Home
Be interesting to see what is the fall-out of this debacle for the mid-terms. The goal is to pick fights you can win, not fights where you get your ass handed to you and piss off most of the electorate at the same time. Cruz may have screwed the chicken on this one. I see no silver lining in this dark cloud.

Jordan
How to react to a near L-shaped ambush:

1) Quickly form a skirmish line and assault directly TOWARDS the enemy, possibly getting shot to death, but dying a dignified death.

2) Die in place, scared [bleep]

3) Run, and die tired, and a coward.
But there was no ambush. We picked a fight we had no chance of winning. What was the point---to prove how stupid we are?? Just askin'.
Because at some point one must stand up so those too intimidated to stand on their own have a leader, a voice and they are emboldened to join in...it is called leadership and not many people truly have it.

Rob that is a very interesting question. On the one hand you have to believe the GOP will be hurt by these shennanigans. But how many times have we seen these types of gaffs kind of just slide away and be forgotten in a year or so? With jerrymandered congressional districts resembling Rorschach ink blots I just don't know how many seats can be expected to change hands. You may see some TP guys getting primaried by moderates with big money backing them though.

Personally, I think all that can be guaranteed at this point is that Ted Cruz will never be president. Ever. Aside from that I'm not sure.

Will
Why yes, yes he did.
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Because at some point one must stand up so those too intimidated to stand on their own have a leader, a voice and they are emboldened to join in...it is called leadership and not many people truly have it.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!
The next election is over a year away. No one will remember this shutdown by election day.
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Be interesting to see what is the fall-out of this debacle for the mid-terms. The goal is to pick fights you can win, not fights where you get your ass handed to you and piss off most of the electorate at the same time. Cruz may have screwed the chicken on this one. I see no silver lining in this dark cloud.

Jordan
You're from California, thus your vote was negated long ago so the only question remaining is why do you care?

Originally Posted by walt501
The next election is over a year away. No one will remember this shutdown by election day.
No kidding. Most voters couldn't tell you what they had for breakfast nor the name of the governor of their state. Maybe if you asked them about Dancing with the Stars or some such.
How could this hurt the House when it was all Bush's fault??

Thread, Bush's fault

Maybe not. Does anyone think maybe it was an effort to get people to grow a set of balls?? I know there is no hope for the demtards, and the RINO'S. But do ya think there may still hope for non participating, and real Americans? confused whistle

Take care, Willie
When the cost of O-care hits home. I believe Cruz will be proven right. He campaigned on repeal of this fiasco and kept his promise, to fight. How many of your Senator's keep their promises. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
When the cost of O-care hits home. I believe Cruz will be proven right. He campaigned on repeal of this fiasco and kept his promise, to fight. How many of your Senator's keep their promises. Hasbeen

Nicely said! For the intellectually challenged, please refer to the ENEMYS TOPIC. Clear as mud there. cry cry whistle whistle

Take care, Willie

Jordan

I'd much rather have someone that will stand up and fight rather than just roll over and go with the majority.

Zero of my Senators, same thing for my President.

Two spot on quotes.

I am also a little tired of hearing that you must come to the middle to get elected....the majority of the country is in the middle and the Republican Party must move away from these right wing ideas to be more electable....blah, blah, blah.

My question to the "moderate, middle voters" is how has that been working out? Look what your moderate beliefs have gotten us is a ignorant bunch of Democrats and RINOs in office that have crushed this country. Your voting practices and their policies are what have gotten us to this position. Your majority beliefs have turned out to be naive and flat wrong.

Congratuphuckinglations.

It is time that a few very vocal leaders like Ted Cruz give it their best shot at getting this thing back upright.
I think the vast majority of the pissed off electorate are Dems & Libs that aren't going to vote conservative anyway.

Maybe a few independents & fence sitters.

Almost all other types of folks were in favor of shutting the .gov down & holding the line on the debt ceiling as well.

Lots of folks starting to see that those "non-essential" gov workers are not the least bit essential, at least not in the numbers that they are now.

I think lots of folks are beginning to see the depth of the hole we have now dug for ourselves.

MM
Originally Posted by Penguin
You may see some TP guys getting primaried by moderates with big money backing them though.

That's the kicker, who is business going to put their money behind in the next election?

The shutdown and threat of default was NOT good for business.
Good thing during the American Revolution there were those willing to stand at all costs against the most powerful military in the world at that time and notjust look at the situation and say," well they are better equipped and trained so we better forget this whole thing. You know this tea is getting pretty expensive with all these taxes..."

I don't think Ted has hurt anything anywhere.

I am glad that I voted for him. What drives me nuts is McCain whom I also voted for. That guy is a piece of something. Of course I voted against Obama more than for McCain truth be told.
[Linked Image]
Right now Cornyn is running campaign adds. He is running scared. He knows the people see him for what he is. If anyone will primary him he will be out of job. Hasbeen
Good thing during the American Revolution there were those willing to stand at all costs against the most powerful military in the world at that time and notjust look at the situation and say," well they are better equipped and trained so we better forget this whole thing."

Now come on!!!!!! You've done it now, your looking for both a spine and balls wrapped all in one hide!!!! Dream on!!!

