Home
I have a co worker who is a raving libtard.

He is all over me about my lack of real argument over the magazine capacity.

He says there is absolutely no need for a large capacity magazine, and nobody should need more than 6-10 for any reason.

I told him it is not about need, but a right to own what we want to paid for in blood. He needs to stop blaming rifles and magazines for what people are doing with them...

So, what is a better statement to return fire with?
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84

Nothing will work.

Don't feed his appetite for argument, you will NEVER change his mind.
Only help for him IE is a custom fitted neck-tie, and you're the tailor. wink

Gunner
Originally Posted by gunner500
Only help for him IE is a custom fitted neck-tie, and you're the tailor. wink

Gunner

Paracord? Or should i use a larger rope so we dont have a mess to clean up when its over? grin
Marty: In cases like this, I like to retort GFY. grin
Tightly wound cannon fuse, then light it and leave. laugh

Gunner
Nah, det cord. Of course, then you have the mess.

to the OP. Most liberals don't want to hear about individual rights, or what it took to get them. to them, the Constitution is an inconvenience. He won't listen. instead, offer to educate him. Offer to take him shooting so he can either a) confirm his thoughts, and be able to argue from a defensible position instead of ignorance, or b) show him the reality. I've actually taken a couple of my miseducated/ignorant neighbors shooting and one of them is buying a 10/22 to have fun with (and some 25 round magazines) and the other is lamenting the cost of AR's and unavailable ammo now. They both realize that shooting is fun, and in the right hands, guns are not a danger now. On the other hand, I have a third neighbor that remians adamant that people aren't responsible, and inanimate tools are. Can't win them all.
Use a heavy dose of sarcasm while telling him that the assailant may be part of a gang. Remember the lady in GA who emptied a .38 on one assailant and he still drove away. What if there were 3 or 4 of them? Then when he doesn't get it tell him to GFY.
Ask him why he should not be trusted with either an AR or a mag. Keep after him to answer, because he will refuse to answer it directly. That is, after all, what he is saying with a ban. They think no one should be allowed to have one. Why not him? What is it about him that can't be trusted? I'll bet you don't get an answer.
Invite him to go shooting with you. I have yet to see someone who doesn't absolutely love to dump a 30 round mag as fast as they can pull the trigger. Most of these anti gun folks have no hands on experience with firearms at all, you never know, you may change his mind.
Originally Posted by JeffP40
Ask him why he should not be trusted with either an AR or a mag. Keep after him to answer, because he will refuse to answer it directly. That is, after all, what he is saying with a ban. They think no one should be allowed to have one. Why not him? What is it about him that can't be trusted? I'll bet you don't get an answer.

I like that one.
A different response might be something like this:

When I call the cops because someone is breaking into my house they will show up to face that threat, someone breaking into my house, with standard capacity magazines in their pistols (15-20) and ARs (30).

They are not showing up to "kill as many as possible". They are simply carrying the right tools to face an unknown threat.

I am an American Citizen and the 2nd Amendment allows me the right to keep and bear arms for several reasons. One of those reasons is self defense and I choose the same types of arms as my local police department because I face the same threats as my local police department.

Or you could just start screaming "Molon Labe" as you dance in a circle around him. grin
Just say,"I have no desire to educate someone with such limited understanding and closed mind." That would antagonize him in exactly the right way.
After reading Old70's and Miguel's posts about inviting non-gunners to go out shooting, it occurred to me that maybe that's what we all should be doing; taking our non-shooting acquaintances out to the range with some fun to shoot guns, a pile of ammo and some reactive targets. It might serve to educate some of those folks and maybe even convert a few into gun owners and 2A supporters.
Have him read this:

http://kontradictions.wordpress.com...e-assault-weapons-ban-well-ill-tell-you/

The embarrassingly simple reason that magazine size restrictions can�t lessen the lethality of mass shooters is that it doesn�t matter how many rounds fit in a magazine if a shooter has multiple magazines.

Cho was able to carry out this massacre because he carried a backpack containing 19 magazines, a fact not well-publicized.

bruin I make a distinction between a "non-shooter" and an "anti" . A non- shooter is ignorant. We ALL start off ignorant. Then we learn if we have any interest. When one has an interest and chooses to remain ignorant, then they have upgraded to STUPID. That describes the anti quite well.
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
bruin I make a distinction between a "non-shooter" and an "anti" . A non- shooter is ignorant. We ALL start off ignorant. Then we learn if we have any interest. When one has an interest and chooses to remain ignorant, then they have upgraded to STUPID. That describes the anti quite well.

