Home
Hi Guys!

UPDATE

I forgot all about an Encore I have! I bought it as a 50 muzzleloader. It shot so well I bought
a 708 barrel for it! Ha the worst barrel I have ever seen on any rifle! It shoots minute of BARN at
100 yards! At 50 you might be able to hit a small house! I bought a 15" 223 barrel for it and later
was informed that I couldn't use it with that frame! (I called all the police stations in the area including the State police and all said it was ok! 2 hours after I got home with it the State police called me and basically said it was illegal! SO I kinda freaked out and ran to the copshop to get a permit to buy an Encore handgun frame to make things legal again!

Anyway, any idea how much they would be worth?? 1 encore rifle with the worst barrel ever made, one encore handgun with a 223 (15") and a 10" 410/45. I know they won't be worth much but it will help!

I'm not asking for charity or anything else here, just your knowledge of prices so I don't get cheated on the last of my guns when I sell them!

I'm a 60 year old cripple old man with a long sad story just like thousands of folks out
there! I won't bother you all with the boring sad details but I find after losing my job, my home
and my health and almost everything I ever owned that I need to sell the few guns I have left.

I'll be living in a Jeep and can no longer keep em!

I have a Colt CAR-A3 HBAR ELITE. The barrel is stamped "MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR ELITE". The pistol grip is original but has a spacer I got from Sinclair to put my finger in a slightly better position on the trigger. It also has a Leupold Vari-X II 4-12 mounted and a Harris bi-pod. It's one of the most consistent shooters I've ever owned and it kills me to have to sell it but I'll need gas for my new home in my Jeep!

I also have a Remington 700VS 308 with a Leupold vari-X III 6.5 to 20 mounted on it! It shoots REAL well!
Any ideas on the worth of that?

And last but not least I have a Sako 243 varmint M591 with a Burris Signature 8-32 mounted on it with Burris rings and offset inserts for added elevation. A bench rest competitor shot it a few years back and claimed it was without a doubt the nice factory trigger he'd ever used.

Any help in determining what each of these might be worth would be greatly appreciated!
I plan on trying to sell them fact to face in Michigan (if that's still allowed)!

Thanks Guys! I appreciate any info at all on what I might be able to get from these!!!

OH I also have a Rem 700 mountain lss in 708 but I'm hoping to be able to keep this one in case I have to feed myself with it! BUT in the gettos of Detroit I doubt there will be anything to hunt!
So sorry to hear of your troubles.

Before you sell your guns, what can I do to help?
might want to try heading west to the Bakken, know you say cripple so that rules out oil field work but all kinds of businesses are having problems filling regular positions due to lack of any sort of reliable workers....if your gonna be living out of your Jeep anyway, its now spring out here with the worst of the cold well behind us...
Can you drive a truck of any sort? If you have a commercial driver's license, I can get you a job right now.

If you are stuck, and are hungry, I can send you some money.

Like you, I had heart attacks starting in February, and know how it is to try and pay bills with not being able to work.

If you are in Detroit, you probably need to keep the guns loaded and handy.
i'd use that gas money and get the [bleep] out of where you are..
You will make more money selling the scopes and rifles separately. The Colt is worth $1000, the scope $250.
The Rem is worth $650, the scope $300 (it is an older generation)
The Sake is worth $750, and I cannot value the Burris scope.

These are full retail values; price through a dealer would be considerably less.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Thanks so much! It's a long sad story and even I'm sick of it!
All I'll say is I'm disabled (conjunctive heart failure, copd and some nasty back problems from a surgery in the 80's) and Uncle Sam says I'm not disabled enough to collect disability (a completely black court system, the judge and every single employee is black) I'm normally not prejudiced but it was a major factor in this hearing)

I sure appreciate your offer for help but I can't and won't take charity! If I could work there wouldn't be a problem!

Your kindness has been the best part of my day! Thank you!
Originally Posted by rattler
might want to try heading west to the Bakken, know you say cripple so that rules out oil field work but all kinds of businesses are having problems filling regular positions due to lack of any sort of reliable workers....if your gonna be living out of your Jeep anyway, its now spring out here with the worst of the cold well behind us...

Thanks! Sounds like good advice but what about cops! I need to find somewhere homeless are allowed to exist! The only place I know of are the crack houses and burn out factories in the gettos of Detroit! But it's kind of a catch 22 since living there I'll need all the guns I could get!
Don't give up hope, amigo.

How does a person go about getting ahold of you?

In today's world, ANY of us could own this situation. Even the best of us are only days away from being in the same boat when things start to go south.

Not asking you to take charity. But, a helping hand up is often needed by all of us at some point in our life.
Originally Posted by MtnGreyBeard

Thanks! Sounds like good advice but what about cops! I need to find somewhere homeless are allowed to exist! The only place I know of are the crack houses and burn out factories in the gettos of Detroit! But it's kind of a catch 22 since living there I'll need all the guns I could get!

