G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Dickhead in the basement.......

[Linked Image]

MGB, sorry for the azzholes that seem to crop up. Please consider the hand up you have been offered. I was out of work for seven months a few years ago and know what humility is. As per your situation, I have paid into the system since I was in high school and was shocked at how hard it was to get some of what I paid for. Family and friends came to my aid, and for that I am very grateful. The best of luck and hope to you and your situation.

Thanks! I sure appreciate it! It's not easy admitting this kind of stuff publicly! Thanks for sharing that!

I'll be fine! After I live in the Jeep for two weeks, I think the family services will then help out with one of the welfare apartments or motel rooms to live in. At least that's the way it was a few years back but it might be only during the winter cold!

It sucks I can't get any of the enormous amount of money I've put into this system! I won't live long enough to get any of it and I sure could use it now! BUT it will be there for someone else, I just hope its someone who deserves it and not another cheater!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sign up for a free email at yahoo or google. You can set it up so your mail sent to your current email address is transferred to you new email.

Also, have you thought about appealing the denial of disability? There are lawyers that work pro bono for people in your situation.

Last edited by ConradCA; 04/07/14.

[Linked Image from ]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Very seldom does anyone get disability right off the first get go

anymore,but like said get a pro bono lawyer. I know several people that have had lawyers fight it for as much as two years

and when they finally got it they got BIG cheques for thousands

for all the time from when they first filled for it.

Hang in there and keep us posted. Bob

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Better be careful living in your jeep in Detroit, I believe I would try to get away from there if at all possible. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help, good luck to you my friend.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Uriah
Uhh..the keyboard is the medium here...you wantem me use smoke signals?
KARMA is going to bite your ass soon Uriah grin

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It reads like you have two emergent problems:

No money.

No secure place for your guns.

I had a cousin that found himself in the same spot. He pawned them all, using the pawn shop as secure storage and small portion of the loan for his most urgent needs. He later reclaimed them - some to sell and some to keep. He was advertising them for sale even while pawned.

Instant money.

Secure storage.

Yes, it cost him interest; but it bought him food and fuel enough to get him to a watchman / handyman job that we had available and kept his guns secure. He like you was very reticent about taking any money or aid - not even an advance to get him to the new job.

Last edited by Rovering; 04/08/14. Reason: typo
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I am familiar with this. Your name wouldn't be Matt Foley by chance? Ex motivational speaker?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83156259/

?

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Sign up for a free email at yahoo or google. You can set it up so your mail sent to your current email address is transferred to you new email.

Also, have you thought about appealing the denial of disability? There are lawyers that work pro bono for people in your situation.

Thanks! I've had a Yahoo account for email for a very long time! I kinda got tired of it and wanted to redirect mail else where but never could find how to redirect in the free Yahoo.

I did appeal. After a long time I got a letter saying still denied. No reason to go against the judges decision. I had a lawyer for both. She never did a thing. Never said a word in the hearing and almost missed the hearing all together. She told me to be there an hour early so we could talk, then she didn't show up until 2 minutes before the hearing! She was less than useless!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bobbyjack
Very seldom does anyone get disability right off the first get go

anymore,but like said get a pro bono lawyer. I know several people that have had lawyers fight it for as much as two years

and when they finally got it they got BIG cheques for thousands

for all the time from when they first filled for it.

Hang in there and keep us posted. Bob

Thanks! I appreciate it! I did have a lawyer. She was less than useless. Never said a thing during the hearing and showed up for it 2 minutes before the hearing!

I've been wanting to try again but now don't trust any of the lawyers. Apparently its a numbers game for them. The more folks they sign up to represent the better the odds they'll win something.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by mirage243
Better be careful living in your jeep in Detroit, I believe I would try to get away from there if at all possible. Keep us posted and let us know if we can help, good luck to you my friend.

I'll be honest with ya! I'm scared [bleep]! BUT the only place I know of anywhere near here that will allow homeless is the ghetto's of Detroit! I'd love to head to the country but anywhere I go there would be trespassing!