ET, I agree completely. It's those ignorant or ambivalent types who I was referring to and we have the best chance of winning over. As you point out, their position on guns often comes from having no experience with guns. Those are the types we can win over simply by doing what we already enjoy doing - going shooting.
Need has nothing to do with it.. a Right has everything to do with it...

Lefties Feel they have the need to abuse the 1st Amendment, while denying others the need for the second amendment... Lefties feel that is their right....

Lefties always want to ban something or deny to others, the rights that they personally don't think they need...

Reasoning with one, is like trying to talk to a fence post..

its a waste of time, just as their existence is a waste of time...
Actions always speak louder than words. What do we have to lose to try and get non-shooters interested in shooting? You can argue with someone who is set in their ways until you are blue in the face, but when you see that childlike smile come over someones face after firing a gun for the first time, you know that you have got to them.

He says there is absolutely no need for a large capacity magazine, and nobody should need more than 6-10 for any reason.

Because, in the heat of the moment, I may miss.

Apparently these folks have never been in a stressful life and death situation.

It ain't the freakin movies where the good guy bust cranium with every shot.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

When I call the cops because someone is breaking into my house they will show up to face that threat, someone breaking into my house, with standard capacity magazines in their pistols (15-20) and ARs (30).

They are not showing up to "kill as many as possible". They are simply carrying the right tools to face an unknown threat.

I am an American Citizen and the 2nd Amendment allows me the right to keep and bear arms for several reasons. One of those reasons is self defense and I choose the same types of arms as my local police department because I face the same threats as my local police department.

Or you could just start screaming "Molon Labe" as you dance in a circle around him. grin

Good response. Cops carry as many bullets as is practically possible because they may need them. To think that somebody else might not need them is just stupid.
What if a Mexican drug cartel hit squad mistakes your house for the house of their intended target? With a six round magazine, you had better be a good shot and make EVERY shot count.

That is a great tactic.

I told him it is not about need, but a right to own what we want to paid for in blood. He needs to stop blaming rifles and magazines for what people are doing with them...

You can't explain why you feel the way you feel?

Travis
Marty you can try to use logic on a libtard but it is like beating your head against the wall. You will just get a headache grin

IF you can get him to listen without him running his mouth hysterically you may have a chance.
Using logic and reason with these idiots never works, I have found a good solid GFY keep them from bringin it up in the future.
Originally Posted by miguel
Invite him to go shooting with you. I have yet to see someone who doesn't absolutely love to dump a 30 round mag as fast as they can pull the trigger. Most of these anti gun folks have no hands on experience with firearms at all, you never know, you may change his mind.

This
The answer I've used is simply that police response may be up to 20 to 30 minutes away, and I'm very likely restricted to the rounds loaded in the gun. Bad guys don't always just run away when they see a gun or have that first shot fired, especially if they're stoned out of their gourd.

Another argument I've used is that if their teenage daughter is grabbed by 8 drunks and pulled into a dark alley, do they want the rescuer who happens to be walking by to be carrying a 6 round revolver or a 17 round 9mm semi-auto?
Originally Posted by miguel

+1

I havent done this in a long while, but for years my answer to all things liberal was to take them shooting. Guns are fun. They arent dirty (well, my ML are but i digress...) and they arent bad or mean.

Worked wonders, but i wonder if it still worked. How many still see the light?
My favorite response these days is that it isnt about need. You dont need 6 cylinders, you dont need 3000 calories a day, you dont need a 6 pack per week, you dont need much of anything...

It isnt about need. It is about individual liberty, and once its gone it doesnt come back.
Let me guess, he drives a monster truck?
Ask him why any one needs a bass boat, a Porsche, a summer home, or a 6 bedroom house?

There's really no need for them..............folks just want them
+1 wyote. Take away something he has and see him squeal. Hurts when it is your property they are taking. Tell him every shooter was a demo so we should outlaw demo's.
First ask him to define "need"

He'll give you some bullshit definition that includes some kind of "extreme hardship"

Then ask him why women "need" the right to an abortion when they can give a baby up for adoption after they give birth

Then ask him why criminals "need" a jury trial in cases where the evidence is overwhelmingly against them

Then ask him why we "need" to allow voting without requiring I.D.

