Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by gophergunner
The idiot factor on the road does seem to be higher lately. Apparently turn signals are thought of as an unnecessary form of operation up here.

People in Minnesota, especially in the Twin Cities, were using "Telepathy Blinkers" long before I left back there in 1995...

Everything else has gotten a lot worse back there, why not that also...especially considering all the Muslims they have so proudly imported so they can have a more "diverse" society....

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm another one from a small town who occasionally gets to Seattle or Portland. I HATE it. Boise is even worse. It's much smaller but the city designers were apparently a pack of idiots.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm on my way home from 3,000 miles on the road, including multiple days in the Bay area, San Jose, LA and Orange County, and by far the worse driving and traffic have been in Nevada between Las Vegas and the Arizona border.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IME, it's the soccer moms in their Tahoes, with a smartphone glued to their ear that are the aggressive drivers in parking lots.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bruinruin
IME, it's the soccer moms in their Tahoes, with a smartphone glued to their ear that are the aggressive drivers in parking lots.

To me they are a different case - they assume that everyone will yield to them (be it driving, going through a door, approaching a check-out line, or whatever) because of their gender. This has been reinforced since they were little. The men, on the other hand, are establishing dominance.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Different here. The idiots are either uber-timid or indecisive. It shouldn't take three minutes to decide where to park!

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
+1. It is like return to planet of the apes. Especially with all the AZ transplants driving like bats out of hell to get to their gambling and boozing in LV, then driving home a couple days later the same way, with their tails between their legs, mad at the world, licking their wounds, wallets empty and credit cards maxed.

forepaw

"Only accurate rifles (that are light enough to be carried by a middle-aged man in rough country) are interesting"
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Rancho Loco, I firmly believe that most of the growth of southern Nv. is a result of Californians that lost their driving privileges having moved here. Driving in Las Vegas is an adventure enhanced by thousands of non english speaking cab drivers and illegals driving uninsured vehicles. We do however have spectacular landscaping for a desert town w/out an adequate water supply.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have spent the last week in MA with Leighton and the guys. I am just happy to say I am glad Leighton and Ed did the driving. I am not used to that kind of traffic and they are. grin

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Rancho Loco, I firmly believe that most of the growth of southern Nv. is a result of Californians that lost their driving privileges having moved here. Driving in Las Vegas is an adventure enhanced by thousands of non english speaking cab drivers and illegals driving uninsured vehicles. We do however have spectacular landscaping for a desert town w/out an adequate water supply.

mike r

Las Vegas was fine.. Once past the moapa travel plaza, it slammed shut. Road construction took it down to one lane and and it took 1 1/2 hrs to go 10 miles. People trying to gain an inch for no reason, gutterballs, 110� and drivers idling into overheat with their a/c blasting, and then blocking the lane.. It was pure stupidity.

To me, it looks like they need more LA drivers. Where else will it be bumper to bumper at 80 mph? Merging onto the freeway means punch it to 85 and put it in a hole and go. Maybe while shaving or putting on mascara.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do have to say the interstate through town looked great! Very nicely done..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't parking lots out of police jurisdiction, as well? Which leaves it up to insurance guys, I guess, to decide who is at fault (even if it's obvious)?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We get to go to Chicago, again.
NO WAY IN HE!! is this cowboy driving in downtown Chicago. The only folks crazier than the drivers are the bicyclists! They'll run 30 mph between the parking lane full of taxis and traffic - getting "doored" on a regular basis.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
To me, it looks like they need more LA drivers. Where else will it be bumper to bumper at 80 mph? Merging onto the freeway means punch it to 85 and put it in a hole and go. Maybe while shaving or putting on mascara.

Hell, they're LA drivers. Could be both.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
True dat.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (Akhutr, 35, 33sixSS, 907brass, 300_savage, 7 invisible), 1,449 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,413
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.