Take care, Willie
We picked a fight we had no chance of winning. What was the point---to prove how stupid we are?? Just askin'.

The 'We' isn't the GOP... the GOP couldn't win it's way out of a wet paper bag and lost it's direction in '08, then the Tea Party made strides in '10 but it's at least a three election cycle correction.

No one listened... not the GOP, or the attention deficient voter, definitely not the talking heads from conservative MSM... which lead to apathy for change in '12.

'We' see the 'few' in the GOP that are for a new cleaning and standing up, we are back to a three election cycle, the GOP will live or die on whether they follow the tea party. Living in the middle must be voted out or the status quo accepted.

They will live or die on the intelligence of voters... looks grim. Let it die if this the best they can offer.

Kent
But there was no ambush. We picked a fight we had no chance of winning. What was the point---to prove how stupid we are?? Just askin'.

Just because you are deaf and can't hear the supersonic cracks, doesn't mean you're not about to get shot in the face.
If the Republicrats lose the House it's because of the Social Democrats and NOT Ted Cruz.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by walt501
No kidding. Most voters couldn't tell you what they had for breakfast nor the name of the governor of their state. Maybe if you asked them about Dancing with the Stars or some such.

Not so sure about it? We will have another furlough then another sequester so it has just been prolonged for the moment but nothing actually was solved other than to keep the tyrant in charge happy that he can "rule" for the moment again. I especially thought it was BS when 0 said he would immediately open "our" governemnt, like it was all his doing.
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

1) Quickly form a skirmish line and assault directly TOWARDS the enemy, possibly getting shot to death, but dying a dignified death.

2) Die in place, scared [bleep]

3) Run, and die tired, and a coward.

More like Picket's charge. Noble, unnecessary, and (likely) a disaster.
So what happens in 3 months when the debt limit comes up again? Roll over and play dead? Resist?

Jordan

Except that the Democrats are now the party of "NO", and they have shown themselves to be petulant, vindictive, and mean. "I will not negotiate". Does that sound like a uniter? And the closing of national monuments and parks won't soon be forgotten. Other than that, what government shutdown?
It wasn't a big deal.

And the democrats now own Obamacare, all the pain it is going to cause, and every stumble and failure needs to pointed out.
This isn't over by a long shot.
the repub's were wetting there pants ...while pickets charge came up the hill....
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If the Republicrats lose the House it's because of the Social Democrats and NOT Ted Cruz.

OR OR OR maybe Bush!
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Zero of my Senators, same thing for my President.
My President is Jefferson Davis. Obama can pound sand.

Sam Houston backed down from Santa Anna - once.

Many saw the Washington Mall with heros run over by Pelosi and her crew. In '14 we'll see what voters do.

Jordan

No I think you need to think of it in this sense. If the little bitch in the White House had an ounce of leadership he would have sat down and done what was good for America and his legacy. But what did he do? Stamped his feet and said I'm not going to negotiate. Yep the Fing little loser just set us up to go through this again shortly down the road and anyone with a brain knows that. The Problem is most deturds only think agenda not what is the reality of life. I wouldn't bet Ted handed them more than a bucket of [bleep]!
Ron,for the record he(Cruz) did not piss me off.

What happened is all of the others pissed me off,they let down the whole country.

This same dance will happen next year and i hope that more of them see how they screwed up.

I can hope on that last part can't I?
Not every battle is a kill with the first shot. That doesn't mean you just sit on your hands and do nothing. No, they didn't kill the beast with the first shot, but perhaps they wounded it a bit and more imporantly maybe they gained enough of the electorates attention that it doesn't have to be business as usual forever and that it's too late. It'll take years to turn around the federal beauracratic beast. And a friendly reminder that its not the end of the world if the beast is made to heal for a couple of weeks was worth the effort.

Time will tell.

Jordan

You negotiate rationally with rational people...Pelosi, Reid, and Obama are not rational people. They are insane.

With people like that you negotiate like you are perfectly willing to "die" in the process.

You do not reason with these people....you beat them into submission.

This is what the Republican Party does not "get".
If they hadn't picked this fight, there would be several threads here bitching them out for not attempting to defund Obamacare or freeze the debt ceiling.

Think I'm kidding, just do a search here for 3 weeks ago.

Republican politicians can't win. 1/2 of their party thinks they should do exactly what Cruz did, the other 1/2 thinks they shouldn't have done anything and the media, where the other 68% of the country get's it's news, is blaming them for everything from chicken pox to chiggers.

If I was a Republican congressman, I'd probably say [bleep] it, this country deserves Obama.
Right now Cornyn is running campaign adds. He is running scared. He knows the people see him for what he is. If anyone will primary him he will be out of job. Hasbeen

True. He's scared because of the phone calls he has been getting. Those calls said to grow some balls. He's trying to act like he's gotten the clue, before his next election is due and I expect there will be many more because a lot more folks are getting pissed.

Unfortunately, mine have. Both of them promised to screw us over royally, and they've been doing their best.
No, mainly based on the map of the next election.
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Ron,for the record he(Cruz) did not piss me off.

What happened is all of the others pissed me off,they let down the whole country.

