Home
...with my beloved son's marriage this past Saturday; 7 of 9 of last year's intact family joining us tomorrow, along with 8 others, and my 2+ year old granddaughter forsaking all others to play with and love on her pop-pop while we await Santa's visit. It's been years since K and I have hidden presents waiting for the magic of Santa to capture a child early Christmas morning. I don't know who's more the kid, me or Blake.

At 56 years of age, I actually lucked upon some time to feel like a kid again. I also briefly grabbed hold of a wonderful moment or two which reminded me that the things that matter in this world don't cost one cent.

Come Thursday, when my life gets back to it's reality and I'm feeling compelled to rely on pictures and memories to try and bring me back to the warmth I feel today,I think I'll simply get my fat ass out of my office chair and go have lunch with my son(at his work) or share a banana split with my Blake.

To my friends at the 24H; even if you have no clue as to what I'm trying to articulate today, it is my wish that you come to understand and experience my joys today with as many tomorrows as you can.

Anyways, and with all the corny blah,blah aside, Merry Christmas,friends.

Bob

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Bob.
Merry Christmas, Bob. I followed your thoughts and sentiments w/o any problem.
Grab the magic and wonder in each and every moment, Bob!

Merry Christmas!

Ed
Right back at you, Bob

Andy
Merry Christmas, Ho, Ho, Ho, Bob.

pat
Bob,

I am getting what you are trying to articulate, and I believe there are many out there that would make their Christmas wish, the ability to experience exactly what you are feeling right now. Love, uncomplicated, unquestioning, unconditional love for all that you hold dear. A rare commodity in this day and age, savour it, nurture it, and most of all enjoy every single blessed moment of it smile

Lynn
Brother, you deserve every single second of the joy and excitement you're about to be blessed with. We all do. smile

Take it all in and congrats on the marriage of your son.

Merry Christmas.

Kids are magic!

Glad to hear things are going well. Merry Christmas!
Between yesterday, last night, and today, I learned the meaning of love, not the kind of love you are speaking of, but another, just as precious, and I am never going to forget what it can mean, and how powerful it is, not just in the best of times, but in the worst of times, when it is needed the most.

God has truly blessed me, it just took till now to fully see it.

To all of my Campfire family, Merry Christmas, and may you all be blessed with the true spirit of love smile
Hang on tight to that precious granddaughter. She'll treasure the Christmas memories you help make for her lifetime. Grandchildren are a good reminder that there are two sides to the coin of the Christmas story. Yes, God became human to be with us. But, the Christ child can also remind us to see the spark of God in every child. Merry Christmas Bob.
Three weeks ago today, I had a reckoning and finally, or fully, grasped what is important in life. Tomorrow will be my first Christmas with my son.

Amazing what a little perspective can do.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Isaac.
Merry Christmas
Cherish every moment Sir.
Bob,
Your post reminded me of the series of columns in Field and Stream many years ago titled Grandpa and the Kid, I believe by Dan Sisson. I hope you and your grandson make many memories like the experiences in that column. Sure sounds like you are off to a good start.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well as all the other good people here on the 24 Hour Campfire.
Understand what you're saying fully, Bob. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and to all of the rest of the great folks on the Campfire.
Indeed Bob, family is what it is about IMO.

Merry Christmas
I'm fortunate enough to have those same feelings. Merry Christmas to you and yours Bob.
Merry Christmas Bob! Sounds like a Joyous season at your household!
Bob, Merry Christmas my old friend. Hoping you and your entire family are going to have a wonderful day. laugh

Bob,

From us ("the wishor") to you ("hereinafter called the wishee") Please accept without obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, politically correct, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all... and a financially successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2014, but with due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures or sects, and having regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform or dietary preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting you are bound by these terms that:

* This greeting is subject to further clarification or withdrawal.

* This greeting is freely transferable provided that no alteration shall be made to the original greeting and that the proprietary rights of the wishor are acknowledged.

* This greeting implies no promise by the wishor to actually implement any of the wishes.

* This greeting may not be enforceable in certain jurisdictions and/or the restrictions herein may not be binding upon certain wishes in certain jurisdictions and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wishor.

* This greeting is warranted to perform as reasonably may be expected within the usual application of good tidings, for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first.

* The wishor warrants this greeting only for the limited replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wishor.

