Home
I see on so many forums people posting their theories on Government conspeiracies and cover ups. Making claims, siteing links and the like. Do they ever think that "Big Brother" is watching there every move? tracking IP addresses and hacking into their computers? Wouldnt posting on these forums set them up for a sting by covert agencies?

Im honestly courious, do you take steps to prevent these kinds of things?
Is being nuts against the law?
You're confusing paranoids with those who merely recognize the ordinariness of conspiracy in positions of power. The Founders, for example, fit nicely into the second category, but not the first.
It's the same reason girls go to the restroom in groups...
Originally Posted by inland44
I see on so many forums people posting their theories on Government conspeiracies and cover ups. Making claims, siteing links and the like. Do they ever think that "Big Brother" is watching there every move? tracking IP addresses and hacking into their computers? Wouldnt posting on these forums set them up for a sting by covert agencies?

I mainly post here. I figure that I'm not on the cutting edge of anything groundbreaking and that there is safety in numbers. Lots of people here laugh and make fun, but in Flyover Country, talking to average folks, the first things you heard about 9/11 and the Murrah Building after the initial shock was "the government did it". We have protected 1st Amendment rights that have already been infringed. If they get infringed to the extent you're speaking of, the Republic is doomed.

I don't believe every conspiracy I hear of, but many are worth hashing over.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

...and here you are...
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Not yet, but in the past, as you're aware, it could get you put in the same facility that housed criminally insane folks. You get to effing with the mentally ill component of these tragedies and you're playing right into the hands of the bad guys because anybody who wants a gun is, by their definition, mentally ill.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You're confusing paranoids with those who merely recognize the ordinariness of conspiracy in positions of power. The Founders, for example, fit nicely into the second category, but not the first.
One of the old bumper stickers from the 70's went..."Paranoid? Most of your fears are real."
Originally Posted by efw

...and here you are...

Funny running into you here! shockedgrin
same reason the gov't in open daylight, drives our children and grandchildren into debt they never signed up for.

cause they can, until they can't any longer

same is true for the 1st amendment

no doubt after they get the pesky lil 2nd amendment hamstrung, they'll work more earnestly to curb the 1st
same reason the gov't in open daylight, drives our children and grandchildren into debt they never signed up for.
==============

How are those 30 dollar rum drinks inside hollowed out coconuts going down, amigo?

Yep.

Fact is there are enough sheeple like the first responder here that the powers that be needn't feel threatened.

I am always surprised by the fact that people will claim adherence to Conservative ideology which is pregnant with suspicion of the gov't and those in power (ala Lord Acton... Remember he didn't ONLY say absolute power corrupts absolutely, but that power itself corrupts) poo-poo so many theories out of hand.

I don't believe every conspiracy theory... I can't think of one that I am more than agnostic toward, but then again I'll closely analyze them out of suspicion of the gov't.

I still remember watching the ongoing coverage of OCB and how the narrative changed so radically in the days that followed. One has to be ignorant or a fool to believe the Clinton admin's story! That, however, is not to say that I know what DID go down.
If you think the gov is tracking conspiracy promoters on open forums just think about those who sign petitions on the white house website. Particularly petitions like seceding. No need to register guns when those the gov needs to worry about indentify themselves.
Originally Posted by efw

...and here you are...

Your lipstick looks great... I love that color on you wink ...
ohh how I miss having a margarita at 10 a.m. counselor!

we're back home as of last Wed. plane landed at 8 a.m. and I had a 9 a.m. inspection with a Juneau bureaucrat to get permission to open up a training facility for our vocation.

biz got broken into while we were gone, sink backed up downstairs in the house, and snow plow needed a new motor, most all of it fixed, ceptin I still need to buy new safes and cash drawers for the biz.

was reading those self help books while on vaca that tell you to find what you love to do and the money will come

which do you think will pay more, pro surfer or beach bum/alcoholic?

momma sez go for it and she'll join me once I've hit it big in either

we had the best time Bob, flew daughter and granddaughter over to join us at the Big Island for the last week, really great fam vaca

I am soooo freakin blessed

but dang it's a busy life, twas fun to slow it down for a few weeks
Originally Posted by efw

Fact is there are enough sheeple like the first responder here that the powers that be needn't feel threatened.

I wouldn't go so far as to call Pat "sheeple". He has a very healthy and robust distrust of .gov...

If anything he was saying that no matter how extreme or crazy the conspiracy theory might be, it's protected by the 1st Amendment and should be a part of discourse...

Nuts are welcomed to voice their opinions where opinions are welcomed!
Don't worry they gots tin foil hats on...Big Brother can't see you when ya got yer hat on ya know.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

...and here you are...

Your lipstick looks great... I love that color on you wink ...

Why thank you! I love what you've done with your eye shadow! Very robust! wink
I generally do not believe the official government story. But that is not to say I believe the wild conspiracy theories either. The truth is most likely somewhere in between the two. That being said, I do find myself more on the side of the "tin foil hat" crowd more often these days.

Who put you up to this?
Originally Posted by RISJR
==============

How are those 30 dollar rum drinks inside hollowed out coconuts going down, amigo?

