a wolf was killed up near the Gillette area a while back. Had a radio collar on it too.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Great trophy, really like the look of those dark pelts.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I and several others have seen wolves in Northern CA, and we heard them outside of Burns, OR a few years ago.

The Government lies all the time, and the areawolves populate is one of their most blatant lies.

Wolves take away one of the sources of food we need to be independant from the industrial complex.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BrentD

+1.
A black one on the snow must have been quite a sight!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by BrentD

+1.
A black one on the snow must have been quite a sight!

+2.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hemi
Heard from a reliable source a wolf was killed up near the Gillette area a while back. Had a radio collar on it too.

That Radio Collar should have been placed on a fast moving Greyhound that is headed in an Easterly Direction!

whistle

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
ADD this check it out !!!..........
Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok
Dec 17, 2012 Tok trapper Lance Grangaard was attacked by a wolf on Thursday while riding his snowmachine on a trapline east of the Taylor Highway. The wolf jumped on him and bit through his parka and underclothing, breaking the skin on his right arm with one of its teeth. Grangaard suffered a 3-to 4-inch scratch on his arm, which he and his father, Danny, cleaned the wound with whiskey and baby wipes. Grangaard will undergo a series of five rabies shots in the next two weeks to prevent any chance of catching rabies. >>>>>>>>>>>FAIRBANKS � A wolf attacked a Tok trapper on his snowmachine last week about 30 miles off the Taylor Highway, biting through the man�s parka and three layers of clothing to put a 3-inch gash on his arm.

Lance Grangaard, 30, said he was �putting along� on his Ski-Doo Tundra on Thursday afternoon, coming down a frozen creek, when he saw the wolf out of the corner of his eye.

�I turned in time to stick my arm up,� said Grangaard, who was trapping with his father, Danny, in a remote area off the Taylor Highway known as Ketchumstuk. �A single black wolf grabbed my arm and started jerking on me.�

Afraid the wolf was going to pull him off his machine and maul him, Grangaard went into attack mode himself.

�I knew he was going to jerk me off my machine, so I made a big jump and managed to get on its back,� he said. �I just tried to get on top of him; I didn�t want to be on the bottom when we landed.�

Man and the wolf were still tangled when they hit hard on overflow ice.

�When we slammed down on the ice he let out a yelp and bucked me off,� Grangaard said. �He ran off 15 or 20 feet and he turned around. I screamed at him and raised my arms and he took off.�

Read more: Fairbanks Daily News-Miner - Wolf attacks trapper on snowmachine near Tok

A high school classmate of mine lives in Tok and posted the news article about this wolf attack. Darned good thing for the trapper that there was only one wolf.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Kool. Jamestown is 3 miles and White Mtn. Pilot Butte 10.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another good wolf!

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1badf350, 1minute, 12344mag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,590
Posts18,473,439
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.