Home
I have been using Photobucket for years and now with their new/improved site, I can't do a damn thing, including ask them any questions of why and how...

HELP!
I believe you have the option to remain with the old format.
No issues here shrapnel...worked fine this afternoon.
Originally Posted by add
There is a spot that you can click to go back to the old format.
Originally Posted by eh76
No issues here shrapnel...worked fine this afternoon.
I like the new Photobucket, but went back to the old format because it was too hard to navigate back to my older pics. More than likely there was a way and I was too impatient to learn it.
I use Hunt 101... no problems...a lot simplier
Less than impressed with the new version. I certainly don't find it user friendly,
New version sucks IMHO!
Same here. I'm new to it, but it didn't take me long to go back to the old version.

Bob
Just got notice that going back to the old version is no longer allowed........I checked one of my accounts and all the photos are missing........
I got an email from them today, said I HAD to go to the new format as the old one was being taken down. New one SUX.
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by add
There is a spot that you can click to go back to the old format.

I used to be able to click back to the old site, but can't find the option to do that any more...
I have to old version for now. There is a banner saying they will move to the new one in 25 days.

I found it hard to find the link to post pictures here on the new version.
Guess I ain't sharp enough to be able to tell much difference as I have used mine several times in the last two days.

Don't give up!
I have been fooling around with the 'new format', and after an hour, I think I have it figured out.
Sure is different.
I can't get the new version to work at all...

Photobucket Phail
I can still make it work, but you have to go through an awful lot of crap to get it done.

Paul
I stayed with the old version. Simple is good.

Eric
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I have been using Photobucket for years and now with their new/improved site, I can't do a damn thing, including ask them any questions of why and how...

HELP!

Was thinking, "is it just me?" Cannot move a pic from there to here.
Originally Posted by EricM
I stayed with the old version.

On my page there is no way to do that.
Here's an automated response, in part, I just got:

Hello,

We are no longer providing the option to opt-out of the new Photobucket website.

Our engineers need to focus on shutting down the old site, so that work can be done to finish optimizing the new one. Shutting down the old site will allow us to speed up the new site dramatically, and provide us with more time to work on features. Our engineers have worked hard over the past few months to get many of the same features added to the new site, while also providing a few new ones. Some of the features you used previously may not be available just yet, but they'll be coming very soon.
One could stay with the original version during the beta testing phase. I believe they have made the transition now and one can not go back. I was unhappy with the beta version because it was extremely slow. Presently, other than some subtle changes, the new one seems to be working just fine now.
Yes, me too. New version sucks. I can't copy and paste anymore. Anyone know how to do that...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it boys...............
[Linked Image]
Works for me, with the new format. Feel free to pm me if you want to know how I did it. I refuse to share info that hunter01 [bleep] might use.
Use imgur.

No captcha.

If you want albums, Picasa web albums.

You're welcome.
Click on a picture in your library.

It comes up as a big one,

Right hand side you will see UPDATE Link Options, click that.

Once there click the Turn on Easy Linking

And now you are done
Or in the top right corner of each photo when you hover over it you will see a gear. Hover over that and you will see link options and you will get an img code.
I am still using the legacy site, but it carries a note that the accounts will be moved to the new site in nineteen days.
It's time to make the switch.
Hurry! We're only 19 days away from moving over to the new site. Get started with your new Photobucket and lock in your bonus storage today!

I recently got an E-mail from Photbucket. They told me that all of our concerns with the new site had been addressed and cured.

I suppose I might as well move over and get used to the new system.
I've had no issue with it..........just a different feel.

MM
Will Perma Virtual inrfraware, imbedded in my spikedisk conflict? I've heard if you try that, which is utilized in 42% of today's computers that it will fry the solid drive.
Run a Lotus scrub first and you'll be fine.
I'll see if the wife has one laying around the tub.
She does...
Yep, this is from the new site.

Move curser over little gear icon on upper left corner of thumbnail image.

Left click on "get links"

Left click on the image code when it is displayed.

Right click mouse on this page as you write reply.

Left click "paste"

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by hunter01
Yes, me too. New version sucks. I can't copy and paste anymore. Anyone know how to do that...

If it ain't broke, don't fix it boys...............

Speaking of worthless....

Never used PB but thought I'd try. Looks like is is working. A little bit clumsy to me but but I suppose it would become pretty easy with a little practice.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

test

Eric

HOW?

Can't figure it out.

Despise the new version.
[Linked Image]

If this works, Thanks Steelhead.
I need to figure out how to move all my photos out of Photobucket and into a new hosting site. I hate their new format. It doesn't let us find a particular photo easily.

Computer nerds can't leave well enough alone. They seem to need to tweak and change things that work. "Simple" to them can be a nightmare for ordinary people. smirk smirk
Dang. New version way different for mobile.
My main problem with it is the Desktop. It comes up on my screen as soon as I click on Firefox. You are supposed to be able to "drag and drop" folders from your desktop to it and they upload automatically.

But.. the damn thing takes up half the screen and you cannot drag anything across it.