This same dance will happen next year and i hope that more of them see how they screwed up.

I can hope on that last part can't I?

Did Ted Cruz just hand Dems control of the house??? [Re: RobJordan] Maybe the dumbest question posed during this whole episode.

This was not an ambush but a self inflicted wound. Now it is infected and turning into gangrene. Time to amputate the limb! The stench is overwhelming!
Too funny!

Conservatives are winning the battle. People are leaving both parties in doves. Independents now make up 47% of the electorate.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats lost in this mash up. The conservative ideology was championed though and it's winning minds.
How can a "small minority in the house and Senate" accomplish this much disruption if they weren't getting HUGE support from the masses.

This so called epic win for the Democrats cost the President yet another point in his approval ratings.
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Too funny!

Conservatives are winning the battle. People are leaving both parties in doves. Independents now make up 47% of the electorate.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats lost in this mash up. The conservative ideology was championed though and it's winning minds.

Minds that aren't handling the left handed cigarette!!! crazy laugh whistle

Take care, Willie

Conservatives are winning the battle.

You really believe this? Do you live in a cave? When you are standing in a pile of crap you can pretend that it's a flower garden but the bottom line is you still stink! Keep repeating that this was a victory and if you say it loud enough and long enough it will come true!

Geeee...
How can a "small minority in the house and Senate" accomplish this much disruption if they weren't getting HUGE support from the masses.

This so called epic win for the Democrats cost the President yet another point in his approval ratings.

For sure. A Dimocrap woman called in to Hannity radio and said she is a Tea Party member and knows of many other Dimocrats joining the Tea.
Originally Posted by eyeball

For sure. A Dimocrap woman called in to Hannity radio and said she is a Tea Party member and knows of many other Dimocrats joining the Tea.

That there is the extent of your knowledge on current events.grin
Repeat anything you hear on FOX and you are home free!

Fair and Balanced!
Take a look at "Trending Now" on Yahoo:

1 Teacher Lauren Patterson
2 Chloe Grace Moretz
3 Soleil Moon Frye
4 Saber-toothed whale
5 Epinephrine
6 Pat Summitt
7 Gloria de Piero
8 Oregon Ducks
9 50 Shades
10 Yeti bear

This thing is already passed and opening - assuming it was ever on the average American voter's radar in the first place, which I doubt.
Dullards like you ain t ever gonna get it. I don t expect you to get it. I don t care if you ever get it.
Ted will bear the brunt of the blame by the government run media because they fear his leadership ability. He took on a Herculean task of trying to knock some sense into the senseless. Dipschmidts like you will remain dipschmidts, but those of us that work with otherwise life long dems are seeing the light come on about the massive destructive power grab that is obamacare.
As the obama brownshirts showed their true colors barricading public places, as had never been done in any of the other numerous shutdowns, many lights went on in the heads of those union type people. Not all mind you, but don t forget that the leadership of the AFL/CIO was howling mad about the destructive nature of obamacare just as the shutdown started.
Ted did about as much as he could have considering he had no podium in the msm to state the facts and the fact that those in charge of his own party are criminal Dem operatives.
Kudos to my Sen Johnson for standing on the principals he campaigned on
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Conservatives are winning the battle.

You really believe this? Do you live in a cave? When you are standing in a pile of crap you can pretend that it's a flower garden but the bottom line is you still stink! Keep repeating that this was a victory and if you say it loud enough and long enough it will come true!

Geeee...

step out into the real world and learn a thing or two.

ask anyone, liberal or conservative, "is the government too big or too small?" Almost everyone will say it's too big.

It's as simple as that...
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Repeat anything you hear on FOX and you are home free!

Fair and Balanced!

Nice to hear form you NWA. Did they install free wi-fi down at the Two Potato?

Jordan

frpom MSNBC:

Cruz discovers the fringe benefits of failure
10/17/13 10:45 AM

By Steve Benen

The recent political turmoil in Washington was multifaceted and involved quite a few personalities, motivations, and working parts. No one person was ultimately responsible for the entire nightmare.

But if we were to focus in on one main culprit, it�s safe to say Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) would lead the list of suspects. He spent the August recess demanding his party follow his shutdown plan; he offered leadership to House Republicans; the right-wing senator even made himself the public face of this fiasco with a 21-hour speech that served no legislative purpose, but made it easy for Ted Cruz to celebrate his fondness for Ted Cruz.

The freshman Republican became so notorious that when he campaigned for Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia a couple of weeks ago, the gubernatorial hopeful didn�t want any photographs taken of the two of them together.

But let�s not miss the forest for the trees. Cruz led his party into a ditch and drew the ire of Republicans who blame him for his misguided crusade, but the far-right Texan appears to still be in the midst of a long con.

If you were curious, talking on television for 21 straight hours is very lucrative. Over the last quarter, Ted Cruz�s still-young political action committee pulled in $797,000 during the period that included his extended C-SPAN advertorial. It�s nearly twice what Cruz pulled in the quarter prior. [�]

His October report, which covers July 1 to September 30, notes that his PAC has $378,000 on-hand after the nearly $800,000 haul, money that will be used to support conservative candidates and issues close to Cruz�s heart.

