Home
Posted By: 5sdad Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
So, are a lot of dogs buying Subarus as a result of their commercials?

Also, are a lot of people looking for a vehicle that is designed to make sure that you get rear-ended by another vehicle?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I bike 12 miles a day on 30 mph speed limit roads where I average 15 mph. So I get passed by a lot of cars.

The comedian stereotype of the green Subaru outback being driven by a lesbian may be true, I dunno.

But Subaru drivers in general are the least dangerous in their passing. Teslas are ok. Mercedes are ok. Lexus are ok. But BMWs and Prius are like the Porsche pricks of the 1970s. Porsche SUVs are still pricks.
Posted By: Anjin Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
You forgot to mentions Benzes. Drivers act like selfish idiots. I know, I've had two. grin

Actually, though I've never had one, a Subaru 4WD makes a lot of sense. Not outrageously expensive and functional. The only issue I could see would be access to service.
Posted By: EdM Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
There are an azzload of them in north Idaho and clearly they do very well.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I know that a lot of subaru owners are the coexist, obama sticker idiots. Around here its a mix of those types and normal people. My dad had a outback and he is a very conservative man. I had a brat when I was in my twenties and I'm a very conservative man also. If I were to buy a new vehicle that wasn't a truck it would be a subaru, probably a forester if they still make those.

As far as the drivers go everybody drives like idiots in morristown tn, no matter what they drive.

I watched a youtube video a couple of days ago of a all wheel drive shootout, subaru all wheel drive beat all the competition hands down. Even honda got spanked.
Posted By: twofish Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
IDK if the Lebanese stereotype is true or not.

I have a buddy that bought a used (99) Subaru wagon as just a knock around car and he loves the thing. Says it seems bulletproof and does really well in bad conditions.

I know that the little turbo WRX sedans are badazz little cars. They seem to be really popular in rally type races and look like they would be hoot to drive.
Posted By: Czech_Made Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I bike 12 miles a day on 30 mph speed limit roads where I average 15 mph. So I get passed by a lot of cars.

The comedian stereotype of the green Subaru outback being driven by a lesbian may be true, I dunno.

But Subaru drivers in general are the least dangerous in their passing. Teslas are ok. Mercedes are ok. Lexus are ok. But BMWs and Prius are like the Porsche pricks of the 1970s. Porsche SUVs are still pricks.

Pickups in Virginia take the first by long. And if the driver is in good mood he will gun the diesel engine for the benefit of the bicyclist.

I am convinced pickup drivers are compensating for something.
Posted By: Dan_Chamberlain Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
A month ago I test drove a used Subaru with 66K on the odometer and then I test drove another vehicle with 51K on the odometer. It cost a bit more, but I got the Lexus RX350.
Posted By: RogueHunter Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15

Standard on all models Subaru...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I have had 2 of them an Impreza for commuting and an Outback both bought brand new and both properly maintaned. I have owned 5 Toyos ,1 Nissan and 5 Hondas. I had more problems with the 2 subarus then the other 11 cars cumulatively. No [bleep] way ever.

Outback now lives in Nebraska and every cv joint, front axles, alternator, water pump , wiper motor and transmission have been replacd and it has 150k . That mileage is nothing compared to what I have run up on some of the Toyos and Hondas.
Posted By: EQFD193 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I have a 2008 Outback (For the record, I am a bit right of Attila the Hun) that I bought coming off a lease. It is used daily to do everything from estimates to loaded down with chainsaws to trips up north to go wood chucking in the summer . I would never give up my GMC pick ups but the car is dependable, economical and crazy good in the snow!…If I happen to offend a few "left minded people" with my NRA sticker etc. oh well.
Posted By: rjf611 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
The radio commercials make me want to puke.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Most people that drive one want to make me puke.

Key word most, not all.

Liberal bitch-mobiles.
I would almost rather be seen driving a Chevy Avalanche, almost.

I'm sure they are great cars but way to [bleep]' gay. And yes, it is possible for a car to be gay.

Driving a Subaru ranks right up there with riding a peddle bike out on the highway. If the stupidity has to be explained well then you are literally a dumb son of a bitch!