Then ask him why black people "need" to be able to ride at the front of a bus

Of course, the answer to all of those questions, including the magazine ban one, is that "need" is an undefinable term that depends solely on the person in the situation, and the only justification that "needs" to be given is that it is our constitutional right

He may not "need" a hi cap magazine, but then again, as a man, I don't "need" the right to an abortion. That doesn't mean they don't exist.
Just ask him if he NEEDS all his teeth to suck pea soup through a [bleep] straw.

Gunner
You need it in case more than 10 liberals like him try to take it away.

I like that one.

Also advise him that since LE has no responsibility for your safety, and you are responsible for your own, why is it he feels you should not be equipped with the same tools as LE to deal with a potential threat.

And of course there's the real argument that these tools are the best ones to deal with a tyranical government...the real basis for the 2nd.

This also works sometimes. Once they get out and actually shoot a gun with a knowledgeable person, they seem much more open to discussing them logically and listening with interest to what you have to say. I have a friend (worked together for years, good guy, so it was inevitable we hung out, but he is a libtard) who was very anti-gun. His sister committed suicide with one, and that was largely (other than his political leaning) the reason he was so much against them. Another buddy and I took him shooting once. He is always asking when we are going again. He's been out with us a dozen times now, and much to the shock and dismay of his family, has even brought his 14 year old daughter along lately. I taught her to shoot just as I did him. She loves it, and is quite the good shot. Both are very interested in it now, and he has really changed his tune on guns and gun control. Still can't get him to stop voting for Obama, but small steps!
Here is the position I take with my liberal coworkers about this issue.

There is no meaningful disadvantage to a bad guy restricting him to 10 rd mags. Magazines are very fast to swap, anybody with shooting experience understands this. A bad guy that is prepared and wanting to shoot up a bunch of people can walk in with a bag full of 10rd mags and be at no disadvantage.

Meanwhile the only real line of defense against these shooters is the good citizens with a concealed handgun. Since by nature, the good guys are law abiding, they will only have a 10rd mag in their pistol to take down the bad guy. Most people that carry concealed do not carry multiple magazines as they are that much harder to conceal and they don't carry a bag full of spares like the bad guy.

So just like all the other feelgood ineffective restrictions, you are only making the problem worse by restricting the capability of the good guys. To add that, any possible ban on mags will only result in the good guy following the law and the bad guy will not. There are literally millions of high cap mags in circulation, so the bad guys will most likely have them even if they are completely illegal.
AMEN
Inviting a hardcore anti-gunner to go shooting may seem like a great idea, but it would be like him offering you a snort of cocaine - the offer's not gonna be accepted. He'd say something like, "I've never touched a gun and never will."
To directly answer the OP, I always suggest to them that instead of limiting guns, we just make murder illegal. He'll always respond that murder is already illegal, and then I reply, "And your gun idea will be exactly as effective."
Originally Posted by RWE

Because, in the heat of the moment, I may miss.

Apparently these folks have never been in a stressful life and death situation.

It ain't the freakin movies where the good guy bust cranium with every shot.

This^^^^^^^^
You might point out that magazine restrictions were in place during the Columbine killings with little effect. 15 dead and 21 injured.
I tend to take two approaches.

One is that I want to run out of ammo after the person trying to kill me does.

The other is the civil rights approach. As said before, did minorities need to sit in the front of the bus or eat in all restaurants? Your wanting to deny me my Constitutional rights is like racists wanting to deny minorities their rights. The right to keep and bear arms is a civil right for which you liberals should fight as hard as you did for the civil rights of all citizens to ride and eat where they desired.
My personal feeling is that firearms owners are always on the defensive, trying to defend our rights. I feel we need to start playing offense. Tell your liberal comrade that magazine capacity isn't the issue - opening up the machine gun registry to newly manufactured machine guns is what we need to be looking at.
Originally Posted by walt501
opening up the machine gun registry

We should not have a machine gun registry at all. We should go after that.
The easiest way to address this matter is to put it in terms that can understand and relate to. He doesn't need multiple sports channels so lets just limit it to one channel. He doesn't need to use his cell phone in the car, we all know it causes more deaths than DUI, so lets modify cell phones to they do not function in any vehicle. He doesn't even really need a car as he can carpool or maybe take the bus so lets limit car ownership as we all know it is killing gaia or mother.