Thanks!!!!

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Rovering
It reads like you have two emergent problems:

No money.

No secure place for your guns.

I had a cousin that found himself in the same spot. He pawned them all, using the pawn shop as secure storage and small portion of the loan for his most urgent needs. He later reclaimed them - some to sell and some to keep. He was advertising them for sale even while pawned.

Instant money.

Secure storage.

Yes, it cost him interest; but it bought him food and fuel enough to get him to a watchman / handyman job that we had available and kept his guns secure. He like you was very reticent about taking any money or aid - not even an advance to get him to the new job.

That's an excellent idea but I won't be getting them back! My health has been an avalanche for the last 10 years going down hill really fast! Everyone says it'll get better someday but it's only gonna get worse.

Thank you so very much! I sure appreciate it!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
You guys are all amazing! I came here for knowledge and suddenly now have more friends than I've ever had!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!! I'll be fine guys! Well not fine but I'll get thru this.

I'm overwhelmed at all the help offered by you wonderful folks! Just when I was sure the world had become just one big toilet, strangers (fellow outdoorsman) step up and offer help without even asking!

If you guys really want to help, pray that God strikes me down soon (very soon)! I'm pretty sure I won't make it to heaven. The holiness standards most often seem so high that none of us could measure up! One fellow in this very thread I wanted to strangle last night! I guess I never learned the "turn the other cheek" very well!

anyway if you guys really want to help someone, please help a family you may know of going thru their own nightmare! I'm lucky to not have a wife and kids to worry about! The thought of a mother and kids with no food and no where to go is more than I can stand!

Thanks also for proving that there are still so many amazing folks left in this world!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MtnGreyBeard
Originally Posted by mirage243

I'll be honest with ya! I'm scared [bleep]! BUT the only place I know of anywhere near here that will allow homeless is the ghetto's of Detroit! I'd love to head to the country but anywhere I go there would be trespassing!

Thanks!!!!

MGB, with spring on the way you might consider doing some camping. Here is a link with info for what the state of Michigan calls dispersed camping. Just follow the rules, buy some bug spray and get your tail out of that asphalt chit hole.

Link

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey mgb, have you ever had the orgasmic experience of ass-wounding a bear and then having your lawn boy give it the coup de grace while you sipped hot Kenyan chai?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
good to see the inbreds are out in full force today

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm calling bull shiit on this thread

Eating twinkies and playing Xbox live with Boococky is how I roll!
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
i'm calling bullshiit on you being anything other than a bish

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've worked my ass off my whole life often up to 115 hours a week! I've paid 1500 dollars a week during those 115 hour weeks in income tax because I've always been a single white male!

For some reason I have misgivings about this situation. Not saying don't offer a hand but if a man paid this much in income tax a week it seems that some provision should have been made for old age. Too many red flags in all this to my way of thinking. No matter what suggestions are given he finds some reason that they won't work.

I am sure of one thing, though; if a man is truly in need and won't accept assistance the biggest hindrance is pride.

Last edited by MColeman; 04/08/14.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by MColeman
I've worked my ass off my whole life often up to 115 hours a week! I've paid 1500 dollars a week during those 115 hour weeks in income tax because I've always been a single white male!

For some reason I have misgivings about this situation. Not saying don't offer a hand but if a man paid this much in income tax a week it seems that some provision should have been made for old age. Too many red flags in all this to my way of thinking.

I am sure of one thing, though; if a man is truly in need and won't accept assistance the biggest hindrance is pride.
go plant some sweet taters and let this goatfuckk of a thread die, old man

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by TheREALStovepipe
i'm calling bullshiit on you being anything other than a bish

Thanks, that means a lot coming from a sockpuppet

Eating twinkies and playing Xbox live with Boococky is how I roll!
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 160user, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,625 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,817
Posts18,477,689
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.