Everyone is homeless in the Bakken. Seriously.
Can you drive a truck of any sort? If you have a commercial driver's license, I can get you a job right now.

If you are stuck, and are hungry, I can send you some money.

Like you, I had heart attacks starting in February, and know how it is to try and pay bills with not being able to work.

If you are in Detroit, you probably need to keep the guns loaded and handy.

HA! Thanks! I was just thinking I sure could use at least the AR when I head down there! My biggest worry is the cops and the endless harassment! I also realize that once down in that [bleep] whole they'll steal the Jeep the first moment I'm not in it!

Life really sucks sometimes, then it gets real serious!
Originally Posted by rosco1
i'd use that gas money and get the [bleep] out of where you are..

I think your right! I really can't go to far since most of the gas will be needed to run the heater now and then!
Originally Posted by utah708
You will make more money selling the scopes and rifles separately. The Colt is worth $1000, the scope $250.
The Rem is worth $650, the scope $300 (it is an older generation)
The Sake is worth $750, and I cannot value the Burris scope.

These are full retail values; price through a dealer would be considerably less.

Thank you very very much! This gives me some idea of the income I can expect for this year!
You have family anywhere?

I doubt you have anything holding you in Detroit any longer, the way you talk. It's good advice to get out of there asap. There are warmer, better places for sure.

How about a cell phone? Got one?
Don't give up hope, amigo.

How does a person go about getting ahold of you?

In today's world, ANY of us could own this situation. Even the best of us are only days away from being in the same boat when things start to go south.

Not asking you to take charity. But, a helping hand up is often needed by all of us at some point in our life.

I can't go anywhere really until I can sell the few things I have left.

I have a feeling that we all will be in my shoes soon!

Um...gffhdhyhdthy is the only thing I have for contact at the moment. I am getting a helping hand at the moment. I've been getting food stamps for a few years now! I know you all are against that and those who use it but I have no other choice! If I could work there wouldn't be problem!

What really kills me is the almost 50 years I've paid into a system that once your old enough or fealble enough to need it, they won't let you have it!

Hang on dearly to your health! It's all you really have!
I think you need to send me a PM with some contact info.

Everyone is homeless in the Bakken. Seriously.

Sounds like my kind of place!

I really need to find homes for my 10 or 12 feral cats I've been taking care of for years! After that I'd love to leave this [bleep] whole world!

Once you can't hunt or fish or spend your time reloading and at a range, or working (I used to love working)it just not worth living anymore!
Man, offer the guns here for sale, and see what you get. If I wasn't a bit on the light side right now I'd take one off your hands, and sell it back for a bargain when you got on your feet! Win win.

Jeff
I think you need to send me a PM with some contact info.

All I really have is a email address in the post above but I may lose that soon also!

Ya know, all I really need is a handshake! You've already been more than kind! Thanks!
I sent you a PM with my phone number.

If you call, we can discuss some options.

While I'd be glad to shake your hand, that isn't going to do you any long term good... wink
Originally Posted by rost495
Man, offer the guns here for sale, and see what you get. If I wasn't a bit on the light side right now I'd take one off your hands, and sell it back for a bargain when you got on your feet! Win win.

Jeff

OH thanks! I really couldn't sell out of state! I could never pay the shipping or FFL fee's. I hate to admit it but the only income I've had for years is a few bucks from family on my birthday and a few more bucks at Christmas. Both combined don't equal 100 bucks! After working my whole life and stupidly thinking I was invincible and would be able to work till they put me in the ground, I find I'm about as useless as a man can be!
life sure does suck at times, but ya know, you always have some 'family' here.
Don't just disappear. Stay in touch. Post the guns for sale in the classifieds. Many guns sold there each year.
I sent you a PM with my phone number.

If you call, we can discuss some options.

While I'd be glad to shake your hand, that isn't going to do you any long term good... wink

Thanks very much! I sure appreciate it but I won't be calling. I'd never be able to repay your kindness or even be able to pay it forward.

I gotta go for now! It's way to hard after being a loner and standing on my own my whole life to now have to admit publically what a useless human being I've become!

I sure appreciate your kindness and offers! I'd love to say I'd never forget it but no one knows the [bleep] storm tomorrow may bring!

Thank you all for your kindness but I gotta go! My eyes are leaking and I had no idea how tough it would be to tell my fellow outdoorsman how useless I've become!

Our whole country is going down the toilet, I just wish I could have been flushed before it clogs up! I'll get thru this and if I don't, even better!
<sniff>

Hmmm...
Originally Posted by 4ager
<sniff>

Hmmm...

Mm-Hmm...
Yup... whistle
<sniff>

Hmmm...

