Home
Posted By: Bigcat_hunter Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Is it just me or do all Subaru drivers vote for Obama? What is it with Subaru's and Obama stickers? They are thick around these parts.
Posted By: Alaskajim Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Blue Subaru Outbacks. Not black ones like my Wife's.
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
A strange curiosity of psychology that I'm sure the marketing people study and try to exploit.

Like driving a Ram truck makes you more of a man. Those commercials are so obvious and transparent as to be hilarious, but they must work. They provide employment for a certain gravel voiced cowboy actor, just like the Camel guy and Marlboro man and cigarettes. The Subaru commercials appealing to certain segments are just slightly more subtle.

My hemi is bigger than your hemi!

Paul
Posted By: tzone Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
I'd drive one if the price is right. They're good cars.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
If you live in Boulder, Colorado, I believe it's mandatory that at least one of your vehicles be a Subaru.
Posted By: Jocko_Slugshot Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by tzone
I'd drive one if the price is right. They're good cars.

I rented one for a week this past summer and was favorably impressed. Great gas mileage, enough pep for passing on the interstates, and full-time 4WD.
Posted By: GuyM Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
My sons seem to buck the trend. The oldest carries a Glock. The youngest a 1911. They were both outraged by the election results.

Each chose their used Subaru cars because the doggone things are great snow cars.

Someday they'll grow up and buy Ford Superduty pickups!
Posted By: zxc Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by GuyM
My sons seem to buck the trend. The oldest carries a Glock. The youngest a 1911. They were both outraged by the election results.

Each chose their used Subaru cars because the doggone things are great snow cars.

Someday they'll grow up and buy Ford Superduty pickups!

Necks will reddin with age.
Posted By: krp Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by Bigcat_hunter
Is it just me or do all Subaru drivers vote for Obama? What is it with Subaru's and Obama stickers? They are thick around these parts.

And they drive slow in the fast lane... When my wife see's one she say's... 'smoke'm' ... so I punch the pedal on my Duramax... my injectors need cleaning...

Kent
Posted By: JRaw Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
No Obama sticker, just an elk sticker.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bigcat_hunter Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Hmmm, never seen that before.
Posted By: GeauxLSU Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
No it's not just you. I think the 'coexist' sticker is put on at the factory.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Wife drives an Outback and leans heavily to the right. She seems to be the exception to the rule. Most other subaru's we see typically are plastered with some sort of hippy BS.
Posted By: Bay_Dog Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Really liked our Forester and like T-Zone said, I'd buy another if the price were right. 30 mpg on the highway, no maintenance issues in the 3.5 years of ownership and all wheel drive (can't say 4wd, because it's really not 4wd in the true sense of the phrase).

Like was said before, they market to the eco-nuts so that's why you see a disproportionate amount of them with "Coexist", Sierra Club and Obama stickers. Not to mention that Subaru boasts at having zero waste production facilities. All in all a solid, well built small SUV.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Here, they are the preferred farm vehicle for cat ranchers.
Posted By: RDW Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
I would drive a WRX in a heartbeat if I was looking for a small car, they are freaking fast and have the best sounding four cylinder on the market. If I can't afford my Boxster 6, I will take a Boxster 4...definitely not a Libtard.
Posted By: Bigcat_hunter Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
There is an easy eay to combat the coexist stupidity, just slap one of these on your car.

[email][/email] [Linked Image]
Posted By: Seafire Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Hey, I love Subies...also love Volvos... but yeah, you think that they come from the factory with liberal bumper stickers on them and then conservatives have to pay extra to have them taken off in the body shop...

but on both types of vehicles, my son also has the conclusion that Gays, lesbians and leftists get massive discounts on those vehicles, whether they are NEW or Used...

that is his conclusion of why so many of those persuasions drive them...

they are great cars...as are Volvos, at least those from the 50s right up thru the early 90s...

if I was a rich eccentric type.. I'd have a couple of old 50s or 60s vintage restored Volvos in the garage/barn... I love those things...

and also love Subarus...
Posted By: 1371 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
No votes for the dems here but I do drive a Subaru. AWD, awesome gas mileage, and my WRX can keep up with just about anything.
Posted By: logger Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12

I assume it is only you.
Posted By: ODay450 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Not all are driven by Obama lovers. In my extended family there are 5 including the Forester I drive and my wife's Outback. Our youngst son was a Subaru service manager so the prices are very good. Economy, reliabilty, and bad weather performance are outstanding.

