-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First newspaper that published my personal information like that might find a few staff pictures on the back local milk cartons.

Don't poke the beehive and expect not to be stung.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
First newspaper that published my personal information like that might find a few staff pictures on the back local milk cartons.

Don't poke the beehive and expect not to be stung.

blaim the publisher, they are the ones that direct the staff and have final say in whats printed.....always a fair chance employees disagree and with the economy the way it is its damn hard to walk away from a job in alot of places....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh no.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
K
kup Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
here is a link to some of the publishers info:

info

another link to some "revenge" taking place:

gettin even

Last edited by kup; 12/25/12.

kup
(coupe)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sure glad that Oregon created a law that keeps the lid on that kind of info. Talk about creating division amongst the populous
that kind of crap is sure to do so. It is so irresponsible just adding to the them and us kind of idiocy that the left is famous for.YMMV Cheers NC

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget to call or write. I'm sure she would love to hear your opinions. whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
Originally Posted by iambrb
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blo...sses-215214269--abc-news-topstories.html

1 - how the F did they get that info?

2 - Lawsuit city, baby

Who do you suppose put them up to printing it?
Who constantly works to stir up the chit?
Who has this information?
Who most of all would LOVE an unarmed populace?

Only one answer to all these questions.
Government.

As always.
Your number 1 problem.
Your number 1 enemy.

I sure hope people are waking up.

I'm not holding out hope...too many dumbasses believe everything they hear on "The Daily Show" & through the MSM...

I know of a couple instances where Ca. DOJ agents have shown up at residences with search warrants in hand, whose occupants had legally purchased firearms...the twist in the story comes when you find out their Doctor put them on "controlled meds"....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the telephone numbers I just posted all of them in the gay and lesbian section on Craigslist.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by wildone
Thanks for the telephone numbers I just posted all of them in the gay and lesbian section on Craigslist.

Excellant!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OH MAN! shocked

You probably did them all a favor... smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
So we all may need those yard signs that say
"Yep I'm a gun owner and will defend my family. The neighbor is anti gun and you may not get shot robbing them"
Something like that.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Sure- go ahead and lie about the neighbor.

Between us all, we'll have the a-holes thinned out in no time.... smile

BANG!

"But the sign said.....gurgle"

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So now any homeowner who has has his/her address posted on line can state, after shooting a home intruder, that they knew their info had been posted and were in fear of their lives because the invader knew there was a gun in the home.

Last edited by shreck; 12/25/12.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Don't know if this has been posted or not I didn't read all 4 pages of this thread but find this funny. They turned it around on her. http://christopherfountain.wordpress.com/2012/12/24/sauce-for-the-goose/

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It wouldn't work real well down here, they'd have to print most of the addresses in the state.

+1 some of us may need some space. Maybe in the Sunday paper.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
It wouldn't work real well down here, they'd have to print most of the addresses in the state.

Same here, we already have a list. It's called the phone book.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my wife, who is a newspaper publisher, said as far as she can see the paper was well with in their rights to publish the list as she understands NY law....its public record and everyone has access to it, or should given state law.....she also says she about one of the dumbest things they could have done....."just cause you can doesnt mean you should"

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would there be any actionable lawsuits if a criminal admits he used that map to plan a crime?

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shreck
Would there be any actionable lawsuits if a criminal admits he used that map to plan a crime?

In NY it wouldn't surprise me if the paper could sue the criminal for not giving them their cut....

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So let the local named gun owners post the names and addresses of the editors and writers under a Gun Free Zone heading.

�NY Newspaper in Firestorm Over Map of Gun Owners�

Irate readers say map tells criminals which houses to rob

By Liam Carnahan, Newser Staff Posted Dec 26, 2012
(Newser) � A New York newspaper has plopped itself squarely in the middle of America's gun control controversy by publishing an interactive map of homes with gun owners, reports Fox News. The Journal News in Westchester based the map on a FOIA request, and argues that some "residents would like lawmakers to expand the amount of information the public can find out about gun owners." Critics were quick to pounce, however, irate that not only did the map potentially stigmatize gun owners, but it simultaneously pointed out which homes don't have guns.

One outraged person argued that the paper had effectively published a "map for criminals to use to find homes to rob that have no guns in them to protect themselves." Another said the data equated gun owners to "sex offenders and murders" and exposed them to "anti-gun lobbyists" who will "treat them like monsters." But the Journal isn't ready to apologize yet, saying, "our readers are understandably interested to know about guns in their neighborhoods," and emphasizing that the information is public record.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,399 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,081
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.