Home
Sean Hannity reports another Islamic jihad group reports they have more advanced Iranian missiles they will use to help Hamas penetrate Israel's iron dome defense.
Can you provide us with the Bible passage behind this prophesy?
I'd be interested in that myself.
There are no Bible prophecies with reference to current events. All prophesy was fulfilled with the second coming of Jesus in judgement on Israel in 70AD.
I figure we will see a big war in the Middle East when all nations turn against Israel. Appears to me the US is turning to the dark side with its support of Israel's enemies.
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).
Originally Posted by eyeball
I figure we will see a big war in the Middle East when all nations turn against Israel. Appears to me the US is turning to the dark side with its support of Israel's enemies.

Just the POS and his followers. Not the entire country for sure.

But, you can always count on a Muslim to take the side of a Muslim...
Introduction

"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) Then let them which be in Judea flee into the mountains. . . For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" (Matthew 24: 15, 16, 21).

So you believe the current tribulations in the ME compare with WWI and WWII?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Very predictable, kinda like a liberal...........
Hell to pay when the Pos turns his back on Israel.
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Very predictable, kinda like a liberal...........

And a Marxist.
For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

Didn't that already happen in 70 AD and again in 1099?
This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I am about to turn against you the weapons of war that are in your hands, which you are using to fight the king of Babylon and the Babylonians who are outside the wall besieging you. And I will gather them inside this city.

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Sharon fulfilled prophesy when he made treaties backed by the US in giving up land to the Palestinians God had given His chosen.
Wasn't that fulfilled when Rome destroyed the Temple shortly after the Jews arranged for the death of their Messiah?
This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I am about to turn against you the weapons of war that are in your hands, which you are using to fight the king of Babylon and the Babylonians who are outside the wall besieging you. And I will gather them inside this city.

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Sharon fulfilled prophesy when he made treaties backed by the US in giving up land to the Palestinians God had given His chosen.

And who is this king of Babylon?
Ariel Sharon was dead for less than four hours on Saturday when Shabbat ended and the religious social network began buzzing with omens. One of the most popular celestial theories making the rounds was the Hebrew date on which the former prime minister had returned his soul to his maker - the tenth of Shvat 5774. Scrabbling to find its meaning, they quickly came up with one - it was exactly ten years to the day that Sharon had first disclosed his plan to "disengage" from Gaza, over a lavish breakfast in the prime minister's residence with Haaretz's Yoel Marcus.

TRH, it was also fulfilled when Jesus was crucified and arose on the third day.

Wow, not much of a prophesy if we can name at least three times with the conditions were previously met.
Not sure that means "Bible prophesy being fulfilled now"

butit can't be good

Snake
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Wow, not much of a prophesy if we can name at least three times with the conditions were previously met.

To be fair, not all conflicts in the region could spell the end of the world as we know it today...

But, with the advanced weapons of mass destruction the players and some of their backers now have, it very well could do so now.

To be fair, not all conflicts in the region could spell the end of the world as we know it today...

But, with the advanced weapons of mass destruction the players and some of their backers now have, it very well could do so now.

Don't look at the flash

Snake

Iran hasn't completed their nukes yet, and I don't think Pakistan is dumb enough to try and supply any to Hamas.
Turkey has nukes too.

Didn't Turkey climb in bed with Hamas today, or yesterday?
Turkey has nukes too.

The 60-70 warheads in Turkey are US warheads under US control as part of a NATO sharing agreement.

There are nuclear weapons in Turkey, but they are not under Turkish control.
Introduction

It would seem that Daniel spoke of Antiochus 4th and his desecration of the temple and then the Lord Jesus Christ speaks of another event in that pattern. The temple will be rebuilt; the last and final antiChrist will enter the holy of holies and demand worship.
Hmmm... Maybe. Unless we are at odds over it, perhaps.
Originally Posted by Robert_White
Introduction

It would seem that Daniel spoke of Antiochus 4th and his desecration of the temple and then the Lord Jesus Christ speaks of another event in that pattern. The temple will be rebuilt; the last and final antiChrist will enter the holy of holies and demand worship.

Last I checked there was still a Mosque sitting atop the Holy of Holys
he ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah have been discovered southeast of the Dead Sea. The modern names are Bab edh-Dhra, thought to be Sodom, and Numeira, thought to be Gomorrah. Both places were destroyed at the same time by an enormous conflagration. The destruction debris was about three feet thick. What brought about this awful calamity? Startling discoveries in the cemetery at Bab edh-Dhra revealed the cause. Archaeologists found that buildings used to bury the dead were burned by a fire that started on the roof.

What would cause every structure in the cemetery to be destroyed in this way? The answer to the mystery is found in the Bible. �Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah�from the Lord out of the heavens� (Genesis 19:24). The only conceivable explanation for this unique discovery in the annals of archaeology is that burning debris fell on the buildings from the air. But how could such a thing happen?

There is ample evidence of subterranean deposits of a petroleum-based substance called bitumen, similar to asphalt, in the region south of the Dead Sea. Such material normally contains a high percentage of sulfur. It has been postulated by geologist Frederick Clapp that pressure from an earthquake could have caused the bitumen deposits to be forced out of the earth through a fault line. As it gushed out of the earth it could have been ignited by a spark or surface fire. It would then fall to earth as a burning, fiery mass.

