Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Funny on their show I've never seen a Benelli all I see are a bunch of beat up old shotguns.

I understand endorsments but come on - Mossberg???

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a definite marketing score for both entities. The Duck Commander brand is huge, and has a very loyal following. I'm a Vision Center Manager for Wal-Mart, and we got in a line of Duck Commander frames, sunglasses, and accessories, which have sold very well for us. We also got in a 6 ft. tall cardboard sign with Willie on it. Every day folks get their picture taken with it. Just in the Twin Cities market, we've had two signs stolen. 8 different people have inquired about buying it. I really had no idea how insanely popular this show, and these products are. I had one elderly lady tell me she went out and bought a Duck Commander call, and she doesn't even hunt. She respects the family values that are displayed in the show. The pre-dinner family prayer shown at the end of every episode is very import to a lot of people.

As for Mossberg's products, I've never seen a broken 500 and never heard anyone who owned one complain about it. I am an 870 man but would have no qualms about picking up a 500. Everyone sure seems to like the Benellis, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I've had nothing but success with my 870's.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gophergunner
This is a definite marketing score for both entities. The Duck Commander brand is huge, and has a very loyal following. I'm a Vision Center Manager for Wal-Mart, and we got in a line of Duck Commander frames, sunglasses, and accessories, which have sold very well for us. We also got in a 6 ft. tall cardboard sign with Willie on it. Every day folks get their picture taken with it. Just in the Twin Cities market, we've had two signs stolen. 8 different people have inquired about buying it. I really had no idea how insanely popular this show, and these products are. I had one elderly lady tell me she went out and bought a Duck Commander call, and she doesn't even hunt. She respects the family values that are displayed in the show. The pre-dinner family prayer shown at the end of every episode is very import to a lot of people.

As for Mossberg's products, I've never seen a broken 500 and never heard anyone who owned one complain about it. I am an 870 man but would have no qualms about picking up a 500. Everyone sure seems to like the Benellis, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I've had nothing but success with my 870's.

The show is now on over this side of the Pond too, although only on satellite TV..When I first saw the adverts for it, I rolled my eyes and thought it was just American trash TV about a bunch of rednecks..Then I watched a couple of episodes and actually found myself smiling..Its still a bunch of rednecks, but they have a good sense of humour and evidently enjoy hamming it up for the TV cameras..

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser
as Phil himself would say (and probably would still admit), there are three great things about a Benelli:

Boom, Boom, Boom.

that's a mouthful for a gun that spends its life in duck blinds.

Too bad it's not true.

They are adversely affected buy dirt and mud.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by eyeball
as Phil himself would say (and probably would still admit), there are three great things about a Benelli:

Boom, Boom, Boom.

Too bad it's not true.

If you can afford a Benelli - you can afford to buy some dirt and mud.

smile

I've owned/used Benelli's while duck and goose hunting here on the bay - never had an issue. Can say the same about my Super X2 from Winchester.

Brother had a Rem auto that wasn't worth a chit, the only Mossberg shotgun I've any time with is a .410 bolt action from when my dad was a kid.

I won't buy a gun based upon endorsement and while the Mossberg might be a great shotgun, I don't think anyone can claim it's BETTER than a Benelli so for some the move simply means a money deal and it bothers them.

I like the fellas at DC, owned their calls and videos long before the show hit the air but this "move" really doesn't affect any enjoyment I get from their show or my decision to purchase one brand of shotgun over the other.

Me

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by MColeman
Like when I was competing in benchrest shooting all barrel makers would pay me not to say I was using their barrels. smile

Excellent !! LMAO
Damn that's funny.
(reminds me of something Rodney Dangerfield or Henny Youngman would say)

Ya, dat's funny stuff Mickey! I promise, if I send you a gun to work on I won't tell anyone! cool

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by gophergunner

The show is now on over this side of the Pond too, although only on satellite TV..When I first saw the adverts for it, I rolled my eyes and thought it was just American trash TV about a bunch of rednecks..Then I watched a couple of episodes and actually found myself smiling..Its still a bunch of rednecks, but they have a good sense of humour and evidently enjoy hamming it up for the TV cameras..

Pete. Dont bash rednecks too much. Remember, a couple hundred years ago a bunch of rednecks kicked some proper british ass. Then did it again a few years later just for show

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by eyeball

Boom, Boom, Boom.

