Home
Posted By: gwindrider1 Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
In light of the assualt on our 2nd Ammendment rights by liberal legislators in Colorado who are ignoring the will of the citizens, I propose that every sportsman boycott the state.

It seems that the only thing that will get these people's attention is to hit them in the state's pocketbook.

What are your opinions on this subject?
Posted By: eh76 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
We are and my wife even agrees even though she enjoys the amenities if shopping and theater in Denver. I won't even drive through the State (changed my mind on that see below even better use the roads and facilities but don't spend a cent)
Posted By: exbiologist Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
not so fast, these laws may fail yet... doesn't change the fact that this state is changing though
Posted By: WyColoCowboy Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
First bill banning concealed carry on campuses just died.
emailed....to the senators listed in bcolorado's thread.

I don't live in your state but my wife & I spend quite a bit of money there shopping, on entertainment and traveling through. Rest assured if you pass the anti 2nd Amendment bills you currently have in the Senate we will not spend another cent there. I have enough fuel capacity to drive entirely through your state and fill up in New Mexico, thereby using your roads and restrooms free of charge for you to maintain. We are not the only ones who will do this. I think the economic impact will surprise you.

I think State Sen. Evie Hudak's comments to the young lady who was raped and Senator Jeanne Nicholson's treatment of a crowd gathered to discuss legislation with her are reprehensible at best. You need to remind your fellow legislators you are all are public servants, you do not rule.

It appears to me that all of the legislators in Colorado need to obtain a copy of the United States Constitution and read it until you actually understand it.

Some of you are bringing the ruination of a once great state.
Posted By: 1tnhunter Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
I was planning an elk hunt there but it looks like it's gonna be in MT. now!!
I don't think they understand the economic impact they are going to feel if they pass this crap.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
Although never a resident, for 50 years I have loved and really enjoyed Colorado - every minute of every hunt, fishing trip and camping/sightseeing venture - and almost all of every other hour and event there (except dealings with some of your UC "academics"). Had you asked a while back, I honestly would said that I could not see such a political travesty coming to the state.

I don't know - pro or con - about the idea of boycotts by travelers, but I am saddened and hope that the folks there can find ways to get a grip on the political downturn, and make it right.
Posted By: buffybr Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
Originally Posted by eh76
I don't think they understand the economic impact they are going to feel if they pass this crap.

I don't think they care. They just need to pass some "feel good" legislation that will do absolutely nothing to reduce crime.

I was a 3rd or 4th generation Native of Colorado, but I left there in 1978. My great-great grandfather was the first Territorial Representative to Congress from Colorado, and he was a key player in getting the Mint in Denver and in establishing some 300,000 acres of School Trust Lands in Colorado. I just wish he would have left his heirs an acre or so of downtown Denver.

I can't boycott Colorado without boycotting my family members that still live there, but I am boycotting Chicago and New York City. Do you think they are feeling the effect of my boycotts there?
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
I certainly sympathize with anyone who wants to boycott Colorado.

I feel like telling the legislature that if you are willing to let Magpul leave because of this well then are you willing to get rid of the Trinidad gunsmith program, and Cheyenne Mountain Shooting complex too?
They sure can't feel very welcome here at this point.

Firearms are woven into the culture of Southern Colorado by way of our corrections Industry, our veterans, our Western history, and our long hunting heritage. In many ways this WAS a shooters paradise.

We are proud of the Trinidad Jr College gunsmith program, oldest and largest in the US.
We have a great new public range at Ft Carson. Anyone who comes out here elk hunting should make it a point to stop and sight in there and check it out.
East of Pueblo, River�s Edge Outdoors is a world class sporting clays facility. Pueblo has some other great ranges also.
The NRA Whittington Center is a great neighbor to have just across the border.
Manufacturing companies like Magpul are as scarce as hen�s teeth these days. Colorado would not be able to replace those 200 good manufacturing jobs at any price. It�s not just the jobs they offer - it�s a good business to have all the way around.

This legislation is opposed by better than a 2 to 1 margin in the Pueblo area.