It was only after Clapp formulated this theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were found. It turns out that the sites are located exactly on a fault line along the eastern side of a plain south of the Dead Sea, so Clapp's theory is entirely plausible. There is some evidence for this scenario from the Bible itself. Abraham viewed the destruction from a vantage point west of the Dead Sea. The Bible records what Abraham saw: �He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace� (Genesis 19:28). Dense smoke suggests smoke from a petroleum-based fire. Smoke rising like smoke from a furnace indicates a forced draft, such as would be expected from subterranean deposits being forced out of the ground under pressure.

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah became an example in the Bible of how God judges sin. �Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before Me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen� (Ezekiel 16:49-50).

FOR FURTHER READING (available from Associates for Biblical Research): �The Discovery of the Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah,� by Bryant G. Wood, Bible and Spade, Summer 1999, pp. 67-80.
http://www.alphanewsdaily.com/Warning%2019%20Gaza.html
Introduction

How I see it as well.

This Antichrist also possibly sacrificing a pig on the altar there. Jews being all happy and excited about him until those moments and events occur, lifting the veil or mask.

Temple needs to be rebuilt, and despite such looking bleak right now, it WILL happen. We, as a nation and as a people, should be about supporting Isreal in thier quest to re-capture thier heritage lands and espcially all of Jerusalem and the Temple site.

There is SOME talk, however, that the site where the mosque is really is not the original temple site as was long thought. It may be on ground already controlled by Isreal and the Jewish People. That could throw the whole timetable of prophetic events into a virtual turbocharged and (to us observing) a seemingly consolidated time frame.

Folks whom I trust and know to be solid, educated evangelical Christians have recomended this persons books and such. Click on the link to see him on TV and a list of his various books on current events and how they will or will not affect us. FWIW, Sherri and I are about to order a couple of his books and likely incorporate them into our daily devotional time.

HERE:

http://www.joelrosenberg.com/

Whatever, however and whenever these prophecies come through and show themselves or be evident for all to see, it is MOST important to remember that our personal "FINAL DAY" could be any day.

Another way of saying it is, prophecies fulfilled or not, we are fragile creatures and bodily death could come for me or you at any moment. So, it is incumbent upon each of us to be covered in the blood of Jesus Christ. To have asked him to be NOT just our savior as with a type of spiritual fire insurance policy, but to make him the LORD of our lives. With him living, and LOVING, in and through us, not us living our own way.

Here we will see GAZA specifically referred to in the Bible, because that is the name of the place that is being used at our present time when its place in prophecy is being fulfilled.

Zephaniah 2:1-7King James Version (KJV)

2 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord's anger come upon you.

3 Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger.

4 For GAZA (my capital letters) shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.

5 Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the Lord is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.

6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the Lord their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.
Originally Posted by safariman
With him living, and LOVING, in and through us, not us living our own way.

God forgive me for my thoughts....
he ruins of Sodom and Gomorrah have been discovered southeast of the Dead Sea. The modern names are Bab edh-Dhra, thought to be Sodom, and Numeira, thought to be Gomorrah. Both places were destroyed at the same time by an enormous conflagration. The destruction debris was about three feet thick. What brought about this awful calamity? Startling discoveries in the cemetery at Bab edh-Dhra revealed the cause. Archaeologists found that buildings used to bury the dead were burned by a fire that started on the roof.

What would cause every structure in the cemetery to be destroyed in this way? The answer to the mystery is found in the Bible. �Then the Lord rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah�from the Lord out of the heavens� (Genesis 19:24). The only conceivable explanation for this unique discovery in the annals of archaeology is that burning debris fell on the buildings from the air. But how could such a thing happen?

There is ample evidence of subterranean deposits of a petroleum-based substance called bitumen, similar to asphalt, in the region south of the Dead Sea. Such material normally contains a high percentage of sulfur. It has been postulated by geologist Frederick Clapp that pressure from an earthquake could have caused the bitumen deposits to be forced out of the earth through a fault line. As it gushed out of the earth it could have been ignited by a spark or surface fire. It would then fall to earth as a burning, fiery mass.

It was only after Clapp formulated this theory that Sodom and Gomorrah were found. It turns out that the sites are located exactly on a fault line along the eastern side of a plain south of the Dead Sea, so Clapp's theory is entirely plausible. There is some evidence for this scenario from the Bible itself. Abraham viewed the destruction from a vantage point west of the Dead Sea. The Bible records what Abraham saw: �He looked down toward Sodom and Gomorrah, toward all the land of the plain, and he saw dense smoke rising from the land, like smoke from a furnace� (Genesis 19:28). Dense smoke suggests smoke from a petroleum-based fire. Smoke rising like smoke from a furnace indicates a forced draft, such as would be expected from subterranean deposits being forced out of the ground under pressure.

The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah became an example in the Bible of how God judges sin. �Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before Me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen� (Ezekiel 16:49-50).

FOR FURTHER READING (available from Associates for Biblical Research): �The Discovery of the Sin Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah,� by Bryant G. Wood, Bible and Spade, Summer 1999, pp. 67-80.

Written by a Young Earth Creationist.

Sweet, I'll be using a rifle during bow season and [bleep] the limits!

