Home
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blo...sses-215214269--abc-news-topstories.html

1 - how the F did they get that info?

2 - Lawsuit city, baby
Only (hopefully) in New York.....
The non-gun-owners should be just as pizzed as the gun owners.

The list gives the burglars a list of the homes to avoid, and which ones are unarmed.

The paper should also print a list of all the homes that have alarm systems.

The anti-gun newspaper's actions will have the opposite effect that they intend. I predict that this will actually increase the sales of guns.

What is a guy going to do when he finds out that he is the only one on his street that doesn't own a gun?
yep,..sucks for sure.!

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7221420/1
The first gun-owner that has his home broken into, or has his gun stolen, should file a whopper lawsuit.
They should publish names and addresses of welfare recipients too.
It wouldn't work real well down here, they'd have to print most of the addresses in the state.
Same as crow hunter. It would be easier to print who doesn't have a gun. Nothing surprises me anymore.
Originally Posted by nifty-two-fifty

The list gives the burglars a list of the homes to avoid, and which ones are unarmed.

The paper should also print a list of all the homes that have alarm systems.

The anti-gun newspaper's actions will have the opposite effect that they intend. I predict that this will actually increase the sales of guns

What is a guy going to do when he finds out that he is the only one on his street that doesn't own a gun?

Bingo! Well played.
I guess I don't personally have a problem with this. The anti's have been screaming for registrations forever. Now the criminals can easily see who ISN'T on the list and go from there.
Also, if you were moving, you could look to see if your neighbor is on the list. If he is, he is not a convicted pedophile, rapist, murderer, etc.
I agree. Crooks will be picking out places where they won't get shot.
Firearms aren't the only valuable to steal.
Further proof that liberals ain't all that smart.
Many honest people in NY conceal carry with no permit..
visitors welcome intruders aren't , the decision will be made once your inside. You make the call.
The first gun-owner that has his home broken into, or has his gun stolen, should file a whopper lawsuit.

Phuggin aye on that one.

Exactly what I was thinking.
As I read it, gun owners aren't pointed out but only permit carriers. Another good reason to not have a permit.

A newspaper in New York has received a wave of criticism from its readers after publishing the names and addresses of all of the individuals with handgun or pistol permits in its coverage area.

Those are two very wealthy counties. Hopefully they've annoyed some influential people.
What say we just contact the Editors,might be fun...

Editors of The Journal News are: Janet Hasson, 3 Gate House Rd, Mamaroneck, NY 10534. (248) 594-2197 Cyndee Royle, 1133 Westchester Ave, Suite N110, White Plains, NY 10604, 914-694-9300 Nancy Cutler 9 Woodwind Ln, Spring Valley, NY. (845) 354 3485 Parent company: Gannett CEO Gracia C Martore 728 Springvale Rd Great Falls, VA 22066 (703) 759 5954 The reporter on the story is Dwight R Worley, 23006 139 Ave Springfield Gardens, NY 11413 (718) 527 0832 I hope yall have a Merry Christmas, only seems fair. The names and addresses of those who made the gun permit list public in new york

Note: Janet has disconnected her phone. But the address is still good.
Originally Posted by iambrb

2 - Lawsuit city, baby

Who do you suppose put them up to printing it?
Who constantly works to stir up the chit?
Who has this information?
Who most of all would LOVE an unarmed populace?

Only one answer to all these questions.
Government.

As always.
Your number 1 problem.
Your number 1 enemy.

I sure hope people are waking up.

First newspaper that published my personal information like that might find a few staff pictures on the back local milk cartons.

Don't poke the beehive and expect not to be stung.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
First newspaper that published my personal information like that might find a few staff pictures on the back local milk cartons.