Posted By: cooper57m Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I don't give a damn about their commercials or the sexual orientation of anyone else that buys Subarus. I am on my second Outback. I'm Conservative and love them. My 2000 Outback was rear ended turning into a gun club's road. My car was catapulted thru a 6X6 sign post and into a bunch of cedars. The other car had to be put on a flat bed and removed. I was able to back my Subaru thru and over the cedars back to the road. I had it checked out by the local Subaru dealer despite the body damage (that resulted in it being totaled) it was safe to drive the 250 miles home. They were pulling branches out from the under carriage, checked it over and said it wasn't even out of alignment. In everyone's book, that's a tough car! It had about 110K when it was totaled. I went right out and bought another one (2007) and have 119K on that one. While hunting on State Land, after a snowstorm, on an unplowed road with a couple buddies in my Subaru,we drove around a Ford Explorer that was stuck. My buddies could not believe it.

We own or have owned Toyotas, Hondas, Kia and a Mercury, my Subarus are as reliable as any of them. The only thing I've had to replace are a couple of wheel bearings. My mechanic who has an independent auto repair shop, loves Subarus.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Ah, Sam, how do you really feel?

No need to hold back.
Originally Posted by rjf611
The radio commercials make me want to puke.

I never owned one, but given their history, I would consider one. Having said that, their radio commercials are gut wrenching.
One commercial in particular, the guy talks about a 3 mile treacherous ride to work. 3 MILES! Some folks on here have driveways longer than that. Makes me ill.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I drove a 2006 Outback as a work issued car for a couple years. The AWD system is flawless and the little thing stuck to the road like glue, even in the winter. That's about all the good I can say about it.

I don't care for the boxer engine. It seems rougher than an inline and IMO, was a little weak. The automatic transmission was seriously frustrating. When accelerating from a stop in a normal fashion, it would start out in 2nd gear and was totally gutless. I would have to tromp on the gas pedal to get it to downshift, which took about 2-3 seconds. By this time, that window in the flow of traffic you thought you were able to leisurely pull out into has nearly closed. The only alternative was to drive it like you stole it when in traffic. Not a great thing for your employment status when driving a marked company vehicle.

Lots of folks love them, though and far be it from me to try to change their minds.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
They aren't too many liberal greenies around here, but there are people that want a safer go-in-the-snow vehicle; hence, Subarus are seen regularly. I've never heard anyone complain about them.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Ah, Sam, how do you really feel?

No need to hold back.

Subaru is OBVIOUSLY marketing to the very people that I just can't stand.
And I'm not talking lesbians(they don't bother me), I'm talking about the goody two shoes wannabee environmentalist types. Enviro-posers, [bleep] 'em and their gay-ass Subaru.

And I'll eat crow if somebody finds a source that says Subaru doesn't contribute to the 'enviro wannabee causes'.

I don't dislike the car, just the ideology that seems to go with it.
Posted By: specneeds Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
The new Forester is tough to beat 29 mpg go anywhere AWD and seems to be holding up to our bumpy rural road nicely, the old one was a tank.

On stereotype watch my wife had just had a haircut and drove up to her job interview in the old Forester when she was hired by an outfit with an all lesbian management team. I still tease her about it after several years. Nice folks but I think they were surprised when they met me.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by Czech_Made

Yea,,, they're compensating for having to haul chit and not born jack-asses.

Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
The subaru any model just always seems to be going slow and in the way of all the other traffic. Why can they not just get on down the road.
My google-foo didn't turn up anything too shady regarding Subaru but I still think they pander to the fufu outdoorsy mom crowd.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

I don't dislike the car, just the ideology that seems to go with it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I love Subaru threads!

I gotta ask GeeDub if I can use his "Kill Artist" sig line as a bumper sticker for my Lezbaru.