Nothing like adding a little credibility to a poster! Thanks.
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

???? confused PM sent,
Here we will see GAZA specifically referred to in the Bible, because that is the name of the place that is being used at our present time when its place in prophecy is being fulfilled.

Zephaniah 2:1-7King James Version (KJV)

2 Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired;

2 Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the Lord come upon you, before the day of the Lord's anger come upon you.

3 Seek ye the Lord, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger.

4 For GAZA (my capital letters) shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.

5 Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the Lord is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.

6 And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

7 And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the Lord their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.

If you start a chapter earlier, Zaphaniah speaks of the time being at hand (not 3k years later), and he calls for the murder of all the Capitalist. In this passage, it sounds like God is on the side of Marx.

1:7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord GOD: for the day of the LORD is at hand: for the LORD hath prepared a sacrifice, he hath bid his guests.
1:8 And it shall come to pass in the day of the LORD's sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the king's children, and all such as are clothed with strange apparel.
1:9 In the same day also will I punish all those that leap on the threshold, which fill their masters' houses with violence and deceit.
1:10 And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD, that there shall be the noise of a cry from the fish gate, and an howling from the second, and a great crashing from the hills.
1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.
Originally Posted by Ringman

Nothing like adding a little credibility to a poster! Thanks.

LOL.

Ok, that's funny.
And yet I can quote Old Testament and be called out for it.
Just come out and say the nations of the earth are not turning against the nation of Israel your great grandfather would have said would never exist.

My dad would have sworn we would never see the US turning against Israel. We are the last nation on earth to turn against her and her last ally. Sure, no big deal. wink
Best sell all your stock whilst you can.
Originally Posted by Steelhead

The universe of TRH is weird, no?
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

???? confused PM sent,

Mark you live your life your own way as much as any other man on the streets, and in some cases I am sure way more.

Originally Posted by gitem_12

Eyeball is nuttier than squirrel shiet.
Turkey has nukes too.

The 60-70 warheads in Turkey are US warheads under US Obama control as part of a NATO sharing agreement.

So, Yes? miles
My usual comment on the end of the world scare tactic is that the world ends for lots of folks, every day. Be ready in what you believe. miles
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Eyeball is nuttier than squirrel shiet.

So do you not understand the book of Daniel, Matthew chapter 24, and Revelation or just reject it out of hand?

Do you interpret them differently or just consider them nutty too?
What part of squirrel shiet don't you understand?
What part of Matthew 24 don't you understand?

You sound like Pharisees condemning Jesus for his parables. What am I saying that's not in the Bible?

Does it confound your mind or make you nervous?
24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Sorry Eyeball, but your timeline is off by a couple of thousand years.
Bible prophecy being argued by someone that can't spell prophecy.

laugh
Oh good. I was getting nervous. Maybe the Jews won't regain their homeland and defend it against all comers and maybe weapons of war won't be made that will burn for 200 years and maybe the red army will never be able to muster a force of 200 million. As God told Daniel, just write it down, when Daniel said there were not 200 million on the face of the Earth.
Originally Posted by Backroads
Bible prophecy being argued by someone that can't spell prophecy.

laugh

Would that I were as perfect as thee, I'd surely spell everything perfectly.
I'll believe it when Benny Hinn tells me too...

This thread is down right funny. laugh
Originally Posted by derby_dude
This thread is down right funny. laugh

I was thinking ludicrous actually....
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

People need to watch that vid from the 8:00 mark...Wow. What a bunch of dumbschits.

Introduction

Consider these passages, all written about the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. All refer to the same thing so it indicates that the abomination of desolation is the armies of Rome.

Mt 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place �the abomination that causes desolation�,spoken of through the prophet Daniel�let the reader understand�

Mr 13:14 � "When you see �the abomination that causes desolation� standing where it does not belong�let the reader understand�then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Lu 21:20 "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

Rome attacked during Passover and there could have been as many as a million people inside the city when the gates were locked. It was a horrible time of starvation. A single loaf of bread sold for a days wages. Even cannibalism was prevalent.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Lu 21:20 "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.

So, was he referring to 70, 1099, 1147, 1187, 1218, 1244, 1265, 1834, 1917, 1948, 1967, or 1973?
Heathen
Originally Posted by milespatton
...the world ends for lots of folks, every day.

That's pretty insightful Miles. Well said...!
Hebrews 6:4-6New International Version (NIV)

4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age 6 and who have fallen[a] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
Maybe you should read the Talmud, eyeball.
Introduction

Consider these passages, all written about the fall of Jerusalem in 70AD. All refer to the same thing so it indicates that the abomination of desolation is the armies of Rome.

Mt 24:15 "So when you see standing in the holy place �the abomination that causes desolation�,spoken of through the prophet Daniel�let the reader understand�

Mr 13:14 � "When you see �the abomination that causes desolation� standing where it does not belong�let the reader understand�then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Rome attacked during Passover and there could have been as many as a million people inside the city when the gates were locked. It was a horrible time of starvation. A single loaf of bread sold for a days wages. Even cannibalism was prevalent.

I don't think at that time all the nations of the earth had turned against Israel and Judea too, RC. I don't think the battle of Armageddon has been yet fought.