I�m still just stunned that this gang of mostly female liberal senators from the Denver/Boulder area can wield this much power while having no clue about what lies beyond their network of Starbucks cafes. These leftist Obamabots from Denver/Boulder want to pi$$ it all away ... and then turn it into a dope smoking haven.

Rant over.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
It is big talk for the most part. Most hunters probably aren't even paying attention to what is happening in CO. Not to mention over the counter for elk tags will keep people coming back.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
Always go to Colorado every year in the summer to escape the heat and humidity.

Wife and I have already agreed that Jackson Hole or Cody will be our destination this year.
Posted By: NathanL Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
I had a multi week trip planned late August/early September camping and backpacking in and around the South San Juan wilderness. I'll going to Wyoming instead.

I don't know if a boycott is the answer but I sure don't feel like rewarding them either.

A friend of mine does nurses on the road where he works 3-4 months at a location on the road as a trauma nurse along with his wife. Normally they come in and people take all their vacations etc...Denver was on his list and he said they just dropped it. He's been to Denver before and liked that the level 1 trauma unit was busy, but said there's other places he could go instead.
Posted By: test1328 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
I agree with those that want to boycott Colorado. I would too if I didn't live here. The sad part is, these people don't care about the economic impacts to the state. Magpul and some of their subcontractors are the only ones so far to say they will leave, but as others have said here, it wouldn't surprise me to see more leave and I don't blame them. However, it won't make a hill a beans of difference to the lib left that now control our state. They dont' care what it does to the state, they just want to "feel" safe. Total BS. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I could find a job elsewhere where it made sense to uproot my family.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/08/13
Dems hate free enterprise anyway. They would view it as a victory if any private company left.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
When I lived there you could walk about downtown Colorado Springs with a handgun in a holster on your hip and wouldn't get a second glance. Glad that I don't live there anymore.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
So are we.
Posted By: 30338 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Based on the wildly anti constitutionally written legislation, would one not think it can be overturned? And if the next round of elections does not get rid of this bunch of communists, then things will truly get sporty.

Listened to about 4 hours of testimony last night, good thing my computer is still intact. I was really proud of the conservatives arguments, thought they were well reasoned. We just need more of them and soon.
Oh and I am recommending every non resident to ski Utah and hunt elsewhere, just like I would if it was California or NY.
Posted By: dassa Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by NathanL
A friend of mine does nurses on the road where he works...

Nice gig if you can get it!
Posted By: deflave Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by huntsman22
So are we.

Laughin'...

Travis
Posted By: Spotshooter Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
How about writting instead of boycotting
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
On the local 10PM news last night they reported that Specialty Sports, which is a very large gun shop in Colorado Springs, would move if the legislation passes.
Specialty Sports had planned to open 2 more stores in Colorado but now will look elsewhere.

Also, the Outdoor Channel will cancel plans to film 4 episodes in Colorado.
Originally Posted by Alamosa
On the local 10PM news last night they reported that Specialty Sports, which is a very large gun shop in Colorado Springs, would move if the legislation passes.
Specialty Sports had planned to open 2 more stores in Colorado but now will look elsewhere.

Very good!
Hundreds of millions of dollars and thousands of jobs. Thank you communists.
Posted By: campcreek66 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13

What station reported this? I missed it..........
Originally Posted by campcreek66

It was James Jarmin - I'm pretty sure he is on KOAA.

Posted By: leftycarbon Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Good idea it will make it easier to get those hard to draw tags. Go for it.

Lefty C
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13

If true, it would be a tragic loss to Colorado, and especially the CS-Pueblo area. I've bought a lot of firearms from those folks- arguably the best-equipped firearms store in the state.

True or not, this assault on our firearms and the 2nd Amendment shouldn't be a call to 'boycott' the state- it should be a serious wakeup call to all gun owners, wherever they may reside. It's not over yet- midterm elections are not two years away.
The gun owners of this state have put up a spirited defense of their rights. With a liberal house and senate, it was an extreme uphill battle. My hope is that there are enough Democrats who are also gun owners, who blindly voted for these gun-grabber politicians, who will now wake up and vote to protect their rights.
Posted By: McInnis Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
I agree with Bighorn. By all means, boycott the hell out of Denver and Boulder. But a state wide boycott will hurt a lot of people who are our friends and need our help.

