Home
Posted By: twofish So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
And what is your opinion of it?
Posted By: BadHabit Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
I have worked with a few guys who havedone it and they toned up right nice. Seems to be much better than zumba. I haven't had anybody roll thru with P90 injuries but have with zumba and other excercises.
Posted By: Techsan Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
I did P90X with a couple of neighbors a while back. I stuck to a fairly strict healthy diet while doing the program, and we completed the entire 90 day program. I lost about 39 lbs, and looked and felt a hell of a lot better than I did before we started. I have since backslid some.
Posted By: twofish Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
Was thinking of giving it a try.

I am 51 and have not done anything much in the past 2 years that could be considered working out.

Just curious if this thing would require some pre-conditioning? Looks pretty intense...

I don't want to start something where I am setting myself up for an injury or etc. due to lack of prep.

Thoughts?

twofish
Posted By: wadevb1 Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
Did the program twice minus their diet plan. You definitely get stronger and people notice the progress.

I have the older version with the hardcore yoga routine. I believe the newer set has either a toned down version or an alternative.

Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
Originally Posted by BadHabit
I have worked with a few guys who havedone it and they toned up right nice. Seems to be much better than zumba. I haven't had anybody roll thru with P90 injuries but have with zumba and other excercises.

Never done it but know a few who have and no one seems to get hurt doing it.
Posted By: Flfiremedic Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
Schedule knee surgery...it and the Insanity one both killed my knees.
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic
Schedule knee surgery...it and the Insanity one both killed my knees.

Alot of squating...?
Posted By: Sponxx Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
I did part of it... I called P45x, haha schedule did not allow me to workout everyday. It does work. I was a competitive swimmer for several years and can tell when I am being pushed to my limits.

I would follow the videos and do the movements, mainly the aerobic/stretching body weight ones. As I did not have weights at home, I would skip the videos some days and do some lifting in the gym. I did regain a lot of strentgh and trimmed down.

There is a variation called "P90x+ " and I really like the Interval training.
Bottom line to any exercise program is stick to it and do your best. Keep in mind you will not undo in 90days or 30 "insanity" days what you have done to your body in 6 years of deconditioning and poor habits. The goal should be lifestyle change.
Posted By: Mossy Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
Originally Posted by twofish

Just curious if this thing would require some pre-conditioning? Looks pretty intense...

http://www.betterbodyjournal.com/p90x/p90x-fit-test
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
Originally Posted by Mossy
Originally Posted by twofish

http://www.betterbodyjournal.com/p90x/p90x-fit-test

I wonder what percentage of Americans could pass that test. I'd wager it would be shockingly small.
I did it seven consecutive times with a two week break between the 90 day programs. I have also done Insanity and its pure high intensity cardio.

The P90X is a great program and if you follow the diet and stay with it you will be in the best shape of your life. When I first started the program it was January of 2009, I was 6'3" 264lbs. After the second time through the program I had lost nearly 40lbs. and went from a 38" pant size to 34". I eventually hit a plateau at 220lbs but I would have looked kinda sickly if I had lost anymore weight.

I will say that it is very hard but very rewarding and the plyometric video and exercises will take its toll on your knees. I had to have a torn meniscus repaired after the last program. I couldn't tell you when I tore it, it just started hurting but I dealt with it.

I would like to see how many could make it through the six minute warm-up at the beginning of each Insanity workout. The warm-up is a beast.
Posted By: deflave Re: So who has done P90X? - 01/31/14
P90X can't not work.

It's an idiots guide to getting into shape. (This is a compliment)

Travis
BTW, P90X3 is 30 minute workouts instead of the hour long like the previous two.

My wife is a Beachbody coach if anyone is interested in any of the videos.
Thanks for all the replies, especially the link to the test.

Great information. I agree the big majority of Americans, myself included, are not prepared to start a program like this.

I've got work to do.

Thanks again.
Posted By: fatjack34 Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/01/14
Tony Horton is a freak of nature and a cult leader. He is the Jim Jones of fitness.
I am not sure I trust him.
Have a lipper of skoal or Cope and a High Life and really think about this.

Travis is like Horton...a freak of nature and a cult leader.
Posted By: twofish Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/01/14
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Tony Horton is a freak of nature and a cult leader. He is the Jim Jones of fitness.
I am not sure I trust him.
Have a lipper of skoal or Cope and a High Life and really think about this.

Travis is like Horton...a freak of nature and a cult leader.

laugh grin laugh
Posted By: DaveR Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/09/14
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
BTW, P90X3 is 30 minute workouts instead of the hour long like the previous two.

My wife is a Beachbody coach if anyone is interested in any of the videos.

I just picked up P90X3, delivered yesterday. Getting the spare room set up as a makeshift gym. Picked up a chin up bar, but will forego the dumbells for now in favor of the resistance bands. If all goes well, I'll pick up a set of dumbells next month.

Looking to drop about 40 pounds and get back in shape. Last month's elk hunt kicked my azz, in a way it never has before. Time to do something about it.

With 10hrs work a day, and another 3 on the road, X3 seems like a no brainer at 30 minutes a day. Gotta beat getting on a treadmill and stairclimber for an hour a day, with lesser results.

Can't argue with the results and reviews. Hopefully I can post a good review in a few months. Planning on 2 rounds, and dropping about 40 lbs by June.
Posted By: Calvin Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/09/14
The 30 minute workout is just that.. a 30 minute workout.

P90x is good. Go for it.
Posted By: prm Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/09/14
I did the original version. I think it's a fantastic workout. Strength, cardio, and it will hit just about every muscle in your body.
Posted By: 257heaven Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/09/14
I haven't done it 'cause it does not include a steady diet of Pabst.

But Travis did and it worked wonders for him. I've got an "after" pic of him somewhere here��I know he sent me one��.oh, here it is:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/09/14
damn Travis really is a bad azz, he even has guns!

even more surprising I see ammo too

good to see a pic of him, I'd always imagined him with more hair on top of his head though
Posted By: 257heaven Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/09/14
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
damn Travis really is a bad azz, he even has guns!

even more surprising I see ammo too

good to see a pic of him, I'd always imagined him with more hair on top of his head though

I'm guessin' he was fresh out of the shower and just forgot to do the comb over before posing.

Posted By: djs Re: So who has done P90X? - 02/09/14
Never heard of P90X before I Googled it - a tough workout. I am now 72 years old with bad knees (had a total knee replacement 4 weeks ago and plan on doing the other one next year), so P90X is not for me.

50 years ago, I had a summer job (USFS Smokejumper) in which we had to do 7 chin ups, 45 sit ups, 25 push ups and run 1.25 miles - all within a total of 11 minutes (wearing logging boots!) just to be allowed to start the training. At the end of the 3-week training, we had to complete a 4 mile "pack out" with a 110 pound pack while fording streams and moving through trail-less forest in 1.5 hours. If you failed any part of the training, you were bucked down to a hotshot crew and no one wanted that!

This was the best shape I was ever in.
© 24hourcampfire