Are giving this the smell test or are you touched by it? Personally, I haven't decided yet.
Originally Posted by MColeman
<sniff>

Hmmm...

Are giving this the smell test or are you touched by it? Personally, I haven't decided yet.

Just go with your gut, Mr. Coleman.
As much as you may love your cats, you gotta start by helping yourself. Get rid of the extra load of taking care of anything, EXCEPT yourself. The cats are extra baggage and it sounds like extra baggage is the last thing you need right now. Best of luck to ya...
I guess we'll see. I tried...
You did, sir, and may God bless you for it.

What would firemen here expect a fellow member here to do when down to the nubs and holding a few guns? He didn't come here asking for a handout or digging for same with a long darn out sob story.

I'd take care mocking him. Karma can be a biotch, and you're right RB, most here could end up in the same shape with a turn of the card.

Strange, I never thought of it that way until once years ago when fishing the Laguna Madre my dad took me and my son to dine in Mexico. There were several kids begging around and not a one had an ounce of fat to spare. Dad said to my son that we are all only a step or two away from the same condition and I thought it strange as he was worth several million at the time. Now I realize he was right and a bad business decision or lawsuit or car wreck or cancer diagnosis can bring you to your knees overnight.

Millions trembled at the name of Genghis Khan until his horse stepped in a rabbit hole.

Class act right there my friends. While there is always some drama at the Campfire, this is what makes it a great place.
Thank you! Not sure how asking for knowledge is scamming anyone or trolling!

I sure appreciate your not judging me without knowing any facts!
I hope you all get to meet someone like him when the [bleep] on your head!
rockinbar, ever our paths ever cross, I owe you a beer or beverage of your choice.

nice form sir, nice form indeed

tip of the hat to you
Originally Posted by eyeball
Dad said to my son that we are all only a step or two away from the same condition

Your Dad never forgot where he came from, very few that come into money remember.
FWIW guys, I have had pm exchanges with MGB.

While I'm convinced that he is in a bad spot, I can't even convince him to give me an address or contact information so that I CAN help.

MGB, I'm not offering you a handout. Just a hand up, Bud. wink

Everyone falls down sometime or another. I know you are proud man. There's no shame in taking a bit of help when you have to. I would expect nothing back from you other than you remembering and passing it on if ever given the chance. If only to help a hungry dog that needs a meal one day.

When lose ALL faith in our fellow man, we are in a sad state of affairs indeed.
Not worried about "karma" since I'm not buddhist
Posted By: eh76 Re: What's are they worth please? - 04/08/14
Well said rockinbar...well said.
Originally Posted by Uriah

nether am I but I have seen Karma do some real nasty stuff in my short time on this earth.
Posted By: jimy Re: What's are they worth please? - 04/08/14

Not to worry karma works on Colon holes just the same!
Christianity says something about "reaping what you sow"...

Galatians 6:7-8

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. 8 For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.

Pretty close to "karma".
I've been getting food stamps for a few years now! I know you all are against that and those who use it but I have no other choice! If I could work there wouldn't be problem!

What really kills me is the almost 50 years I've paid into a system that once your old enough or fealble enough to need it, they won't let you have it!

im not against food stamps, im against those that abuse the system.....some people need a helping hand, when i was a kid my parents received food stamps and commodities.....both parents worked, infact mom worked days and dad nights for alot of years so they wouldnt have to pay for day care untill i was old enough to watch my siblings and dad could get a better job working during the day.....i aint against a hand out, especially to someone thats paid into the system for decades.....chit can happen quick to any of us....especially due to bad health or an injury that comes on quick

just against the abuse of the system, not the system itself....
I hope that one day you and I can meet Rockinbbar, I enjoy the company of good people.

Two problems with [bleep] is they are always passing chitt and always smell like it.
I've been getting food stamps for a few years now! I know you all are against that and those who use it but I have no other choice! If I could work there wouldn't be problem!

im not against food stamps, im against those that abuse the system.....some people need a helping hand, when i was a kid my parents received food stamps and commodities.....both parents worked, infact mom worked days and dad nights for alot of years so they wouldnt have to pay for day care untill i was old enough to watch my siblings and dad could get a better job working during the day.....i aint against a hand out, especially to someone thats paid into the system for decades.....chit can happen quick to any of us....especially due to bad health or an injury that comes on quick

just against the abuse of the system, not the system itself....

+1 on this one
FWIW guys, I have had pm exchanges with MGB.

While I'm convinced that he is in a bad spot, I can't even convince him to give me an address or contact information so that I CAN help.

MGB, I'm not offering you a handout. Just a hand up, Bud. wink

Everyone falls down sometime or another. I know you are proud man. There's no shame in taking a bit of help when you have to. I would expect nothing back from you other than you remembering and passing it on if ever given the chance. If only to help a hungry dog that needs a meal one day.