Originally Posted by FieldGrade

That is their problem, not mine. Not giving enough space when passing, riding bumpers like some demented freak, using huge pickup to commute back and forth to government office job - thats daily reality in Northern Virginia.
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I don't give a damn about their commercials or the sexual orientation of anyone else that buys Subarus. I am on my second Outback. I'm Conservative and love them. My 2000 Outback was rear ended turning into a gun club's road. My car was catapulted thru a 6X6 sign post and into a bunch of cedars. The other car had to be put on a flat bed and removed. I was able to back my Subaru thru and over the cedars back to the road. I had it checked out by the local Subaru dealer despite the body damage (that resulted in it being totaled) it was safe to drive the 250 miles home. They were pulling branches out from the under carriage, checked it over and said it wasn't even out of alignment. In everyone's book, that's a tough car! It had about 110K when it was totaled. I went right out and bought another one (2007) and have 119K on that one. While hunting on State Land, after a snowstorm, on an unplowed road with a couple buddies in my Subaru,we drove around a Ford Explorer that was stuck. My buddies could not believe it.

We own or have owned Toyotas, Hondas, Kia and a Mercury, my Subarus are as reliable as any of them. The only thing I've had to replace are a couple of wheel bearings. My mechanic who has an independent auto repair shop, loves Subarus.

Yeah replaced a few wheel bearings did you? LOL bigger hyped POS was never made. I bet your Mechanic loves them my mechanic loves him some subarus and beemers.

That is their problem, not mine. Not giving enough space when passing, riding bumpers like some demented freak, using huge pickup to commute back and forth to government office job - thats daily reality in Northern Virginia.

They can drive whatever the puck they want to drive to work what business is it of yours?

Charlie, pretty sure we're 'compensating' for the fact that the Ford hauls about 250,000lbs of hay every month.

I guess Subarus are really taking over in the oil patch as well!

Originally Posted by MadMooner
I love Subaru threads!

I gotta ask GeeDub if I can use his "Kill Artist" sig line as a bumper sticker for my Lezbaru.

MM, so do I.....

Now excuse me while I go run a brush through my manly chest hair.....grin
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15

Subaru commercials alone are reason enough to not buy one. Pussy whipped males with a 3 day growth of beard and a woman that wants to be president seem to be the standard or target audience.

Subaru also supports ASPCA and other liberal agendas. I am not a fan of people that buy them or the company itself. I would rather drive a diesel pollution emitting gas guzzling poor mileage vehicle than own or support their ideals.

As the thread goes on, more and more campfire members get put on ignore...
A few days ago I spent lunch taking a walk at a local park. 5 or 8 miles of trail cross a wooded lot. Sign posts and maps every 100ft.

I passed a middle age woman, huffin and puffin, head to toe in North Face, Marmot, Outdoor Research. I'm talking full on, I'm gonna climb K2 kinda chit. Right down to her trekking poles and boot gaiters. To take a walk in a fuggin city park......in the sun......

Betcha she drove a Subaru grin

Posted By: Steelhead Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
[Linked Image]
I wish the dykes that drove Subs looked like that!
Yeah replaced a few wheel bearings did you? LOL bigger hyped POS was never made. I bet your Mechanic loves them my mechanic loves him some subarus and beemers.

Small price to pay for our go-to car to use when the going is tough. What car never has to have something replaced in 119K miles?

What kind a of pansy gives a s#!t about the marketing or who else drives a certain car?? I care about buying/driving a tough car, that will take me where I want to go, when I want to go, that is safe, reliable, and holds all my shooting/hunting stuff. My Subarus have fit that bill and served me well over the 15 years that I've owned them. That's all that I care about.

BTW, that low-slung boxer engine is one of the reason that they stick like glue to the road as it lowers the center of gravity.

Charlie, pretty sure we're 'compensating' for the fact that the Ford hauls about 250,000lbs of hay every month.

Yea,,,,, 50 years as a builder,,, it didn't take me long to figure out I was gonna need something more than a Honda Civic.

Don't be to hard on CM though. Seems that all he knows is commuting back and forth to a "government office job".
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 5thShock Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
"So, are a lot of dogs buying Subarus as a result of their commercials?"

Not the current ones, I watched the Paul Hogan ones on Youtube.
They clinched the deal.
Posted By: deflave Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
The last two Subaru (I think they were Subarus?)commercials I have seen were geared toward families. One was a totaled car explaining the occupants lived, and it ended with some kids, a wife, and a dad getting into the Subaru that replaced their totaled Subaru.

The other one was a dad teaching his idiot sons to drive in an old Subaru and the mom was standing next to a new one in the driveway.

