Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Hi Guys!

UPDATE

I forgot all about an Encore I have! I bought it as a 50 muzzleloader. It shot so well I bought
a 708 barrel for it! Ha the worst barrel I have ever seen on any rifle! It shoots minute of BARN at
100 yards! At 50 you might be able to hit a small house! I bought a 15" 223 barrel for it and later
was informed that I couldn't use it with that frame! (I called all the police stations in the area including the State police and all said it was ok! 2 hours after I got home with it the State police called me and basically said it was illegal! SO I kinda freaked out and ran to the copshop to get a permit to buy an Encore handgun frame to make things legal again!

Anyway, any idea how much they would be worth?? 1 encore rifle with the worst barrel ever made, one encore handgun with a 223 (15") and a 10" 410/45. I know they won't be worth much but it will help!

I'm not asking for charity or anything else here, just your knowledge of prices so I don't get cheated on the last of my guns when I sell them!

I'm a 60 year old cripple old man with a long sad story just like thousands of folks out
there! I won't bother you all with the boring sad details but I find after losing my job, my home
and my health and almost everything I ever owned that I need to sell the few guns I have left.

I'll be living in a Jeep and can no longer keep em!

I have a Colt CAR-A3 HBAR ELITE. The barrel is stamped "MP 5.56 NATO 1/9 HBAR ELITE". The pistol grip is original but has a spacer I got from Sinclair to put my finger in a slightly better position on the trigger. It also has a Leupold Vari-X II 4-12 mounted and a Harris bi-pod. It's one of the most consistent shooters I've ever owned and it kills me to have to sell it but I'll need gas for my new home in my Jeep!

I also have a Remington 700VS 308 with a Leupold vari-X III 6.5 to 20 mounted on it! It shoots REAL well!
Any ideas on the worth of that?

And last but not least I have a Sako 243 varmint M591 with a Burris Signature 8-32 mounted on it with Burris rings and offset inserts for added elevation. A bench rest competitor shot it a few years back and claimed it was without a doubt the nice factory trigger he'd ever used.

Any help in determining what each of these might be worth would be greatly appreciated!
I plan on trying to sell them fact to face in Michigan (if that's still allowed)!

Thanks Guys! I appreciate any info at all on what I might be able to get from these!!!

OH I also have a Rem 700 mountain lss in 708 but I'm hoping to be able to keep this one in case I have to feed myself with it! BUT in the gettos of Detroit I doubt there will be anything to hunt!

Last edited by MtnGreyBeard; 04/07/14.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So sorry to hear of your troubles.

Before you sell your guns, what can I do to help?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
might want to try heading west to the Bakken, know you say cripple so that rules out oil field work but all kinds of businesses are having problems filling regular positions due to lack of any sort of reliable workers....if your gonna be living out of your Jeep anyway, its now spring out here with the worst of the cold well behind us...

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Can you drive a truck of any sort? If you have a commercial driver's license, I can get you a job right now.

If you are stuck, and are hungry, I can send you some money.

Like you, I had heart attacks starting in February, and know how it is to try and pay bills with not being able to work.

If you are in Detroit, you probably need to keep the guns loaded and handy.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
i'd use that gas money and get the [bleep] out of where you are..

IC B2

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
You will make more money selling the scopes and rifles separately. The Colt is worth $1000, the scope $250.
The Rem is worth $650, the scope $300 (it is an older generation)
The Sake is worth $750, and I cannot value the Burris scope.

These are full retail values; price through a dealer would be considerably less.

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
So sorry to hear of your troubles.

Before you sell your guns, what can I do to help?

Thanks so much! It's a long sad story and even I'm sick of it!
All I'll say is I'm disabled (conjunctive heart failure, copd and some nasty back problems from a surgery in the 80's) and Uncle Sam says I'm not disabled enough to collect disability (a completely black court system, the judge and every single employee is black) I'm normally not prejudiced but it was a major factor in this hearing)

I sure appreciate your offer for help but I can't and won't take charity! If I could work there wouldn't be a problem!