I own some property in Custer County, CO, and hope to retire there some day. It's for the most part made up of good folks. In a recent townhall meeting the sheriff told the residents there that he had more important things to do than "counting bullets". In other words, he had no plans to enforce new gun regulations.
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Good idea it will make it easier to get those hard to draw tags. Go for it.

Lefty C

hunting will be next on the chopping block...trapping has been..just wait and see
Originally Posted by Bighorn

If true, it would be a tragic loss to Colorado, and especially the CS-Pueblo area. I've bought a lot of firearms from those folks- arguably the best-equipped firearms store in the state.

True or not, this assault on our firearms and the 2nd Amendment shouldn't be a call to 'boycott' the state- it should be a serious wakeup call to all gun owners, wherever they may reside. It's not over yet- midterm elections are not two years away.
The gun owners of this state have put up a spirited defense of their rights. With a liberal house and senate, it was an extreme uphill battle. My hope is that there are enough Democrats who are also gun owners, who blindly voted for these gun-grabber politicians, who will now wake up and vote to protect their rights.

you mean like they woke up in the last national election? the only way to wake up a libtard is to hit them where it hurts...in the wallet. when the infrastructure fails they might wake up but will probably be to high off pot to notice....nope I am boycotting CO
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
James Jarmin is on ch 13, KRDO.

I'd sure boycott Co if I didn't live here and I encourage anyone that does not to boycott and send a letter to the gov. that you are doing so.He has not signed any of the laws yet.

Specialty Sports has already started the process to move.

The Shootin Den will then be the only gun shop in Colo Sprgs besides the big box stores.
Posted By: Natty_Bumpo Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
It will certainly have a hand in chosing an outfitter for future Western Hunts.

NB
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by saddlesore
James Jarmin is on ch 13, KRDO.

I'd sure boycott Co if I didn't live here and I encourage anyone that does not to boycott and send a letter to the gov. that you are doing so.He has not signed any of the laws yet.

Specialty Sports has already started the process to move.

The Shootin Den will then be the only gun shop in Colo Sprgs besides the big box stores.

I think it is a near-certainty that the remaining 5 bills will be voted into law next week, with Hickenlooper's signature a final formality.

Big loss for all of us when they leave,saddlesore, that's for sure.

Not sure how a few hunters and sportsmen 'boycotting' our state is going to make a difference with our liberal anti-gun legislators, when the threat of businesses such as Magpul leaving the state had no apparent effect on them whatsoever- but if it makes folks feel better about things, then I guess they should stay away.

Maybe we should agree on some reciprocity- if folks in other states have gun-control laws passed on them, we will agree to stay out of each other's states, and all just go to Texas to hunt.....
Posted By: nathanial Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by gwindrider1
In light of the assualt on our 2nd Ammendment rights by liberal legislators in Colorado who are ignoring the will of the citizens, I propose that every sportsman boycott the state.

It seems that the only thing that will get these people's attention is to hit them in the state's pocketbook.

What are your opinions on this subject?

Boycott on!
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Most liberals that I know personally are subjective in their thinking, not objective. They are touchy-feely sorts who decry "bullying" in the traditional sense, but are such ignorant hypocrites that they don't realize they do it in other ways. To this end, unless the boycotts affect them financially and unless the affect is very easily discerned as to where it is coming from, they'll go happily on their merry way, hating the whole gun culture and blaming it for all society's ills. "Gun culture" and "WASP male" being interchangeable terms. IOW you have to hit them hard in their wallet and make it plain where the hit came from. Very plain.

I'm not that familiar with Colorado, but in the whole country you have so many wishy-washy dickweasels who are gun owners yet consistently vote against guns in elections and are always with the bad guys because their hunting or collecting won't be affected. These folks will only respond positively to boycotts if they can see a direct correlation.

