Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
In light of the assualt on our 2nd Ammendment rights by liberal legislators in Colorado who are ignoring the will of the citizens, I propose that every sportsman boycott the state.

It seems that the only thing that will get these people's attention is to hit them in the state's pocketbook.

What are your opinions on this subject?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are and my wife even agrees even though she enjoys the amenities if shopping and theater in Denver. I won't even drive through the State (changed my mind on that see below even better use the roads and facilities but don't spend a cent)

Last edited by eh76; 03/08/13.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
not so fast, these laws may fail yet... doesn't change the fact that this state is changing though

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First bill banning concealed carry on campuses just died.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
emailed....to the senators listed in bcolorado's thread.

I don't live in your state but my wife & I spend quite a bit of money there shopping, on entertainment and traveling through. Rest assured if you pass the anti 2nd Amendment bills you currently have in the Senate we will not spend another cent there. I have enough fuel capacity to drive entirely through your state and fill up in New Mexico, thereby using your roads and restrooms free of charge for you to maintain. We are not the only ones who will do this. I think the economic impact will surprise you.

I think State Sen. Evie Hudak's comments to the young lady who was raped and Senator Jeanne Nicholson's treatment of a crowd gathered to discuss legislation with her are reprehensible at best. You need to remind your fellow legislators you are all are public servants, you do not rule.

It appears to me that all of the legislators in Colorado need to obtain a copy of the United States Constitution and read it until you actually understand it.

Some of you are bringing the ruination of a once great state.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was planning an elk hunt there but it looks like it's gonna be in MT. now!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think they understand the economic impact they are going to feel if they pass this crap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although never a resident, for 50 years I have loved and really enjoyed Colorado - every minute of every hunt, fishing trip and camping/sightseeing venture - and almost all of every other hour and event there (except dealings with some of your UC "academics"). Had you asked a while back, I honestly would said that I could not see such a political travesty coming to the state.

I don't know - pro or con - about the idea of boycotts by travelers, but I am saddened and hope that the folks there can find ways to get a grip on the political downturn, and make it right.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eh76
I don't think they understand the economic impact they are going to feel if they pass this crap.

I don't think they care. They just need to pass some "feel good" legislation that will do absolutely nothing to reduce crime.

I was a 3rd or 4th generation Native of Colorado, but I left there in 1978. My great-great grandfather was the first Territorial Representative to Congress from Colorado, and he was a key player in getting the Mint in Denver and in establishing some 300,000 acres of School Trust Lands in Colorado. I just wish he would have left his heirs an acre or so of downtown Denver.

I can't boycott Colorado without boycotting my family members that still live there, but I am boycotting Chicago and New York City. Do you think they are feeling the effect of my boycotts there?

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I certainly sympathize with anyone who wants to boycott Colorado.

I feel like telling the legislature that if you are willing to let Magpul leave because of this well then are you willing to get rid of the Trinidad gunsmith program, and Cheyenne Mountain Shooting complex too?
They sure can't feel very welcome here at this point.

Firearms are woven into the culture of Southern Colorado by way of our corrections Industry, our veterans, our Western history, and our long hunting heritage. In many ways this WAS a shooters paradise.

We are proud of the Trinidad Jr College gunsmith program, oldest and largest in the US.
We have a great new public range at Ft Carson. Anyone who comes out here elk hunting should make it a point to stop and sight in there and check it out.
East of Pueblo, River�s Edge Outdoors is a world class sporting clays facility. Pueblo has some other great ranges also.
The NRA Whittington Center is a great neighbor to have just across the border.
Manufacturing companies like Magpul are as scarce as hen�s teeth these days. Colorado would not be able to replace those 200 good manufacturing jobs at any price. It�s not just the jobs they offer - it�s a good business to have all the way around.

This legislation is opposed by better than a 2 to 1 margin in the Pueblo area.

I�m still just stunned that this gang of mostly female liberal senators from the Denver/Boulder area can wield this much power while having no clue about what lies beyond their network of Starbucks cafes. These leftist Obamabots from Denver/Boulder want to pi$$ it all away ... and then turn it into a dope smoking haven.

Rant over.

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
It is big talk for the most part. Most hunters probably aren't even paying attention to what is happening in CO. Not to mention over the counter for elk tags will keep people coming back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always go to Colorado every year in the summer to escape the heat and humidity.

Wife and I have already agreed that Jackson Hole or Cody will be our destination this year.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a multi week trip planned late August/early September camping and backpacking in and around the South San Juan wilderness. I'll going to Wyoming instead.

I don't know if a boycott is the answer but I sure don't feel like rewarding them either.

A friend of mine does nurses on the road where he works 3-4 months at a location on the road as a trauma nurse along with his wife. Normally they come in and people take all their vacations etc...Denver was on his list and he said they just dropped it. He's been to Denver before and liked that the level 1 trauma unit was busy, but said there's other places he could go instead.

Last edited by NathanL; 03/08/13.

Otto is my co-pilot.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I agree with those that want to boycott Colorado. I would too if I didn't live here. The sad part is, these people don't care about the economic impacts to the state. Magpul and some of their subcontractors are the only ones so far to say they will leave, but as others have said here, it wouldn't surprise me to see more leave and I don't blame them. However, it won't make a hill a beans of difference to the lib left that now control our state. They dont' care what it does to the state, they just want to "feel" safe. Total BS. I'd leave in a heartbeat if I could find a job elsewhere where it made sense to uproot my family.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Dems hate free enterprise anyway. They would view it as a victory if any private company left.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I lived there you could walk about downtown Colorado Springs with a handgun in a holster on your hip and wouldn't get a second glance. Glad that I don't live there anymore.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So are we.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Based on the wildly anti constitutionally written legislation, would one not think it can be overturned? And if the next round of elections does not get rid of this bunch of communists, then things will truly get sporty.

Listened to about 4 hours of testimony last night, good thing my computer is still intact. I was really proud of the conservatives arguments, thought they were well reasoned. We just need more of them and soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Oh and I am recommending every non resident to ski Utah and hunt elsewhere, just like I would if it was California or NY.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 3,099 guests, and 1,392 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,255
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.