Cruz isn�t making many friends among his Senate colleagues; he has no prospects for actually passing bills; and he�s cultivated a public reputation as a dangerous extremist. This may seem like a poor combination, but the senator clearly doesn�t see it that way.

While pushing his party over a cliff, Cruz has also positioned himself as a guy capable of winning straw polls, quickly raising a lot of money, and collecting a massive new database of conservative donors and activists � which may come in handy if a certain someone intends to launch a bid for national office in a couple of years.

Cruz�s party shut down the government and caused a debt-ceiling crisis for reasons that still don�t make any sense, leading to a surrender in which Republicans gained nothing. In fact, it was worse than nothing � the GOP has seen its support collapse, ending up with a deal that could have been better for the party had it been less ridiculous weeks ago.

But from Cruz�s perspective, these developments, while unfortunate, are a small price to pay for advancing his personal ambitions.
Originally Posted by rlott
Take a look at "Trending Now" on Yahoo:

1 Teacher Lauren Patterson
2 Chloe Grace Moretz
3 Soleil Moon Frye
4 Saber-toothed whale
5 Epinephrine
6 Pat Summitt
7 Gloria de Piero
8 Oregon Ducks
9 50 Shades
10 Yeti bear

This thing is already passed and opening - assuming it was ever on the average American voter's radar in the first place, which I doubt.

So...You are placing the Ted Cruz melt down and its importance to the Yetti Bear? Sad
Doesn't NBC stand for "Nothing But Crap"?

You say I'm stupid, yet you support those who say your southern border is more secure than ever before and put up warning signs against getting near the border?

You want to be able to have a gun but support those who would take them away?

I know, makes perfect sense to you.
Originally Posted by stripe55
Dullards like you ain t ever gonna get it. I don t expect you to get it. I don t care if you ever get it.
Ted will bear the brunt of the blame by the government run media because they fear his leadership ability. He took on a Herculean task of trying to knock some sense into the senseless. Dipschmidts like you will remain dipschmidts, but those of us that work with otherwise life long dems are seeing the light come on about the massive destructive power grab that is obamacare.
As the obama brownshirts showed their true colors barricading public places, as had never been done in any of the other numerous shutdowns, many lights went on in the heads of those union type people. Not all mind you, but don t forget that the leadership of the AFL/CIO was howling mad about the destructive nature of obamacare just as the shutdown started.
Ted did about as much as he could have considering he had no podium in the msm to state the facts and the fact that those in charge of his own party are criminal Dem operatives.
Kudos to my Sen Johnson for standing on the principals he campaigned on

Sometimes there is just no hope for some. But kudos to you for trying. But I sure wouldn't lose no sleep over it. Ya gotta take it from the source sometimes!! crazy whistle whistle

Take care, Willie
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

That there is the extent of your knowledge on current events.grin

Hello SAC. Nice of you to somersault out of Cass Sunstein's vagina and join the discussion.
Originally Posted by Sycamore

But from Cruz�s perspective, these developments, while unfortunate, are a small price to pay for advancing his personal ambitions.

You're a silly mofo Syc. Post leftis hit piece [bleep] from PMSNBC and expect to be taken seriously, GFY. I, for one, hope Cruz's "personal ambitions" bear much fruit.

You say I'm stupid, yet you support those who say your southern border is more secure than ever before and put up warning signs against getting near the border?

This ^^^ for libturds, sycker.
+ 1000

Take care, Willie
TAK,

the OP wondered why Cruz did what he did. I pasted an article that posited a reason. I'm not asking you to believe it, or endorse it. It is just more data. It might be right, it might be wrong.

I don't think Cruz is dumb. I don't think he is doing things that he believes will hurt him in the long run.

Sycamore
I wouldn;t care if the Late,Great Jesus Christ were running for
re-election I am voting for whoever runs against him as long as He/She never held a political office before.
In other words you got to be an A-hole to vote for any of those
A-Holes

No, I called you a ding-dong. grin

I'm not sure you and I have ever discussed who I "support". Have we? Or can you "just tell"? Maybe you have special powers?

You don't know very much about me, but it doesn't seem to keep you from posting . That is your MO, to post a lot about something you know little, if anything, about.

Sycamore
TAK,

the OP wondered why Cruz did what he did. I pasted an article that posited a reason. I'm not asking you to believe it, or endorse it. It is just more data. It might be right, it might be wrong.

I don't think Cruz is dumb. I don't think he is doing things that he believes will hurt him in the long run.

Sycamore

In that case, put in a qualifier or two. I keep the pilot light lit on the libtard flamethrower.
Ted Cruz was sent to town to represent the people of Texas's views. He did just that. What a novel idea to do the job you were hired to do actually representing the views of your constituents... The big eye-opener (even for the mostly brain-dead citizen)will be the short falls and real facts about o-care and that it was tied to the so called shut down. Others have also got to see the pettiness of this administration towards the American people. To win you must fight. To fight you must attack. This is just a battle not the whole war...
Originally Posted by velcro
I wouldn;t care if the Late,Great Jesus Christ were running for
re-election I am voting for whoever runs against him as long as He/She never held a political office before.
In other words you got to be an A-hole to vote for any of those
A-Holes

Jesus Christ may be slow, but He is never late. smile
This [bleep] up thread is exactly why we ( Rebublicans) will never win again. WE are divided, THEY (Dems) are not. We better find a middle ground in a hurry in this party or we ARE screwed. The Democtats are laughing their asses off at us.
TAK,

Sycamore

You and your avatar are one.
Yep!