We are also all outdoors people with politics to the right of Ronald Regan and Wm F Buckley ... No libs here!
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Great cars with reliable engines and drivetrains. I'm a closet lesbian, so I approve.
Posted By: roundoak Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Peer pressure. I would be laughed out of the valley if anyone saw me driving a Subaru.
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
For a while I thought the Kerry/Edwards stickers came standard on new models.

You often have opportunity to get a good look at what's posted on the back of Subarus because there is always traffic stuck behind them waiting to pass - especially in the mountains.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
My wife has had them in years past and is contemplating another, my mechanic loves them he finds them the easiest of all vehicles to work on.
Good milage, reliable and safe on slick, nasty roads.
I've hauled numerous bucks out in her old Subie.

That said, I told here about the political statement they make and how I don't want to be caught dead in a Subaru with California plates in another state.

blush

She thinks I'm nuckin futz.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Thought this was a Subaru, turns out it was an Audi...

Posted By: clos Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12

My wife says they all drive like shi$ too.
Posted By: srp Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
I have two of them. I have been called many names in my life, but liberal has never ben one of them. Amongst the best cars I have ever owned, and I have had many.
Posted By: clos Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by srp
I have two of them. I have been called many names in my life, but liberal has never ben one of them. Amongst the best cars I have ever owned, and I have had many.

I had a buddy in high school drove it like he stole it in his dad's Subaru. talking about taking it up to 30mph in first, speed shifting from then on, jumping it on the back road bridges, all that stuff. finaly his little brother got broadsided in it years later, this brother was ok but the Subaru was finally toast. they are good cars.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Great vehicles if you have to deal with a lot of snow. My brother and his wife have been driving Subarus for many years, (although I use a Toyota Tacoma 4wd to deal with snow). Plus they are extremely dependable (like my Toyota); and if anyone gives you crap about driving a foriegn car you can tell them that it's made in the USA and by the way; No Jap ever outsourced MY job.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by RDW
I would drive a WRX in a heartbeat if I was looking for a small car, they are freaking fast and have the best sounding four cylinder on the market.

Roos are good cars.. I did see a WRX being pulled out of a snow bank this morn while going out after 'yotes. It was pretty banged up.

Must have been pretty fun sticking that into snow last night. grin
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
I'd drive one, see'in as I'm a lesbian and all.......

laugh
Posted By: slg888 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
I helped 2 lesbians get there Subaru out of a snow bank couple yrs ago.
Posted By: 1B Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
I bought a blue Outback two years ago. Got sick of the low mileage and failing brakes on my E150 van. The Subaru is more comfortable to drive on long trips; way more handy on snow/ice; has more pickup power in passing sits, and is cheaper by @ 75%on gas. I aslo noted that while shopping around, that low mileage, used ones were about the same price as new ones and there were about none to be had. Guess which one sits in the driveway unused.

Hasn't effected my voting patterns or tastes in guns, bourbon or 'wimens' ... yet. But asudden interst in spey casting may augur badly.

1B
Posted By: mcmurphrjk Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
We have tons of them around here.
Not all Subaru drivers are greenie libtards, but all greenies, libtards and queers drive Subaru's.

They seem to be a progressive identification accessory, like a charm bracelet. A place to hang the Obama, Save the Whales and Keep Lake Tahoe Blue stickers.
You can change the racks that you never use with the seasons, so everyone can think that you ski or bike ride.
Posted By: Dave93 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
We've been driving an Outback for quite a few years. My buddies at work let me know that the Suburu happened to be the lesbians car of choice.....thereafter we all called it the Lezburu. It didn't make my wife happy to hear that.

What do you get when u spell Suburu backwards???

U r u bus........must be because it goes through snow great.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
We have tons of them around here.
Not all Subaru drivers are greenie libtards, but all greenies, libtards and queers drive Subaru's.

They seem to be a progressive identification accessory, like a charm bracelet. A place to hang the Obama, Save the Whales and Keep Lake Tahoe Blue stickers.
You can change the racks that you never use with the seasons, so everyone can think that you ski or bike ride.