When lose ALL faith in our fellow man, we are in a sad state of affairs indeed.

Thanks again my friend! Your a hell of a guy!

I've worked my ass off my whole life often up to 115 hours a week! I've paid 1500 dollars a week during those 115 hour weeks in income tax because I've always been a single white male! I've also never been able to qualify for most of the help available because I was a single white male! I've seem times when I had 2 dollars in my pocket and no food for me or my dog! I bought dog food with it!

I don't understand how asking for current pricing here makes me a scammer or a troll! It's been a lot of years since I could buy a gun and have no idea what things go for these days! To all of you PRICKS that think I'm here after something! KISS MY OLD CRIPPLED ASS!

I've visited here at least 20 to 30 times a day reading for many years! I recently thought I'd be a little more friendly and post once in a while! I see that was a mistake!

SO take your current gun knowledge of prices and shove it where the sun don't shine you pricks! Take your pissing matches to another thread! I'm done here!
No house but have the internet? Must be using an Obama smart phone.

Jimi,you must get a lot of "karma" then, same as brown-eyeball...
Don't let the Big boys with little dick syndrome get to Ya. There's more here that are good men than not.

yeah cause its not like there are free wifi hotspots everywhere you can access with a laptop smirk
Don't let the little boys who are big dicks bother you either, someone will fall for your scam

Your kind of an [bleep] aren't ya! Not that it's any of your business but I lost my home, my job and my health all around the same time! A family member took me in but now I'm losing that too!

How bout just coming out and saying what your problem is with me! Your a keyboard commado so you don't have to worry about getting your ass kicked AND I'm an old fart, although I doubt it would take much to get over on you!

Do you have any info on the gun prices I asked for and what this thread is about? Or are you just here to troll?
...where you could pull up gunbroker to determine firearm values...?
Uhh..the keyboard is the medium here...you wantem me use smoke signals?

Hey you little seven post puke, why don't you just sit back and learn a bit before posting in such a negative, pessimistic manner? Unless, of course, you're really just another sock puppet under another handle that lets you feel brave through its' anonymity?
uriah, you're a dickhead. buzz off......

Wow! 6 of your 7 posts on on this thread!! I'm honored you think so much of me! Does your mom know your on her computer?
Originally Posted by huntsman22
uriah, you're a dickhead. buzz off......

I have to agree he is making a lot of friends fast.

NOT

Yes if your mom will let you use matches!
Fine Bruin and huntsman, put your $ where your mouth is and cut a deal with the guy. Unless you're just meanies...
Fine Bruin and huntsman, put your $ where your mouth is and cut a deal with the guy. Unless you're just meanies...

There's no deals here slick! Just asking for information from folks with vast experience in these matters!

I hope your folks are paying your babysitter a lot of money! I'll be earns it!
Typical pissed off at the world liberal Dimocrap. He's afraid someone else is going to get something free before he.
WTF does me buying a rifle or not buying a rifle have to do with asking you to refrain from being a jerk toward a group of people you've not taken the time to get to know a bit?

Just another sock puppet troll.
Greybeard,

I am sorry you are in the position that you are in, however I would be remiss not to mention that everyone needs help at some point, and when someone is trying to offer help you may be wise to take it. The saying that you can't help people who won't help themselves comes to mind, sometimes helping yourself is as simple as excepting help from a stranger.

Best of luck to you.
Amigo, you have my prayers and sympathy. Hope things get better for you.
Well folks! I wish I could say it's been fun but it hasn't and still only one reply on prices!

The troll did mention something I never thought of, Gunbroker!
How bout that, the troll actually did some good!

Uriah

Have a nice night! I hope your parents don't catch you on their machine!
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

May be a new record.
The prices given are correct, that is why nobody has elaborated on them, go from there.

I have been where you are and know it is not fun but it is a long way from the end of the world. Hang in there and don't let it break you.

There are good folks here offering you a hand. It is not a bad thing to get a little help.
Originally Posted by heavywalker
Greybeard,

I am sorry you are in the position that you are in, however I would be remiss not to mention that everyone needs help at some point, and when someone is trying to offer help you may be wise to take it. The saying that you can't help people who won't help themselves comes to mind, sometimes helping yourself is as simple as excepting help from a stranger.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you very very much! I really only wanted some info and as usual some of my dirty laundry slipped out! It's hard sometimes when your neck deep in s h i t (or in this case Uriah) to not let it slip out! I've basically lost most of my friends also thru the years by not being able to do or go anywhere with them!
Sometimes s h i t is all there is in ones life! When that happens it's so very difficult to not mention it to someone!

Thanks and I'll be fine! I'll get thru this myself or die trying!
Have a great night!
Good luck to you.
Don't listen to the Trolls
Originally Posted by heavywalker
The prices given are correct, that is why nobody has elaborated on them, go from there.