Before moving to MT I purchased a 2008 Forester for my then wife. Thinking it would be good in this environment. As I drove the U-Haul through Denver, I started getting the impression I made the right decisions. Because from Denver on, I swear to freakin' God, every third car was a Subaru.

I had no idea driving a Subaru made a woman a lesbian. I actually learned that here at the Campfire. But I will say it sure made me laugh when I gave it to the ex-wife in the divorce. grin

Great car. Lots of power and stuck to the road like glue. You could really fly around corners on dirt/gravel roads too. If they contribute to environmental causes, that is news to me.

Travis
Originally Posted by 5sdad
So, are a lot of dogs buying Subarus as a result of their commercials?

Also, are a lot of people looking for a vehicle that is designed to make sure that you get rear-ended by another vehicle?

You need to visit shrapnel and Rancho in la-la-land.

All anybody in Bozeman drives is Subaru. Some Volvos too. They ALL have dogs. All of them. They go everywhere with their goddammmed dogs. In front of every restaurant there are dogs tied up outside on the sidewalk. Every park is loaded with dogs. Every [bleep]' car in Bozeman has a minimum of one dog in it.

It's more than a little strange and I am definitely not the only one to notice it.

Travis
They are a hell of a lot of fun to rally on mountain roads!

Pretty sure I was a lesbian before I bought my first Subaru, but it's official now I guess.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
And in Bozeman if you are driving a Subaru it is a city ordinance that the dog in the back must be a lab. If it is a male it must be named "Bridger" and if it is female it must be named " Madison".

This is not an optional program.

And the Luggage rack must have a Yakima Space Pod thingy on it.
Bozeman is a funny town, not funny ha ha.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I agree with the posters who tout the bad weather capabilities of Subarus. My wife and son drive them and we really don't care what people think. They really work well in snowy, icy conditions, and the AWD system seems to be the best available at the price point. They do seem to be rough on tires, although the newest two are much better, and the gas mileage is not great, but those are secondary and tertiary concerns. We did have one that had recurring oxygen sensor problems and also needed new head gaskets at 60,000, but the company ate all but the first sensor replacement. We also don't run them for 150,000 miles, and the value holds up well around here, so getting a decent amount for a used one is not a problem.

When my son was in high school and got to drive the hand-me-down Outback, I made the mistake of telling him about the Campfire impression of Subarus, and that became a problem, but he endured. (He did not have a choice.) He now drives an Impreza that we gave him before college. He does a lot of bad weather driving over a 9000 foot mountain pass, and he realizes now that performance beats stereotypes and marketing. I don’t think we could have put him in a safer vehicle for twice what we paid for it new.
Posted By: milespatton Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Most commercials seemed to designed to make me not buy their products. Dr. Pepper is the worst one, and Carls Jr. is the only one that I like, that comes to mind immediately. That said, I seldom watch commercials. miles
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
My mechanic bought a Suburu Outback station wagon with 150K on it and loves it. And he doesn't love easily.

We got the wife a Toyota and never considered a Sub.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Simple statement of fact. Subaru has the best, as in most clever, car ads on TV. “They lived.”

if you have seen one macho part-of-your-manhood truck ad you have pretty much seen them all.
I've seen the new They Lived commercial, but other than that, the only one I can recall is the old ones with Paul Hogan.

I do remember seeing the print add with the heavy, short haired, gal. Gross.
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

if you have seen one macho part-of-your-manhood truck ad you have pretty much seen them all.

That is the point of advertising. Subaru targets liberals and gays, Ford doesn't want gays driving their trucks so they target men.

If they don't target the consumer for the purpose of buying their product, their money would be wasted. Have you ever seen a beer commercial that wasn't selling beer to beer drinkers?
Posted By: mtcurman Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I've got a friend who drives one, and I always crack up whenever I see it because he has stickers on it like "deer, the other red meat", and "NRA Life Member", and usually has it piled to the roof with muzzleloaders and/or fly rods. Not the typical Subaru for sure.

Another guy I know used to longline trap bobcats and coyotes out here in the breaks in one... He said it got around better in the snow than his Chevy.. crazy
If you ever went to a trailhead where there were several pickups and one Subaru parked there, the only vehicle that would still have air in the tires would be the Subaru...
When my first one got totaled this last summer , my buddy said "thank god. That thing was gayer than chit" laugh Then I bought another.