U actualy hav a job anywher, cuz all i c u do is babie set da friggin tin foil hatter bunch. U git ur law degre frum jr. Collage? Is dat wat da jr in ur name stans fur?
OH I get it, you guys talk in code. Catman?!?! what the hell did you just say?
Originally Posted by catman925

*** You are ignoring this user ***

What'd you say, troll?

He has no idea. Best bet is to ignore that idiot.
Originally Posted by RISJR
==============

That's why one should vacation in Maui. Mai Tai's are cheap there and better than anywhere else on the planet! wink
Girls go to the john in packs to assure themeselves that noone is talking abiout them behind their backs.

It isnt because Un troops in black parachutes are landing or that the the federal bureauracy stays awake nights devising schemes to screw them.

Duh?

1B

There are really no government conspiracies. What you have is human nature. There has been and always will be oligarchies that form governments for their self interest. Oligarchies will always do whatever it takes through the government they form to protect their self interest from the masses which the oligarchy holds in great contempt.

We are seeing that right now with the War on Guns. Nothing the oligarchy is purposing right now will have an impact on gun violence but it will have an impact on the mass of people they want to control as the worst nightmare for the oligarchy is the mass of people armed to the teeth and able to take down the oligarchy when the oligarchy pushes to hard.

Remember what happened to King Louis the XVI and Marie Antoinette when they pushed the masses too far.
Originally Posted by derby_dude

There are really no government conspiracies. What you have is human nature. There has been and always will be oligarchies that form governments for their self interest. Oligarchies will always do whatever it takes through the government they form to protect their self interest from the masses which the oligarchy holds in great contempt.

We are seeing that right now with the War on Guns. Nothing the oligarchy is purposing right now will have an impact on gun violence but it will have an impact on the mass of people they want to control as the worst nightmare for the oligarchy is the mass of people armed to the teeth and able to take down the oligarchy when the oligarchy pushes to hard.

Remember what happened to King Louis the XVI and Marie Antoinette when they pushed the masses too far.

for the life of me, i can't see why cake wouldn't be chosen over bread. isn't cake more tasteful?

that dude over there in England, that King that had 6 wives, and some died, some divorced, and some beheaded, wasn't he really the culprit? i mean he told the Catholics to stick it up their arse, and the Pope refused to lift a finger??
"...Maui. Mai Tai's are cheap there..."

I could ups you a Mai Tai for less than one in Maui.

Well said, Derby.
It is called being an attention whore.

He said he's sorry he mixed Gas Line Antifreeze with Bath Salts, and ate the whole mess in one sitting.

GTC

Originally Posted by ltppowell

Not on the Campfire.

Well said, Derby.

I always chuckle when you two agree with other.
... no matter how extreme or crazy the conspiracy theory might be, it's protected by the 1st Amendment and should be a part of discourse...

Nuts are welcomed to voice their opinions where opinions are welcomed!

+1
That about sums it up
The following email was sent to Congressman Ron Barber of Arizona. If you believe that your Congressman listens to constituents, the time to write him or her is now. Include a brief email message that cuts to the point and urges impeachment of the POTUS. Here is a suggested text.

Issue: GUN CONTROL

Message Subject: Defend the Second Amendment
Message Text:

Dear Congressman Barber: Today we dismayed to hear that you are wavering in your sworn promise to defend the Constitution of the United States. As you well know, the Supreme Court affirmed the right of Americans to possess firearms as individuals. Now we hear that you want to infringe on that right.

Sir, the 2nd Amendment is not about squirrel hunting. It is all about individual self defense and the possibiity of fending off a facist and renegade government. Today, the POTUS has indicated he will put forth 19 Executive Orders to infringe on our 2nd Amendment right and our God-given right to defend ourselves from ALL threats, to include a government that would kill us to have their way. That is intolerable.

We urge you sir, to uphold your sworn allegiance to the Constitution. To do less will be construed as a threat and an infringement of our rights. We also urge you and your Congressional members to immediately issue impeachment proceedings against this POTUS should he make good on his threat to infringe the 2nd Amendment.

The founders did not think about deer hunting when they put pen to paper. Indeed, they also anticipated that the most modern weapons would be needed to defend American lives against tyrants. We implore you sir, therefore, to control people of ill will, not the Americans who cherish their only defense against a rising tide of criminals, government infringements and the insane from all sectors of society.

Sincerely. Freedom is taken, not given
For the same reason we have a lot of F ing trolls on here.
Recognizing true evil a bit sooner than some ain't always bad. Spell check ain't a bad idea, either, hoss.. wink

Check out the news in New York if you want to see the future. The Tories will try to minimize it, too. smile
Originally Posted by RDFinn

I always chuckle when you two agree with other.
When Derby is able to settle himself down he's capable of making very cogent points.
actually im pretty sure Big Brother has read some of my emails but thats more because a good friend i chat with regularly via email has fairly high security clearances for his job and they warned him his email account(s) would be inspected from time to time.....prolly pretty boring for whoever has to look them over cause we are generally talking bout plants maybe a couple hundred people world wide are truly interested in
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
"...Maui. Mai Tai's are cheap there..."

I could ups you a Mai Tai for less than one in Maui.

No you couldn't because you can't make a real Maui mai tai. wink

Lol. So very true.......... I have always wondered wtf goes on when they go together. hehe.
© 24hourcampfire