Most folks would have a cow if thy govt. limited many of the privileges we take for granted yet don't even wince we they talk about restricting a right. Sometimes when they see the fallacy of limiting a privilege or complain about hindering their "freedom" you can point out that those "freedoms" are not rights. And of they complain about privileges then they should be even more concerned about rights. You can always see how they like the notion of restricting the press or hindering your right to trial, etc and draw a parallel.
I'm always dumbfounded that the antis are sure a criminal is going to follow certain gun laws as he's about to go on a shooting rampage. It would be funny if it weren't so sickening.

Gun Law--"No higher than a 10round magazine."

Bad Guy--"Well I don't want to get in any trouble, so I guess I'm not gonna go shoot a bunch of people with my AR."

Gun Law--"That's the spirit. See I actually work".

Bad Guy--"On second thought, why don't I just get 15 mags that hold 10 each"

Gun Law--"Assault Weapons are Banned!"

Bad Guy--"Ok, I'll just shoot em up with my Glock that holds 15"

Gun Law--"Damn!! I really don't make sense do I"

Bad Guy--"No [bleep] Einstein!"

Clyde
Pack of wolves, coyotes, any thing more than 2. You will need to take out the pack.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
To directly answer the OP, I always suggest to them that instead of limiting guns, we just make murder illegal. He'll always respond that murder is already illegal, and then I reply, "And your gun idea will be exactly as effective."

Rocky, maybe just a little adjustment needed. Regarding the part about murder-"It is already illegal" "SO let me know how THAT works out for ya!" Just enough sarcasm to bite.
The only way to answer a lib like that is to equate it to something they like to do and strip it away. Your Lib friend probably drinks or smokes. Just tell him he can no longer by a six pack and to purchase any alcohol at all he will have to register as an alcohol drinker. Tell him that he will only be entitled to one 12 oz beer/equivilant bottle of wine in a 24 hour time period. Tell him that he is stopped and caught with alcohol that is beyond his legal limit and that he did not legally purchase, it is a felony offense or whatever you want it to be. Auto suspension of driving privledges for 6 months. You have to screw with them on their level.
Cattle stamped. Enemy invasion of US.
But I have found no matter how good, how logical, or have correct your answer is they still will not believe you. Just like they believe Obama does not lie.
Here is five reasons why:
http://jpfo.org/rabbi/five-reasons.htm

good stuff indeed, but I always use my wife as my example

I used to guide and would be gone from 4-6 weeks at a time when our kids were small.

our bedroom is upstairs, kids bedrooms are downstairs, we live a little remote, specially back then before more development took place, we were surrounded by 9 acres of woods.

she has a handgun safe, that used to contain a .38 police positive as that was what I taught her to shoot with, a surefire flashlight and a prepaid cellphone in the little safe under our bed.

now that same safe contains all the same items but with a Glock 22 with a 15 round magazine instead, tritium night sights and lasermax laser guide rod, we purchased it many moons ago while our kids were still small. A panic button alarm is high up on the wall, to wake the kids and for them to go to the safe, hiding room downstairs and lock the door from the inside.

evidence is out there for anyone that is willing to read, our "trained" LEO often expend numerous rounds for every hit on bad guys.

why? I think because of stress, in highly stressful situations such as combat, form and training often go out the window and adrenaline and muscle memory take over.

in the event of a home invasion, I don't think my wife should be forced to have to switch magazines until absolutely necessary.

I always told her, if the dogs are barking and you hear something crashing through our door, first dial 9-11 and fire 3 rounds through our bedroom ceiling.

the way our house is positioned, she could cover the stair well that leads to our kids bedrooms, and still have 12 rounds left before she ever had to worry about changing mags, hold the phone in one hand talking to the cops, and the pistol in the other ready to destroy anyone that headed downstairs or towards our bedroom.

the dogs are a big help as they will be on whomever decided to break in and she'll know by noise roughly where the perp(s) would be.

also you'll know if they shoot the dogs and how intent they are

my "hope" was by hearing the first 3 rounds go through the roof, most criminals would flee, however if they did not, you know you have to use deadly force because you're up against a determined enemy.

don't surrender your weapon for any reason, until cops are swarming the house

if two bad guys busted in, she's got 6 rounds for each (if she fired 3 into the ceiling)

based on the evidence, that's not a lot of rounds, and you can do the math, if there's 3 guys that's 4 rounds each, 4 only if 3 guys.

I see no reason why the actions of others that are criminal intended that she should be deprived of the most effective means to protect what she holds most dear, our children, by legislation of cowards.

in fact the mere instance of home invasions is telling imo, how many of those are performed by folks with squeaky clean records?

