Home
North Haven, CT � O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America�s oldest family-owned and operated firearms manufacturer, has entered into a long-term agreement with the Robertson family and the hugely-popular Duck Commander franchise. Best-known as the stars of the top-rated reality TV series, Duck Dynasty, the Robertson clan lead by family patriarch, Phil, has expanded their Louisiana-based call-making company into a national phenomenon and A&E Television Networks� most-watched series. Terms of the multi-year agreement will include focus on the family�s passion of waterfowl hunting, promotion of the shooting sports and family values as well as a series of Mossberg �Duck Commander� firearms.

The now multi-million dollar Duck Commander enterprise was founded by Phil and is led by his son, Willie, and includes family members: Uncle Si, Jase, Jep; all known for their long-flowing beards, and Alan. All share in the passion for hunting and time-honored Southern traditions.

�Mossberg is extremely proud to partner with Duck Commander to further promote hunting, shooting sports and family values,� commented Iver Mossberg, CEO. �The Robertson�s widespread appeal and ability to cross over into the mainstream has bridged millions to the traditions of hunting and sharing time in the field with family.�

�The Duck Commander franchise was built on hard work, family values and our great American heritage. As an iconic, hard-working American product, made by a family-owned company, Mossberg is a perfect partnership for our team,� said Willie Robertson, CEO, Duck Commander.

Mossberg will work with the Robertsons to develop a line of branded �Duck Commander� guns across multiple categories including pump-action and autoloading waterfowl shotguns.
I thought they were sponsored by Benelli, so I guess they'll be using different guns this coming fall?
Only when the cameras are running I am sure.
[bleep] guns, [bleep] calls

it all goes hand in hand
Nobody pays me and I hunt with a Benelli.
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Nobody pays me and I hunt with a Benelli.

Surely that's not a comment on your hunting skills? wink Like when I was competing in benchrest shooting all barrel makers would pay me not to say I was using their barrels. smile
I'm all for getting paid to endorse stuff, seems like the American way.

But getting paid to endorse Mossberg seems kinda whorish.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I'm all for getting paid to endorse stuff, seems like the American way.

But getting paid to endorse Mossberg seems kinda whorish.

Maybe Mossberg is endorsing Duck.
This will be a good thing for Mossberg.

That show is a monster.
They started out shooting Browning Golds, then got picked up by Benelli. However I have noticed Phil. Shooting a beretta A400 extreme.

Im not a big fan of Mossberg autos. I had a 935 for a while and it just wouldn't take cold weather. However it was a turkey patterning machine. That said, i have never seen a Mossberg pump fail

This will be a boon to Mossberg. I love bothe my Benelli and my Extrema2. But. Not everyone can shell out $1500.00 for a shotgun The price point will be a big hit
Originally Posted by MColeman
Like when I was competing in benchrest shooting all barrel makers would pay me not to say I was using their barrels. smile

Excellent !! LMAO
Damn that's funny.
(reminds me of something Rodney Dangerfield or Henny Youngman would say)
I've seen some of the clan use older Browning A5's.

Also, I have never understood what is so great about the Benelli that warrants paying 2-3 times as much over say a Remington 1100 or 1187. Seriously, I'm not being a smart-azz here, what is the deal with Benellis??
as Phil himself would say (and probably would still admit), there are three great things about a Benelli:

Boom, Boom, Boom.

that's a mouthful for a gun that spends its life in duck blinds.
I know old Phil and Kay are...
Happy, Happy!
I have never purchased a gun because some reality show or gun writer has endorsed it . Dam i guess i will have to swap my Super 90 for a Mossberg 500 and i was just getting to like it.
Mossbergs have always been 2nd rate guns, and will continue to be.
nothing will ever change that . Mossberg is the poor mans shotgun or rifle
I've never seen a broken Mossberg 500, mine is 20 years old and I treat it like a rented mule. Best $125 I've ever spent on a gun based on amount of meat I've put in the freezer with it.

I've got no problem with other shotguns, but there is nothing wrong with a 500.
Originally Posted by desertoakie

Also, I have never understood what is so great about the Benelli that warrants paying 2-3 times as much over say a Remington 1100 or 1187. Seriously, I'm not being a smart-azz here, what is the deal with Benellis??