Too bad it's not true.

Dont tell mine that. It may get a complex next time it gets dropped in the swamp and keeps working

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'm not sure I understand the Duck Commander following, but anything redneck can't be all bad!

I've had a Mossberg 500 for over 30 years. It started life as my primary bird/duck gun and at some point I moved up to a Remington 1100 and on from there. Currently I shoot a Benelli M1, but once I had other shotguns, that Mossberg was dresses up with a Pachmeyer pistol grip and has been carried many miles while camping, bear-baiting, and fishing in AK.

Mossberg may not be the top-of-the-line, but they provide yeoman service without complaint or failure. I think it is a win-win for these involved, and I think we, as sportsman reap tangential benefits as more people are exposed to and like any facet of hunting/fishing.

Cheers,
Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That show is a monster.
On the recommendation of some friends, I tried to watch it. One of the lamest shows that I have ever tried to watch. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Pete. Dont bash rednecks too much. Remember, a couple hundred years ago a bunch of rednecks kicked some proper british ass. Then did it again a few years later just for show

Not bashing rednecks, just trying to convey that I thought the show was going to be trash American TV overplaying the American redneck sterotype, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the humour in it..

And we have trash TV over here, plenty of it, and I am sure you guys would see similar sort of British stereo typing. The British version of the show "Shameless" being one that springs to mind, and "Skint" being another..

Getting back to Duck Commanders what ever anybody thinks of the show or the people involved, you can't question their marketing or business sense..

Regards,

Peter

Edited to add I actually prefer "Swamp People" and found that quite interesting..

Last edited by Pete E; 06/29/13.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am a fan of the brit comedy "Not Going Out" - Tim Mack is hilarious (IMO)

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by teal
I am a fan of the brit comedy "Not Going Out" - Tim Mack is hilarious (IMO)

I think you mean Lee Mack or Tim (Tim Vine) is his side kick??

I enjoy the show, and also like Mack when he does stand-up..

Somebody said it was based on an American TV sit com that the BBC bought the rights to, but I've no idea if its true??

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Personally I really liked Psychoville!

I think this is a great marketing move on the part of Mossberg but also show's that the Robertson family will endorse anything for money!

The experiences I have had with Mossberg firearms have been far from positive and could never imagine depending on one based on their track record.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes - sorry Lee Mack. Been some time since I've been able to watch it.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Of the American shows we get (or used to get), one of my favorites was "Married with Children".. Al Bundy was my hero! grin

Last edited by Pete E; 06/29/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Fallujah I felt more secure with a POS Mossy 500 than I did with the M16A4.

Adam

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Followed Phils videos long before the show and fame. I do believe Phil and miss Kay are truly pretty down to earth country folks with or without the money. To think the same about the boys, not so much. Not to say that makes them bad just not quite the country rednecks they try to be on the show. As far as endorseing Mossberg, its probabally a good deal for both. I own a SBE 11, a Moss. 935, an 870, and a few others. I would never say they are all of equal quality but they all do serve a purpose, and very well I might add. The show does show family values that I think we could use a lot more of, so good for them. You have to watch the show with a sence of humor, but also listen to some of Phils comments, sometimes he say a LOT without saying much. The Mossberg deal does show that even rednecks are smart enough to go where the money is, LOL.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Not bashing rednecks, just trying to convey that I thought the show was going to be trash American TV overplaying the American redneck sterotype, but I was pleasantly surprised to see the humour in it..

And we have trash TV over here, plenty of it, and I am sure you guys would see similar sort of British stereo typing. The British version of the show "Shameless" being one that springs to mind, and "Skint" being another..

Getting back to Duck Commanders what ever anybody thinks of the show or the people involved, you can't question their marketing or business sense..

Regards,

Peter

Edited to add I actually prefer "Swamp People" and found that quite interesting..

He's a newbie Pete, so please don't take offense. Lots of us here warmed to you a long time ago and overlook the ancient differences between our two countries while focusing on the similarities and shared heritage.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Of the American shows we get (or used to get), one of my favorites was "Married with Children".. Al Bundy was my hero! grin
"No fat chicks."

Shoot, The Duck Commander bunch even advertises for manufactured homes and Phil and Miss Kay live in one. They're salt-of-the-earth that came from humble origins. My kinda folks.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 257man, 50 invisible), 1,743 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,141
Posts18,523,288
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.