Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I see on so many forums people posting their theories on Government conspeiracies and cover ups. Making claims, siteing links and the like. Do they ever think that "Big Brother" is watching there every move? tracking IP addresses and hacking into their computers? Wouldnt posting on these forums set them up for a sting by covert agencies?

Im honestly courious, do you take steps to prevent these kinds of things?

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Is being nuts against the law?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You're confusing paranoids with those who merely recognize the ordinariness of conspiracy in positions of power. The Founders, for example, fit nicely into the second category, but not the first.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's the same reason girls go to the restroom in groups...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by inland44
I see on so many forums people posting their theories on Government conspeiracies and cover ups. Making claims, siteing links and the like. Do they ever think that "Big Brother" is watching there every move? tracking IP addresses and hacking into their computers? Wouldnt posting on these forums set them up for a sting by covert agencies?

I mainly post here. I figure that I'm not on the cutting edge of anything groundbreaking and that there is safety in numbers. Lots of people here laugh and make fun, but in Flyover Country, talking to average folks, the first things you heard about 9/11 and the Murrah Building after the initial shock was "the government did it". We have protected 1st Amendment rights that have already been infringed. If they get infringed to the extent you're speaking of, the Republic is doomed.

I don't believe every conspiracy I hear of, but many are worth hashing over.

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

...and here you are...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Is being nuts against the law?
Not yet, but in the past, as you're aware, it could get you put in the same facility that housed criminally insane folks. You get to effing with the mentally ill component of these tragedies and you're playing right into the hands of the bad guys because anybody who wants a gun is, by their definition, mentally ill.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 01/15/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
You're confusing paranoids with those who merely recognize the ordinariness of conspiracy in positions of power. The Founders, for example, fit nicely into the second category, but not the first.
One of the old bumper stickers from the 70's went..."Paranoid? Most of your fears are real."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

...and here you are...

Funny running into you here! shockedgrin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
same reason the gov't in open daylight, drives our children and grandchildren into debt they never signed up for.

cause they can, until they can't any longer

same is true for the 1st amendment

no doubt after they get the pesky lil 2nd amendment hamstrung, they'll work more earnestly to curb the 1st

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
same reason the gov't in open daylight, drives our children and grandchildren into debt they never signed up for.
==============

How are those 30 dollar rum drinks inside hollowed out coconuts going down, amigo?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep.

Fact is there are enough sheeple like the first responder here that the powers that be needn't feel threatened.

I am always surprised by the fact that people will claim adherence to Conservative ideology which is pregnant with suspicion of the gov't and those in power (ala Lord Acton... Remember he didn't ONLY say absolute power corrupts absolutely, but that power itself corrupts) poo-poo so many theories out of hand.

I don't believe every conspiracy theory... I can't think of one that I am more than agnostic toward, but then again I'll closely analyze them out of suspicion of the gov't.

I still remember watching the ongoing coverage of OCB and how the narrative changed so radically in the days that followed. One has to be ignorant or a fool to believe the Clinton admin's story! That, however, is not to say that I know what DID go down.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If you think the gov is tracking conspiracy promoters on open forums just think about those who sign petitions on the white house website. Particularly petitions like seceding. No need to register guns when those the gov needs to worry about indentify themselves.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by efw

...and here you are...

Your lipstick looks great... I love that color on you wink ...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ohh how I miss having a margarita at 10 a.m. counselor!

we're back home as of last Wed. plane landed at 8 a.m. and I had a 9 a.m. inspection with a Juneau bureaucrat to get permission to open up a training facility for our vocation.

biz got broken into while we were gone, sink backed up downstairs in the house, and snow plow needed a new motor, most all of it fixed, ceptin I still need to buy new safes and cash drawers for the biz.

was reading those self help books while on vaca that tell you to find what you love to do and the money will come

which do you think will pay more, pro surfer or beach bum/alcoholic?

momma sez go for it and she'll join me once I've hit it big in either

we had the best time Bob, flew daughter and granddaughter over to join us at the Big Island for the last week, really great fam vaca

I am soooo freakin blessed

but dang it's a busy life, twas fun to slow it down for a few weeks

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Fact is there are enough sheeple like the first responder here that the powers that be needn't feel threatened.

I wouldn't go so far as to call Pat "sheeple". He has a very healthy and robust distrust of .gov...

If anything he was saying that no matter how extreme or crazy the conspiracy theory might be, it's protected by the 1st Amendment and should be a part of discourse...

Nuts are welcomed to voice their opinions where opinions are welcomed!

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don't worry they gots tin foil hats on...Big Brother can't see you when ya got yer hat on ya know.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

...and here you are...

Your lipstick looks great... I love that color on you wink ...

Why thank you! I love what you've done with your eye shadow! Very robust! wink

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I generally do not believe the official government story. But that is not to say I believe the wild conspiracy theories either. The truth is most likely somewhere in between the two. That being said, I do find myself more on the side of the "tin foil hat" crowd more often these days.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by inland44

Who put you up to this?

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (10Glocks, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,406
Posts18,488,965
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.