Thanks so much!!!!! I wanted to go to a dealer I used to do a lot of business with (Me buying, them selling) but I can see now I'll have to take a lot less then i thought! And I was amazed to see the AR was worth more then my beloved Sako! That was an eye opener!
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Amigo, you have my prayers and sympathy. Hope things get better for you.

Thank you! I'm very sorry I let me situation out! I just figured someone would ask why the hell are you selling a Sako! I would have!
Originally Posted by Scott F
I have been where you are and know it is not fun but it is a long way from the end of the world. Hang in there and don't let it break you.

There are good folks here offering you a hand. It is not a bad thing to get a little help.

I really do appreciate it but that will never happen! I'll get thru it or die trying!

Really there only been a couple of pricks in this thread so far! I had no idea their were so many kind and helpful folks here and believe it or not I've been reading here for many years!

Thanks to all those who offered help, advice and the pricing!!!!
I started out just looking for knowledge and ended up finding friends! I guess it wasn't such a bad day after all!

Thanks again!
Originally Posted by funshooter
Good luck to you.
Don't listen to the Trolls

Thanks!!!
Well folks! I wish I could say it's been fun but it hasn't and still only one reply on prices!

Uriah

Best of luck to you sir. Please don't be offended by those that offer help. They do it for the right reason.
Originally Posted by eh76

Uriah

Best of luck to you sir. Please don't be offended by those that offer help. They do it for the right reason.

Thanks! I realize that and can't really be angry with them! I admire them for being able and willing to help someone! I just don't think it's worth wasting it on me!

Women and children every single night go to bed hungry, veterans live with the horrors that never leave them, animals are abused by the minute as well as people! Mothers have to decide on food for the kids or medicine for them!

I've always believed that the only thing keeping us from living in a true "Garden of Eden" is us!
Dickhead in the basement.......

[Linked Image]

MGB, sorry for the azzholes that seem to crop up. Please consider the hand up you have been offered. I was out of work for seven months a few years ago and know what humility is. As per your situation, I have paid into the system since I was in high school and was shocked at how hard it was to get some of what I paid for. Family and friends came to my aid, and for that I am very grateful. The best of luck and hope to you and your situation.
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Dickhead in the basement.......

[Linked Image]

MGB, sorry for the azzholes that seem to crop up. Please consider the hand up you have been offered. I was out of work for seven months a few years ago and know what humility is. As per your situation, I have paid into the system since I was in high school and was shocked at how hard it was to get some of what I paid for. Family and friends came to my aid, and for that I am very grateful. The best of luck and hope to you and your situation.

Thanks! I sure appreciate it! It's not easy admitting this kind of stuff publicly! Thanks for sharing that!

I'll be fine! After I live in the Jeep for two weeks, I think the family services will then help out with one of the welfare apartments or motel rooms to live in. At least that's the way it was a few years back but it might be only during the winter cold!

It sucks I can't get any of the enormous amount of money I've put into this system! I won't live long enough to get any of it and I sure could use it now! BUT it will be there for someone else, I just hope its someone who deserves it and not another cheater!
Sign up for a free email at yahoo or google. You can set it up so your mail sent to your current email address is transferred to you new email.

Also, have you thought about appealing the denial of disability? There are lawyers that work pro bono for people in your situation.
Very seldom does anyone get disability right off the first get go

anymore,but like said get a pro bono lawyer. I know several people that have had lawyers fight it for as much as two years

and when they finally got it they got BIG cheques for thousands

for all the time from when they first filled for it.

Hang in there and keep us posted. Bob
Better be careful living in your jeep in Detroit, I believe I would try to get away from there if at all possible. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help, good luck to you my friend.
KARMA is going to bite your ass soon Uriah grin
It reads like you have two emergent problems:

No money.

No secure place for your guns.

I had a cousin that found himself in the same spot. He pawned them all, using the pawn shop as secure storage and small portion of the loan for his most urgent needs. He later reclaimed them - some to sell and some to keep. He was advertising them for sale even while pawned.

Instant money.

Secure storage.

Yes, it cost him interest; but it bought him food and fuel enough to get him to a watchman / handyman job that we had available and kept his guns secure. He like you was very reticent about taking any money or aid - not even an advance to get him to the new job.
I am familiar with this. Your name wouldn't be Matt Foley by chance? Ex motivational speaker?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83156259/

?
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Sign up for a free email at yahoo or google. You can set it up so your mail sent to your current email address is transferred to you new email.

Also, have you thought about appealing the denial of disability? There are lawyers that work pro bono for people in your situation.

Thanks! I've had a Yahoo account for email for a very long time! I kinda got tired of it and wanted to redirect mail else where but never could find how to redirect in the free Yahoo.

