Home
Posted By: RatFink Decoy Urn - 02/27/13
Fellas - I'm looking for a Duck Decoy Urn. I have to put my beloved bird dog down next week and want to give her a nice memorial by putting her in an urn to take hunting once a year. I found a couple online but looking for more options. Anyone know any carvers or carve decoys themselves?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Check out duck hunting chat.com. Or if you are on Facebook. Try Susquehanna decoy exchange
Let me know what you find. That sounds like a really cool idea.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Not cheap by any means:

http://urnsnw.com/products/Mallard-Duck-Urn.html

http://www.wildlifeurn.com/
Thank you Lynn. I like that idea. And I know I'm going to be facing the same problem, while not soon. Not nearly far enough down the road
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
I wonder if they make a pheasant or chucker style. Beats the heck out of a plain pine box.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Why the [bleep] would anyone want to be kept around in an urn?
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Dammit Stealhead, the mans paying trubute to a beloved animal. Why do you have to rain on every bodies parade?
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'm gonna be put in a coffee can, I always liked coffee, but it's just temporary.

instructions are for the boys to haul my ashes to a little spot marked on the map in the Brooks range.

turn my ashes loose and tell the world "Dad says blow me!"
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Somebody once told me they wanted their ashes loaded up in some shotgun shells (along with the lead shot) so that their friends could "spread" their ashes during dove season....
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

I'm gonna be put in a coffee can, I always liked coffee, but it's just temporary.

instructions are for the boys to haul my ashes to a little spot marked on the map in the Brooks range.

turn my ashes loose and tell the world "Dad says blow me!"

I've got a spot picked out just a bit further south to have my ashes spread. "Unique Mountain." You see moose and you nique up on them. It's my place of piece.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
I want my ashes taken to the top of Dinas Bran (North Wales, UK) and thrown out over the Vale, with a smidge saved to be poured into the River Dee below

I don't think it is going to be a bad view at all smile
[Linked Image] .

Posted By: calikooknic Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
My mom's name is Earnestine. She wants to be put in an urn with the inscription, " An Earnie burned, is an Earnie urned".
Posted By: gnnrsig40 Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
http://www.perfectmemorials.com/?gclid=CLu5857_2LUCFQwFnQodA38ANQ
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Dammit Stealhead, the mans paying trubute to a beloved animal. Why do you have to rain on every bodies parade?

Sorry, I forgot to check with you first. Did I say [bleep] about his dog old man?
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
GD prick

GFY with a tire iron
Posted By: RatFink Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Steelhead -

I would like to keep my dogs ashes in a decoy Urn to take her hunting once a year. What's wrong with that? She deserves better than what you will most likely end up as, which will probably be a lifeless carcass dumped into a pigpen to be turned into greasy pig [bleep]. Eat [bleep] and die Mr. Douchebag.
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
Originally Posted by RatFink
Steelhead -

I would like to keep my dogs ashes in a decoy Urn to take her hunting once a year. What's wrong with that? She deserves better than what you will most likely end up as, which will probably be a lifeless carcass dumped into a pigpen to be turned into greasy pig [bleep]. Eat [bleep] and die Mr. Douchebag.
very well said sir
Posted By: WyoCowboy Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
I wanted to do something like that but ended up with my old dog in an Ammo Can, I kind of want to be stored in an ammo can too
Thanks for the replies and ideas. I was blessed and honored to be the master of a wonderful Labrador Retriever that has put a lot of birds on the dinner table and a lot of great memories in my head. The least I can do is give her a proper send off worthy of what she has done to enlighten my life. Her name is Suzie and she loved to hunt ducks. IMO there is nothing more fitting than a hen mallard decoy to hold some of her ashes that I can take on a memorial hunt every year in her honor.
Posted By: benchman Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
I carve the occasional decoy, but could not do it for less than the ones listed already. Since they are specifically made for your purpose, I think they would be the way to go. If cost is a factor, I would just get a nice cork decoy, cut it at the water line, hollow it, and insert a suitable (waterproof) container with the ashes. Seal it with Marine Tex, and touch up the paint.
Thanks for the idea Benchman. That's pretty much where this quest is headed now. For hunting purposes a hollowed cedar or cork decoy would work best as well. I have a lead on a local guy that might be able to help me craft my own which would be really cool. He has all of the tools and had made hollow cedar decoys before.
Posted By: benchman Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
That's what I would do. Heck, too bad you're so far away - I would do the coaching thing for you too! I actually think a nice used deke would be better than something spanking new. Coupla shot holes and a bit of duck blood would be fitting. Too bad he didn't chew one up when he was a pup - that would be PERFECT!!! I think it is a very thoughtful idea. The darn dogs sure get to ya....
Originally Posted by RatFink
Steelhead -

Where did I say anything about your dog, you inbred, non-reading comprehension, SOB?

Guessing you'll be bringing a jar of peanut butter too.
Originally Posted by Seminole39
GD prick

GFY with a tire iron

Sorry if that's what daddy did to you, but get over it bitch.
Posted By: jnyork Re: Decoy Urn - 02/28/13
I think the OP has a wonderful idea and I hope he gets it done.

I have had quite enough of this "Steelhead" idiot, off he goes to my "ignore" list. smirk
Posted By: Seminole39 Re: Decoy Urn - 03/01/13
Originally Posted by Seminole39
GD prick

GFY with a tire iron

Sorry if that's what daddy did to you, but get over it bitch.
If you're looking for a bitch, you are barking up the wrong tree Princess

I however can offer to bring you down a few notches. If you wanna ride this bull, go ahead... I'm your Huckleberry

waiting
Posted By: rost495 Re: Decoy Urn - 03/01/13
geez Scott, unless i missed something you came across on the rag today on this comment.

Way off base IMHO. And due an apology on top of that.

Jeff
Posted By: inland44 Re: Decoy Urn - 03/01/13
RatFink,

Sorry for the loss of a true and good friend. My old pup is getting up there and I think about the day she wont be up to heading to the river or the field with me.

Ive not thought how I would want to remember her when the time comes. Your idea has really got me thinking of something similar.
The deke idea is great but I would hate to loose her in bad weather or for some other reason. Ive got some great pics of Jazz and I after some very memorable hunts. Im thinking of just a shelf with her ashes in a decoy and some pics in the gun room, though I would like to have her be a part of the hunt too, Im not sure.

As to Steelhead's comment...In poor taste.(IMO)
© 24hourcampfire