Only if they have the rainbow in the rear window.

It's just you. I am a little to the right of right and I had 2 of them. I will not buy one ever again I can guarantee that.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
Girl I know call's em lezbaru's,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nifty-two-fifty Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
We have had a Subaru in the family fleet ever since we escaped city life in 1992. We are still on the second one. My wife's Forester has 170k on it now and if it ever wears out she wants another one.

Best snow cars ever. Making the first tracks in snow covered logging roads at speeds high enough to be exciting is almost more fun than a guy should be allowed to have.

No bumper stickers, but never less than one gun in the car, ever, unless it was in the shop, which was very rare.

I've never been stuck or stranded in one either, or my wife. I thought I had really worn the first one out, but a male school teacher bought it and drove it a few more years. It may still be running for all I know.

I wish the libs and sexually challenged would all decide to buy Chevy Volts.

Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/23/12
my MIL just bought one for the snow and reliability factor, they really are good cars. And of course I had to pick on her.

I own a Japanese Mini Truck (Kei Truck) made my subaru. It has about 136,000 KM (about 85k miles) and I love it. I have replaced brakes, tires oil. I need to replace the timing cover gasket and I will do the timing belt, water pump and tensioner when I do. But this little truck rolls down the Hwy at 60 mph, gets 45MPG, is 4wd, and amazing off road.
I put the truck over on it's side this summer on an old logging road, I used a come-along, flipped it over, filled it back over filled it up with oil, and drove it home. I drive it about 100 miles a day and never had a problem, so if subaru's "cheap" end indicates there quality I would own a full size subaru car if they wern't so gay.
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
We have had a Subaru in the family fleet ever since we escaped city life in 1992. We are still on the second one. My wife's Forester has 170k on it now and if it ever wears out she wants another one.

Best snow cars ever. Making the first tracks in snow covered logging roads at speeds high enough to be exciting is almost more fun than a guy should be allowed to have.

No bumper stickers, but never less than one gun in the car, ever, unless it was in the shop, which was very rare.

I've never been stuck or stranded in one either, or my wife. I thought I had really worn the first one out, but a male school teacher bought it and drove it a few more years. It may still be running for all I know.

They love their Priusthes grin
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
I would like to have one. (Subaru)
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty

I won't buy one again because I had a lot of problems with a 2003 outback. I mean double to triple the problems I would have with a comparable toyota or honda. To top it off I had one of Subarus worse dealers to fix the car, other dealers were too far away. There was a transmission recall, gas line recall, I replaced 2 alternators, starter , 2 front rotors, countless headlight bulbs and the typical subaru maintenance costs. I know I forgot a lot of things that went wrong. The [bleep] car was cursed. I had an earlier Impreza which was strictly a commuter car which was serviced by a different dealer with no problems other then rattles.
Posted By: Buzzsaw Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
I love my Black Outback...After I bought it I found
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Like this...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bighorn75 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
I bought an outback in 2005 because everyone I knew who had a Subaru loved it. My experience was pretty much opposite of everything I was told by owners. The car turned out to be one of the highest maintenance vehicles I've ever owned. And it sucked in the snow. It had reliable traction going forward but if that thing got the least bit squirrely on snow you were just along for the ride. Any 4wd jeep or pickup I've owned really needed to get almost sideways before you couldn't control it at least a little bit.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
You call that snow in Pennsylvania? grin

Like this...

[Linked Image]

Nice!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Subaru and Volvo drivers all vote liberal
Posted By: Paul39 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
See my post on the other Subaru thread, about issues with my 2002 Outback.

Paul
Posted By: Redneck Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
They're de-rigueur in Murderapolis for two groups, gays and O-voters..
Posted By: flagstaff Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
In this #$@!*& liberal town, I would say at least 50% of the subarus I see have obummer stickers on them. I realize they are well built cars, but ain't no way I would own or drive one.
Posted By: 1B Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Now I understand why Obama got reelected.

You reject a better product cuz you do not like the other people that use it? That kind of reasoning -- note I did not say logic --explains why fewer Repulicans voted for Romney than McCain.

We are indeed doomed.