Jordan

If you took the ACA fight/Cruz/Lee issue out of this, the Republicans would be in the SAME situation. Cruz, et. al. is but a convenience to hide the fact that there are too many liberal, graybeard Republicans in Washington. There are too many Republicans that ENJOY the same big spending, pork barreling and country club circuit as the Democrats do.

The midterm fight has just been crystallized. Do conservatives seek out and vet more true conservatives or do we keep the "old guard" republicans in place?
Do the inroads of real conservatives continue to grow or will it die out. That depends on how many are serious to bring the federal government under control.

One thing that didn't get bargained away and it is making the Democrats mad: the Sequestration cuts are still federal law.
That is, the new spending is limited to pre '08 levels. Look for the Dems to demand "bipartisanship" and chip away at this law.

So, did Cruz hand the Dems the House? It depends on how serious YOU get! Elections matter.
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
This [bleep] up thread is exactly why we ( Rebublicans) will never win again. WE are divided, THEY (Dems) are not. We better find a middle ground in a hurry in this party or we ARE screwed. The Democtats are laughing their asses off at us.

No. We must wait for the perfect one, who will satisfy each of us. We deserve it. wink
I am at the point that I don't give a crap anymore. Cruz fought his fight and wish we were still fighting the rest of the filth in the house and senate. I wish the good folks of this counrty had the nads to seceede. That is the only way that we will know the freedom that we grew up with.
I hope so eyeball, I can't take another four years of what we have had to endure the last 8
Why aren't the Dimocraps excoriating zero? He has led them into disgrace against vets, sequester, no ability for a trillion tax increase, drastic military cuts R's can't be blamed for, people pissed off about them wanting to make citizens of 20 million illegals, .....

But do you hear of them pissing on him? No.

You are correct to the point where you ask to find middle ground.
There must be an internal battle within the GOP between the true conservatives or the fake ones like: McCain, McConnell, L. Graham and Boehner. The Dems will eat up "middle ground" and spit them out for lunch.

Watch for immigration reform to creep in here people. My reading tells me the Republicans are "negotiating" behind closed doors on this. If the Dems get their way and there is no reason to think they won't, than you can put the last nail in the coffin of the GOP for a long long time.
Why aren't the Dimocraps excoriating zero? He has led them into disgrace against vets, sequester, no ability for a trillion tax increase, drastic military cuts R's can't be blamed for, people pissed off about them wanting to make citizens of 20 million illegals, .....

But do you hear of them pissing on him? No.

The communtis rat bastards always stick together.
I hope so eyeball, I can't take another four years of what we have had to endure the last 8

Sorry, Buzz, but before its over, we have the Tribulation, maybe now if we don't stand against the Obamanation.
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I am at the point that I don't give a crap anymore. Cruz fought his fight and wish we were still fighting the rest of the filth in the house and senate. I wish the good folks of this counrty had the nads to seceede. That is the only way that we will know the freedom that we grew up with.

Well then you will be part of the problem. Politicians LOVE IT when people don't pay attention. Good luck on your "sales".
Originally Posted by Penguin
Rob that is a very interesting question. On the one hand you have to believe the GOP will be hurt by these shennanigans.

Ahh, shennanigans!

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MFZG8KQJni8[/video]
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Well then you will be part of the problem. Politicians LOVE IT when people don't pay attention. Good luck on your "sales".

Well if you are so fn smart then you tell us the solution to this absurd situation that we we find ourselves in.

+1 he showed he has a pair and is not a repubadem
Simply put, "the box we're in has been closing for a long time now."
The funny little saying about TSHTF is much much closer than people realize. OBY has the "KEY" as Hitler put it, to getting the grip on the people...Healthcare by government.! The worst part of it, is the IRS grip that is used to implement the whole thing. The databases and unfettered access to our bank accts and personal information (YES THE WHOLE TRUTH.!!) is where we have our nuts on the "Block" and he has the whole cleaver selection.
The saddest part is the huge bungling of allowing "Political correctness" to creep into our entire nation and undermine the whole status of what we stand for, and have fought so hard for, all our lives. We have opened the doors to illegals and said "that's OKAY", Gave the keys to our lives to a worthless kid in the whitehouse who doesn't know if he's snakebit-shot-or fu--ed! and now we have trusted our constitution to those who would trade their mothers for a vote to get back in the congress...
Obamacare is the cherrry on the ice cream, and now he has the funding to get it rolling.. Cruz may have been stupid for starting it, and Mike Lee "chimed-in", but when it all boils down to stew... if the whole GOP had stood together like the democrats did (100% !!), the story would be much different for Obama and the slimy-slug crew. The incessant POUNDING of anyone with the nuts to stand up and at least say something and calling them names, is WHY WE ARE - WHERE WE ARE. I know it may seem slight to bring this up but the old saying about "All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.!!!" holds ultimate truth. Cruz AT LEAST SAID SOMETHING, and the rest of the GOP turned into JELLY-BELLIED-RINOS.!Now the Democrats are looking to really hammer the Tea Party to finally shut them up too...
The lesson is over, so lets learn from it and stand TOGETHER against that ENEMY THAT IS DOMESTIC... Democrats, Progressives and the rest of the socialists are eating our beautiful country's heart out of it's breast, and ONLY BY STANDING TOGETHER can we stop it... protect those who would no longer be timid and give them the help to fight if you can't be part of the fight yourself.! I don't want to die knowing my wonderful nation was sold for a Half-black, pot-smoking, Muslim's blind ambitions to be a Marxist Dictator..! Or worse, for a drunk-Pelosi and senile-Reid's legacy as "snakes ruling EDEN..!" I spent my life in this country's service and almost gave it the ultimate..twice!
I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY.!
Cruz was doing his job (i.e. following the constitution as best he could) and you think he "screwed the chicken" on this one?

