Home
I took a real sucker punch this week. I was just informed that my best friend from when I grew up back in Ohio had his house burn to the ground last weekend, and they have lost everything. They were gone, so no one was hurt, but it was a total loss. It was an old farm house, and out off the end of the water lines, so I'm sure they had no other way to fight the fire except with tanker runs. The ironic thing is, Bill comes from a family with ties to the local volunteer fire department.

Bill and his wife Lori are true salt-of-the earth folks. Their many friends and families are pitching in to get them through this, and I intend to help too. I was wondering if anyone had any second hand hunting gear they could pass on to me so I could forward it to Bill. He is the type that would never ask for a thing, so I have to just force the issue, ans I know he'd never take it otherwise. I'm hoping for a orange hunting coat, size 2XL and anything else any of us could possibly spare. Bill's got a heart of gold and would do anything for a friend in need, so now it's time for me to return the favor. Any contributions would be greatly appreciated, as he lost everything. I'm going to find out if he has lined up a rifle and shotgun, and if that hasn't been covered, I'm going to take care of it. What really sucks is deer season opens in Ohio and Pennsylvania this Monday. I"m sure he's been covered for this season, but I'm hoping for a little more permanent contribution.

Thank you very much guys.
Prayers on the way
Prayers on the way GG.
Thank you very much guys-I will make sure Bill sees this.
PM me if you don't still have my number. I have a blaze orange coat that would fit him.
PM sent
Thanks to Goalie for his continued generosity. I hope to put a care package in the mail very soon for Bill.
Sending this back to the top, guys. We need more prayers and more help. Bill's a very good friend and I am hurting over this, especially since I can't get down there right now. Bill married into a farm family, and I'm sure they'll get lots of help, but I have to do my part, as this is what friends do for each other. Shamelessly asking for help here guys-any used gear you could contribute?

Knife?
Drag rope?
Hunting socks?
Compass?
Gloves?

Anything a deer hunter would carry would be greatly appreciated. Doesn't have to be new-just useable gear to get him going again.
You lose so much when your house is destroyed. So many small items that can not be replaced. I will happily pray for them.

Jim
Done
Pm me your address. I've got a spare knife and compass I can send.
Prayers sent
PM me your address. I have a nice set of insulated bibs and a jacket that I am pretty sure are 2XL. They are Remington brand and brand new.

twofish
Prayers on the way GG.
Bob
Originally Posted by twofish
PM me your address. I have a nice set of insulated bibs and a jacket that I am pretty sure are 2XL. They are Remington brand and brand new.

twofish
pm sent
Prayers sent.
Prayers lifted up for your friend.

You're a good man and a true friend.

Ed
Thanks to everyone for the prayers and support. You are helping a good man here.
Pushing this back to the top, guys.

Flannel shirt? (2xl)
Long johns tops and bottoms (2XZL-used is fine)
A hot seat?
Hooded sweatshirt?
Size 13 hunting boots?
Cheap binoculars?
12 gauge rifled slugs? Any brand- 2 3/4 inch preferred.
A day sack?
Gun cleaning supplies?

They lost everything, so anything you could spare would be greatly appreciated. Used is fine.

The prayers and well wishes go a very long way too. Thank you all very much.

Best Regards,

GG
Back to the top. Your prayers and help are really appreciated.
btt Please help if you can-prayers are greatly appreciated.
Geez, I have a ton of extra gear I think. Let me know what else you need and I'll take a look.
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Sending this back to the top, guys. We need more prayers and more help. Bill's a very good friend and I am hurting over this, especially since I can't get down there right now. Bill married into a farm family, and I'm sure they'll get lots of help, but I have to do my part, as this is what friends do for each other. Shamelessly asking for help here guys-any used gear you could contribute?

Knife?
Drag rope?
Hunting socks?
Compass?
Gloves?

Anything a deer hunter would carry would be greatly appreciated. Doesn't have to be new-just useable gear to get him going again.