1B

I'm betting a lot of the dudes crying about volvos and subie's have got a mini-van in the garage.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
I could really like a older GL with the Hi/Lo.

Hang a gun rack in the back window and put some Stars and Bars on it!
That would be good..

Or an old 6-speed 4x4 Tercel. Those things are awesome, but good luck getting your hands on one.
Posted By: Timberlake Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by Seafire
they are great cars...as are Volvos, at least those from the 50s right up thru the early 90s...

I drove a 1960 544 Volvo while stationed in Germany, 1963-1965. Wonderful little car. Reminded me of my '48 Ford 2-door I learned to drive on. Had to leave it when I rotated because it was not an export model. Ended up bringing a new VW bug home.

There are many Subarus where I live today. Mostly owned by common, middle class folks, nothing special. Never heard anything bad about them.
Posted By: stomatador Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Sue-B'roos have good snow traction but no ground clearance. They do ok until they hit nasty rutted stuff.

Edited to add: They do seem to be real popular with noxious invaders ie. there are lots of them on campus.
Posted By: 358Norma_fan Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
When I bought my truck a couple months ago I was sitting in the sales office waiting. Watching out the window I saw a young couple who were buying a used Subaru. First thing they did when they signed the papers was put a Obama sticker in the back window. Couldn't even get off the lot before they defaced the thing.
Posted By: ODay450 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Subaru and Volvo drivers all vote liberal

Not so kemosahbee. Those I know (+ me) are staunch conservatives and no, not RINOs.
Posted By: spence1875 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
I have Subaru as well as a F-150. I love the Subaru, and if only could have one it would be it. Bullet proof and goes like hell in the snow and ice. Mine is an 09 forester with 80 k on it, no trips to the shop yet.

I served in the 1 st gulf war and both theaters of the current one, I ain't no liberal. They sell a mid size pick up OCONUS, wish they sold it here. Merry Xmas to all. Spence
Posted By: Redneck Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by 1B

You reject a better product cuz you do not like the other people that use it?
I think it has more to do with not wanting to be identified as part of that group...

Posted By: atvalaska Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
the wife drives one...with a duck's unlimted AND a browning buckmark head on the rear glass.....and lab "paw" foot prints around the rear plate smile.......NO rainbow stickers!!! smile
Posted By: John_G Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Good cars but no better in the snow than any other AWD set-up. And ... the parts are more expensive than other Japanese cars.

Re: the image - yeah, they cry out "Tree-Hugger, Granola-Cruncher, Liberal, Gay/Lesbian." I wouldn't have one, but if I did I'd have fun driving slow and giving others a limp-wristed wave as they went by.

Seriously, if I were in the market for that kind of car, I'd have a serious look at the Suzuki Sx4 Hatchback (this is a very cool little car, and the cheapest of the bunch), Hyundai Tucson, Mitsubishi RVR, Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Ford Escape, or the Kia Sportage.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
My daily driver is an Outback. Good mileage,reliable,and in the snow their AWD system and winter tires is like cheating.

They're a very practical car for an outdoorsman. I've hauled three 120qt coolers full of elk meat from the butcher,and 10 dozen duck decoys and my lab is no problem.

My license plate gets some looks. grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: add Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by 1B

You reject a better product cuz you do not like the other people that use it?

I think it has more to do with not wanting to be identified as part of that group...

Consumers who acknowledge quality automotive engineering and superior build specs with their pocket books?
Posted By: 1B Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
add,

Oh then that makes sense! ?

1B
Posted By: flagstaff Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by 1B

You reject a better product cuz you do not like the other people that use it? That kind of reasoning -- note I did not say logic --explains why fewer Repulicans voted for Romney than McCain.

We are indeed doomed.

1B

You can drive whatever car you want 1B. I think there are better vehicles out there than subarus. I live in the 5th snowiest city in America. I drive a Jeep Wrangler. It gets around nicely. I really like the "Don't tread on me" bumper sticker I have on it. Driving a subaru is like siding with the enemy around here in my book. Ain't gonna happen.
Originally Posted by John_G
Good cars but no better in the snow than any other AWD set-up. And ... the parts are more expensive than other Japanese cars.