I did appeal. After a long time I got a letter saying still denied. No reason to go against the judges decision. I had a lawyer for both. She never did a thing. Never said a word in the hearing and almost missed the hearing all together. She told me to be there an hour early so we could talk, then she didn't show up until 2 minutes before the hearing! She was less than useless!
Originally Posted by bobbyjack
Very seldom does anyone get disability right off the first get go

anymore,but like said get a pro bono lawyer. I know several people that have had lawyers fight it for as much as two years

and when they finally got it they got BIG cheques for thousands

for all the time from when they first filled for it.

Hang in there and keep us posted. Bob

Thanks! I appreciate it! I did have a lawyer. She was less than useless. Never said a thing during the hearing and showed up for it 2 minutes before the hearing!

I've been wanting to try again but now don't trust any of the lawyers. Apparently its a numbers game for them. The more folks they sign up to represent the better the odds they'll win something.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Better be careful living in your jeep in Detroit, I believe I would try to get away from there if at all possible. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help, good luck to you my friend.

I'll be honest with ya! I'm scared [bleep]! BUT the only place I know of anywhere near here that will allow homeless is the ghetto's of Detroit! I'd love to head to the country but anywhere I go there would be trespassing!

Thanks!!!!
Originally Posted by Rovering
It reads like you have two emergent problems:

No money.

No secure place for your guns.

I had a cousin that found himself in the same spot. He pawned them all, using the pawn shop as secure storage and small portion of the loan for his most urgent needs. He later reclaimed them - some to sell and some to keep. He was advertising them for sale even while pawned.

Instant money.

Secure storage.

Yes, it cost him interest; but it bought him food and fuel enough to get him to a watchman / handyman job that we had available and kept his guns secure. He like you was very reticent about taking any money or aid - not even an advance to get him to the new job.

That's an excellent idea but I won't be getting them back! My health has been an avalanche for the last 10 years going down hill really fast! Everyone says it'll get better someday but it's only gonna get worse.

Thank you so very much! I sure appreciate it!
You guys are all amazing! I came here for knowledge and suddenly now have more friends than I've ever had!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I'll be fine guys! Well not fine but I'll get thru this.

I'm overwhelmed at all the help offered by you wonderful folks! Just when I was sure the world had become just one big toilet, strangers (fellow outdoorsman) step up and offer help without even asking!

If you guys really want to help, pray that God strikes me down soon (very soon)! I'm pretty sure I won't make it to heaven. The holiness standards most often seem so high that none of us could measure up! One fellow in this very thread I wanted to strangle last night! I guess I never learned the "turn the other cheek" very well!

anyway if you guys really want to help someone, please help a family you may know of going thru their own nightmare! I'm lucky to not have a wife and kids to worry about! The thought of a mother and kids with no food and no where to go is more than I can stand!

Thanks also for proving that there are still so many amazing folks left in this world!!
Originally Posted by mirage243

I'll be honest with ya! I'm scared [bleep]! BUT the only place I know of anywhere near here that will allow homeless is the ghetto's of Detroit! I'd love to head to the country but anywhere I go there would be trespassing!

Thanks!!!!

MGB, with spring on the way you might consider doing some camping. Here is a link with info for what the state of Michigan calls dispersed camping. Just follow the rules, buy some bug spray and get your tail out of that asphalt chit hole.

Link
Hey mgb, have you ever had the orgasmic experience of ass-wounding a bear and then having your lawn boy give it the coup de grace while you sipped hot Kenyan chai?
good to see the inbreds are out in full force today
I'm calling bull shiit on this thread
i'm calling bullshiit on you being anything other than a bish
I've worked my ass off my whole life often up to 115 hours a week! I've paid 1500 dollars a week during those 115 hour weeks in income tax because I've always been a single white male!

For some reason I have misgivings about this situation. Not saying don't offer a hand but if a man paid this much in income tax a week it seems that some provision should have been made for old age. Too many red flags in all this to my way of thinking. No matter what suggestions are given he finds some reason that they won't work.

I am sure of one thing, though; if a man is truly in need and won't accept assistance the biggest hindrance is pride.
I've worked my ass off my whole life often up to 115 hours a week! I've paid 1500 dollars a week during those 115 hour weeks in income tax because I've always been a single white male!

For some reason I have misgivings about this situation. Not saying don't offer a hand but if a man paid this much in income tax a week it seems that some provision should have been made for old age. Too many red flags in all this to my way of thinking.

I am sure of one thing, though; if a man is truly in need and won't accept assistance the biggest hindrance is pride.
go plant some sweet taters and let this goatfuckk of a thread die, old man
Originally Posted by TheREALStovepipe
i'm calling bullshiit on you being anything other than a bish

Thanks, that means a lot coming from a sockpuppet
[Linked Image]
I'm just kickin this around in my head. What blood type are you? There's a great white hunter on here that might buy one of your kidneys.