Go back to civics class, read that "GD" piece of paper and come back with a report.

His job (in which we pay him and the rest of the congress critters their $170K+/year salary) is not to win one for the gipper. His/their job is to uphold and defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC first and foremost.
I have zero problem with Cruz, et al...dividing the Republican Party. It is about damn time that the true conservative Republicans like Cruz, Lee, and the others be identified through the vilification of the Left, the media, and the RINOs that have been complaining about Cruz. If you weren't sure who was a RINO then just look at any Republican that is bitching about Cruz.

Let's divide the party and eliminate the RINOs while simultaneously supporting the true conservatives. It will take longer than we would like, but it is a sure fire way of capturing our country back. Or at least what is left of it.
YES...Well put.!!
Has ANYONE REMEMBERED THAT THE DEMOCRATS HAVE literally run congress since midterm of Bush's last term.. 7 Y E A R S.! AND YET TO PUT FORTH THEIR YEARLY BUDGET AS REQUIRED BY LAW.!!!! gee I WONDER WHY.???????? HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT.!
Originally Posted by frogmanjim67
Simply put, "the box we're in has been closing for a long time now."
The funny little saying about TSHTF is much much closer than people realize. OBY has the "KEY" as Hitler put it, to getting the grip on the people...Healthcare by government.! The worst part of it, is the IRS grip that is used to implement the whole thing. The databases and unfettered access to our bank accts and personal information (YES THE WHOLE TRUTH.!!) is where we have our nuts on the "Block" and he has the whole cleaver selection.
The saddest part is the huge bungling of allowing "Political correctness" to creep into our entire nation and undermine the whole status of what we stand for, and have fought so hard for, all our lives. We have opened the doors to illegals and said "that's OKAY", Gave the keys to our lives to a worthless kid in the whitehouse who doesn't know if he's snakebit-shot-or fu--ed! and now we have trusted our constitution to those who would trade their mothers for a vote to get back in the congress...
Obamacare is the cherrry on the ice cream, and now he has the funding to get it rolling.. Cruz may have been stupid for starting it, and Mike Lee "chimed-in", but when it all boils down to stew... if the whole GOP had stood together like the democrats did (100% !!), the story would be much different for Obama and the slimy-slug crew. The incessant POUNDING of anyone with the nuts to stand up and at least say something and calling them names, is WHY WE ARE - WHERE WE ARE. I know it may seem slight to bring this up but the old saying about "All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.!!!" holds ultimate truth. Cruz AT LEAST SAID SOMETHING, and the rest of the GOP turned into JELLY-BELLIED-RINOS.!Now the Democrats are looking to really hammer the Tea Party to finally shut them up too...
The lesson is over, so lets learn from it and stand TOGETHER against that ENEMY THAT IS DOMESTIC... Democrats, Progressives and the rest of the socialists are eating our beautiful country's heart out of it's breast, and ONLY BY STANDING TOGETHER can we stop it... protect those who would no longer be timid and give them the help to fight if you can't be part of the fight yourself.! I don't want to die knowing my wonderful nation was sold for a Half-black, pot-smoking, Muslim's blind ambitions to be a Marxist Dictator..! Or worse, for a drunk-Pelosi and senile-Reid's legacy as "snakes ruling EDEN..!" I spent my life in this country's service and almost gave it the ultimate..twice!
I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY.!

Thank you for your service, And thanks for speaking your mind!!!! I will throw a few names out their Palin, West, Paul(the younger) Cruz, Lee, and there are others. None that are perfect. But we better quit pissin on them and start tryin to right the ship. Or we are all screwed.

Take care, Willie
[quote=wilkeshunter]I am at the point that I don't give a crap anymore. Cruz fought his fight and wish we were still fighting the rest of the filth in the house and senate. I wish the good folks of this counrty had the nads to seceede. That is the only way that we will know the freedom that we grew up with.

Well then you will be part of the problem. Politicians LOVE IT when people don't pay attention. Good luck on your "sales". [/quote}

Well if you are so fn smart then you tell us the solution to this absurd situation that we we find ourselves in.