Fact is they are popular for a reason that goes beyond advertising.

Last season I was dead set on driving through Seattle with a carcass on the roof. A friend and I both tagged out but just chucked them in the back instead of on the roof rack. The Forester held two whole, but headless, frozen mule deer and all our gear. Pretty dam good!

Next year, it's going on the roof for a tour of Seattle for sure!
The queerest thing about this thread is learning that big, tough, manly men make decisions on which car to drive not based on performance, personal needs, or reliability, but on commercials. Really? Learn to think for yourselves, now that's manly.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER

That is the point of advertising. Subaru targets liberals and gays, Ford doesn't want gays driving their trucks so they target men.

If they don't target the consumer for the purpose of buying their product, their money would be wasted. Have you ever seen a beer commercial that wasn't selling beer to beer drinkers?

But it still remains that the Subaru ads are almost always clever and original and the truck ads are not.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

[Linked Image]

ya gota be a [bleep] to buy one to.
Originally Posted by srwshooter

[Linked Image]

That's not a Subaru. Looks Honda or Acura.
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

They can drive whatever the puck they want to drive to work what business is it of yours?

Their a$$hole behavior puts me in danger. What is it to you, do you drive a pickup?
LOL, looks like quite few pickup drivers found themselves in my post.

I apologize for their bruised ego, there was on offense intended.
The queerest thing about this thread is learning that big, tough, manly men make decisions on which car to drive not based on performance, personal needs, or reliability, but on commercials. Really? Learn to think for yourselves, now that's manly.

I am sure you have seen the movie "Sleepless In Seattle...

Well, this guy hasn't...

[Linked Image]

Posted By: DocRocket Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
He does a lot of bad weather driving over a 9000 foot mountain pass, and he realizes now that [[Subaru] performance beats stereotypes and marketing. I don’t think we could have put him in a safer vehicle for twice what we paid for it new.

In 1997 I bought a used Ford Taurus station wagon for my kids to drive to school. My son (16 at the time) hit a patch of wet leaves at 15 mph going around a corner, hit a big ol' maple tree, and that POS Ford crumpled up like an empty Budweiser can. I did some research and confirmed that that car was a known unsafe POS, and if I wanted my kids to be as safe as possible on the ch!tty ice/wet roads of Wisconsin, I needed to buy a Volvo or a Subaru. Those were the two safest cars on the road at the time. I bought a used 1994 Subaru Legacy wagon with 66,000 miles on it.

I sold that Legacy wagon 10 years later with over 500K miles and virtually no money/work on it other than routine maintenance. Since then my kids and I have owned 4 more Subaru's, and all of them have been solid, reliable cars that perform on snow & ice better than 95% of the cars on the road.

I don't drive one now simply because we have snow & ice in this part of Texas exactly 1.428 days per year.

And as for penis-extenders, er, I mean, pickup trucks... Yes, I drive a pickup, and I use the sumbitch, but if I didn't live out here in the middle of BFE I wouldn't drive a pickup. I could get more use out of a Subaru Forester and a utility trailer and save a couple thousand dollars a year on fuel costs.

Most of the folks who "need" a pickup truck, don't. Pickups perform horribly on snow & ice, they get lousy gas mileage, and they don't ride for ch!tt compared to the average sedan. Not to mention that NTSB stats show that a pickup is much more dangerous to its occupants in a wreck than a sedan or minivan, more prone to roll over, and with less side impact protection.

Everybody insists they "need" four-wheel-drive, but if you look at the stats, most 4WD pickups never leave pavement, not even once! And if you look at the honest use of pickups for hauling stuff (and I'm talking about personal vehicles, not vehicles used for work) the pickup bed is empty for over 99 out of every 100 miles driven.

I saw the cutest little gal at a local restaurant the other day... she couldn't have been more than 5'4" in her 5" heels, and she had as good as the dad-gummed biggest, perkiest rack and shiniest peroxide-blonde hair-dos I've ever seen, and it was hard not to laugh as I watched her clamber up into her lifted F150 4X4 after leaving the diner.