I can get him into a knife for sure!
I also have a day pack he can have.
GG,

PM sent. I have most everything to get him in the woods.
Sent GG.
I can offer thoughts and prayers.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I can offer thoughts and prayers.
Thank you very much sir. I am a firm believer in the power of prayer here at the 'Fire. I've seen it's positive effects many times.

T-Zone-thanks for the help buddy.
Prayers sent from here too. I'll rummage around and see what I can contribute.
An update:

Here's what we have:

A complete set of outwear
Orange stocking cap
Day pack
Head lamp
gutting gloves
gloves
wool socks
lightweight socks
orange lightweight vest
compass
hunting knife
swiss army style knife
drag rope
waterproof matches and case
disposable poncho
various emergency fire starting supplies
I'm sure there's others I'm missing here.

We could use:
2XL long johns, tops and bottom
2XL t-shirts
A belt, probably about size 44 or 46.
Size 13 boots
Gun cleaning supplies
12 gauge rifles slugs- 2 3/4", any brand.

I am looking for a 12 gauge Mossberg Model 500 with either a tubed barrel or preferably a modified choke barrel. I have a slug barrel all ready that I acquired in a trade, so want to match a gun to this barrel. It will probably be after Christmas before I can buy this-my budget on the gun will be $200.00. If you have one your'e interested in selling for this project, p.m. me.

Keep in mind, they lost everything. USED GEAR IS JUST FINE. A lot of this stuff isn't cheap, and I realize that. Whatever you can spare would be helpful.

Please, please, please-keep the prayers coming. They are more important-all the rest is just "stuff" in the grand scheme of things.

We have an awesome group here guys. Thanks again for your help.

Most Sincerely,

GG
Back to the top guys. Prayers and contributions are greatly appreciated.
I can help out. I know I have slugs, just not sure if 2.75" or 3". May have a set of binos. Don't know where they are, as there are some boxes still not unpacked from the move, but I'll look. I'd bestow a set of waders but your buddy's feet are too big.

If he's willing to take it down and clean the hell out of it (the action is like molasses right now but I assure you it still runs), I'll sell you a Winchester 1300 pump for a dollar for your buddy. I think I have two barrels for it. It's my first long gun, and has killed a boatload of ducks and other critters. FFL transfer only. Let me know.
Man, Leighton, how do I pass that up? I would be honored to pass that along. I will pay your shipping. I will contact my FFL and set things up and get back to you.

Thanks for your endless generousity. The people on this sight are awesome.

Rest assured that your prayers count. I in turn offer prayers to all our members for coming through for a total stranger in their time of need. I owe each and every one of you big time.

Best Regards,

Jeff
I cannot imagine what your buddy feels like, losing everything in the blink of an eye. The family pictures, the little treasures built up over a lifetime, the everything. You stated that he's one of your oldest and best friends, right? That means he's a good man in my book, and trying to help out in a small way and maybe give something that just might bring a smile to a dude who is not feeling much like smiling right now, especially with the holiday season closing in? Sheeit. I'm happy to do it. You've got the digits. Call when you can and we'll get Winnie off to her new home. A TON of memories and mojo come with her gratis. Some day I'll tell you the story about how she and I had it out with a real life goblin under an inner city bridge. wink
Prayers sent from here. I don't have any gear but it it gets down to needing something I can send contribute towards what is needed.
Leighton, as always, I am blown away by your selfless actions towards others. Mack, thanks very much for your thoughts as well. This whole project is taking on some serious momentum. I will try to sit down and revise the list of what we have, and what we could still use a little later here today. The first package will be going out in a week here, as I want it there in time for Christmas. The bulk of the rest of it will be delivered by me personally. I haven't been back home in several years now, and a road trip was in order anyways. Doing it for a "cause" makes the homecoming much more sweet.

Once again, I can't begin to thank everyone enough. You people are changing lives through your prayers and help for others.