Your "absurd" situation won't get better anytime soon if you walk away and think others will do it for you. No, others will
get their way because you don't give a crap. They love it when they can demoralize their opponents - makes their job easier.
Rather, you should get madder and become more resolute to get involved more! By saying no longer "give a crap" implies that at one point you did. We all have to get up, brush ourselves off and fight the enemy. If not for us, for the next generation.
The first fight is to clean house in the liberal wing of the Republican Party. The graybeard leadership has to be removed. There are many more like Cruz and Lee to be found, vetted and backed.
The longer we let the cancer grow, the harder it will be to save the patient. The Democrats are working hard to rule the day. There is still a window of opportunity to deny them their ultimate victory.
Originally Posted by okie
Ted Cruz was sent to town to represent the people of Texas's views. He did just that. What a novel idea to do the job you were hired to do actually representing the views of your constituents... The big eye-opener (even for the mostly brain-dead citizen)will be the short falls and real facts about o-care and that it was tied to the so called shut down. Others have also got to see the pettiness of this administration towards the American people. To win you must fight. To fight you must attack. This is just a battle not the whole war...

Folks are gonna have to elect House Members who will fight, not just names with an R following.

Case in point:

Pa. has 13 R's and 5 D's in its House delegation. You would expect a 13 - 5 split between the N votes and Y votes.

And that's exactly what it was....... except...

13 voted for the Senate bill and 5 voted against it.

Gen Washington wouldn't have gone far with troops like that.

The Democrats ALREADY control the House, DAMMIT !
Originally Posted by frogmanjim67
Has ANYONE REMEMBERED THAT THE DEMOCRATS HAVE literally run congress since midterm of Bush's last term.. 7 Y E A R S.! AND YET TO PUT FORTH THEIR YEARLY BUDGET AS REQUIRED BY LAW.!!!! gee I WONDER WHY.???????? HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT.!

By law? What law? Oh you mean the Constitution, that old rag?
The very one our dictator in chief violates with impunity?
They are budgeting by CR's. They can throw the spending in one pot and no one is the wiser. Its like an omnibus bill in a state where all the spending is lumped into one "package".
The Democtats are laughing their asses off at us.

So is the MSM & they are aiding & abetting the Dems in making us look even worse.

MM
By the way people, as the ACA moves ahead, it will make SSI, Medicare and Medicaid look like well managed and fiscally responsible programs. Never mind all of them are deep in debt - a mere trivial point of interest.
[quote=wilkeshunter]I am at the point that I don't give a crap anymore. Cruz fought his fight and wish we were still fighting the rest of the filth in the house and senate. I wish the good folks of this counrty had the nads to seceede. That is the only way that we will know the freedom that we grew up with.

Well then you will be part of the problem. Politicians LOVE IT when people don't pay attention. Good luck on your "sales". [/quote}

Your "absurd" situation won't get better anytime soon if you walk away and think others will do it for you. No, others will
get their way because you don't give a crap. They love it when they can demoralize their opponents - makes their job easier.
Rather, you should get madder and become more resolute to get involved more! By saying no longer "give a crap" implies that at one point you did. We all have to get up, brush ourselves off and fight the enemy. If not for us, for the next generation.
The first fight is to clean house in the liberal wing of the Republican Party. The graybeard leadership has to be removed. There are many more like Cruz and Lee to be found, vetted and backed.
The longer we let the cancer grow, the harder it will be to save the patient. The Democrats are working hard to rule the day. There is still a window of opportunity to deny them their ultimate victory.

You make a good point but do you think we can actually make any progress with our current demographics?

You make a good point but do you think we can actually make any progress with our current demographics?

Look, I'm as thoroughly pizzed as you are. But if we quit, we guarantee the loss. We have to pick and choose our "fights" carefully. Our demographics will get much worse if immigration reform is passed. The moronic old guard republicans somehow think that if they get onboard with the democrats and foster some mythical pathway to citizenship, they, the republicans, can win over a fair share of the Hispanics. They are wrong, wrong, wrong. The democrats will use the republicans to pass some bullcrap pathway but easily get the lions share of new voters. Rubio and Paul Ryan seem to be in with the democrats which is surprising. Rubio swore on numerous talkshows that he would back out of the gang of 6 or 8 if they didn't guarantee border security. Well the dems in the "gang" didn't and Rubio stayed with them.
The bastard dems are so cunning and the republicans seem so ignorant of the traps they keep stepping in.
Obama and the democrats know if they can get immigration reform, they can legitimize the votes and put the last nail in the GOP coffin for a long long time. That is the next important fight imho.
In 1995 the GOP shut down the government, unlike the petulant child who is in there now, Clinton sat down with Gingrich and worked with him, so what did we get?

We got Welfare reform, and despite dire predictions of poor people starving in the streets, things worked out. We also got a couple of balanced budgets which are now Clinton's legacy.

So what happened this time? Well, Obama refused to talk or negotiate, what did that give us? Nothing was addressed, we are no closer to a budget, no closer to addressing a 17, now 18 million dollar debt. Now Obama will attempt to legalize 20 million more ACA patients, most of whom will get it for free or at a reduced price, further stressing his program.