Something to think about.
You guys are all amazing! I came here for knowledge and suddenly now have more friends than I've ever had!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I'll be fine guys! Well not fine but I'll get thru this.

I'm overwhelmed at all the help offered by you wonderful folks! Just when I was sure the world had become just one big toilet, strangers (fellow outdoorsman) step up and offer help without even asking!

If you guys really want to help, pray that God strikes me down soon (very soon)! I'm pretty sure I won't make it to heaven. The holiness standards most often seem so high that none of us could measure up! One fellow in this very thread I wanted to strangle last night! I guess I never learned the "turn the other cheek" very well!

anyway if you guys really want to help someone, please help a family you may know of going thru their own nightmare! I'm lucky to not have a wife and kids to worry about! The thought of a mother and kids with no food and no where to go is more than I can stand!

Thanks also for proving that there are still so many amazing folks left in this world!!

be careful what you ask God for, remember He loves us all equally just hates what a lot of us do, Each person in this world has equal value to God it is just that many think they are to far gone ,the time to pray and accept Christ is now the offer only ends when you die without HIM.
God thru Christ gave us dominion over this world and a free will to do as we pleased, with greed for power and money the world is going to hell in a hand basket , that does not mean that we have to jump aboard for the ride , we can take the narrow road ,and believe me it's not an easy road but it is the right one.
I will pray for you and the depression you appear to be going thru, all I can offer you is hope and life thru Christ and ALL that He gives .

norm
MGB, I understand your situation firsthand. A back injury and the economy cost me my small (myself and 1 employee) drywall business a few years ago. I lost my home to foreclosure and a lot of other things including my guns ( a couple went to my son so they aren't "lost") and taxidermy. I continued as Pastor of a small church (my weekend job) but a string of family tragedies in 2012 prompted me to give that up, hopefully not forever. For the most part I don't have anything anymore and live with a relative who I pay by doing the odd construction job that comes my way. My back is not enough of a problem that I can't get a regular job but I need a new start in a new place. That's the decision I've arrived at. I'm going to find a way to get enough money to get out of PA and rent something and get a job. Those are my goals. I know you can't work but I think a new location could do a lot to brighten your mood. Sometimes everything around us waxes old and life seems to lose it's flavor. A new day and a new outlook (and some money) is what we both need. I suggest you find a way out of Michigan. God Bless you and good luck! PM me if you need anything for whatever help I could be. grin

When I moved back to Alaska, I didn't have any place to live so I secured a spot at a local camp ground and made it my home for 2 months. The campground had showers and laundry facilities I got by with what I had until I could find work. That might be an option for you if you can sell one of your rifles.

Buy yourself a nice big tent, find a campground that will let you stay for more than a week. Living in a tent isn't all that bad and I actually enjoyed it. Bought myself a little propane cook stove and used the grill supplied by the campground so I had everything I needed for cooking. You could even apply to be a campground host and have a place to stay for free.

Anyways, I thought i'd share that idea with you and possibly open up another option for you. Good luck to MGB.
Damn my ignore list just doubled in this thread alone. Wow what a bunch of Dou##bags.
MGB,

Do you have any military service, the Michigan Department of Veteran's affairs has several homes(0ld soldiers homes they used to call them) that are actually good places to live. I don't know the exact requirements but it would be worth checking out. There is a Veteran's affairs office at each court house in the state.

AK, does have a good idea, camping for the summer in Michigan would be a blast there are so many places to stay that are off the beaten path, now that the state has re-opened many of the State Forest Campgrounds this year.(closed due to budget cuts the last couple of years). Hell If you go that route and need a tent, swing through the Grand Rapids area and I have some extra gear you can have. Its not much but would get you started, warm and dry.
[/quote]

MGB, with spring on the way you might consider doing some camping. Here is a link with info for what the state of Michigan calls dispersed camping. Just follow the rules, buy some bug spray and get your tail out of that asphalt chit hole.

Link [/quote]

Actually that some pretty good advice! Thanks and for the link!

For some reason I have misgivings about this situation. Not saying don't offer a hand but if a man paid this much in income tax a week it seems that some provision should have been made for old age. Too many red flags in all this to my way of thinking.

You bettcha! Call it pridefull or anything else you like! I ain't taking someone else's money because I'm in a spot!

This is the second time you've chimed in thinking I'm scamming someone! I'm very confused! I haven't asked anyone for anything except what the last few of my guns are worth! I'm thinking that since this is the last of my possessions I don't want to be ignorant of the current pricing!

And yes there was provision for old age! I had a couple of 401k plans that had to be cashed in early to stay alive with!
Some of it (3000) I gave to a church members family to save their home from foreclosure! AND when I lost my own home, they were no where around, not even to help my get my things out of there!