I will always be in your debt.
Back to the top. More prayers would be greatly appreciated.
A man would probably like new long johns, you have a paypal account?
No sir, sorry I don't.
Back up again guys. Keep praying please.
Originally Posted by OldRook
Pm me your address. I've got a spare knife and compass I can send.
Thanks to Old Rook for the beautiful Schrade knife and compass which arrived today. Bill will be very grateful.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
I can help out. I know I have slugs, just not sure if 2.75" or 3". May have a set of binos. Don't know where they are, as there are some boxes still not unpacked from the move, but I'll look. I'd bestow a set of waders but your buddy's feet are too big.

If he's willing to take it down and clean the hell out of it (the action is like molasses right now but I assure you it still runs), I'll sell you a Winchester 1300 pump for a dollar for your buddy. I think I have two barrels for it. It's my first long gun, and has killed a boatload of ducks and other critters. FFL transfer only. Let me know.
Leighton-PM sent.
If anyone has a used pair of size 13 hunting boots, we could use those yet. Also, XXL long johns would be appreciated. Stuff has started coming in, and I will be putting the first care package in the mail next week. Your prayers and contributions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys,

Jeff
I cannot imagine what your buddy feels like, losing everything in the blink of an eye. The family pictures, the little treasures built up over a lifetime, the everything.

Our house burnt to the ground years back. Stuff is just that. STUFF.

The pictures and heirlooms are the irreplaceable items that hit the family hard. Mom's especially.

Jeff, let me know when you need that gear. We'll get to your buddy.
Tom-thanks for the help. Are you going to be around Sunday? I might be able to run up for it then.

I'm not sure.
Back to the top again. Help and prayers are greatly appreciated.
One more time back to the top just in case anyone didn't see this and would like to help. Your prayers are greatly appreciated. We could still use a couple things here. Long johns, size 2 XL and a pair of hunting boots in size 13 would be greatly appreciated. I will post an update when the first package goes out this week.

Thanks again to all who have thrown their support to someone they don't even know. I will post a list of who contributed later this week.

We truly have something very special here guys, and I sincerely hope I get the opportunity to Pay It Forward to each and every one who responded here.
I had the pleasure of meeting Crowbuster yesterday. He donated graciously to the cause. I will be sending a care package down to Ohio this Saturday so it's in time for Christmas. We are still in need of XXL long johns and a pair of size 13 hunting boots, new or used, if anyone has any to contribute.

Thanks again to everyone for helping out.
Prayers sent!
An update on our progress here. I have received lots of gear via our many friends here at the fire. I have a couple stops to make around town here to pick stuff up yet. T-Zone and Goalie-I will be in touch this week. We have also received checks for Bill and Lori, which will be greatly appreciated.

If you're still interested in helping them out, we're still looking for Sz. 13 hiking boots and hunting boots, and XXL long johns, and a starter kit for a .50 cal. in-line muzzleloader. New or gently used is fine. Anything else hunting related that you might have and would like to donate will be put to good use. If I end up with duplicates, I plan on swapping-trading for stuff Bill can use.

I called Bill and Lori yesterday for Christmas. They are doing well. Lori's sister had a vacant in-law apartment attached to her house, and Bill and Lori are staying there. Bill descended into the foundation looking for anything salvageable, but there was nothing to be saved. They are dealing with this very well, all things considered. The insurance adjusters are telling them it will be at least 45 days before they receive their settlement. Bill said the neighboring farm is interested in purchasing the property. 'Sounds like it will be early spring before they are able to get a place.

Thanks again for all who have helped. Your prayers are greatly appreciated.
We're working on a muzzleloader yet for my buddy. If anyone is still interested in donating to this cause, we could use a CVA inline starter kit. I'll be picking up a CVA Buckhorn shortly. We still need sz. 13 boots and XXL long johns too. Thanks for your continued help and prayers guys.
Jeff,

You're good to go on the boots and long johns. Had to wait until the underwear came in - no way could I give a guy my used drawers - he would never recover! Everything sent UPS last Friday. PM for a tracking # if not received by this week Tues. Threw in a pair of Pentax Compacts for good measure.

Cheers!