Personally, I won't be buying any more Magpul stuff until they make good on their promise to move out of the state. Easy enough for me to not drink any more Coors since I don't like their crap beer anyway.

Oklahoma, Wyoming and some other states are leading the way in state legislation and also voting. These are where our money should be going. By my count, ten states voted 60% or better for Romney. Of course there may be some difference between their vote in that election and their overall politics especially state-wise where guns are concerned. Overall though, I think a 60% Romney vote is a pretty good indicator of where guns are welcome and where our money should go as opposed to anti-gun states. No offense to good pro-gunners in the anti-gun states. Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kentucky, West Virginia, and Alabama all voted at least 60% against Obama. If you round the percentages, you can throw in Tennessee as well. Coincidentally, throw Tennessee in and they are all contiguous with a sea port.
Big plus 1 on this.
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
I would love to see Specialty Sports move closer to Georgia. That store is one I always visit when I go to Colorado Springs.

What about Paradise Sales? Are they still around? They were a small gun shop full of older firearms and they always seemed to have something I really needed.

I really hate to see what is happening in CO. It is a great state with a lot of good people. I think a few e-mails are in order. I doubt that they will have any effect, but it will make me feel better.
Posted By: Colo_Wolf Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
If you think that a boycott of CO by hunters and shooters will make a difference to the libs in the gov here, your wrong. Most of the pols in Colorado are transplants who have come to create a liberal mecca, creating what they tried to create elsewhere. It is not only the politicians but the managers in many government departments are also from elsewhere

Any dollars not spent by sportsmen here will be countered by dollars from the liberal pilgrims. Further, gun owners and sportsmen are viewed as a fringe group, the activities of which are counter to civilized life. Look up current utterances of the gov and look into the backgrounds of the legislators.
If you think that liberal pilgrims are going to come up with $500 million or so, I think you may be surprised. Now I guess the pot industry could make up some of that but the ski industry is down 21% versus 2 years ago.

Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
I live in a ski town. They are charging over $100 just for a one day ticket. I am not sure where they find these suckers to pay that.

You guys are all too logical. Remember, a liberal mind is basically retarded. They are going to grandstand about what a piece of crap company Magpul is for moving and costing people jobs. In the eyes of the liberal it will be Magpul's fault, certainly not the democrats in charge.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
The only way a boycott will work is if people also contact the governor and tell him. When they start to see dollars leaving the state,that is when actions take place.Same with the DOW. Cut thier income 75% and you will see them howling to the state legislature. Same with the ski industry. The only thing that talks is money.
Posted By: Colo_Wolf Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/09/13
Originally Posted by 30338
If you think that liberal pilgrims are going to come up with $500 million or so, I think you may be surprised. Now I guess the pot industry could make up some of that but the ski industry is down 21% versus 2 years ago.

Never said the libs and pols in general had a brain among themselves.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The only way a boycott will work is if people also contact the governor and tell him. When they start to see dollars leaving the state,that is when actions take place.Same with the DOW. Cut thier income 75% and you will see them howling to the state legislature. Same with the ski industry. The only thing that talks is money.

got his email address?
and mailing address?
http://www.colorado.gov/govhdir/
Posted By: wildbill59 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
but the ski industry is down 21% versus 2 years ago.

Snow is down about 600% from 2 years ago. You need snow to ski, snowmobile on.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
I think it is also [email protected]
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Originally Posted by wildbill59
but the ski industry is down 21% versus 2 years ago.

Snow is down about 600% from 2 years ago. You need snow to ski, snowmobile on.

Most ski ares in CO are doing ok now. Lotta snow in the last month.
Posted By: dogcatcher223 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/10/13
Our snowpack is still significantly below last year's mark, and that blew the old drought benchmark out of the water.
Posted By: campcreek66 Re: Boycott Colorado - 03/11/13

http://www.krdo.com/news/Gun-store-...-/417220/19247638/-/bxxcy6z/-/index.html
© 24hourcampfire