Ken. Spend a day in a nasty cold swamp with a gas operated remington and watch how sluggish it starts getting shooting dirty steel. my benelli has never even hiccuped. My SBEll has been used as a walking stick. Its been dropped in the mud and been froze in a muddy cornfield. But it still keeps going bang.

So does my 870
Scott. Ive seen 870's take schits too. Saw one freeze up so bad last year the guy had to take the whole thing apart to thaw it out

I will admit that i see far fewer pumps malfunction. However the new 870's feel like toys. And the 887 just feels clunky. And that day above was one of the coldest and windiest ive been on the water

I bought my first Benelli last season and I wish I'd done so a long, long time ago.

Eats everything, weighs nothing. Absolutely love it. I don't think you should even use an 1187 and Benelli in the same sentence.

Travis
Originally Posted by Steelhead
So does my 870

Peasant.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
So does my 870

Peasant.

Travis

Kennedy lover.

870's rule.
Honestly, if I woke up dead broke one day, I would probably consider using one myself.

Travis
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Ken. Spend a day in a nasty cold swamp with a gas operated remington and watch how sluggish it starts getting shooting dirty steel. my benelli has never even hiccuped. My SBEll has been used as a walking stick. Its been dropped in the mud and been froze in a muddy cornfield. But it still keeps going bang.

I suppose that's true if you don't know how to maintain a shotgun. My 40 year old 1100 I inherited cycles everything like it should, I used it from 60*F all the way down to 0* last year without any issues. That being said, if I was going to buy a new semi-auto shotgun for duck hunting it would be a Benelli M2
No problem, homescratch.
You can fire off lots o' rounds and have fun, while I just kill schit.
Originally Posted by wageslave
No problem, homescratch.
You can fire off lots o' rounds and have fun, while I just kill schit.

I invite you to hunt sharptails this fall.

Just please hide your 870 if the landowners come around.

Travis
Hell, I've killed more ducks/geese and turkey with a Mossberg 500 than with anything else.
Hell, I've killed more ducks/geese and turkey with a Mossberg 500 than with anything else.

I only associate with Sako and Benelli owners.

Travis
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I've never seen a broken Mossberg 500, mine is 20 years old and I treat it like a rented mule. Best $125 I've ever spent on a gun based on amount of meat I've put in the freezer with it.

I've got no problem with other shotguns, but there is nothing wrong with a 500.

Agreed.
The class of people that watch that show are MUCH more likely to buy a Mossberg than a Benelli.

Has anyone seen the "new" Mossberg on the cover of the new Guns & Ammo magazine? Yuck!!!
You mean the class the values family above all else, that class?
Wonder if Phil will still have a shotgun that does three things- bang, bang, bang...
Originally Posted by deflave

I only associate with Sako and Benelli owners.

Travis

They allow the Boyota in Bozeman?
Originally Posted by mmgravy
Wonder if Phil will still have a shotgun that does three things- bang, bang, bang...

I watched Tom Knapp at a shooting expo that had a Benelli that would only go bang, jam, bang, jam,bang, jam. He finally unloaded it and layed on the table.

Dink
Originally Posted by wageslave
They allow the Boyota in Bozeman?

Not sure. Shrapnel and Rancho make me stop outside the city limits. Once they pick me up they make me wear a bag over my head.

Kinda strange.

Travis
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
This will be a good thing for Mossberg.

That show is a monster.

+1 and Mossberg is in my hometown.
I own a Benelli and a Mossberg (In fact I haven't looked closely it may be their even cheaper line Maverick) and a safe full of Berettas what does that make me?

I have a Mossberg 500 that I had camo dipped that I have used a ton and loaned it out when I worked as a guide as a backup gun as well. Went boom every time and dropped ducks and geese even after being in the bottom of the boat all season and being used as a push pole and a paddle at times as well.
Nathan. I woukd take a mossberg pump over an 870. Just do to the more open receiver, that solid shell follower sure does hold alot of debri where it may be more likely to fall out of the mossberg. And the over bored barrels sure do make some tight turkey patterns. With 3.5 inch #7 Hevi shot and an indian creek .675 choke tube iI am averaging 330 pellets in a ten inch circle at 40 yards
Funny on their show I've never seen a Benelli all I see are a bunch of beat up old shotguns.