Steve
Can't believe I missed this before. I have some XXL hunting stuff I can gladly donate. How is he on regular clothes like T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, etc? Any idea on pants size? Wife and I just went through our stuff this weekend and I have a pile of clothes I'm gonna give away, mostly XXL shirts, sweatshirts. Several sizes of pants as I lost a lot of weight a couple years ago and still have a variety of sizes. As far as hunting boots, leather lace ups or rubber pull ons? I will donate one of whatever he wants. Shoot me a PM for your address.
Also, need some bullets and sabots for the inline? Shooting .50 I assume? I have some left over SST's and the sabots they come in. I use crushed ribs, so I have a bunch of sabots.
Chumley-we'll take anything you have to offer. Bill's a mountain of a man. Looks like the kind of guy (size-wise) you wouldn't want to run up against in a bar fight. XXL T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. I'll get pants sizes. I plan on driving down this spring to deliver everything so as to avoid FFL signings for the transfer of the shotgun and rifle. I've got an Explorer, so I've got plenty of room. I focused on his hunting gear. Bill and Laurie have had lots of help from local sources, but this stuff will all get put to good use. My sincerest thanks go out to all who've prayed, or helped otherwise. We have a very special group of folks here, and I am deeply indebted to each and every one. It's a God thing too. I firmly believe this. Just yesterday my sister in law gave me a $100.00 bill to contribute to the effort. This coming from someone who reall doesn't support hunting or the shooting sports. She's not an "anti" just not interested. Bill and Laurie are the kind of folks anyone would like to know. Heavily involved in civic activities, and Bill, ironically is a Volunteer Fire Fighter, following in the footsteps of his dad.

We will gladly put to use any contributions. I am going to be buying Bill his replacement muzzleloader very soon here. It will be a CVA Buckhorn. It's an entry level gun, but my son shoots one of these and really likes it. It will serve him just fine.
Steve-Thank you so very much! I will let you know when the gear arrives. Your help filled a much needed gap and is greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Can't believe I missed this before. I have some XXL hunting stuff I can gladly donate. How is he on regular clothes like T-Shirts, Sweatshirts, etc? Any idea on pants size? Wife and I just went through our stuff this weekend and I have a pile of clothes I'm gonna give away, mostly XXL shirts, sweatshirts. Several sizes of pants as I lost a lot of weight a couple years ago and still have a variety of sizes. As far as hunting boots, leather lace ups or rubber pull ons? I will donate one of whatever he wants. Shoot me a PM for your address.
Chumley-I have at least one pair of boots coming, but I'm not sure if they're heavy boots or more of a hiking weight. Let me get these in and see what type they are, and then I'll get back to you. If the ones coming in are heavier weight winter boots, and you have a pair of hiking boots, that would be great. I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Jeff
Also, need some bullets and sabots for the inline? Shooting .50 I assume? I have some left over SST's and the sabots they come in. I use crushed ribs, so I have a bunch of sabots.
We could use those bullets and sabots. I'm going through my son's stuff and taking some for him too. Thanks again, sir. My stuff won't run in his gun, as I shoot a .54 Hawkins running .530 dia. patched roundballs.
bump
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Jeff,

You're good to go on the boots and long johns. Had to wait until the underwear came in - no way could I give a guy my used drawers - he would never recover! Everything sent UPS last Friday. PM for a tracking # if not received by this week Tues. Threw in a pair of Pentax Compacts for good measure.

Cheers!

