Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yes, the saying that one should be ready because the time is near is true, as none of us live very long, but that does not mean we can't see Biblical predictions coming true.

You feel the US turning against Israel is an insignificant development?
Do you mean the US Government? The US Government is Israel's bitch. How can you not be aware of that? Barrack Obama is in hot water if he's less than 99.8% Israel's bitch. His controllers want him to be at least 99.99% Israel's bitch. Obama serves at the pleasure of his masters. If he stopped pleasing them sufficiently, he'd be gone.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm still trying to figure out what "Bible prophesy being fulfilled now".

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I'm still trying to figure out what "Bible prophesy being fulfilled now".
Read up on Cyrus Scofield, his Reference Bible, and Dispensationalism. These folks had moderate success in spreading their heresy to Christians till the Zionists started sending Jews to Israel to form a new state. Once they declared a Jewish apartheid state there, the Dispensationalists practically had orgasms. That's the origin of all this Talmudic Jew worship that today goes on among evangelical type Christians. Not one Christian had ever heard anything like it till about two hundred years ago. It's not Christian doctrine, but rather very alien and contrary to the central Christian message.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've started reading a little about this on the Net now that you have brought it up.

I was being sarcastic as eyeball has failed so far to list the specific Bible prophesy being fulfilled.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yes, the saying that one should be ready because the time is near is true, as none of us live very long, but that does not mean we can't see Biblical predictions coming true.

You feel the US turning against Israel is an insignificant development?
Do you mean the US Government? The US Government is Israel's bitch. How can you not be aware of that? Barrack Obama is in hot water if he's less than 99.8% Israel's bitch. His controllers want him to be at least 99.99% Israel's bitch. Obama serves at the pleasure of his masters. If he stopped pleasing them sufficiently, he'd be gone.

Regardless, Hawkeye, the fact remains that the US and other nations are joining the cadre that is threatening Israel, whether you think the US should be involved or not.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Regardless, Hawkeye, the fact remains that the US and other nations are joining the cadre that is threatening Israel, whether you think the US should be involved or not.
Positively laughable.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SansSouci
eyeball's good for 8 & 22.

I reckon you're a 24.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the love of grammatical pet peeves can we start referring to the noun "prophecy" rather than the verb "prophesy"? And biblical prophecy is a very, very different genre of scriptural literature than a prophecy which predicts the future based on a series of sequential events. Biblical prophets spoke the word of God to the people which sought to turn the people back to God - repentance.

Last edited by selmer; 07/31/14.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
- my 3-year old daughter smile
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I've started reading a little about this on the Net now that you have brought it up.

I was being sarcastic as eyeball has failed so far to list the specific Bible prophesy being fulfilled.
What they don't realize is that the Zionists chose Palestine instead of any of the other locations they had been considering precisely because they understood that there was an American Christian movement that believed this was part of Bible prophecy, and would thus be apt to pressure their government to support them.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Joel 3:1-2
Verse Concepts
"For behold, in those days and at that time, When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat Then I will enter into judgment with them there On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; And they have divided up My land.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is hardly the first time that Israel has been divided, scattered, and gathered. And nations have been gathering there for millennia and fought over it just as long. It lies at the crossroads of the ancient trade routes betwee Africa, Europe, and Asia. Remember, the Word made flesh who spoke creation into being and carried the creative power of the Triune God in his voice said that we know not the day nor the hour. Don't waste your time trying to figure it out or worrying about. Spend your time serving God and neighbor as Christ calls us to do. The kingdom if heaven is present here and now in the body of Christ present in the world.

Selmer

"Daddy, can you sometime maybe please go shoot a water buffalo so we can have that for supper? Please? And can I come along? Does it taste like deer?"
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You are correct, Selmer. Jerusalem was destroyed by Rome and then Rome was destroyed.

"On that day, when all the nations of the earth are gathered against her, I will make Jerusalem an immovable rock for all the nations. All who try to move it will injure themselves."

