Home
Posted By: 5sdad Parking Lots at "Man Stores" - 06/28/14
For those who may be unaware, when traveling in parking lots at stores such as building supply stores, farm and fleets, and establishments of similar ilk, it is important to drive in a very authoritative (fast) manner. To do otherwise would be to fail to establish dominance over those who might be backing from parking spots, seeking to merge from the parking lanes into the main traffic lines, and things of that nature. These are places for the marking of territory, not for caution and courtesy. Rant over, carry on.
Someone ran into you while you were backing out of a parking space?
The idiot factor on the road does seem to be higher lately. Apparently turn signals are thought of as an unnecessary form of operation up here.
Pipe bumpers help
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Apparently turn signals are thought of as an unnecessary form of operation up here.

LOL,,, we did a job in CA years ago. Didn't take me long to learn to NEVER use your turn signal on a freeway. Let em know your plans and you'll never make a lane change.

5Sdad, try being me. I live 30 miles outside of nowhere Idaho.
on our road we see 2 vehicles a day. these are border patrol.
some times I can drive for a month around the area without meeting another car.
right now I am in Raleigh NC on a business trip. after a day driving city streets I am a wreak. but especially the parking lots of starbucks or a mall just about have me crawling on the side walk.

in other words I FEEL YOUR PAIN!
Get a Pro account at the Depot and you can have your own parking spot right up front.
That way you don't have to dodge the peons when it comes time to park your dinky lil peacup.
Temporarily working in Trenton NJ and traveling around the state a bit - every now and then drive by the spot where Tracy Morgan (Saturday Night Live comic) got smacked. Lots of crazies and when you see a wreck on the turnpike, it's generally a good one. Will be glad to go home to ID. But even then, dealing with the "metro" crowd in Boise tests my patience.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Parking Lots at "Man Stores" - 06/29/14
[i][/i]
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Someone ran into you while you were backing out of a parking space?

Nah, I just was observing the other day and was put off by the "me first, me next, me after that, and the hell with everybody else" attitude that I saw.
AK, I am heading home Monday and once I get out o Spokane, i'll start to breath again.
Hell!!!!!!I live in Charlotte had to go to Raleigh Thursday. I about had a nervous breakdown before I got back home. cry
I can make you a real deal on a 95 Ford F250 4x4.
Just drive, and let the other fellow worry about it.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Parking Lots at "Man Stores" - 06/29/14
Originally Posted by deerstalker
right now I am in Raleigh NC on a business trip. after a day driving city streets I am a wreak. but especially the parking lots of starbucks or a mall just about have me crawling on the side walk.

Many years ago, when I was working in New York City, my uncle Woody brought his family in by car from very rural Lakota, North Dakota. As I recall, they wanted to see a Yankees-Twins baseball game. As we sat in my apartment on the upper West Side, he observed that he would never be back again. NYC was not to his taste! cry
What I hate is the lowes parking lot in Missoula. If I go to Missoula I get there get what I need and leave. Thus I don't go often. If I go to lowes I go because no one else has it because the have the worst parking lot to pull a trailer there is no where to park and forget trying to turn around
Originally Posted by deerstalker

I wouldn't be caught dead in a starbucks or their parking lots.. That one is easy to solve.
Crowhunter is spot on. RanchHand bumpers with front and rear receiver hitches, with steel side rock rails and budget wheels, carrying liability only. The look on the faces of the folks that run into you, while you play on your I-Phone while they call the cops, and a wrecker, is priceless. It really pisses them off if you have peanut m&m's and a soda while your waiting for the cops.

It is a stone cold fact:

The extra you spend on gas is made up for in life and auto premiums, deductibles, and aggrevation.

The lower your insurance coverage on home and auto, the less likely a lawsuit. Lawyers research your assets before they take a case.

One more reason self-driving cars are going to take over.
Idiots on the road and parking lots are why I don't drive anything nice. Currently running a 93 suburban. Hit it I don't give a chit. This replaced a previous 93 suburban that just plan rusted to the ground. That truck proved to me the extra gas and the lack of luxury options was worth it.

I got rear ended. Stupid piece of chit mexican landscapers in front of with a trailer hit the brakes hard to make a driveway they were about to miss. Off course no brakelights. So I had to stomp the pedal. I stopped in time. The minivan behind me did not. She bounced off me. The a 2000ish chevy impala hit me. She try to go around be at the last minute but still hit me. Well she ended up going under the bumper hitting the skid plate over the gas tank an going under me. My drivers rear was resting in the windshield was all was said and done.