Q. Are there any Bible prophecies that predict the attempts at dividing Jerusalem and it�s outcome? A. Zechariah 12:2-3 says, �I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.� Where Jerusalem is concerned, all the nations of the world are already united against Israel. They want it divided. This prophecy seems to say that any attempt to do so will be unsuccessful. Then Zechariah 14:2 tells of Jerusalem being attacked in the final battle before the Lord returns. �I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.� This confirms that prior to that last battle Jerusalem will be undivided. Based on these prophecies, it�s hard to believe that the current talk about dividing Jerusalem will result in that actually happening. But if it does, Zechariah�s prophecy says it�ll only be temporary.
Mankind has an agenda....and God has His! Guess which is gonna be completed first!
Prophetic signs:

http://www.contenderministries.org/prophecy/endtimes.php

So do you not understand the book of Daniel, Matthew chapter 24, and Revelation or just reject it out of hand?

Do you interpret them differently or just consider them nutty too?

I dunno�I kinda scanned them quickly and saw no Mention of Sean Hannity, so I shall consider them nutty, and reject them out of hand.
Or Megyn? Well, God bless you anyway.
Introduction

OK, you gave a quote and a citation, but I don't see the words or reference to "Islamic", "jihad" or "missile". Did I misread it?
Originally Posted by djs
Introduction

OK, you gave a quote and a citation, but I don't see the words or reference to "Islamic", "jihad" or "missile". Did I misread it?

And still no mention of Sean Hannity�.
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Yes, JG, He said we will not know the EXACT hour or day. I presume that means the exact day, too. grin
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by djs
Introduction

And still no mention of Sean Hannity�.

Is Sean Hannity mentioned in the bible too?

I just opened that link, looks so far like a good, solid source of information without the paranoia or over selling that some places do.

Thanks for that link. Probably going to save it to my favorites. Have you read any of Joel C. Rosenberg's stuff?
Imagine what Noah put up with for 120 years before the gully washer grin
Originally Posted by djs

Apparently not�you would think when he has a hand in making vague prophecies come true he would at least get a spot in the credits�.
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Yeah, people probably called him all kinds of false, derogitory names.....
Originally Posted by watch4bear

Yeah, people probably called him all kinds of false, derogitory names.....

And probably kept telling him " you're going to need a bigger boat�"
Don't sweat it. He told me it is gonna be okay.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Don't sweat it. He told me it is gonna be okay.

Are you going to disappear during the rupture? grin
I have not, but will check it out safariman. Thanks. Persecution of Christians is nothing new. It's been going on forever, and will get worse IMO, which is also spelled out in the Good Book IIRC.

I don't really like posting in religious forums much anymore because all you wind up doing is arguing with fools. When the agnostics and atheists pounce on a Christian subject, this verse always brings a smile to my face:

Philippians 2:10-11New International Version (NIV)

10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Can you provide us with the Bible passage behind this prophesy?

Once upon a time...!

So, was he referring to 70, 1099, 1147, 1187, 1218, 1244, 1265, 1834, 1917, 1948, 1967, or 1973?

I bet you left a bunch out! grin

Sycamore
I have not, but will check it out safariman. Thanks. Persecution of Christians is nothing new. It's been going on forever, and will get worse IMO, which is also spelled out in the Good Book IIRC.

I don't really like posting in religious forums much anymore because all you wind up doing is arguing with fools.
Who sad anything about Christians? In case no one ever told you, Jews aren't Christians. Speaking of "arguing with fools"...
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by djs

Apparently not�you would think when he has a hand in making vague prophecies come true he would at least get a spot in the credits�.

He is in there. However, he is masked under a parable name that only spiritual men with God decoder rings can decipher.

Ringman. Get it?

Safariman. Not so much.
Good to know�..
Introduction

I don't think at that time all the nations of the earth had turned against Israel and Judea too, RC. I don't think the battle of Armageddon has been yet fought.

Q. Are there any Bible prophecies that predict the attempts at dividing Jerusalem and it�s outcome? A. Zechariah 12:2-3 says, �I am going to make Jerusalem a cup that sends all the surrounding peoples reeling. Judah will be besieged as well as Jerusalem. On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves.� Where Jerusalem is concerned, all the nations of the world are already united against Israel. They want it divided. This prophecy seems to say that any attempt to do so will be unsuccessful. Then Zechariah 14:2 tells of Jerusalem being attacked in the final battle before the Lord returns. �I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, and the women raped. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city.� This confirms that prior to that last battle Jerusalem will be undivided. Based on these prophecies, it�s hard to believe that the current talk about dividing Jerusalem will result in that actually happening. But if it does, Zechariah�s prophecy says it�ll only be temporary.
You quoted Mat 24 as predicting the end times. That one lines up perfectly with the passages in Mark and Luke in referring to 70AD. Zech isn't part of that.
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I don't really like posting in religious forums much anymore because all you wind up doing is arguing with fools.
Who sad anything about Christians? In case no one ever told you, Jews aren't Christians. Speaking of "arguing with fools"...

Well aware of that UP. Wasn't referring to the Jews, was referring to the Christian posters here, you know, the ones quoting the Bible?

6 And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos, they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Benny Hinn:

7 Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to hear the word of God.

8 But Beelzebub the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.

9 Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.

10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?

11 And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand.

Well aware of that UP. Wasn't referring to the Jews, was referring to the Christian posters here, you know, the ones quoting the Bible?