Steve
Received a nice set of Sorrel Pack boots and a set of long johns today from Charlie Foxtrot-this was one of the things we needed and is greatly appreciated. Thanks again to everyone who's answered the call.
Glad you got everything alright. Binocs should be in one of the boots. This is a good thing you're doing. The Big Karma guy is gonna throw some your way. smile
Sorry but I just saw this ,my prayers are on the way
Thanks Rick. They need all the help they can get. Prayers are immensely important.
I'm also going to round up a set if basic fishing gear for them. I've got two spinning outfits, two baitcasters, and lots of terminal takle. What I don't have is a pair of spin-casting outfits. If anyone's got a couple Zebco 202's with spin cast rods they're not using, I could put them to good use for Bill and Lori. I'm also in need of a basic tackle box if anyone's got a used one they don't need any more. The spinning outfits will be something Bill is very familiar with. My dad brought me up fishing with Mitchell spinning reels-300's and 308's. I've got a couple old 300's that look like brand new, as well as a couple of period correct Garcia Conolon fiberglass spinning rods. He's gonna get a kick out of these, as Bill was always jealous of our Mitchell's and always wanted one as a kid.
Chumley-I have at least one pair of boots coming, but I'm not sure if they're heavy boots or more of a hiking weight. Let me get these in and see what type they are, and then I'll get back to you. If the ones coming in are heavier weight winter boots, and you have a pair of hiking boots, that would be great. I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Jeff
Chumley-I got a nice pair of Sorrel pac boots. We could still use a light pair of hiking boots for early season use. PM sent.
Posted By: jimy Re: Prayers and help for a friend - 01/09/14
What does he fish for, bait hook size bobbers split shots?
Panfish most likely. So probably siz. 8. I think he might venture across the border for stream trout once in a while. For bass, I'm sure he probably drowns some worms mostly.
How about an update, Jeff? I'm curious about any developments. Has your buddy Bill seen the thread? Has he received all the donated items you've procured for him yet? Has he received the insurance settlement for the loss of his home yet? Did he get hunting this year? Bring us up to speed, eh?
I told Bill where to find the thread but I don't know if he's gotten on here or not. I hope he does and joins in the dialog. I have all the gear rounded up here at my place, as well as some funds donated by our generous members. I have a couple 'Fire members who've got stuff they want to get to me. I need to take a day and just go pick stuff up. Here's a partial list of what we've rounded up so far:

12 ga. Winchester Model 1300 with two barrels.
Marlin Model 60 .22 LR with scope.
CVA Buckhorn in .50 cal.
At least two sets of heavy hunting coats and pants.
A pair of Sorel hunting boots
Orange vest
Stocking caps
Gloves
Binoculars
Compass
Hunting knife
Swiss Army style knife
Leatherman style knife
Matches and match case
Long Johns
Gutting gloves
Drag rope
500 rounds of .22 ammo
12 Gauge rifled slugs
12 gauge shot shells, 4 bx.
Pellets and B.B.'s for a pellet gun yet to be picked up.
Canteen
Thermos
Poncho
Wool socks
Lightweight socks
Open sight set to be mounted on the slug barrel for the shotgun.

I'm going through all my odds and ends and anything I have duplicates of will be included in the care package too.

I've also decided to put together some fishing gear, as he lost all that stuff too. To that end, here's what I've got so far:

2 medium heavy baitcasting rods and reels.
2 medium spincast outfits.
2 spinning rigs. Bill always like my old Mitchell 300 and Mitchell 308's, and I don't use them much any more, so I grabbed one of each, tore them apart, lubed 'em and bought fresh bail springs for them. (Anyone who ever used these know the importance of having extra bail springs.) I have matching Garcia Conolon rods to go with them. All guides have been replaced and they're good to go.
Miscellaneous terminal tackle-hooks, sinkers, bobbers, swivels, stringers, hemostats for hook removal, etc.
A variety of lures. Daredevils, spinnerbaits, spinners, jigs, surface lures, divers, spinners, etc.

What I could use yet if anyone would like to help-

A plastic one or two tray tackle box, used.
A starter kit for a .50 cal. CVA Buckhorn.
A basic cleaning kit for the shotgun and .22.