Re: the image - yeah, they cry out "Tree-Hugger, Granola-Cruncher, Liberal, Gay/Lesbian." I wouldn't have one, but if I did I'd have fun driving slow and giving others a limp-wristed wave as they went by.

Seriously, if I were in the market for that kind of car, I'd have a serious look at the Suzuki Sx4 Hatchback (this is a very cool little car, and the cheapest of the bunch), Hyundai Tucson, Mitsubishi RVR, Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Ford Escape, or the Kia Sportage.

Subaru has the best AWD system end of story. They might be a PITA for maintenance but I have never heard of one having a problem with their AWD.
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
When I bought my truck a couple months ago I was sitting in the sales office waiting. Watching out the window I saw a young couple who were buying a used Subaru. First thing they did when they signed the papers was put a Obama sticker in the back window. Couldn't even get off the lot before they defaced the thing.

[bleep]....that's what happens when you buy a Cult vehicle and Subarus are Cult vehicles
Posted By: levrluvr Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by stomatador
Sue-B'roos have no ground clearance. .

not quite accurate- the last few years, ground clearance has gone down a little bit to 8.7", but earlier 2K models were closer to a foot. If they got better mpg, I would have bought one back in '02 when it was a 75 mile drive each way to work just because the ground clearance was even greater than my 4x4 F150 (I wound up with a TDI).
Subaru has been doing AWD longer than anyone, and have the road rally trophies to prove it. The WRX is a hoot to drive too.
I don't give a crap about what other people think about what I drive. Life is too short. If a product works (which a Subaru does) and has a great safety rating (which a Subaru does), slap an "Obama Sucks Camel Diick" sticker in the rear window and get on with it.
Posted By: Mossy Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Originally Posted by stomatador
Sue-B'roos have no ground clearance. .

not quite accurate- the last few years, ground clearance has gone down a little bit to 8.7", but earlier 2K models were closer to a foot. If they got better mpg, I would have bought one back in '02 when it was a 75 mile drive each way to work just because the ground clearance was even greater than my 4x4 F150 (I wound up with a TDI).
Subaru has been doing AWD longer than anyone, and have the road rally trophies to prove it. The WRX is a hoot to drive too.
I don't give a crap about what other people think about what I drive. Life is too short. If a product works (which a Subaru does) and has a great safety rating (which a Subaru does), slap an "Obama Sucks Camel Diick" sticker in the rear window and get on with it.

I won a case of beer off my buddy over a ground clearance bet. He thought his F250 had more than my Outback. He lost. smile
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
Subarus, at least since the Outback wagon and the WRX, are excellent cars, and bombproof.
If you are a liberal geek with utterly no mechanical skills or driving ability and want something that won't break -- Subaru is your rig. Same with safe Volvos, some of the worst-driven cars I've ever seen are Bolbos.
We have this local activist, several in fact. They all hate cutting trees or forestry -- so what the flip do they drive? Subaru Foresters.
Wifey is tearing up the road around here in her Volvo grocery getter.. Studded up Ipikes on the X/C and we're talking 4 foot rooster tails.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: stomatador Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
The only AWD vehicle I'll be running this afternoon is a snowblower.

I've owned a Subaru and it did everything I could reasonably expect. My choice of not having one now may have something to do with NOT wanting the militant libs (Subaru drivers) at work to assume I'm one of them and I've yet to notice a disadvantage in my wife's Nissan. I could easily see myself in another one in the future, perhaps with a "huntnrig" license plate.

Merry Christmas All,
Joe
Posted By: TnRidgeRunner Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
I drive an 06 Subaru Baja most of the time, better mileage than my 2000 F350 4x4 PSD. Much better handling in bad weather with the AWD ( think the U.P. in winter) The Ford will pull the 12K trailer behind it with any problem. If the snow gets deep enough I will drive the Toyota Land Cruiser (FJ55)
I think most of you are moderates.
Posted By: remfak Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/24/12
One of my kids told me they are called Lez-barus....
Posted By: RogueHunter Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/25/12

Here's my COEXIST bumper sticker:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: iambrb Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/25/12
Only Slow-Baru I ever owned was a 1982 BRAT, and it was a major POS
Posted By: Lhook7 Re: Subaru drivers? - 12/25/12
I call them Volvo starter kits.
© 24hourcampfire