You wouldn't really be suggesting that the wankers quoting scripture here are being persecuted...would you?
Originally Posted by carbon12

He is in there. However, he is masked under a parable name that only spiritual men with God decoder rings can decipher.

That's closer than you think. Just lose the ring.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

You wouldn't really be suggesting that the wankers quoting scripture here are being persecuted...would you?

I don't know....would you?

Persecute:
1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.

2. To annoy persistently; bother.

The same bunch of dolts show up on every thread pertaining to the subject of the Bible, Cristianity, etc.....
The prophecies of Isaiah have not happened yet. I believe there will not be a big ground war until Armageddon, I do think Israel will get massively attacked and expend it's entire NBC arsenal. That would reek the kind of destruction the Bible speaks of.

Persecute:
1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.

The same bunch of dolts show up on every thread pertaining to the subject of the Bible, Cristianity, etc.....

Probably because the first lot of dolts keep waving the lure around to make themselves feel like martyrs.

If you don't want an opposing view expressed then don't share yours.
"It's a little known fact that the ballistic missiles were clearly prophesied in 1st and 2nd Titans, and allegorical references are made to them in the Book of Polaris" - Rev. Cliff Clavin.

Muslim scholars also claim reference to this in the "Sura al-Scud", or "Book of The Scud" in the Quran.
the news said Kerry, showed up uninvited, and that his proposal for peace was so bad that an unheard of full 19 members of the Israeli cabinet voted against it, they have called him a Lawyer for Hamas. He is according to Fox news making things worse instead of better. The world has become a strange place.
If ya get hit by a Mac truck, your end times just came. Just sayin.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

In which case your last meal would have been a "big Mac" and the last thing to go through your mind would be your arsehole.
You're over-thinking this thing. Just sayin.

Not really, just sitting here either hacking my lungs up or attempting to expel my arsehole through my nostrils...not sure which as they both seem to taste and smell the same at the moment.
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

Perzactly!

Worded differently, and well, but the same point a few of us have tried to make.

I am about to embark on a bit of a spiritual journey, re thinking and re reading things in the prophetic books that I have not spent much time on in a while. That said, I am not one to get too worked up over prophecy even though I know that we should all have a working understanding of it and be awake, alert and aware. At the end of the day - or end of time, I know that my personal 'end times' whether they come through war, disease or other cause are sealed and set. God knows the when and how, and I have total trust in HIM and him alone. I also trust in his love and care for me, and in the provision he has made for me, which I have accepted and fully signed on to. A provision through the shed blood of his son Jesus that guarantees those of us who have made Gods son the Lord (ruler) of our lives and believers of his words and hope, fantastic, out of this world, and eternal retirement benefits.

Those of us who post in or start threads along this line, do so in hopes that more of our friends here at 24hrcf will see the error and utter foolishness of living for one's self and grab ahold of the amazing love and hope and future that God has for you. For this reason we have, and probably will some more, start threads of this type from time to time.

All of us who do this, i.e. put forth something to encourage our friends here to take a new look and give further consideration to this truth and awesome news of Gods amazing grace and forgiveness, do so imperfectly for sure. But we must try. And try out of sincere concern and love for those of you who are now scoffing or making fun, we try.

With the utmost sincerity and Godly love and concern for you all,

MARK

Persecute:
2. To annoy persistently; bother..

laffin'

Yeah, kinda like when one expresses a political opinion that's contrary to the team jersey wearers here. He's piled on incredibly by some of the whiners here who claim to be persecuted 'Christians'.
after reading this thread, how can anyone think that religion zealotry is the domain of just muslims?

you've got people here demanding American engage in warfare and spill blood based on stories verbalized over a thousand years ago.
Introduction

There was a very good article publishedd in Biblical Archeological Reveiew back in the 80's where the author, (Asher Kaufman?) showed that the northern area of the temple mount is vacant and that is where the temple was... Kupola of the tablets etc.
Introduction

There was a very good article publishedd in Biblical Archeological Reveiew back in the 80's where the author, (Asher Kaufman?) showed that the northern area of the temple mount is vacant and that is where the temple was... Kupola of the tablets etc.

my best advice is that we'll just have to keep "adjusting" the Story, until all the parts reach a "best fit" solution.

what about the red or white heifers? I can't remember exactly and for sure, but bet there's someone here who reads understands it very well.
In the March/April 1983 issue of the Biblical Archeology Review pages 40-58, Dr. Asher Kaufman,

Persecute:

Being presented with facts contrary to your opinion is persecution??

Todays christian must have a really thin skin if a civil debate qualifies as oppression.
Introduction

So the western wall wasn't part of the temple? I think that view is a real minority position.
Originally Posted by KFWA
after reading this thread, how can anyone think that religion zealotry is the domain of just muslims?

you've got people here demanding American engage in warfare and spill blood based on stories verbalized over a thousand years ago.
Not only that, but the book wasn't written until hundreds of years after the events happened. Like the story couldn't have changed in that time. Of course, how would I know, I'm not a "real" Christian, just a Catholic...
So the western wall wasn't part of the temple? I think that view is a real minority position.
Not one stone of the Temple was left on top of another. What they call the Western Wall is what's left of a Roman fort.
Temple needs to be rebuilt, and despite such looking bleak right now, it WILL happen.
Wow! So Christ's sacrifice on the cross wasn't good enough? We need to go back to animal sacrifice, which was just a foreshadowing of the perfect sacrifice to come, the spotless lamb?