I understand endorsments but come on - Mossberg???
This is a definite marketing score for both entities. The Duck Commander brand is huge, and has a very loyal following. I'm a Vision Center Manager for Wal-Mart, and we got in a line of Duck Commander frames, sunglasses, and accessories, which have sold very well for us. We also got in a 6 ft. tall cardboard sign with Willie on it. Every day folks get their picture taken with it. Just in the Twin Cities market, we've had two signs stolen. 8 different people have inquired about buying it. I really had no idea how insanely popular this show, and these products are. I had one elderly lady tell me she went out and bought a Duck Commander call, and she doesn't even hunt. She respects the family values that are displayed in the show. The pre-dinner family prayer shown at the end of every episode is very import to a lot of people.

As for Mossberg's products, I've never seen a broken 500 and never heard anyone who owned one complain about it. I am an 870 man but would have no qualms about picking up a 500. Everyone sure seems to like the Benellis, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I've had nothing but success with my 870's.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
This is a definite marketing score for both entities. The Duck Commander brand is huge, and has a very loyal following. I'm a Vision Center Manager for Wal-Mart, and we got in a line of Duck Commander frames, sunglasses, and accessories, which have sold very well for us. We also got in a 6 ft. tall cardboard sign with Willie on it. Every day folks get their picture taken with it. Just in the Twin Cities market, we've had two signs stolen. 8 different people have inquired about buying it. I really had no idea how insanely popular this show, and these products are. I had one elderly lady tell me she went out and bought a Duck Commander call, and she doesn't even hunt. She respects the family values that are displayed in the show. The pre-dinner family prayer shown at the end of every episode is very import to a lot of people.

As for Mossberg's products, I've never seen a broken 500 and never heard anyone who owned one complain about it. I am an 870 man but would have no qualms about picking up a 500. Everyone sure seems to like the Benellis, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I've had nothing but success with my 870's.

The show is now on over this side of the Pond too, although only on satellite TV..When I first saw the adverts for it, I rolled my eyes and thought it was just American trash TV about a bunch of rednecks..Then I watched a couple of episodes and actually found myself smiling..Its still a bunch of rednecks, but they have a good sense of humour and evidently enjoy hamming it up for the TV cameras..
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
as Phil himself would say (and probably would still admit), there are three great things about a Benelli:

Boom, Boom, Boom.

Too bad it's not true.

They are adversely affected buy dirt and mud.
Originally Posted by eyeball

Boom, Boom, Boom.

Too bad it's not true.

If you can afford a Benelli - you can afford to buy some dirt and mud.

smile

I've owned/used Benelli's while duck and goose hunting here on the bay - never had an issue. Can say the same about my Super X2 from Winchester.

Brother had a Rem auto that wasn't worth a chit, the only Mossberg shotgun I've any time with is a .410 bolt action from when my dad was a kid.

I won't buy a gun based upon endorsement and while the Mossberg might be a great shotgun, I don't think anyone can claim it's BETTER than a Benelli so for some the move simply means a money deal and it bothers them.

I like the fellas at DC, owned their calls and videos long before the show hit the air but this "move" really doesn't affect any enjoyment I get from their show or my decision to purchase one brand of shotgun over the other.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by MColeman
Like when I was competing in benchrest shooting all barrel makers would pay me not to say I was using their barrels. smile

Excellent !! LMAO
Damn that's funny.
(reminds me of something Rodney Dangerfield or Henny Youngman would say)

Ya, dat's funny stuff Mickey! I promise, if I send you a gun to work on I won't tell anyone! cool

Bob
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by gophergunner

The show is now on over this side of the Pond too, although only on satellite TV..When I first saw the adverts for it, I rolled my eyes and thought it was just American trash TV about a bunch of rednecks..Then I watched a couple of episodes and actually found myself smiling..Its still a bunch of rednecks, but they have a good sense of humour and evidently enjoy hamming it up for the TV cameras..

Pete. Dont bash rednecks too much. Remember, a couple hundred years ago a bunch of rednecks kicked some proper british ass. Then did it again a few years later just for show
Originally Posted by eyeball

Boom, Boom, Boom.

Too bad it's not true.

Dont tell mine that. It may get a complex next time it gets dropped in the swamp and keeps working
I'm not sure I understand the Duck Commander following, but anything redneck can't be all bad!