I don't feel like we need cash donations at this point, as the community has rallied around them pretty impressively down in Ohio, and I have some donations rec'd all ready. If you have anything you might be interested in donating, you might want to run it by me as we're getting this pretty well wrapped up. If I get stuff we all ready have, I may try to use it as trade bait for anything we need yet. I would contact whoever donated the stuff to make sure they were ok with me doing that. My plan is to wait for the winter weather to break, probably making the trip down in early to mid May. Bill and Lori are doing well, living with a relative of Lori's. The last I talked to Bill, which was last week, they hadn't settled with the insurance company yet, and it didn't sound like that was close to happening. They have rec'd an offer from the adjacent farm to purchase their land. No word on the proceedings on that yet. I will keep everyone posted.

Most of all, I ask for continued prayers for my buddy and his wife. Lest we forget they are still without a home to call their own.

Thanks again for all that's been done, and I can't wait to be able to hand this care package off to Bill.
TTT
That was the end of it??
Hope everything turned out okay after all of those years!
It's a God thing too.

LOL
Bump for JeffA.
Bump
Glad you got everything alright. Binocs should be in one of the boots. This is a good thing you're doing. The Big Karma guy is gonna throw some your way. smile

Ohhhh snap!!
I told Bill where to find the thread but I don't know if he's gotten on here or not. I hope he does and joins in the dialog. I have all the gear rounded up here at my place, as well as some funds donated by our generous members. I have a couple 'Fire members who've got stuff they want to get to me. I need to take a day and just go pick stuff up. Here's a partial list of what we've rounded up so far:

12 ga. Winchester Model 1300 with two barrels.
Marlin Model 60 .22 LR with scope.
CVA Buckhorn in .50 cal.
At least two sets of heavy hunting coats and pants.
A pair of Sorel hunting boots
Orange vest
Stocking caps
Gloves
Binoculars
Compass
Hunting knife
Swiss Army style knife
Leatherman style knife
Matches and match case
Long Johns
Gutting gloves
Drag rope
500 rounds of .22 ammo
12 Gauge rifled slugs
12 gauge shot shells, 4 bx.
Pellets and B.B.'s for a pellet gun yet to be picked up.
Canteen
Thermos
Poncho
Wool socks
Lightweight socks
Open sight set to be mounted on the slug barrel for the shotgun.

I'm going through all my odds and ends and anything I have duplicates of will be included in the care package too.

I've also decided to put together some fishing gear, as he lost all that stuff too. To that end, here's what I've got so far:

2 medium heavy baitcasting rods and reels.
2 medium spincast outfits.
2 spinning rigs. Bill always like my old Mitchell 300 and Mitchell 308's, and I don't use them much any more, so I grabbed one of each, tore them apart, lubed 'em and bought fresh bail springs for them. (Anyone who ever used these know the importance of having extra bail springs.) I have matching Garcia Conolon rods to go with them. All guides have been replaced and they're good to go.
Miscellaneous terminal tackle-hooks, sinkers, bobbers, swivels, stringers, hemostats for hook removal, etc.
A variety of lures. Daredevils, spinnerbaits, spinners, jigs, surface lures, divers, spinners, etc.

What I could use yet if anyone would like to help-

A plastic one or two tray tackle box, used.
A starter kit for a .50 cal. CVA Buckhorn.
A basic cleaning kit for the shotgun and .22.

I don't feel like we need cash donations at this point, as the community has rallied around them pretty impressively down in Ohio, and I have some donations rec'd all ready. If you have anything you might be interested in donating, you might want to run it by me as we're getting this pretty well wrapped up. If I get stuff we all ready have, I may try to use it as trade bait for anything we need yet. I would contact whoever donated the stuff to make sure they were ok with me doing that. My plan is to wait for the winter weather to break, probably making the trip down in early to mid May. Bill and Lori are doing well, living with a relative of Lori's. The last I talked to Bill, which was last week, they hadn't settled with the insurance company yet, and it didn't sound like that was close to happening. They have rec'd an offer from the adjacent farm to purchase their land. No word on the proceedings on that yet. I will keep everyone posted.

Most of all, I ask for continued prayers for my buddy and his wife. Lest we forget they are still without a home to call their own.

Thanks again for all that's been done, and I can't wait to be able to hand this care package off to Bill.

WOW,

That's looting, taken to the next level !