I'd say very few, I'd suggest (though I don't have evidence to support it) that most of them have been to advanced school for criminals, prison, at least once before.

that in itself is a proof positive that the criminal justice system that is supposed to protect the innocent like my wife and children has failed miserably to do so.

until they get that part of it figured out, please don't support legislation by cowards and those that can afford to live in ivory towers surrounded by bodyguards that leaves my wife or kids in a more vulnerable and difficult situation to protect what we hold most dear, our kids, our lives and our liberties.

my wife is a gentle being, no desire to shoot anyone, unless they would do harm to our kids.

I believe along with our last defense against a tyrannical gov't, it's what the 2nd intended, give the weak and the outnumbered a fighting chance to save those they love when faced with the most dire of consequences.

I curse a gov't or a people that would take steps to prevent my loving wife from protecting what she holds most dear because we choose to live in a more rural type setting.

Unless your co-worker is one of the liberal elites [doubtful], he is what Lenin referred to as a "useful idiot"......there is no way you can make him understand as his brain does not belong to him.
Originally Posted by ColdBore

Nothing will work.

Don't feed his appetite for argument, you will NEVER change his mind.

That's the ticket right there!
Your coworker seems to already know that firearms can be used to commit murder, so he is in fact arguing for a murder quota system (10 murders or less Ok, more than ten, not so much) instead of confronting the real issue of the perp. who commits the crime in the first place.

Not to mention the fact that murder has been illegal and immoral for thousands of years. Other than for the purpose of evidence, whatever weapon is used to commit the crime is irrelevant.

To the libtard:
1: We don't need high capacity magazines or "assault weapons" any more than Rosa Parks "needed" to sit in the front of the bus. It's about rights and just like Rosa Parks we're standing up for them.

2: If the White House and congress were controlled by republicans and they wanted to narrow abortion would you trust them?

Cars with gas tanks over two gallons are a fire hazard.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Marty: In cases like this, I like to retort GFY. grin

I'm more than a little disappointed it took four posts to get to this answer.

Why are you wasting your time (and ours) trying to have a battle of wits with an [unarmed and brainless] person!!??

The person you described strikes me as incredibly DANGEROUS to your job security and level of productivity!

Twas me, whenever I saw that guy I'd go the other way.

And if he was harrassing me because of my views, I'd tell him we'd have to agree to disagree and to stop [bugging] me!

PLUS anyone else who gets involved with your argument ("discussion") is NOT going to be on the sensible or conservative side, esp the HR department.

Methinks it could be disasterous if the HR department was aware you two are bantering "politics" at work. wink (I speak from experience too)

But a counter comment? Tell him "personal respomsibility" is a big deal to you! Like putting in a full day's work (maybe he'd take the hint and concentrate on his work area?)

Without humiliating or embarressing him, - however you say or convey those points, maybe you could also add "that those killer-criminal-shooters sure didn't believe in their personal responsibility, did they!?"

Ask him how he could possibly know how many rounds a person needs in any firearm whatsoever. Then tell him that if he would really like to know.....take a stroll through the nastiest section of a really bad place and if he's able to make it back.....ask how it worked out for him. Then, point out to him that those real scary dudes in that nasty section of town, have 2 legs and can go where ever they want to do their bad deeds. They aren't stuck in one place. This is just a start.
It's not a matter of need but here goes.

When the verdict came in on the Rodney King officers there were mobs of killers/looters & city burners running wild through the streets and stores.

Ask him what he wants in his hands when he looks up and sees a mob of armed killers running toward him with bricks, bats and gasoline.

-Then find a very old Black couple and ask them what they wanted in their hands when the original white sheeted terrorists came for a visit.

-Any gang member will tell you one of the initiation rites is to commit a truly outstanding felony. Just because they have chosen to commit these felonies on themselves is no reason to think they will never get around to the unarmed. What does this guy want in his hands when the gang bangers come for his daughter & wife.

If he brushes you off with "that was in the past" or some such nonsense just leave him standing there. He has no interest in reason. He's just food for the predatory. You can't reason with food.
I got in the same "discussion" with my employer. when he said I don't need a 30 round magazine I told him he didn't need a 72' Hatteras twin diesel engined sport fisher either then told him to GFY.

ML
The only thing I can come up with involves a long cuffed welding glove filled with lead shot and a lot of screaming and crying.