In 2014 businesses will have to join the ACA, can you say lay-off city, part-time bonanza? He will give the unions a waiver, more anger that some are given a pass, others a $6000 deductible.

This is a bump in the road, Obama still has huge problems and plenty of time for things to melt down, and people to realize Cruz was a visionary. In some ways it would be better if we lost the house, then who could the democrats blame when it falls apart, and we know it has to fall apart, it can't work

We know an inflation storm is on the way, we know the ACA is going to give a majority of people sticker shock, they too will come to understand Cruz's opposition. I think this is nothing to worry about, I think Obama is still headed for a world of hurt.
In some ways it would be better if we lost the house, then who could the democrats blame when it falls apart, and we know it has to fall apart, it can't work

Holy [bleep] please tell me it's April fools in October. crazy

Take care, Willie
Originally Posted by okie

This.
You are right on the mark, Bark (well, except for the 17-18 million which is really trillion)

You see, I read what you write, because you're right. wink
You are right on the mark, Bark (well, except for the 17-18 million which is really trillion)

You see, I read what you write, because you're right. wink

State of denial I suppose. smile Amazing that demanding we stop this debt insanity is seen as extremism....a world gone mad.
"The first fight is to clean house in the liberal wing of the Republican Party. The graybeard leadership has to be removed. There are many more like Cruz and Lee to be found, vetted and backed."

You have to admit, my friend, that if a Cruz or Lee were to be born in your part of the country, the child would never reach adulthood.
We have some Representatives here in Arkansas that I thought were conservative until the vote the other day when they all voted yes. I have sent my Rep. a letter with my views about what he did but have not heard back from him except a form letter saying that he got my e-mail. Tom Cotton (not my Rep.) is making noise about running for the Senate against Pryor, a Democrat, and I thought about supporting him until this vote. Now I will have to study things more. I still want Pryor out. I am not bashful about letting them know where I stand but I fear most do not, just bitch at the coffee shop. miles
Doing the right thing isn't always easy, but it's always the right thing to do...
So far, Cruz is doing exactly what he said he would, and what we elected him for. How many of you can say that?

Maybe THAT is the problem.
I'm not so sure. Remember that the liberals own the MSM, Hollywood, the Internet (as far as getting out their message), the young voter, women, & minorities. This will be hammered to the liberal benefit during the upcoming Congressional elections. The Democrats long ago learned how to fight the fight with slanted attack ads & appeal to those looking for hand outs. While I doubt the Democrats will gain control of the House the Republican Party will remain on the skids & gain little or nothing in the Senate.

Jordan

I'll ignore any political wisdom originating in California.

"Those guys don't think like us".

Sound familiar? grin
Originally Posted by ltppowell
So far, Cruz is doing exactly what he said he would, and what we elected him for. How many of you can say that?

There are no congressmen from North Dakota representing the people of ND. I have however sent Ted Cruz letters twice now for representing the American people.
[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c6IvgMqNifA[/video]
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Jordan

I'll ignore any political wisdom originating in California.

The goal should be to stand for what is right and stand your ground. Fight the good fight and if you lose, fight the next fight.

Cruz has done that and moved to the head of the Conservative Tea Party.

The same Party that sent a lot the GOP Establishment back home in the mid-terms and a couple in 2012.

That part of the electorate is on fire and was more than enough to get the job done in the 2010 mid-terms.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Lee from Utah is right there too!
And they are becoming the leaders of the Republican Party- which is why the R's are pissed.
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"The first fight is to clean house in the liberal wing of the Republican Party. The graybeard leadership has to be removed. There are many more like Cruz and Lee to be found, vetted and backed."

You have to admit, my friend, that if a Cruz or Lee were to be born in your part of the country, the child would never reach adulthood.

I have and I'm a senior citizen. shocked
In reality, no matter how "blue" your state is, there are conservatives who live there - in each and every Congressional District. They have to be found, vetted and encouraged to run.
Some already may be active in the GOP party and never thought of running. Ditto for others in the Tea Party.
This is how the Dems do it. One congressional district at a time.
This is what they call "grassroots politics".
The whole point that was proven, was to show the country just how ruthless and what extents they will go to have their way with this country. Like Obama said, he wanted to "Make it hurt" and he did. What he has done in this little display was nothing to what he could do if he gets complete control like he wants.! If the libs are just STUPID enough and the Conservatives are just lazy enough... it will get handed to him, and then the constitution will be nothing but toilet paper for his outhouse.! Simple concept, unless you've seen dictators do it, and the futile fight to try and stop someone with that much POWER.! Cruz just got a small taste of what that kind of POWER can do in corrupt hands.! Harry and the boys just handed him his head and the RINOS stood and said YES it was GOOD.! Face it guys, the stand is a tad LATE in coming.!
Personally, I support Cruz, Lee, Paul and the few Republicans who still know what the word Conservative means.

At this point, after Barry was reelected, I try not to understand the thought process, if there is one, of the vast majority of the voting public.. I dont think anyone can accurately predict what 14' will bring..

That being said, if we end up with a Democratic House and Senate, and Barry still in office, even if only for two years, that'll be all it takes to finish this country off.
© 24hourcampfire