However, at that time in history, the Good News had not been spread over the Earth, that in itself the fulfilling of Bible prophecy our great grandparents would not have been able to comprehend.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And as a pastor I would encourage you to concern yourself with what God calls us to do in the here and now - Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and love your neighbor as yourself. I trust that God will be faithful to his promises and will let him take care of the eschaton.

Selmer

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Joel 3:1-2
Verse Concepts
"For behold, in those days and at that time, When I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all the nations And bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat Then I will enter into judgment with them there On behalf of My people and My inheritance, Israel, Whom they have scattered among the nations; And they have divided up My land.
God's people, the people of the inheritance, Israel, the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, are embodied in the coming of the Messiah and his sacrifice on the cross for the sins of mankind. The people of God are those who accept Christ, and none other. The part played by the ethnic Jews, to preserve and convey the true faith till the coming of the Lord, has been accomplished. Their reward was the coming of the very person they were to have celebrated, but instead crucified.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Positively laughable.

Pretty well sums up the whole thread.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You are correct, Selmer. Jerusalem was destroyed by Rome and then Rome was destroyed.
This was the will of God for their perfidy. Rome's ultimate downfall occurred just a few years before Columbus discovered America. It was one of the longest lived civilizations in human history.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by selmer
...I would encourage you to concern yourself with what God calls us to do in the here and now - Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind and love your neighbor as yourself.

Apparently it's much more rewarding for some self-professed 'Christians' to hate...instead of following Jesus' greatest commandments.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This is hardly the first time that Israel has been divided, scattered, and gathered. And nations have been gathering there for millennia and fought over it just as long. It lies at the crossroads of the ancient trade routes betwee Africa, Europe, and Asia. Remember, the Word made flesh who spoke creation into being and carried the creative power of the Triune God in his voice said that we know not the day nor the hour. Don't waste your time trying to figure it out or worrying about. Spend your time serving God and neighbor as Christ calls us to do. The kingdom if heaven is present here and now in the body of Christ present in the world.

selmer,

Is it not true that those whom reject Christ will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

If that is fact true, how are Jews to dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

A woman I know sent her kids to a private Christian school in Orange County, CA. Their religious studies teacher told his charges that Jews will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven. Those of other faiths were outraged. However, the school defended its teacher and stood by the Word of Jesus.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I still think there is a possibility that this iteration of Israel is not the return that is spoken of in the Bible. If you read, it pretty clearly says that ALL the Jews will return to Israel. Well, there are almost as many Jews living in the US alone as there are in Israel. And the Jews in Israel are more in rebellion than anyone. You will find it almost easier to be a missionary in a Muslim country than Israel. No government is more officially hostile to Christ than Israel. No, they don't kill Christians. I'll grant that. But they don't want any of them, other than the ones connected with the tourism sights in the country living there.

So, while many make much of the return of the Jews and the creation of Israel in 1948, I think it is entirely possible that this iteration of Israel might be wiped out and the return of the rest of the Jews of the world at a later date would be the real "return of the Jews".

Just spitballing. I don't really care to argue about it as that I don't feel strongly enough about it to do it. I might be wrong, but if you read the Scriptures you'll see there is a possibility that I might be right.

Last edited by JoeBob; 07/31/14.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SansSouci

selmer,

Is it not true that those whom reject Christ will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

If that is fact true, how are Jews to dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven?

A woman I know sent her kids to a private Christian school in Orange County, CA. Their religious studies teacher told his charges that Jews will not dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven. Those of other faiths were outraged. However, the school defended its teacher and stood by the Word of Jesus.
A Jew's path to salvation is the same path as that of the Greek, the Eskimo, the Japanese, etc., i.e., to abandon religious error and embrace religious truth, i.e., that Jesus is Lord. For a Jew, that would mean to abandon Talmudism, the very error (that of the Pharisees) Christ so harshly condemned in the Gospels, and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (22magnut, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,603
Posts18,532,573
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.