Don't poke the beehive and expect not to be stung.

blaim the publisher, they are the ones that direct the staff and have final say in whats printed.....always a fair chance employees disagree and with the economy the way it is its damn hard to walk away from a job in alot of places....
Oh no.
here is a link to some of the publishers info:

info

another link to some "revenge" taking place:

gettin even

Sure glad that Oregon created a law that keeps the lid on that kind of info. Talk about creating division amongst the populous
that kind of crap is sure to do so. It is so irresponsible just adding to the them and us kind of idiocy that the left is famous for.YMMV Cheers NC
Don't forget to call or write. I'm sure she would love to hear your opinions. whistle
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by iambrb

2 - Lawsuit city, baby

Who do you suppose put them up to printing it?
Who constantly works to stir up the chit?
Who has this information?
Who most of all would LOVE an unarmed populace?

Only one answer to all these questions.
Government.

As always.
Your number 1 problem.
Your number 1 enemy.

I sure hope people are waking up.

I'm not holding out hope...too many dumbasses believe everything they hear on "The Daily Show" & through the MSM...

I know of a couple instances where Ca. DOJ agents have shown up at residences with search warrants in hand, whose occupants had legally purchased firearms...the twist in the story comes when you find out their Doctor put them on "controlled meds"....
Thanks for the telephone numbers I just posted all of them in the gay and lesbian section on Craigslist.
Originally Posted by wildone
Thanks for the telephone numbers I just posted all of them in the gay and lesbian section on Craigslist.

Excellant!
OH MAN! shocked

You probably did them all a favor... smirk
So we all may need those yard signs that say
"Yep I'm a gun owner and will defend my family. The neighbor is anti gun and you may not get shot robbing them"
Something like that.
Sure- go ahead and lie about the neighbor.

Between us all, we'll have the a-holes thinned out in no time.... smile

BANG!

"But the sign said.....gurgle"
So now any homeowner who has has his/her address posted on line can state, after shooting a home intruder, that they knew their info had been posted and were in fear of their lives because the invader knew there was a gun in the home.
Don't know if this has been posted or not I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread but find this funny. They turned it around on her. http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It wouldn't work real well down here, they'd have to print most of the addresses in the state.

+1 some of us may need some space. Maybe in the Sunday paper.
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

Same here, we already have a list. It's called the phone book.
my wife, who is a newspaper publisher, said as far as she can see the paper was well with in their rights to publish the list as she understands NY law....its public record and everyone has access to it, or should given state law.....she also says she about one of the dumbest things they could have done....."just cause you can doesnt mean you should"
Would there be any actionable lawsuits if a criminal admits he used that map to plan a crime?
Originally Posted by shreck
Would there be any actionable lawsuits if a criminal admits he used that map to plan a crime?

In NY it wouldn't surprise me if the paper could sue the criminal for not giving them their cut....
So let the local named gun owners post the names and addresses of the editors and writers under a Gun Free Zone heading.

�NY Newspaper in Firestorm Over Map of Gun Owners�

Irate readers say map tells criminals which houses to rob

By Liam Carnahan, Newser Staff Posted Dec 26, 2012
(Newser) � A New York newspaper has plopped itself squarely in the middle of America's gun control controversy by publishing an interactive map of homes with gun owners, reports Fox News. The Journal News in Westchester based the map on a FOIA request, and argues that some "residents would like lawmakers to expand the amount of information the public can find out about gun owners." Critics were quick to pounce, however, irate that not only did the map potentially stigmatize gun owners, but it simultaneously pointed out which homes don't have guns.

One outraged person argued that the paper had effectively published a "map for criminals to use to find homes to rob that have no guns in them to protect themselves." Another said the data equated gun owners to "sex offenders and murders" and exposed them to "anti-gun lobbyists" who will "treat them like monsters." But the Journal isn't ready to apologize yet, saying, "our readers are understandably interested to know about guns in their neighborhoods," and emphasizing that the information is public record.
Originally Posted by shreck

depends on the court anymore.....i would say no cause it is public info and any criminal can get their hands on the info anyways......but ive seen more [bleep] up rulings than that get through....
© 24hourcampfire