Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#7493379 02/27/13
RatFink Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Fellas - I'm looking for a Duck Decoy Urn. I have to put my beloved bird dog down next week and want to give her a nice memorial by putting her in an urn to take hunting once a year. I found a couple online but looking for more options. Anyone know any carvers or carve decoys themselves?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Check out duck hunting chat.com. Or if you are on Facebook. Try Susquehanna decoy exchange

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Let me know what you find. That sounds like a really cool idea.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thank you Lynn. I like that idea. And I know I'm going to be facing the same problem, while not soon. Not nearly far enough down the road

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder if they make a pheasant or chucker style. Beats the heck out of a plain pine box.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Why the [bleep] would anyone want to be kept around in an urn?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Dammit Stealhead, the mans paying trubute to a beloved animal. Why do you have to rain on every bodies parade?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

I'm gonna be put in a coffee can, I always liked coffee, but it's just temporary.

instructions are for the boys to haul my ashes to a little spot marked on the map in the Brooks range.

turn my ashes loose and tell the world "Dad says blow me!"

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Somebody once told me they wanted their ashes loaded up in some shotgun shells (along with the lead shot) so that their friends could "spread" their ashes during dove season....

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

I'm gonna be put in a coffee can, I always liked coffee, but it's just temporary.

instructions are for the boys to haul my ashes to a little spot marked on the map in the Brooks range.

turn my ashes loose and tell the world "Dad says blow me!"

I've got a spot picked out just a bit further south to have my ashes spread. "Unique Mountain." You see moose and you nique up on them. It's my place of piece.

Last edited by Akbob5; 02/27/13.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I want my ashes taken to the top of Dinas Bran (North Wales, UK) and thrown out over the Vale, with a smidge saved to be poured into the River Dee below

I don't think it is going to be a bad view at all smile
[Linked Image] .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My mom's name is Earnestine. She wants to be put in an urn with the inscription, " An Earnie burned, is an Earnie urned".

Sean
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Dammit Stealhead, the mans paying trubute to a beloved animal. Why do you have to rain on every bodies parade?

Sorry, I forgot to check with you first. Did I say [bleep] about his dog old man?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GD prick

GFY with a tire iron

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

RatFink Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Steelhead -

I would like to keep my dogs ashes in a decoy Urn to take her hunting once a year. What's wrong with that? She deserves better than what you will most likely end up as, which will probably be a lifeless carcass dumped into a pigpen to be turned into greasy pig [bleep]. Eat [bleep] and die Mr. Douchebag.

Last edited by RatFink; 02/28/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RatFink
Steelhead -

I would like to keep my dogs ashes in a decoy Urn to take her hunting once a year. What's wrong with that? She deserves better than what you will most likely end up as, which will probably be a lifeless carcass dumped into a pigpen to be turned into greasy pig [bleep]. Eat [bleep] and die Mr. Douchebag.
very well said sir

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wanted to do something like that but ended up with my old dog in an Ammo Can, I kind of want to be stored in an ammo can too

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
RatFink Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the replies and ideas. I was blessed and honored to be the master of a wonderful Labrador Retriever that has put a lot of birds on the dinner table and a lot of great memories in my head. The least I can do is give her a proper send off worthy of what she has done to enlighten my life. Her name is Suzie and she loved to hunt ducks. IMO there is nothing more fitting than a hen mallard decoy to hold some of her ashes that I can take on a memorial hunt every year in her honor.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

182 members (257robertsimp, 338reddog, 1minute, 300_savage, 16penny, 22 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,370
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.