Sorry, I'm so old fashioned.
it is my birth right as an American, then tell him GFY!
Invite him to familiarize himself with the 2nd amendment, its intent and history. That wil explain why we need high capacity magazines. If he still doesnt get it forget about him, hes a lemming.
Gotta keep all this ammo somewhere. It might as well be loaded in clips.
Why do we need cars that do 100 mph? Nobody "needs" to go more than 50mph to get where they need to go.

Tell him to head on down to the Mexican border and tell those folks what they need.

Nice. smile
I still can't figure out how somebody that is pro-gun doesn't know how to state their reasons for being pro-gun.

Can somebody tell me why I don't like abortion?

Tanqueray is wonderful. Can somebody tell me why I like Tanqueray?

Travis
There are two arguments.

The first is to point out what happened in LA and other cities a few years ago when hordes of people started burning things down and generally raising hell. You would need assault rifles, large cap mags and lots of ammunition to survive.

The second is to point out the real purpose of the 2nd amendment is to enable the citizens to fight tyranny. The people who wrote the constitution and the 2nd had just fought against tyranny and gun grabbers and wanted to ensure that the citizens could fight against tyranny if it was required. Furthermore, when you consider Obama's numerous violations of the constitution and the support progressives fascists provide him it's clear that we are likely to need to need our guns to fight against tyranny again soon.
Just figured out what GFY means.. I must be as dull as my wife says I am. GFY sounds like an excellent answer.
Originally Posted by deflave
Can somebody tell me why I like Tanqueray?

Travis

Because you like the taste of pine needles? sick grin
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
Just figured out what GFY means.. I must be as dull as my wife says I am. GFY sounds like an excellent answer.

GFY.

Travis
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Originally Posted by deflave
Can somebody tell me why I like Tanqueray?

Travis

Because you like the taste of pine needles? sick grin

Maybe. I don't know. Somebody tell me. GFY.

Travis

Tell him his 1st amendment is limited to one word.
Originally Posted by Bowbldr
Give it a try for a few days and get back to us. Jobless, divorced and in intensive care should be a good story.
Do you need a car that goes 100mph?
Do you need a cell phone with internet?

Originally Posted by RichardAustin

Tell him his 1st admentment is limited to one word.

That is the right analogy. If he is willing to limit his free speech to 10 words, his freedom of association to 10 acquantances, his freedom of religion to 10 church visits.......
Since liberals seem to get everything wrong, explain to him it is not a Bill of Needs, it is a Bill of Rights. And for any of their bs about "the founders never forsaw assult weapons" etcs, you could further explain that what the Bill of Rights address' is not guns but human nature, which hasn't changed sine recorded history.
Just say, what the heck gives you the right to decide what I can or cannot have?
Because they don't make a 31 round one?

In my life I have found that some people only listen to a dark alley and a lump of wood.

...don't get caught.
A perfectly valid, and good counter argument you seek? In this case, a decisive punch in the [bleep]' head sounds about right. Carry on.
In the highly unlikely event that he is willing to listen to a logical answer, try pointing out specific data that can be verified. Most of these people believe that LEOs are well trained and practice weekly. Some do. But point out that even among the NYPD the average number of shots fired per incident for police is 10.3. Send him here NYPD - Shooting Report Try to explain that in the middle of the night with 2 or 3 people breaking into your home, you need standard capacity (15 to 20 rounds) magazines to be able to protect your family.

Or you could tell him to GFY.

Bob
On our ranch, we often run into groups of poachers who are running hog dogs. We shoot the dogs on sight. Once, three of the poachers confronted my brother after he slaughtered their dogs who were running our livestock. He felt much better with his trusty AK loaded with a 30 rounds when he told them to get the [bleep] off our ranch. They were pissed and armed and the sheriff was at least 15 minutes away.

If the food supply gets jacked up from disaster or financial meltdown, then city dwellers or others (read between the lines) may try to forcibly take our cows. We are prepared with to defend our herd with our battle rifles and full combat load outs. I have enough ammo to hold out for a long time.

If we have to check the leviathan in the future we will need those weapons and magazines. They will say you can't defeat a superpower. I say they don't understand asymmetrical warfare and need to look at Iraq and Afghanistan to see what groups with reasonable resolve can accomplish. We had to buy them off to stop the killing in Iraq. We didn't beat them even with all our tanks and air power.

Take him to middle of Harlem or one of the Gang Streets of Chicago in the middle of the night and throw his ass out with a five shot revolver and get his opinion of how many rounds a pistol should hold if he survive
© 24hourcampfire