In the end both vehicles were totaled. Neither had insurance. I had a dented bumper and bare minimum insurance. Which I was made a point of mentioning. Both drivers were the type that would be all over suing the white man even if they were at fault. Out right told them my insurance is not even going to consider giving you go away money. Only thing that pissed me off is the cops did not give tickets to them for no insurance. The impala driver called a tow truck. After she wanted me to call one I laughed. You are under my truck I have nowhere to be. Tow showed up and could not get her out form under me. So I was going to have to be tow me off her. Thats great. You ain't touching my truck and charging me for a tow. Ended up hitting the other driver for hooking fee plus the fees for her vehicle. So yes it may inconvenience me if my vehicle is taken out but I can guarantee I will be less screwed than whoever hits me.
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Nah, I just was observing the other day and was put off by the "me first, me next, me after that, and the hell with everybody else" attitude that I saw.

After me, you come first!

The ID10Ts that drive on a long diagonal through all the parking spots are my fave!
My first move in a "Man Store" parking lot is to piss on the tires of every vehicle I can. Thereby exerting my dominance upon arrival.

twofish
Originally Posted by gophergunner
The idiot factor on the road does seem to be higher lately. Apparently turn signals are thought of as an unnecessary form of operation up here.

People in Minnesota, especially in the Twin Cities, were using "Telepathy Blinkers" long before I left back there in 1995...

Everything else has gotten a lot worse back there, why not that also...especially considering all the Muslims they have so proudly imported so they can have a more "diverse" society....
I'm another one from a small town who occasionally gets to Seattle or Portland. I HATE it. Boise is even worse. It's much smaller but the city designers were apparently a pack of idiots.
I'm on my way home from 3,000 miles on the road, including multiple days in the Bay area, San Jose, LA and Orange County, and by far the worse driving and traffic have been in Nevada between Las Vegas and the Arizona border.
IME, it's the soccer moms in their Tahoes, with a smartphone glued to their ear that are the aggressive drivers in parking lots.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Parking Lots at "Man Stores" - 06/29/14
Originally Posted by bruinruin
IME, it's the soccer moms in their Tahoes, with a smartphone glued to their ear that are the aggressive drivers in parking lots.

To me they are a different case - they assume that everyone will yield to them (be it driving, going through a door, approaching a check-out line, or whatever) because of their gender. This has been reinforced since they were little. The men, on the other hand, are establishing dominance.
Posted By: KDK Re: Parking Lots at "Man Stores" - 06/29/14
Different here. The idiots are either uber-timid or indecisive. It shouldn't take three minutes to decide where to park!
+1. It is like return to planet of the apes. Especially with all the AZ transplants driving like bats out of hell to get to their gambling and boozing in LV, then driving home a couple days later the same way, with their tails between their legs, mad at the world, licking their wounds, wallets empty and credit cards maxed.

forepaw
Rancho Loco, I firmly believe that most of the growth of southern Nv. is a result of Californians that lost their driving privileges having moved here. Driving in Las Vegas is an adventure enhanced by thousands of non english speaking cab drivers and illegals driving uninsured vehicles. We do however have spectacular landscaping for a desert town w/out an adequate water supply.

mike r
Posted By: eh76 Re: Parking Lots at "Man Stores" - 06/29/14
I have spent the last week in MA with Leighton and the guys. I am just happy to say I am glad Leighton and Ed did the driving. I am not used to that kind of traffic and they are. grin
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Rancho Loco, I firmly believe that most of the growth of southern Nv. is a result of Californians that lost their driving privileges having moved here. Driving in Las Vegas is an adventure enhanced by thousands of non english speaking cab drivers and illegals driving uninsured vehicles. We do however have spectacular landscaping for a desert town w/out an adequate water supply.

mike r

Las Vegas was fine.. Once past the moapa travel plaza, it slammed shut. Road construction took it down to one lane and and it took 1 1/2 hrs to go 10 miles. People trying to gain an inch for no reason, gutterballs, 110� and drivers idling into overheat with their a/c blasting, and then blocking the lane.. It was pure stupidity.

To me, it looks like they need more LA drivers. Where else will it be bumper to bumper at 80 mph? Merging onto the freeway means punch it to 85 and put it in a hole and go. Maybe while shaving or putting on mascara.

I do have to say the interstate through town looked great! Very nicely done..
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't parking lots out of police jurisdiction, as well? Which leaves it up to insurance guys, I guess, to decide who is at fault (even if it's obvious)?
We get to go to Chicago, again.
NO WAY IN HE!! is this cowboy driving in downtown Chicago. The only folks crazier than the drivers are the bicyclists! They'll run 30 mph between the parking lane full of taxis and traffic - getting "doored" on a regular basis.

Mark
Posted By: KDK Re: Parking Lots at "Man Stores" - 06/30/14
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
To me, it looks like they need more LA drivers. Where else will it be bumper to bumper at 80 mph? Merging onto the freeway means punch it to 85 and put it in a hole and go. Maybe while shaving or putting on mascara.

Hell, they're LA drivers. Could be both.
True dat.
© 24hourcampfire