Seems to me if we start talking about stereotypes of people & their vehicles, I'd have to say that the biggest, baddest pickups are typically driven by short guys and short gals. The guys are usually bald/ing and the gals usually have big ol' fake titties. At least that's my observation.

I think your issues have more to do with the area you live in, than the vehicle itself.

Travis
Posted By: Hemi Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Lots of people love them

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/research/consumer-reports-announces-the-2015-people%e2%80%99s-pick/ss-BBhSDpk?ocid=iehp
Originally Posted by srwshooter

[Linked Image]

That's not a Subaru. Looks Honda or Acura.

Holy chit that's funny. Almost as good as dumb Dons pic of a jammed action that happened to be CRF.

I am sure you have seen the movie "Sleepless In Seattle...

Well, this guy hasn't...

[Linked Image]

Ha, ha, ha, boy that sure is funny right there. whistle I shot with a fella who had a big Red Ford 250 4x4. Prettiest dang thing you ever wanted to see. He waxed it every week. No dirt on the carpeting. Never had anything in the bed. Not a scratch anywhere. He was so proud. Felt real manly too when he babied that thing, I'm sure. My Subarus saw more work and action than that babied "truck". He would never take it off of a paved road or put anything in it. I've hauled hay, composted manure, building supplies, crated pheasants for stocking etc etc etc in the back of my Subaru and gone off road in fields while goose hunting. It looks it too.

In my experience, those guys most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

Posted By: 5sdad Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
...In my experience, those guys most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

There is a lot of validity in that observation.
Originally Posted by deflave

I think your issues have more to do with the area you live in, than the vehicle itself.

Travis

you are right, just like this driver is doing it because of the area he lives in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY
This thread is hilarious. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't give [bleep] what he drives. I drive a 2009 chevy cause I got a hell of a deal on it. I also drive the ugliest honda ever made, 2003 element back and forth to work and I also goose and duck hunt out of it. If I had my rathers I would be in a toyota truck and my beater would be something that got better mileage. If I'm fishing I drive my old 95 wrangler cause it gets me to places most anything else can't.

If it starts and runs and gets me from A to B I don't give a $hit what's on the grill, but I don't give a $hit about most things, so.

Marketing is for weak minded people. There's nobody gonna talk me out of my money if it doesn't suit my needs, and if I were in marketing I would pitch my vehicles to [bleep], dykes and whoever else had money to spend. Now if what Sharpnel said was true and subaru donates money to the anti's then I wouldnt contribute to that cause by buying a new one. I'm in the same mindset as him when it comes to my money funding idiots and their causes.

I have a few companies I don't buy from despite the quality being very good. Kahr is one of them. I don't support cults and I won't drink samual adams cause they love homos.

Posted By: Paul39 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
...In my experience, those guys most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

There is a lot of validity in that observation.

That's worth ten pages, easily.

Paul

you are right, just like this driver is doing it because of the area he lives in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY

I posted that actually.

Travis
most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

You mean like the LUMBERSEXUALS??

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by ingwe
And in Bozeman if you are driving a Subaru it is a city ordinance that the dog in the back must be a lab. If it is a male it must be named "Bridger" and if it is female it must be named " Madison".

This is not an optional program.

And the Luggage rack must have a Yakima Space Pod thingy on it.

You neglected to mention the RMEF Bumper Sticker, too.
What I'm talking about is about character, not fashion, trends or labels. It may or may not apply to the gents pictured. Unless I have to interact with them on some level, I really don't care and speculation is a waste of time.
Posted By: add Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Originally Posted by seal_billy

Marketing is for weak minded people.

Pretty much.

Doesn't Harley make nearly as much on the promotional accessories/gear as they do on the bikes?
most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

You mean like the LUMBERSEXUALS??

[Linked Image]

My god, SHAKING MY HEAD

Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I've owned a couple of Subaru 4x4 wagons, a 1983 when I was in grad school and a 2002 for my daughter to drive. Very reliable and good in snow, with good tires that is. I drove the 1983 for two years, about 20K miles, and sold it for $1K more than I paid for it, but I had put $1.5K into it for struts, shocks, tires, and brakes. That said, I figure that $500 for 20K miles is $0.025 per mile, pretty cheap transportation.

