Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
...with my beloved son's marriage this past Saturday; 7 of 9 of last year's intact family joining us tomorrow, along with 8 others, and my 2+ year old granddaughter forsaking all others to play with and love on her pop-pop while we await Santa's visit. It's been years since K and I have hidden presents waiting for the magic of Santa to capture a child early Christmas morning. I don't know who's more the kid, me or Blake.

At 56 years of age, I actually lucked upon some time to feel like a kid again. I also briefly grabbed hold of a wonderful moment or two which reminded me that the things that matter in this world don't cost one cent.

Come Thursday, when my life gets back to it's reality and I'm feeling compelled to rely on pictures and memories to try and bring me back to the warmth I feel today,I think I'll simply get my fat ass out of my office chair and go have lunch with my son(at his work) or share a banana split with my Blake.

To my friends at the 24H; even if you have no clue as to what I'm trying to articulate today, it is my wish that you come to understand and experience my joys today with as many tomorrows as you can.

Anyways, and with all the corny blah,blah aside, Merry Christmas,friends.

Bob

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Bob.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Merry Christmas, Bob. I followed your thoughts and sentiments w/o any problem.

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Grab the magic and wonder in each and every moment, Bob!

Merry Christmas!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Right back at you, Bob

Andy

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Merry Christmas, Ho, Ho, Ho, Bob.

pat

GOA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bob,

I am getting what you are trying to articulate, and I believe there are many out there that would make their Christmas wish, the ability to experience exactly what you are feeling right now. Love, uncomplicated, unquestioning, unconditional love for all that you hold dear. A rare commodity in this day and age, savour it, nurture it, and most of all enjoy every single blessed moment of it smile

Lynn

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brother, you deserve every single second of the joy and excitement you're about to be blessed with. We all do. smile

Take it all in and congrats on the marriage of your son.

Merry Christmas.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kids are magic!

Glad to hear things are going well. Merry Christmas!

All American

All the time
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Between yesterday, last night, and today, I learned the meaning of love, not the kind of love you are speaking of, but another, just as precious, and I am never going to forget what it can mean, and how powerful it is, not just in the best of times, but in the worst of times, when it is needed the most.

God has truly blessed me, it just took till now to fully see it.

To all of my Campfire family, Merry Christmas, and may you all be blessed with the true spirit of love smile

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hang on tight to that precious granddaughter. She'll treasure the Christmas memories you help make for her lifetime. Grandchildren are a good reminder that there are two sides to the coin of the Christmas story. Yes, God became human to be with us. But, the Christ child can also remind us to see the spark of God in every child. Merry Christmas Bob.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Three weeks ago today, I had a reckoning and finally, or fully, grasped what is important in life. Tomorrow will be my first Christmas with my son.

Amazing what a little perspective can do.

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Isaac.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Merry Christmas

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cherish every moment Sir.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bob,
Your post reminded me of the series of columns in Field and Stream many years ago titled Grandpa and the Kid, I believe by Dan Sisson. I hope you and your grandson make many memories like the experiences in that column. Sure sounds like you are off to a good start.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, as well as all the other good people here on the 24 Hour Campfire.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Understand what you're saying fully, Bob. Merry Christmas to you and yours, and to all of the rest of the great folks on the Campfire.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Indeed Bob, family is what it is about IMO.

Merry Christmas

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm fortunate enough to have those same feelings. Merry Christmas to you and yours Bob.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Merry Christmas Bob! Sounds like a Joyous season at your household!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Bob, Merry Christmas my old friend. Hoping you and your entire family are going to have a wonderful day. laugh

Sam......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,431 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,633
Posts18,474,369
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.