SOB.
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Ohhhh snap!!

Rooster, I take it, you, Tom & Dave knew about this ?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
That was the end of it??

Jim, this from a few months later, like 2/3 of a year later:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9203853/update-on-my-buddy-bill
I’m just glad Bill got his matches back that burned up in the fire.

Glad I wasn’t the poor sucker that fell for THAT one!
Originally Posted by Valsdad
That was the end of it??

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9203853/update-on-my-buddy-bill
Late last winter, or early this spring, I asked for donations here to help out my friend Bill who lost his house in a fire on Thanksgiving day. As is always the case, our members stepped up big time with lots of gear to replace Bill's hunting equipment that had been lost forever. I am relieved to say, that I've finally been able to get most of the gear and donations on their way to Bill. A co-worker of his was passing through the Twin Cities area today, and was able to take a rifle, pellet gun, a slug barrel for a shotgun I've got in layaway for him, plus outerwear, hats, a back pack full of hunting gear and ammo, as well as fishing gear and a sleeping bag. I should have the shotgun paid off in two weeks and then it will be mailed down to an FFL near Bill for him to pick up in time for hunting.

Thank you very much to all who stepped up and donated to the cause of a man they've never met. Bill's a good guy and is really going to make use of all this stuff. Thanks again guys. This never could have come to be without your generous contributions.

why would he need to:
1- wait until a coworker pass through town to hand stuff off when he clearly stated he was making the road trip to deliver said list of items
2- need to lay a shotgun away if Leighton gave him a 1300 with two barrels
I hate to be him, when Goalie catches up, for a "chat" !
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Valsdad
That was the end of it??

Late last winter, or early this spring, I asked for donations here to help out my friend Bill who lost his house in a fire on Thanksgiving day. As is always the case, our members stepped up big time with lots of gear to replace Bill's hunting equipment that had been lost forever. I am relieved to say, that I've finally been able to get most of the gear and donations on their way to Bill. A co-worker of his was passing through the Twin Cities area today, and was able to take a rifle, pellet gun, a slug barrel for a shotgun I've got in layaway for him, plus outerwear, hats, a back pack full of hunting gear and ammo, as well as fishing gear and a sleeping bag. I should have the shotgun paid off in two weeks and then it will be mailed down to an FFL near Bill for him to pick up in time for hunting.

Thank you very much to all who stepped up and donated to the cause of a man they've never met. Bill's a good guy and is really going to make use of all this stuff. Thanks again guys. This never could have come to be without your generous contributions.

why would he need to:
1- wait until a coworker pass through town to hand stuff off when he clearly stated he was making the road trip to deliver said list of items
2- need to lay a shotgun away if Leighton gave him a 1300 with two barrels

Yep, some things just don't make sense.

That's why I asked in the other thread if anyone knew this guy personally.

Maybe they know "the rest of the story"?
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Ohhhh snap!!

What? That there was a scam being carried out? Heck no. Homey don't play that game!

I read rumblings here about it, sometime afterwards though.
Well at least now I understand why most guys just "send prayers"....all the good feels of helping without the risk of getting ripped off.
I wonder what his new username is
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

Ohhhh snap!!

What? That there was a scam being carried out? Heck no. Homey don't play that game!

I read rumblings here about it, sometime afterwards though.

Thanks Big fella.

Respect.
Hey Scumgunner, just out of curiosity, what's your shoesize? God bless!
"Not sure what he fishes for, but I'm guessing he's a worm drowner. So, seeking bobbers, splitshot and j hooks. Or the $2.77 one could buy them from at WallyWorld...hfs you shytbird you! lol I *must've* been totally 'faced to have bought into this donkey olympics! lmao
The 'layaway' shotty! Well, that's that. I definitely need to be horse-whipped for not calling Yahtzee reading that one. LMAO I am shamed!
Originally Posted by Futura
I wonder what his new username is

The miss lynn convention would predict: “GopherKat”
Who donated the Marlin 60?

and that small cache of rimfire ammo.