I've had a Mossberg 500 for over 30 years. It started life as my primary bird/duck gun and at some point I moved up to a Remington 1100 and on from there. Currently I shoot a Benelli M1, but once I had other shotguns, that Mossberg was dresses up with a Pachmeyer pistol grip and has been carried many miles while camping, bear-baiting, and fishing in AK.

Mossberg may not be the top-of-the-line, but they provide yeoman service without complaint or failure. I think it is a win-win for these involved, and I think we, as sportsman reap tangential benefits as more people are exposed to and like any facet of hunting/fishing.

Cheers,
Bob
That show is a monster.
On the recommendation of some friends, I tried to watch it. One of the lamest shows that I have ever tried to watch. miles

Pete. Dont bash rednecks too much. Remember, a couple hundred years ago a bunch of rednecks kicked some proper british ass. Then did it again a few years later just for show

Not bashing rednecks, just trying to convey that I thought the show was going to be trash American TV overplaying the American redneck sterotype, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the humour in it..

And we have trash TV over here, plenty of it, and I am sure you guys would see similar sort of British stereo typing. The British version of the show "Shameless" being one that springs to mind, and "Skint" being another..

Getting back to Duck Commanders what ever anybody thinks of the show or the people involved, you can't question their marketing or business sense..

Regards,

Peter

Edited to add I actually prefer "Swamp People" and found that quite interesting..

I am a fan of the brit comedy "Not Going Out" - Tim Mack is hilarious (IMO)
Originally Posted by teal
I am a fan of the brit comedy "Not Going Out" - Tim Mack is hilarious (IMO)

I think you mean Lee Mack or Tim (Tim Vine) is his side kick??

I enjoy the show, and also like Mack when he does stand-up..

Somebody said it was based on an American TV sit com that the BBC bought the rights to, but I've no idea if its true??

Personally I really liked Psychoville!

I think this is a great marketing move on the part of Mossberg but also show's that the Robertson family will endorse anything for money!

The experiences I have had with Mossberg firearms have been far from positive and could never imagine depending on one based on their track record.
Yes - sorry Lee Mack. Been some time since I've been able to watch it.

Of the American shows we get (or used to get), one of my favorites was "Married with Children".. Al Bundy was my hero! grin
In Fallujah I felt more secure with a POS Mossy 500 than I did with the M16A4.

Adam
Followed Phils videos long before the show and fame. I do believe Phil and miss Kay are truly pretty down to earth country folks with or without the money. To think the same about the boys, not so much. Not to say that makes them bad just not quite the country rednecks they try to be on the show. As far as endorseing Mossberg, its probabally a good deal for both. I own a SBE 11, a Moss. 935, an 870, and a few others. I would never say they are all of equal quality but they all do serve a purpose, and very well I might add. The show does show family values that I think we could use a lot more of, so good for them. You have to watch the show with a sence of humor, but also listen to some of Phils comments, sometimes he say a LOT without saying much. The Mossberg deal does show that even rednecks are smart enough to go where the money is, LOL.

Not bashing rednecks, just trying to convey that I thought the show was going to be trash American TV overplaying the American redneck sterotype, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the humour in it..

And we have trash TV over here, plenty of it, and I am sure you guys would see similar sort of British stereo typing. The British version of the show "Shameless" being one that springs to mind, and "Skint" being another..

Getting back to Duck Commanders what ever anybody thinks of the show or the people involved, you can't question their marketing or business sense..

Regards,

Peter

Edited to add I actually prefer "Swamp People" and found that quite interesting..

He's a newbie Pete, so please don't take offense. Lots of us here warmed to you a long time ago and overlook the ancient differences between our two countries while focusing on the similarities and shared heritage.

Of the American shows we get (or used to get), one of my favorites was "Married with Children".. Al Bundy was my hero! grin
"No fat chicks."