I guess you just see scammers and cheaters everywhere you look! In a way your in much worse shape than I! Why don't you take there money if that makes feel any better!

I have to tell ya! For years I've seen your avatar and got a warm feeling because you look a lot like my grampa and another fellow I worked with! You sure seem like a heck of a nice guy (from the photo).

I hope you can make peace with whoever it is that cheated you!
[bleep] that Detroit business, go somewhere safe, worst they can do to you is arrest you and you will get 3 square meals a day, shower, and health care for your troubles.

You'll be living the high life in comparison. grin
[/quote]

be careful what you ask God for, remember He loves us all equally just hates what a lot of us do, Each person in this world has equal value to God it is just that many think they are to far gone ,the time to pray and accept Christ is now the offer only ends when you die without HIM.
God thru Christ gave us dominion over this world and a free will to do as we pleased, with greed for power and money the world is going to hell in a hand basket , that does not mean that we have to jump aboard for the ride , we can take the narrow road ,and believe me it's not an easy road but it is the right one.
I will pray for you and the depression you appear to be going thru, all I can offer you is hope and life thru Christ and ALL that He gives .

norm [/quote]

Thanks Norm! Long ago I was praying so hard my eyes would bug out! I asked why he would let children starve and die and I don't think I was being real nice about it! he told me in a condescending voice to never again ask him to do what i could do myself! I was floored! I finally realized the WE were letting them starve and die and it wasn't his job to save them! Ever since I NEVER ask him for anything but wisdom!! he hasn't given me much of it but there is a little!
Originally Posted by moosemike
MGB, I understand your situation firsthand. A back injury and the economy cost me my small (myself and 1 employee) drywall business a few years ago. I lost my home to foreclosure and a lot of other things including my guns ( a couple went to my son so they aren't "lost") and taxidermy. I continued as Pastor of a small church (my weekend job) but a string of family tragedies in 2012 prompted me to give that up, hopefully not forever. For the most part I don't have anything anymore and live with a relative who I pay by doing the odd construction job that comes my way. My back is not enough of a problem that I can't get a regular job but I need a new start in a new place. That's the decision I've arrived at. I'm going to find a way to get enough money to get out of PA and rent something and get a job. Those are my goals. I know you can't work but I think a new location could do a lot to brighten your mood. Sometimes everything around us waxes old and life seems to lose it's flavor. A new day and a new outlook (and some money) is what we both need. I suggest you find a way out of Michigan. God Bless you and good luck! PM me if you need anything for whatever help I could be. grin

Thank you! It can't be easy to tell it on a public forum! I sure appreciate it! Maybe some day I can return the favor!
[/quote]

When I moved back to Alaska, I didn't have any place to live so I secured a spot at a local camp ground and made it my home for 2 months. The campground had showers and laundry facilities I got by with what I had until I could find work. That might be an option for you if you can sell one of your rifles.

Buy yourself a nice big tent, find a campground that will let you stay for more than a week. Living in a tent isn't all that bad and I actually enjoyed it. Bought myself a little propane cook stove and used the grill supplied by the campground so I had everything I needed for cooking. You could even apply to be a campground host and have a place to stay for free.

Anyways, I thought i'd share that idea with you and possibly open up another option for you. Good luck to MGB. [/quote]

Thanks so much! That is an excellent idea and if I sell them all I might be able to go for quite a while!
I would rather be out in the woods somewhere rather than in that ghetto!
Originally Posted by inland44
MGB,

Do you have any military service, the Michigan Department of Veteran's affairs has several homes(0ld soldiers homes they used to call them) that are actually good places to live. I don't know the exact requirements but it would be worth checking out. There is a Veteran's affairs office at each court house in the state.

AK, does have a good idea, camping for the summer in Michigan would be a blast there are so many places to stay that are off the beaten path, now that the state has re-opened many of the State Forest Campgrounds this year.(closed due to budget cuts the last couple of years). Hell If you go that route and need a tent, swing through the Grand Rapids area and I have some extra gear you can have. Its not much but would get you started, warm and dry.

Thank you very much!!! your very kind!
Well the trolls are out looking for a bite I guess! Thank you all!
I'll let this thread die and just remember not to mention personal problems when asking for pricing!

FYI I posted on another forum but his time no slip of the situation! I got one reply who offered me 1000 for everything! lol

again I just wanted pricing! lol

Thanks guys! I'm going back to lurking!
Originally Posted by Duckhunter
Damn my ignore list just doubled in this thread alone. Wow what a bunch of Dou##bags.

ESAD
Originally Posted by moosemike

Thank you! It can't be easy to tell it on a public forum! I sure appreciate it! Maybe some day I can return the favor!

It isn't easy and that's why I don't. But your case resembles mine in a number of ways and I thought it was the right time. Just to let you know you ain't the only one.
Right back atcha !!!!
© 24hourcampfire