He probably hawked that and made a down payment on him and Cathy’s new dream double-wide.
Originally Posted by Higginez
I’m just glad Bill got his matches back that burned up in the fire.

Glad I wasn’t the poor sucker that fell for THAT one!

I want to know who needs a compass to hunt in Ohio.

LOL
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who donated the Marlin 60?

and that small cache of rimfire ammo.

He probably hawked that and made a down payment on him and Cathy’s new dream double-wide.

I'd like to know how Kamo Columbo cracked the case and got his schit back.
Originally Posted by deflave

+1
Originally Posted by FOsteology

+1

Pretty sure it was stated somewhere that Kamo Columbo saw a pic of GG posing with his (Kamo Columbo's) shotgun and called him out resulting in GG sending the shotgun back to him along with Stubby (the 6 inch piece of bbl that GG's son cut off)??? At least that's my understanding.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

+1

Pretty sure it was stated somewhere that Kamo Columbo saw a pic of GG posing with his (Kamo Columbo's) shotgun and called him out resulting in GG sending the shotgun back to him along with Stubby (the 6 inch piece of bbl that GG's son cut off)??? At least that's my understanding.

The part about me seeing a pic of the shotgun with Goph's filthy paws on it never happened. Twice I banged out an explanation and twice, after submitting the post, got a 'you do not have permission to post on this thread' notice. Still confused about that. As an aside, in all my years here I can't recall a single post that crook made with a photo of him hunting/fishing/outdoors...

+1

The part about me seeing a pic of the shotgun with Goph's filthy paws on it never happened. Twice I banged out an explanation and twice, after submitting the post, got a 'you do not have permission to post on this thread' notice. Still confused about that. As an aside, in all my years here I can't recall a single post that crook made with a photo of him hunting/fishing/outdoors...

Gotcha, sorry for stating a falsehood.

+1

Gotcha, sorry for stating a falsehood.

All good and ain't no puzzle, dude. No call for apologies. In a nutshell, I realized I got took and made it a point to draw Mr. Scumbaggus Maximus into a trap. He obliged.
has the goph been seen. did he survive his operation. will he need a new kidney, is there a sopt open in his gospel quartet?
Twould be nice if somebody would actually detail the scam.
This one too. Lest we forget...
Prayers sent.
PJ
has the goph been seen.

Yes, he hunted deer with roundoak this year.

They got some great pics, big bucks.
Originally Posted by smokepole
has the goph been seen.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Come on people. He "took a real sucker punch" lets get him that gear.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
has the goph been seen.

What a fuuuuuking scumball.
And the scumballs PMing him here also obviously from him continually logging on.
0 restrictions on his account when ya check the PM way.
Member in "good standing" status per the account intact.
Scumball gotta be running a sockpuppet.
One of those hit and run snarky post types most likely.
Weasel schit......

Place is full of em anyways.
Little bytch b types who won't post schit under their normal account, but will as a sockpuppet.
No balls basically, but trying to save face from simmering butthurt with a sockpuppet.

Was and is Gophergunner a member of the Elite 24hr book of face group???
If so.....
That speaks volumes in and of itself...
Can't help but bring up that question...

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrgh.....
Yep, I took the bait; hook, line, and sinker. Not that I needed a reminder. Sent him some stuff he was asking for. Seemed like the right thing to do, losing everything in a fire so close to Christmas.

Sad part is, there's legit need out there in the land of the 'Fire, but I sure as hell won't be making that mistake again.
Originally Posted by renegade50
has the goph been seen.

And the scumballs PMing him here also obviously from him continually logging on.
Weasel schit......

Little bytch b types who won't post schit under their normal account, but will as a sockpuppet.
No balls basically, but trying to save face from simmering butthurt with a sockpuppet.

If so.....

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrgh.....

Right on the money, gophergunner is a parasite just like RoundOak.
Originally Posted by renegade50
has the goph been seen.

Weasel schit......

If so.....

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrgh.....

No he is not.
© 24hourcampfire