Shoot, The Duck Commander bunch even advertises for manufactured homes and Phil and Miss Kay live in one. They're salt-of-the-earth that came from humble origins. My kinda folks.
Well think about it, in these hard times, not everybody can afford a Vinci, nothing wrong with a Mossberg shotgun, they work and work well, if they didn't they would have never sold as many of those pump guns as they have. They are in the Duck Hunting Business, and from a business stand point it makes sense. Willie maybe all shuckes and what have you but the man has an MBA all the sons are very well educated. And nothing gets by Phil. As for Si, he's a retired NCO. What is interesting to me is why on earth they are # 1 at A+E? God, Family, hunting and guns are not suppose to be popular or work for a TV series according to the talking heads, yet they are and then some, why is that, maybe the nation knows better and know good clean stuff when they see it.
Im a poor guy that got my first 500 when i was 11. 20 years later that thing still functions like a champ. For average people that cant afford a $1000 shotgun the mossberg 500 is a gem. Hell i still shoot my uncles just for fun and his is from the 70's. Im sure the expensive shotguns are awesome but since i havent ever shot a rich mans shotgun, my 500 and my buddies winchester and my step brothers 870 are good enough. We even have a mavrick shotgun we bought in the late 90's that works well.
I can honestly see this "poor mans" brand doing well with average joe's likr myself.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
He's a newbie Pete, so please don't take offense. Lots of us here warmed to you a long time ago and overlook the ancient differences between our two countries while focusing on the similarities and shared heritage.

Thanks for the kind words, but no offense taken..

I have seen various people here slate both The Duck Commanders and Swamp People shows, but in truth I am just glad to see shooting/hunting outdoor shows on British TV..

Regards,

Peter
Along the lines of famiky values. Everyone blasts mossberg as junk but noone mentions they are still a family owned business
Along the lines of famiky values. Everyone blasts mossberg as junk but noone mentions they are still a family owned business

A family owned company that employes around 500 people!
Originally Posted by Pat85

Is still better than a conglomerate owned by a capital investment group
I'm all for supporting an American owned gun manufacturer. Look at all the crap that Smith & Wesson & Remington attach their names to. Chinese made watches, knives, & other junk are every where. These companies would allow a dog turd to carry their name if it would sell. I hope the promotions by Mossberg & Duck Commander are very successful.
Originally Posted by Pat85

WTF was your point here?
Originally Posted by CLB

Not for long. Where are those duck doods based out of? Louisiana?

It's my guess that Mossberg's headed that way as well.

That show is a monster.

It's not a show anymore. It's a "Brand", which is the monster now.
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by CLB

Not for long. Where are those duck doods based out of? Louisiana?

It's my guess that Mossberg's headed that way as well.

That show is a monster.

It's not a show anymore. It's a "Brand", which is the monster now.
Monroe, Louisiana.
I have owned several brand (and still do) of shotguns, including Beretta, Benelli, Mossberg, Remington, Brownings and others.
I have duck hunted for almost 40 years and can tell you that you do not have to have a $$$$ shotgun to kill ducks.

I think Phil and the boys will do well with Mossberg.

Boom, Boom, Boom.

My shotguns are used almost only for waterfowl for years now.
I"ve got two 11-87s. My buddies pay for BEnelli and some day I probably will too. At this point, I"ve yet to have an issue with my 11-87s, while I"ve had to take apart 2 benellis in the duck blind to clean them.. while loaning my 1187 out... and one benelli broke the firing pin so was done for the day.

Not that it doesn't happen to 1187 too... but what I've seen so far leans towards Benelli being not fool proof either.
Originally Posted by milespatton
That show is a monster.
On the recommendation of some friends, I tried to watch it. One of the lamest shows that I have ever tried to watch. miles
why is this not suprising
Originally Posted by milespatton
That show is a monster.

You really need to get out a bit more...

Don't be a Savage_99...
Excuse me sir. They are in West Monroe. Monroe is across the river.
Originally Posted by Seminole39

it all goes hand in hand

I like Duck Commander calls...mostly because Ducks like them.

Not a fan of Mossbergs, but I know guys who swear by them.

Kinda like Primos using Bear Archery equipment - I guess money talks.
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
Kinda like Primos using Bear Archery equipment - I guess money talks.

Shot a bear bow in the last few years?
Originally Posted by zeke612

it all goes hand in hand

I like Duck Commander calls...mostly because Ducks like them.

Not a fan of Mossbergs, but I know guys who swear by them.

here ya go

http://www.amazon.com/Kazoobie-Inc-...372883079&sr=1-17&keywords=kazoo

I just saved you $30 on your next "duck call"... you're welcome
Ive ran a couple of DC calls and have never had a problem with them. Matter of fact i keep one in my blind bag as an extra incase someone forgets their lanyards or loses a call

it all goes hand in hand
HATER!!!
I haven't taken the time to read all of this, so maybe it has already been covered: will the shotguns have beards?
© 24hourcampfire