* Any references in this greeting to "Father Christmas", or any other festive figures, whether actual or fictitious, dead or alive, shall not imply any endorsement by or from them in respect of this greeting, and all proprietary rights in any referenced third party names and images are hereby acknowledged.

Seriously, best wishes from Sweden!

John
Merry Christmas to you and all you hold dear ,I see you already have counted your blessings ,God bless you all
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Between yesterday, last night, and today, I learned the meaning of love, not the kind of love you are speaking of, but another, just as precious, and I am never going to forget what it can mean, and how powerful it is, not just in the best of times, but in the worst of times, when it is needed the most.

God has truly blessed me, it just took till now to fully see it.

To all of my Campfire family, Merry Christmas, and may you all be blessed with the true spirit of love smile
Miss Lynn,the same right back to you and all you hold dear
I'm going to run the vacuum cleaner and garbage disposal if my granddaughter doesn't wake up inside the next 20 minutes.

My neighbor across the street got her a kid's drum set. He's a dead man walking!
Merry Christmas Bob...Teri sends hugs!
Right back at that wonderful woman and yourself, Dana.

Merry Christmas, brother!
Merry Christmas Bob
Glad to read Bob and happy for your son. Good to see an old Jew enjoy Christmas!
Good for you Bobby Merry Xmas! Congrats to Bobby also!
I understand my friend, we are heading out to the daughters in a few.

MERRYCHRISTMAS! ALL
Merry Christmas, Bob. Grab that magic with both hands and don't let go.
Merry Christmas to you as well Bob. My 5 kids have all torn through their gifts, we're enjoying breakfast casserole, up here in Michigan it's the most beautiful Christmas I've seen In years, and it all adds together into a life that is truly wonderful!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! It's a blessed day for me,not only the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ,but Judy is home and she can walk 30-40 ft without crutches. My older brother is here with his wife and in an hour we will head up to Grandma's house to spend time with everyone. smile
Bob,

Merry Christmas to a great guy and his great family.
And my best wishes to Bobby.

Steve
Merry Christmas, Bob.
Bob,

Just watched 4 grandkids open santa,s presents. Life is the same on the same on the Maryland side of the Potomac river.

Dcc
Thanks for all the replies.

What sane,normal thinking man gives another's 2 year old granddaughter a drum set for Christmas? I'm buying his daughter a trumpet!

Merry Christmas,24H. May today's magic carry with you through 2014.
Originally Posted by isaac
Thanks for all the replies.

What sane,normal thinking man gives another's 2 year old granddaughter a drum set for Christmas? I'm buying his daughter a trumpet!

Merry Christmas,24H. May today's magic carry with you through 2014.

Fight fire with fire. Crank up that egg and put about 20 wood chunks on the fire. You'll hear 'em all slamming their doors and windows shut. grin
Merry Christmas,my friend. 20 at mom and dad's S.C. home is my guess.

Enjoy your day with loved ones, David.

And you as well. Yup! home in SC since Thanksgiving. It's been nice spending football weekends with my folks and the woods with my old pards. Back to NOVA mid January to start relocation proceedings to the farm. :-)

Enjoy the family and these special holidays Bob.

See you next year. :-)
DLH
Yes Merry Christmas my friends! This has been a very good one for my family as well, best we've had in years!

May the warmth you've enjoyed this holiday season be with you throughout the whole year!
Bob,

I am getting what you are trying to articulate, and I believe there are many out there that would make their Christmas wish, the ability to experience exactly what you are feeling right now. Love, uncomplicated, unquestioning, unconditional love for all that you hold dear. A rare commodity in this day and age, savour it, nurture it, and most of all enjoy every single blessed moment of it smile

Lynn

could not say it any better than that

norm
Well written Bob, Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Originally Posted by isaac
...I think I'll simply get my fat ass out of my office chair and go have lunch with my son(at his work) or share a banana split with my Blake.

Do both my friend. wink

Merry Christmas to you and yours Bob.
God rest ye merry, Gentlemen (and Ladies).

Jim
This thread makes me smile. Thanks for sharing that with us, Bob.

Merry Christmas to a man that I'm proud to call my friend.

Bob, they actually make "silencers" for drum sets.
And a very Merry Christmas to you, as well, Bob. smile
Merry Christmas, Bob!

Geo
Originally Posted by norm99
Bob,

Lynn

could not say it any better than that

norm

That's cause I said it in Canajian crazy grin
© 24hourcampfire