What an offense to God would be any effort to rebuild that which he saw fit to destroy. Anyone who supports that either doesn't know his New Testament or has set himself up against it.
Most of these "real Christians" don't seem to care much about the NT and its "turning the other cheek". They're more into the OT, with its "fire and brimstone" and "eye for an eye". When you really think about it, they aren't real Christians at all since they don't follow the peaceful Christ.
Originally Posted by milespatton
My usual comment on the end of the world scare tactic is that the world ends for lots of folks, every day. Be ready in what you believe. miles
Exactly.
Originally Posted by KFWA

Yea, we aren't the least concerned with what the Muzzies are doing. All Christians want to do is jihad due to Biblical history. wink
my best advice is that we'll just have to keep "adjusting" the Story, until all the parts reach a "best fit" solution.

Gus, maybe it has something to do about you not having a clue with regard to understanding His words which are true.
Yea, we aren't the least concerned with what the Muzzies are doing. All Christians want to do is jihad due to Biblical history. wink
Yeah, let's kill them before they kill us! (sarcasm)
We are scaring the crap out of them on a daily basis I see. Sarcasm.
Who is "them"? Is it anyone who isn't "you"?
Not only that, but the book wasn't written until hundreds of years after the events happened. Like the story couldn't have changed in that time. Of course, how would I know, I'm not a real Christian, just a Catholic...

You are apparently not aware of William Albright�s work. He was not a Christian. He was an archeologist. He maintained the entire New Testament was written prior to the year 70 AD. That means eye witness were still alive at the time it was written.

Nope, 2014.

kwg
Who is "them"? Is it anyone who isn't "you"?

I am referring to the Muzzies you are so concerned about, while living in a country you crap in every day which was made by Christians escaping religious persecution.

Why don't you look up a list of Christians persecuting Moslems in the last 30 years or so and let us know about how we are being so mean to them?
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

People need to watch that vid from the 8:00 mark...Wow. What a bunch of dumbschits.

What a snake oil salesman!
Introduction

This.
Originally Posted by Armednfree
The prophecies of Isaiah have not happened yet. I believe there will not be a big ground war until Armageddon, I do think Israel will get massively attacked and expend it's entire NBC arsenal. That would reek the kind of destruction the Bible speaks of.
But the Bible says that the Jews also will be among the attackers of Jerusalem, and thus also among the reapers of the prophesied punishments.

"Even Judah will fight against Jerusalem." Jeremiah 14,14. Makes no sense unless Jerusalem is a metaphor for the Church. Just so happens that this is the understanding of Christianity going back two-thousand years.

Not really, just sitting here either hacking my lungs up or attempting to expel my arsehole through my nostrils...not sure which as they both seem to taste and smell the same at the moment.
Are you sick again?

I am referring to the Muzzies you are so concerned about, while living in a country you crap in every day which was made by Christians escaping religious persecution.

Who's concerned about the Muslims? For that matter, who's concerned about the Israelis? I'm only concerned with the United States. Oh, by the way, those Christians were escaping religious persecution by other Christians.
As they did with Idi Amin and in Mosul now. Yet Christians are forcing their will on everyone? The yoke of Christ will be nothing compared to what ze ro and his buds have planned.
As they did with Idi Amin and in Mosul now. Yet Christians are forcing their will on everyone? The yoke of Christ will be nothing compared to what ze ro and his buds have planned.
When you spell certain words with spaces in the middle, are you trying to foil the NSA?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ccbC_jMWt68
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
If things are so terrible, you could always end it. It sure would free up a lot of bandwidth on the Campfire...
Don't you think you go too far?
Yeah, you're right, I deleted it. He's not worth arguing with. Bye.
Not only that, but the book wasn't written until hundreds of years after the events happened. Like the story couldn't have changed in that time. Of course, how would I know, I'm not a real Christian, just a Catholic...

You are apparently not aware of William Albright�s work. He was not a Christian. He was an archeologist. He maintained the entire New Testament was written prior to the year 70 AD. That means eye witness were still alive at the time it was written.

Revelation was certainly written prior to AD 70. It refers to the Temple as still standing.

Albright was the son of an Evangelical Methodist minister, and last published in 1968. The majority of his claims, such as archaeological proof for the book of Exodus have been overturned by modern archaeologist since then.
Temple needs to be rebuilt, and despite such looking bleak right now, it WILL happen.
Wow! So Christ's sacrifice on the cross wasn't good enough? We need to go back to animal sacrifice, which was just a foreshadowing of the perfect sacrifice to come, the spotless lamb?

What an offense to God would be any effort to rebuild that which he saw fit to destroy. Anyone who supports that either doesn't know his New Testament or has set himself up against it.

Ye do greatly err...

The Lord Jesus Christ speaks expressly about the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place. Paul repeats this in 2nd Thess. chapter two. The temple MUST be rebuilt. The believing Christian need not put his faith in those animal sacrifices, as that would indeed be to blaspheme the one final sacrifice of Christ Himself on the cross... an oblation, propitiation and atonement that cannot be repeated by fallen men in any way... once for all forever; as Hebrews says.

