-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
my MIL just bought one for the snow and reliability factor, they really are good cars. And of course I had to pick on her.

I own a Japanese Mini Truck (Kei Truck) made my subaru. It has about 136,000 KM (about 85k miles) and I love it. I have replaced brakes, tires oil. I need to replace the timing cover gasket and I will do the timing belt, water pump and tensioner when I do. But this little truck rolls down the Hwy at 60 mph, gets 45MPG, is 4wd, and amazing off road.
I put the truck over on it's side this summer on an old logging road, I used a come-along, flipped it over, filled it back over filled it up with oil, and drove it home. I drive it about 100 miles a day and never had a problem, so if subaru's "cheap" end indicates there quality I would own a full size subaru car if they wern't so gay.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
We have had a Subaru in the family fleet ever since we escaped city life in 1992. We are still on the second one. My wife's Forester has 170k on it now and if it ever wears out she wants another one.

Best snow cars ever. Making the first tracks in snow covered logging roads at speeds high enough to be exciting is almost more fun than a guy should be allowed to have.

No bumper stickers, but never less than one gun in the car, ever, unless it was in the shop, which was very rare.

I've never been stuck or stranded in one either, or my wife. I thought I had really worn the first one out, but a male school teacher bought it and drove it a few more years. It may still be running for all I know.

I wish the libs and sexually challenged would all decide to buy Chevy Volts.

They love their Priusthes grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I would like to have one. (Subaru)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty
We have had a Subaru in the family fleet ever since we escaped city life in 1992. We are still on the second one. My wife's Forester has 170k on it now and if it ever wears out she wants another one.

Best snow cars ever. Making the first tracks in snow covered logging roads at speeds high enough to be exciting is almost more fun than a guy should be allowed to have.

No bumper stickers, but never less than one gun in the car, ever, unless it was in the shop, which was very rare.

I've never been stuck or stranded in one either, or my wife. I thought I had really worn the first one out, but a male school teacher bought it and drove it a few more years. It may still be running for all I know.

I wish the libs and sexually challenged would all decide to buy Chevy Volts.

I won't buy one again because I had a lot of problems with a 2003 outback. I mean double to triple the problems I would have with a comparable toyota or honda. To top it off I had one of Subarus worse dealers to fix the car, other dealers were too far away. There was a transmission recall, gas line recall, I replaced 2 alternators, starter , 2 front rotors, countless headlight bulbs and the typical subaru maintenance costs. I know I forgot a lot of things that went wrong. The [bleep] car was cursed. I had an earlier Impreza which was strictly a commuter car which was serviced by a different dealer with no problems other then rattles.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I love my Black Outback...After I bought it I found

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Like this...

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I bought an outback in 2005 because everyone I knew who had a Subaru loved it. My experience was pretty much opposite of everything I was told by owners. The car turned out to be one of the highest maintenance vehicles I've ever owned. And it sucked in the snow. It had reliable traction going forward but if that thing got the least bit squirrely on snow you were just along for the ride. Any 4wd jeep or pickup I've owned really needed to get almost sideways before you couldn't control it at least a little bit.

"The peasants may be conned by every pitchman that introduces a new super magnum, but the members of the cognoscenti stick with classic calibers." Jack O'Conner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You call that snow in Pennsylvania? grin

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Like this...

[Linked Image]

Nice!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Subaru and Volvo drivers all vote liberal

Sam......

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
See my post on the other Subaru thread, about issues with my 2002 Outback.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bigcat_hunter
Is it just me or do all Subaru drivers vote for Obama? What is it with Subaru's and Obama stickers? They are thick around these parts.
They're de-rigueur in Murderapolis for two groups, gays and O-voters..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
In this #$@!*& liberal town, I would say at least 50% of the subarus I see have obummer stickers on them. I realize they are well built cars, but ain't no way I would own or drive one.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now I understand why Obama got reelected.

You reject a better product cuz you do not like the other people that use it? That kind of reasoning -- note I did not say logic --explains why fewer Repulicans voted for Romney than McCain.

We are indeed doomed.

1B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm betting a lot of the dudes crying about volvos and subie's have got a mini-van in the garage.

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I could really like a older GL with the Hi/Lo.

Hang a gun rack in the back window and put some Stars and Bars on it!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That would be good..

Or an old 6-speed 4x4 Tercel. Those things are awesome, but good luck getting your hands on one.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
they are great cars...as are Volvos, at least those from the 50s right up thru the early 90s...

I drove a 1960 544 Volvo while stationed in Germany, 1963-1965. Wonderful little car. Reminded me of my '48 Ford 2-door I learned to drive on. Had to leave it when I rotated because it was not an export model. Ended up bringing a new VW bug home.

There are many Subarus where I live today. Mostly owned by common, middle class folks, nothing special. Never heard anything bad about them.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sue-B'roos have good snow traction but no ground clearance. They do ok until they hit nasty rutted stuff.

Edited to add: They do seem to be real popular with noxious invaders ie. there are lots of them on campus.

Last edited by stomatador; 12/24/12.

What would Porter Rockwell do?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I bought my truck a couple months ago I was sitting in the sales office waiting. Watching out the window I saw a young couple who were buying a used Subaru. First thing they did when they signed the papers was put a Obama sticker in the back window. Couldn't even get off the lot before they defaced the thing.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (219DW, 257man, 1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,264
Posts18,525,337
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.