-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I need to figure out how to move all my photos out of Photobucket and into a new hosting site. I hate their new format. It doesn't let us find a particular photo easily.

Computer nerds can't leave well enough alone. They seem to need to tweak and change things that work. "Simple" to them can be a nightmare for ordinary people. smirk smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang. New version way different for mobile.

Last edited by pira114; 02/13/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My main problem with it is the Desktop. It comes up on my screen as soon as I click on Firefox. You are supposed to be able to "drag and drop" folders from your desktop to it and they upload automatically.

But.. the damn thing takes up half the screen and you cannot drag anything across it.

It's a wonder I'm doing as well as I am with it.grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It took me about 20X as long to get to this picture than on the old site.

GREAT GD Improvement!! mad

[Linked Image]

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
I believe you have the option to remain with the old format.

Tried that option !!!! Screen went blank each & every time.

Denny

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I can download and post pictures but I can't get the album to display all my pictures I have stored. The old site had a "View All" feature and I could bring all the pictures up, now I can only go back a couple pages. How do you view your entire album???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Today (2-13-2013) I made two efforts with two machines - one using DSL and the second a T line. The new version comes up, and now the option is to "view library" instead of "view all" in an album. It now takes about 5 or 6 minutes for the thumbnails to download and in both instances I simply ran out of patience. To quit midstream I had to go to the Windows taskbar and force a shutdown.

I still don't know if I can post an image from there or not.

What ever changes they made have resulted in about a 95% decline it it's download efficiency for my PC. Maybe the tweak has enhanced folks with tablets or smart phones, but it was a horrid step back for my PC's. I will start looking elsewhere for my image hosting.

Edited: Mouse clicks on the image codes imply that they've been copied, but I can not get the codes to paste into a 24 Hr thread. Looks like they f--ked up a good thing. Progress I guess?

Edited again:
My mouse clicks copy the codes but the mouse click paste option will not place the code in the thread. Going up to the Internet Explorer bar, clicking on "edit" and then "paste" will put the image code in and things work fine.

Now, I am not sure what the actual issue is. My machines executed some Adobe upgrades today and I also experienced the Photobucket switch. With two manipulations, I don't know who or what to blame. I'm going to shut down, reboot, and see if that fixes anything.

[Linked Image]

Edited one more time: A shutdown and reboot seems to have fixed my mouse click copy and paste functions. All is well except Photo bucket seems to still be quite slow.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/14/13.

1Minute
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am still running with the old version.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What else out there is user friendly?

I don't have the patients for idiots insistent on fixing chit that ain't broke until it is.

Photobucket can KMA. I'll visit that sob one more time to delete my photos then they can go jump in a lake...

of fire.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
I can download and post pictures but I can't get the album to display all my pictures I have stored. The old site had a "View All" feature and I could bring all the pictures up, now I can only go back a couple pages. How do you view your entire album???

Yes, no view all. Keep on scrolling down on, it seems you get to the bottom and only have 40 of your pictures, but give it a second or two and it will load another brace of pictures. The whole album is all the on one 'page', just keep scrolling to the bottom.

How fast all the pics load on your end also has much to do with RAM.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I really hope to Christ the road that many of you talk to Walmart isn't closed for construction one day. I can't imagine you having to find another way.

This [bleep] ain't tough, all one needs is to have a little smarts and play with it for a few minutes.

Of course getting all bent out of shape is another option that gets one far.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scott,

I could get to the end of my album instantly with the old system. It takes 12-14 minutes now.

Have you seen the feedback they're getting, too? People pretty much hate the changes. It has become more cumbersome to use with all the new "features and improvements".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Scott,

I could get to the end of my album instantly with the old system. It takes 12-14 minutes now.

Have you seen the feedback they're getting, too? People pretty much hate the changes. It has become more cumbersome to use with all the new "features and improvements".

Yup +P

Snappy, simple, smart-sounding answers are often just that... I'm fairly computer savvy, college degree, blah, blah... the new format sucks.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
as an IT guy who has been around web administration since before al gore invented the internet, i have to say that the new photobucket site is the worst "improvement" i have ever seen a site take. yes its useable, but the old format was much more intuitive. seems slower too. but its free.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EricM
I stayed with the old version. Simple is good.

Eric

+1

Proud NRA Life Member
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
As I wrote, still running on the ol' bucket.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, since you have to go to the new 0ne in 17 days, I elected to do the switch. It's somewhat easier than last summer, when they wanted you to try it. I successfully copied some pics down in the small game section, but haven't tried to upload any pics to PB, yet. I agree, the old format was fine, and don't know why they needed to "improve" it. Somehow I suspicion it was done because of facebook/twitter/iphones, etc. Oh well......

maddog

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by JustOneGunner
Use imgur.

No captcha.

If you want albums, Picasa web albums.

You're welcome.

Picasa is Spyware. Steer clear.

Your welcome.
Seems to me Photobucket's 'improvements' have been nothing more than making us 'see' advertisements. By slowing down our ability to quickly get to the photo we want, it makes us see more ads. Who here has EVER bought anything they were forced to see through methods such as these? Surely not me, AAMOF I usually make it a point to avoid at all costs EVERYTHING I find in this manner.

I'd use another hosting site if I could find one that offers as much space and pic size as PB does. The slow down because of the scripting and forced ads is extremely annoying and I do not know if a paid subscription rids a user of any of it.

But the search for a better alternative continues as I HATE their new layout and forced advertizing!

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's still operating for me, but I need something else to do while waiting for it to make it's way to the end of an album. I'd say about 10 or 15% of the speed it used to have. When I do run out of patience it's quite difficult to get it to shut down.

Anyone noticed a link on their system where one can leave them some feedback?

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by EricM
I stayed with the old version. Simple is good.

Eric

+1

I got a message that they are going to eliminate the old version.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,036
Posts18,481,953
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.