The Holy of holies is the "Holy Place" spoken of by Christ and Paul and just like Antiochus IV the last and final antichrist dictator will enter and desecrate the holy of holies and demand worship as God.
Originally Posted by kwg020

Nope, 2014.

kwg

I wonder how often it was thought "this is the end times" during the examples I mentioned above?
Isaiah 5:20 ESV / 22 helpful votes

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!

In our time evil has become "good" and good has become "evil".
Ask the msm who is wrong in the Gaza conflict.

Ask Pelosi about the inside info she got that Hamas is a benevolent group.

Ask ze ro about how great the Muzzies have been in the development of civilization and our nation. Ha. Listen to him tell of the wonders of the homosexual practitioners and the curse of coal and oil that protects millions from freezing.

Ask Biden about the great things illegal aliens wish to help us accomplish.

Yes, before our eyes we see Bible prophecy being fulfilled.

We even see the prophecy that follows being fulfilled : New Living Translation
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don't believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don't understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.
Bump, for those too blind to see prophecy fulfilled, because they don't know prophecy, because they don't know the Word, because they don't read the Bible because they fear the light and prefer the dark, and because they fear the Truth, because its easier to lean on what makes sense, their own understanding, and follow the false prophet who misleads them into thinking we are making progress while we are going under like a gutted ship.
Bump, for those too blind to see prophecy fulfilled, because they don't know prophecy, because they don't know the Word, because they don't read the Bible because they fear the light and prefer the dark, and because they fear the Truth, because its easier to lean on what makes sense, their own understanding, and follow the false prophet who misleads them into thinking we are making progress while we are going under like a gutted ship.

Well I am a Deist after all.
Bump, for those too blind to see prophecy fulfilled, because they don't know prophecy, because they don't know the Word,
When I was a kid back in the 1950's, the Baptist churches around here each had a "Revival" every summer. They would last a week, so all summer there was one going on somewhere within a reasonable distance to go to. I have been to several in my life and they all preached that the end of the world was near, and probably coming next week. Even as a kid, I wondered why this was such a common theme, and not try to get people to live like their individual death would be more likely to happen before the end of the world. I still do not understand this line of thinking. All that I can figure that they are acting like a used car salesman, and are a lot of the reason that I do not attend church now. miles
Yes, the saying that one should be ready because the time is near is true, as none of us live very long, but that does not mean we can't see Biblical predictions coming true.

You feel the US turning against Israel is an insignificant development?
eyeball's good for 8 & 22.
Yes, the saying that one should be ready because the time is near is true, as none of us live very long, but that does not mean we can't see Biblical predictions coming true.

Do you mean the US Government? The US Government is Israel's bitch. How can you not be aware of that? Barrack Obama is in hot water if he's less than 99.8% Israel's bitch. His controllers want him to be at least 99.99% Israel's bitch. Obama serves at the pleasure of his masters. If he stopped pleasing them sufficiently, he'd be gone.
I'm still trying to figure out what "Bible prophesy being fulfilled now".
I'm still trying to figure out what "Bible prophesy being fulfilled now".
Read up on Cyrus Scofield, his Reference Bible, and Dispensationalism. These folks had moderate success in spreading their heresy to Christians till the Zionists started sending Jews to Israel to form a new state. Once they declared a Jewish apartheid state there, the Dispensationalists practically had orgasms. That's the origin of all this Talmudic Jew worship that today goes on among evangelical type Christians. Not one Christian had ever heard anything like it till about two hundred years ago. It's not Christian doctrine, but rather very alien and contrary to the central Christian message.
I've started reading a little about this on the Net now that you have brought it up.

I was being sarcastic as eyeball has failed so far to list the specific Bible prophesy being fulfilled.

Do you mean the US Government? The US Government is Israel's bitch. How can you not be aware of that? Barrack Obama is in hot water if he's less than 99.8% Israel's bitch. His controllers want him to be at least 99.99% Israel's bitch. Obama serves at the pleasure of his masters. If he stopped pleasing them sufficiently, he'd be gone.

Regardless, Hawkeye, the fact remains that the US and other nations are joining the cadre that is threatening Israel, whether you think the US should be involved or not.
Regardless, Hawkeye, the fact remains that the US and other nations are joining the cadre that is threatening Israel, whether you think the US should be involved or not.
Positively laughable.
Originally Posted by SansSouci
eyeball's good for 8 & 22.

I reckon you're a 24.
For the love of grammatical pet peeves can we start referring to the noun "prophecy" rather than the verb "prophesy"? And biblical prophecy is a very, very different genre of scriptural literature than a prophecy which predicts the future based on a series of sequential events. Biblical prophets spoke the word of God to the people which sought to turn the people back to God - repentance.
I've started reading a little about this on the Net now that you have brought it up.