It's a wonder I'm doing as well as I am with it.grin
It took me about 20X as long to get to this picture than on the old site.

GREAT GD Improvement!! mad

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by add

Tried that option !!!! Screen went blank each & every time.

Denny
I can download and post pictures but I can't get the album to display all my pictures I have stored. The old site had a "View All" feature and I could bring all the pictures up, now I can only go back a couple pages. How do you view your entire album???
Today (2-13-2013) I made two efforts with two machines - one using DSL and the second a T line. The new version comes up, and now the option is to "view library" instead of "view all" in an album. It now takes about 5 or 6 minutes for the thumbnails to download and in both instances I simply ran out of patience. To quit midstream I had to go to the Windows taskbar and force a shutdown.

I still don't know if I can post an image from there or not.

What ever changes they made have resulted in about a 95% decline it it's download efficiency for my PC. Maybe the tweak has enhanced folks with tablets or smart phones, but it was a horrid step back for my PC's. I will start looking elsewhere for my image hosting.

Edited: Mouse clicks on the image codes imply that they've been copied, but I can not get the codes to paste into a 24 Hr thread. Looks like they f--ked up a good thing. Progress I guess?

Edited again:
My mouse clicks copy the codes but the mouse click paste option will not place the code in the thread. Going up to the Internet Explorer bar, clicking on "edit" and then "paste" will put the image code in and things work fine.

Now, I am not sure what the actual issue is. My machines executed some Adobe upgrades today and I also experienced the Photobucket switch. With two manipulations, I don't know who or what to blame. I'm going to shut down, reboot, and see if that fixes anything.

[Linked Image]

Edited one more time: A shutdown and reboot seems to have fixed my mouse click copy and paste functions. All is well except Photo bucket seems to still be quite slow.

I am still running with the old version.

What else out there is user friendly?

I don't have the patients for idiots insistent on fixing chit that ain't broke until it is.

Photobucket can KMA. I'll visit that sob one more time to delete my photos then they can go jump in a lake...

of fire.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I can download and post pictures but I can't get the album to display all my pictures I have stored. The old site had a "View All" feature and I could bring all the pictures up, now I can only go back a couple pages. How do you view your entire album???

Yes, no view all. Keep on scrolling down on, it seems you get to the bottom and only have 40 of your pictures, but give it a second or two and it will load another brace of pictures. The whole album is all the on one 'page', just keep scrolling to the bottom.

How fast all the pics load on your end also has much to do with RAM.
I really hope to Christ the road that many of you talk to Walmart isn't closed for construction one day. I can't imagine you having to find another way.

This [bleep] ain't tough, all one needs is to have a little smarts and play with it for a few minutes.

Of course getting all bent out of shape is another option that gets one far.
Scott,

I could get to the end of my album instantly with the old system. It takes 12-14 minutes now.

Have you seen the feedback they're getting, too? People pretty much hate the changes. It has become more cumbersome to use with all the new "features and improvements".
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Scott,

I could get to the end of my album instantly with the old system. It takes 12-14 minutes now.

Have you seen the feedback they're getting, too? People pretty much hate the changes. It has become more cumbersome to use with all the new "features and improvements".

Yup +P

Snappy, simple, smart-sounding answers are often just that... I'm fairly computer savvy, college degree, blah, blah... the new format sucks.
as an IT guy who has been around web administration since before al gore invented the internet, i have to say that the new photobucket site is the worst "improvement" i have ever seen a site take. yes its useable, but the old format was much more intuitive. seems slower too. but its free.

Eric

+1
As I wrote, still running on the ol' bucket.
Well, since you have to go to the new 0ne in 17 days, I elected to do the switch. It's somewhat easier than last summer, when they wanted you to try it. I successfully copied some pics down in the small game section, but haven't tried to upload any pics to PB, yet. I agree, the old format was fine, and don't know why they needed to "improve" it. Somehow I suspicion it was done because of facebook/twitter/iphones, etc. Oh well......

maddog
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
Use imgur.

No captcha.

If you want albums, Picasa web albums.

You're welcome.

Picasa is Spyware. Steer clear.

Your welcome.
Seems to me Photobucket's 'improvements' have been nothing more than making us 'see' advertisements. By slowing down our ability to quickly get to the photo we want, it makes us see more ads. Who here has EVER bought anything they were forced to see through methods such as these? Surely not me, AAMOF I usually make it a point to avoid at all costs EVERYTHING I find in this manner.

I'd use another hosting site if I could find one that offers as much space and pic size as PB does. The slow down because of the scripting and forced ads is extremely annoying and I do not know if a paid subscription rids a user of any of it.

But the search for a better alternative continues as I HATE their new layout and forced advertizing!
It's still operating for me, but I need something else to do while waiting for it to make it's way to the end of an album. I'd say about 10 or 15% of the speed it used to have. When I do run out of patience it's quite difficult to get it to shut down.

Anyone noticed a link on their system where one can leave them some feedback?
Originally Posted by Salmonella

Eric

+1

I got a message that they are going to eliminate the old version.
© 24hourcampfire