Home
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Hi guys - 09/25/14
I havent posted in a while. Some of you noticed and asked another member here to say hi on your behalf.

I got the message, and thank you Gentlemen for your thoughts.

I have been working my life over. I am working on changing many of the things that made me the butt of many jokes around here.

I have been working a lot at my two jobs, and my wife has been working kind of irregular hours at her job. We have been getting our vehicles running properly, getting our apartment organized and taking care of our son. He is four now and getting so big. I cant believe how fast he is growing.

Overall, life is getting better slowly, but we have lots of room to grow, and a long way to go still. Fortunately, we finally realized that we cant grow together until we end up on the same page and strive for the same goals. When we work together, we get stuff done.

I really appreciate the thoughts from those who spared them. Thanks for thinking of us and thinking to say hi. It means a lot to us.

As a side note, i will be taking the Gentleman who we built the Veteran Rifle for hunting for the first time in a couple weeks. Hopefully we can put him on his first buck and i will get lots of pictures of his excited face. He is nearly 70 and has never had the honor of bagging a buck. With his bad knees and bad asthma, the steep and thick terrain the blacktail deer occupy, its going to be a challenge. Wish him luck. I helped him load his first several rounds of handloaded ammo, so he will hopefully get to use them on a nice buck this year.

I hope life is good for all of you.
Posted By: oldtimer303 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Welcome back! GW
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
I havent posted in a while. Some of you noticed and asked another member here to say hi on your behalf.

I got the message, and thank you Gentlemen for your thoughts.

I have been working my life over. I am working on changing many of the things that made me the butt of many jokes around here.

I have been working a lot at my two jobs, and my wife has been working kind of irregular hours at her job. We have been getting our vehicles running properly, getting our apartment organized and taking care of our son. He is four now and getting so big. I cant believe how fast he is growing.

Overall, life is getting better slowly, but we have lots of room to grow, and a long way to go still. Fortunately, we finally realized that we cant grow together until we end up on the same page and strive for the same goals. When we work together, we get stuff done.

I really appreciate the thoughts from those who spared them. Thanks for thinking of us and thinking to say hi. It means a lot to us.

As a side note, i will be taking the Gentleman who we built the Veteran Rifle for hunting for the first time in a couple weeks. Hopefully we can put him on his first buck and i will get lots of pictures of his excited face. He is nearly 70 and has never had the honor of bagging a buck. With his bad knees and bad asthma, the steep and thick terrain the blacktail deer occupy, its going to be a challenge. Wish him luck. I helped him load his first several rounds of handloaded ammo, so he will hopefully get to use them on a nice buck this year.

I hope life is good for all of you.

Sounds pretty normal to me. laugh Glad to hear it.
Posted By: BrotherBart Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Glad you're back. Hard to believe that your kiddo is that old now. I remember when y'all had him. Hang around. You were missed.
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good post. You're sounding boringly grown up and together. ;-{>8

Good on ya.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Nice to see you post again.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good to hear from you Marty, glad you are doing well.
Posted By: Odessa Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good to hear you (and yours) are doing well!
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good to see you back. Doesn't seem possible that your cookie cruncher is 4 all ready. Man, time sure does fly. Goodonya for getting that man out hunting. We should all take up such a cause. Welcome back to the fire, and you were most definitely missed around here.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good to see you alive and well Marty, keep on top of that boy of yours he'll be grown and having his own before you know it.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good to see you posting again, Marty.
Posted By: Scott F Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Great to hear from you.
Posted By: RoadRunner65 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Hey Marty, sounds like you are keeping yourself busy, which is always a good thing. laugh Glad to hear your boy is getting big. Hard to believe is has been that long. My boy is 11 now. 5'+ 100# +. We had a great time dove hunting this year, as always.

Hope to see you posting more. Don't know about all the hubbub with the butt of jokes on here. Tell them to GFY.

Take care of the family and yourself.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Thanks for getting us up to speed. Sounds like you've matured (not a bad thing grin ) and have a plan. Progress for darned sure. Don't be a stranger...
Posted By: APDDSN0864 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good to hear from you! Family comes first. We're a distant second and that's OK.

Stop us a line and a pic or two of you and your son if you get a chance.

Ed
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Great to hear from you, again!
You don't need to be a stranger!
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Thanks guys, here is a decent picture of Laine and i after a little outdoor time together... grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: eh76 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Absolutely good to see you posting! Missed you Marty!
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Welcome back Marty. I still give a "Damn you" to ya when I open Ricochet III!
Ricochet Kills 4! grin
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Nice ling, cute boy. I'll get back to you on the game!
Posted By: crossfireoops Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Thanks guys, here is a decent picture of Laine and i after a little outdoor time together... grin

[Linked Image]

Kudos, Amigo
Posted By: RickyD Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
I am working on changing many of the things that made me the butt of many jokes around here.
Let me suggest to you that anyone who makes someone the butt of a joke, is in truth the biggest butt of all. You're good people and I wish you well and am glad to see you posting again, if even for this one thread. Best to you.
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Good to see you back Marty. Every once in a while I see that picture in my file and wonder what ever happened to you.

Now we know.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
As the Zen masters say the journey of a thousand miles begins one step at a time.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Thanks for saying hello Marty. I have been wondering where the heck you have been.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Welcome back!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Some things never change. He's still slumming a 30/06... grin
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
I am working on changing many of the things that made me the butt of many jokes around here.

You think you're the butt of jokes around here..?

Look at the posts lately, there's folks on here with ISSUES..You wouldn't even qualify for honorable mention.... wink

Good to see the boy is well and growing..

Stick around...
Posted By: SKane Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14

[Linked Image]

Welcome back. Cute little guy ya got there!
Posted By: T LEE Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
DAMN Marty, great to see you posting again. Lots of the old regulars have quit posting and are missed.

That boy has grown like a weed.

Good on ya and keep up the good work Sir.
Thanks Guys, i appreciate the kind words. I will post a few shots of Laine and his outdoor exploits in the near future. Keep an eye out. grin
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Welcome back Marty
Posted By: Waders Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Hey Marty! Good to hear that all is well with you!
Posted By: clos Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
glad to hear you're back
Posted By: ingwe Re: Hi guys - 09/25/14
Marty: good to see you again!
Posted By: calikooknic Re: Hi guys - 10/03/14

DAMN-IT!!!!
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Hi guys - 10/03/14
Thanks for taking care of the old Vet. Will his rifle have blue tape on it? Are you still loading that RIA?

Family is everything.
Posted By: ironeagle_84 Re: Hi guys - 10/03/14
Ranger, yes i am. Sadly, i am considering getting out of the casting game as our weather and current location dont permit casting. I have to do it outdoors, and weather is not going to be cooperative soon. With work, i have had little to no time to cast.

calikooknic, grin
Posted By: rost495 Re: Hi guys - 10/03/14
Good Job Marty, keep up the good work!

Good to see you post again. Don't be a stranger
© 24hourcampfire