I was being sarcastic as eyeball has failed so far to list the specific Bible prophesy being fulfilled.
What they don't realize is that the Zionists chose Palestine instead of any of the other locations they had been considering precisely because they understood that there was an American Christian movement that believed this was part of Bible prophecy, and would thus be apt to pressure their government to support them.
Joel 3:1-2
Verse Concepts
"For behold, in those days and at that time, When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat Then I will enter into judgment with them there On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; And they have divided up My land.
This is hardly the first time that Israel has been divided, scattered, and gathered. And nations have been gathering there for millennia and fought over it just as long. It lies at the crossroads of the ancient trade routes betwee Africa, Europe, and Asia. Remember, the Word made flesh who spoke creation into being and carried the creative power of the Triune God in his voice said that we know not the day nor the hour. Don't waste your time trying to figure it out or worrying about. Spend your time serving God and neighbor as Christ calls us to do. The kingdom if heaven is present here and now in the body of Christ present in the world.
You are correct, Selmer. Jerusalem was destroyed by Rome and then Rome was destroyed.

"On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves."

However, at that time in history, the Good News had not been spread over the Earth, that in itself the fulfilling of Bible prophecy our great grandparents would not have been able to comprehend.
And as a pastor I would encourage you to concern yourself with what God calls us to do in the here and now - Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and love your neighbor as yourself. I trust that God will be faithful to his promises and will let him take care of the eschaton.
Joel 3:1-2
Verse Concepts
"For behold, in those days and at that time, When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat Then I will enter into judgment with them there On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; And they have divided up My land.
God's people, the people of the inheritance, Israel, the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, are embodied in the coming of the Messiah and his sacrifice on the cross for the sins of mankind. The people of God are those who accept Christ, and none other. The part played by the ethnic Jews, to preserve and convey the true faith till the coming of the Lord, has been accomplished. Their reward was the coming of the very person they were to have celebrated, but instead crucified.
Positively laughable.

Pretty well sums up the whole thread.
You are correct, Selmer. Jerusalem was destroyed by Rome and then Rome was destroyed.
This was the will of God for their perfidy. Rome's ultimate downfall occurred just a few years before Columbus discovered America. It was one of the longest lived civilizations in human history.
Originally Posted by selmer
...I would encourage you to concern yourself with what God calls us to do in the here and now - Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and love your neighbor as yourself.

Apparently it's much more rewarding for some self-professed 'Christians' to hate...instead of following Jesus' greatest commandments.
This is hardly the first time that Israel has been divided, scattered, and gathered. And nations have been gathering there for millennia and fought over it just as long. It lies at the crossroads of the ancient trade routes betwee Africa, Europe, and Asia. Remember, the Word made flesh who spoke creation into being and carried the creative power of the Triune God in his voice said that we know not the day nor the hour. Don't waste your time trying to figure it out or worrying about. Spend your time serving God and neighbor as Christ calls us to do. The kingdom if heaven is present here and now in the body of Christ present in the world.

selmer,

Is it not true that those whom reject Christ will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

If that is fact true, how are Jews to dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

A woman I know sent her kids to a private Christian school in Orange County, CA. Their religious studies teacher told his charges that Jews will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven. Those of other faiths were outraged. However, the school defended its teacher and stood by the Word of Jesus.
I still think there is a possibility that this iteration of Israel is not the return that is spoken of in the Bible. If you read, it pretty clearly says that ALL the Jews will return to Israel. Well, there are almost as many Jews living in the US alone as there are in Israel. And the Jews in Israel are more in rebellion than anyone. You will find it almost easier to be a missionary in a Muslim country than Israel. No government is more officially hostile to Christ than Israel. No, they don't kill Christians. I'll grant that. But they don't want any of them, other than the ones connected with the tourism sights in the country living there.

So, while many make much of the return of the Jews and the creation of Israel in 1948, I think it is entirely possible that this iteration of Israel might be wiped out and the return of the rest of the Jews of the world at a later date would be the real "return of the Jews".

Just spitballing. I don't really care to argue about it as that I don't feel strongly enough about it to do it. I might be wrong, but if you read the Scriptures you'll see there is a possibility that I might be right.
Originally Posted by SansSouci

selmer,

Is it not true that those whom reject Christ will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

If that is fact true, how are Jews to dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

A woman I know sent her kids to a private Christian school in Orange County, CA. Their religious studies teacher told his charges that Jews will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven. Those of other faiths were outraged. However, the school defended its teacher and stood by the Word of Jesus.
A Jew's path to salvation is the same path as that of the Greek, the Eskimo, the Japanese, etc., i.e., to abandon religious error and embrace religious truth, i.e., that Jesus is Lord. For a Jew, that would mean to abandon Talmudism, the very error (that of the Pharisees) Christ so harshly condemned in the Gospels, and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I still think there is a possibility that this iteration of Israel is not the return that is spoken of in the Bible. If you read, it pretty clearly says that ALL the Jews will return to Israel.
Israel is the people of God, Christ's sheepfold. They need to return to the sheepfold. That piece of land over there isn't it.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I still think there is a possibility that this iteration of Israel is not the return that is spoken of in the Bible. If you read, it pretty clearly says that ALL the Jews will return to Israel.
Israel is the people of God, Christ's sheepfold. They need to return to the sheepfold. That piece of land over there isn't it.

Oh, I think the Bible is fairly clear about a return to the land as well. That said, the Jew today enjoys no special status with God because of his Jewishness. He has to accept Christ just as anyone else does.

What they don't realize is that the Zionists chose Palestine instead of any of the other locations they had been considering precisely because they understood that there was an American Christian movement that believed this was part of Bible prophecy, and would thus be apt to pressure their government to support them.

Interesting.
© 24hourcampfire