OP Offline
Campfire Regular
And what is your opinion of it?

*Master of random precision*

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have worked with a few guys who havedone it and they toned up right nice. Seems to be much better than zumba. I haven't had anybody roll thru with P90 injuries but have with zumba and other excercises.

At one with the gun.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I did P90X with a couple of neighbors a while back. I stuck to a fairly strict healthy diet while doing the program, and we completed the entire 90 day program. I lost about 39 lbs, and looked and felt a hell of a lot better than I did before we started. I have since backslid some.

twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Was thinking of giving it a try.

I am 51 and have not done anything much in the past 2 years that could be considered working out.

Just curious if this thing would require some pre-conditioning? Looks pretty intense...

I don't want to start something where I am setting myself up for an injury or etc. due to lack of prep.

Thoughts?

twofish

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did the program twice minus their diet plan. You definitely get stronger and people notice the progress.

I have the older version with the hardcore yoga routine. I believe the newer set has either a toned down version or an alternative.

Last edited by wadevb1; 01/31/14.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by BadHabit
I have worked with a few guys who havedone it and they toned up right nice. Seems to be much better than zumba. I haven't had anybody roll thru with P90 injuries but have with zumba and other excercises.

Never done it but know a few who have and no one seems to get hurt doing it.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Schedule knee surgery...it and the Insanity one both killed my knees.

Unreconstructed to the End.
Dum Vivimus Vivamus
Death smiles at us all...but only FMF Corpsmen smile back
twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Flfiremedic
Schedule knee surgery...it and the Insanity one both killed my knees.

Alot of squating...?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I did part of it... I called P45x, haha schedule did not allow me to workout everyday. It does work. I was a competitive swimmer for several years and can tell when I am being pushed to my limits.

I would follow the videos and do the movements, mainly the aerobic/stretching body weight ones. As I did not have weights at home, I would skip the videos some days and do some lifting in the gym. I did regain a lot of strentgh and trimmed down.

There is a variation called "P90x+ " and I really like the Interval training.
Bottom line to any exercise program is stick to it and do your best. Keep in mind you will not undo in 90days or 30 "insanity" days what you have done to your body in 6 years of deconditioning and poor habits. The goal should be lifestyle change.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by twofish

Just curious if this thing would require some pre-conditioning? Looks pretty intense...

http://www.betterbodyjournal.com/p90x/p90x-fit-test

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mossy
Originally Posted by twofish

http://www.betterbodyjournal.com/p90x/p90x-fit-test

I wonder what percentage of Americans could pass that test. I'd wager it would be shockingly small.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I did it seven consecutive times with a two week break between the 90 day programs. I have also done Insanity and its pure high intensity cardio.

The P90X is a great program and if you follow the diet and stay with it you will be in the best shape of your life. When I first started the program it was January of 2009, I was 6'3" 264lbs. After the second time through the program I had lost nearly 40lbs. and went from a 38" pant size to 34". I eventually hit a plateau at 220lbs but I would have looked kinda sickly if I had lost anymore weight.

I will say that it is very hard but very rewarding and the plyometric video and exercises will take its toll on your knees. I had to have a torn meniscus repaired after the last program. I couldn't tell you when I tore it, it just started hurting but I dealt with it.

I would like to see how many could make it through the six minute warm-up at the beginning of each Insanity workout. The warm-up is a beast.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
P90X can't not work.

It's an idiots guide to getting into shape. (This is a compliment)

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BTW, P90X3 is 30 minute workouts instead of the hour long like the previous two.

My wife is a Beachbody coach if anyone is interested in any of the videos.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks for all the replies, especially the link to the test.

Great information. I agree the big majority of Americans, myself included, are not prepared to start a program like this.

I've got work to do.

Thanks again.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Tony Horton is a freak of nature and a cult leader. He is the Jim Jones of fitness.
I am not sure I trust him.
Have a lipper of skoal or Cope and a High Life and really think about this.

Travis is like Horton...a freak of nature and a cult leader.

Last edited by fatjack34; 01/31/14.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
twofish Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Tony Horton is a freak of nature and a cult leader. He is the Jim Jones of fitness.
I am not sure I trust him.
Have a lipper of skoal or Cope and a High Life and really think about this.

Travis is like Horton...a freak of nature and a cult leader.

laugh grin laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TN deer hunter
BTW, P90X3 is 30 minute workouts instead of the hour long like the previous two.

My wife is a Beachbody coach if anyone is interested in any of the videos.

I just picked up P90X3, delivered yesterday. Getting the spare room set up as a makeshift gym. Picked up a chin up bar, but will forego the dumbells for now in favor of the resistance bands. If all goes well, I'll pick up a set of dumbells next month.

Looking to drop about 40 pounds and get back in shape. Last month's elk hunt kicked my azz, in a way it never has before. Time to do something about it.

With 10hrs work a day, and another 3 on the road, X3 seems like a no brainer at 30 minutes a day. Gotta beat getting on a treadmill and stairclimber for an hour a day, with lesser results.

Can't argue with the results and reviews. Hopefully I can post a good review in a few months. Planning on 2 rounds, and dropping about 40 lbs by June.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The 30 minute workout is just that.. a 30 minute workout.

P90x is good. Go for it.

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I did the original version. I think it's a fantastic workout. Strength, cardio, and it will hit just about every muscle in your body.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

216 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 24 invisible), 2,209 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,879
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.