Your kindness has been the best part of my day! Thank you!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rattler
might want to try heading west to the Bakken, know you say cripple so that rules out oil field work but all kinds of businesses are having problems filling regular positions due to lack of any sort of reliable workers....if your gonna be living out of your Jeep anyway, its now spring out here with the worst of the cold well behind us...

Thanks! Sounds like good advice but what about cops! I need to find somewhere homeless are allowed to exist! The only place I know of are the crack houses and burn out factories in the gettos of Detroit! But it's kind of a catch 22 since living there I'll need all the guns I could get!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Don't give up hope, amigo.

How does a person go about getting ahold of you?

In today's world, ANY of us could own this situation. Even the best of us are only days away from being in the same boat when things start to go south.

Not asking you to take charity. But, a helping hand up is often needed by all of us at some point in our life.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MtnGreyBeard

Thanks! Sounds like good advice but what about cops! I need to find somewhere homeless are allowed to exist! The only place I know of are the crack houses and burn out factories in the gettos of Detroit! But it's kind of a catch 22 since living there I'll need all the guns I could get!

Everyone is homeless in the Bakken. Seriously.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Can you drive a truck of any sort? If you have a commercial driver's license, I can get you a job right now.

If you are stuck, and are hungry, I can send you some money.

Like you, I had heart attacks starting in February, and know how it is to try and pay bills with not being able to work.

If you are in Detroit, you probably need to keep the guns loaded and handy.

HA! Thanks! I was just thinking I sure could use at least the AR when I head down there! My biggest worry is the cops and the endless harassment! I also realize that once down in that [bleep] whole they'll steal the Jeep the first moment I'm not in it!

Life really sucks sometimes, then it gets real serious!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by rosco1
i'd use that gas money and get the [bleep] out of where you are..

I think your right! I really can't go to far since most of the gas will be needed to run the heater now and then!

G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by utah708
You will make more money selling the scopes and rifles separately. The Colt is worth $1000, the scope $250.
The Rem is worth $650, the scope $300 (it is an older generation)
The Sake is worth $750, and I cannot value the Burris scope.

These are full retail values; price through a dealer would be considerably less.

Thank you very very much! This gives me some idea of the income I can expect for this year!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You have family anywhere?

I doubt you have anything holding you in Detroit any longer, the way you talk. It's good advice to get out of there asap. There are warmer, better places for sure.

How about a cell phone? Got one?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Don't give up hope, amigo.

How does a person go about getting ahold of you?

In today's world, ANY of us could own this situation. Even the best of us are only days away from being in the same boat when things start to go south.

Not asking you to take charity. But, a helping hand up is often needed by all of us at some point in our life.

I can't go anywhere really until I can sell the few things I have left.

I have a feeling that we all will be in my shoes soon!

Um...gffhdhyhdthy is the only thing I have for contact at the moment. I am getting a helping hand at the moment. I've been getting food stamps for a few years now! I know you all are against that and those who use it but I have no other choice! If I could work there wouldn't be problem!

What really kills me is the almost 50 years I've paid into a system that once your old enough or fealble enough to need it, they won't let you have it!

Hang on dearly to your health! It's all you really have!

Last edited by MtnGreyBeard; 04/07/14.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think you need to send me a PM with some contact info.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by MtnGreyBeard

Everyone is homeless in the Bakken. Seriously.

Sounds like my kind of place!

I really need to find homes for my 10 or 12 feral cats I've been taking care of for years! After that I'd love to leave this [bleep] whole world!

Once you can't hunt or fish or spend your time reloading and at a range, or working (I used to love working)it just not worth living anymore!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Man, offer the guns here for sale, and see what you get. If I wasn't a bit on the light side right now I'd take one off your hands, and sell it back for a bargain when you got on your feet! Win win.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I think you need to send me a PM with some contact info.

All I really have is a email address in the post above but I may lose that soon also!

Ya know, all I really need is a handshake! You've already been more than kind! Thanks!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I sent you a PM with my phone number.

If you call, we can discuss some options.

While I'd be glad to shake your hand, that isn't going to do you any long term good... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (204guy, 12344mag, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,446 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,462
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.