EDIT: I had a Thule Combibox on the 1983 wagon, but it wasn't long enough inside to haul my 223cm and 220cm Downhill racing skis. Those traveled inside with the trails on the dash and the tips back near the liftgate. I once heard, don't know if it was true, that Subaru was, maybe still is, the most popular make in Colorado and Vermont because of their "go in snow" reputation.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Now if what Sharpnel Shrapnel said was true and subaru donates money to the anti's then I wouldnt contribute to that cause by buying a new one. I'm in the same mindset as him when it comes to my money funding idiots and their causes.

Shrapnel's statement was indeed true, as far as it goes... Subaru has been donating money to the ASPCA for the past 7 years. The company supports 4 national charities, including the ASPCA (the others are the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Meals On Wheels, and the National Parks Foundation), as well as 600+ local charities to a total of $15 million per year. When you buy a new Subaru, the company will donate $250 on your behalf to the charity of your choice within that group.

ASPCA's policy statement on hunting states that:

"The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed..."

Now, I REALLY don't like the ASPCA because of its anti-hunting stance, and I don't give them money as a result even though they help operate a lot of pet shelters, which is something I approve of. But I really DO like the work done by Meals-on-Wheels, and sort of like Make-A-Wish and the National Parks Foundation. So 3 of their 4 national charities are OK or better, in my book.

So: Subaru has pledged to donate $15 million this year to charity. About half of that money goes to local charities, and the other half is split four ways among national charities, one of which I strongly oppose. At most, the ASPCA will get about $1.875 million from Subaru, not one dollar of which will be "mine" if I buy a Subaru this year, because I'll designate my money to go to the local pet shelter.

I can live with that.

Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Since I've never bought a new Subaru, no portion of the amount paid went to an anti-hunting organization, unless the seller made a donation from the $$ that I paid to him/her.
Posted By: 4winds Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
Buy it used and skip the donations altogether.

If I was born in a country that considered this mass transit, I'd likely have the same opinion.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Steelhead

If I was born in a country that considered this mass transit, I'd likely have the same opinion.

[Linked Image]

Too fucgkin' funny.

Dave
Does the steering wheel tell the horse which way to go?
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15
I am probably one of the most conservative members on this forum. I have had two Subarus, but it has been awhile. Subaru was one of the first with the small car 4WD. I first a had sedan , FWD, and then the hatchback. Went thru two engines with the hatchback. I was commuting 60 miles RT every day and there were few cars then that got decent mileage. Subaru was one of them.

They can drive whatever the puck they want to drive to work what business is it of yours? [/quote]

Their a$$hole behavior puts me in danger. What is it to you, do you drive a pickup? [/quote]

Yeah I drive a pickup and have never run anyone off the road..what is your plate number ? grin
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/24/15

[Linked Image]

Now THAT'S funny! grin

Real tough men watch perverts,[bleep],lesbos drive Subarus. Subaru donates to causes I do not support. Enough reason for me. Want a superior all wheel drive car buy an Audi
My nephew had an AWD Audi. Nice car. He bought a house off a long pvt road that is in poor shape. He needed more ground clearance and bought - - - a Subaru. He's a real smart guy.

Are you saying that real tough men like to watch perverts, lesbos etc.??? I guess you are. Whatever floats your boat or gets a "rise" outta ya.
Shrapnel, I actually asked my dad earlier today if he would buy/drive a Subaru.

He looked at me kind of weird and asked if that was a type of car.

I said, yeah it is.

He said isn't that what the femmy "environmentalists"(poser types...)) like to drive?

I said yeah, they seem to attract a lot of those types.

He said why in the hell would I want to force that connotation on myself?

But they're really good cars dad.....

That's when he figured out I was ffuckin' with him.....

Oh and BTW, we're gonna gay up the F350's in order to prove our manliness.

Pink paint, white grill guards and a BUNCH of feel good bumper stickers.....

Save The WOLF/WHALE/BUFFALO/TIBET/EARTH/or whatever the latest and greatest retardest ffucking thing the libs have dreamt up....

It's gonna be awesome.
And do I have to eat crow or are Subaru's free and clear of supporting the 'enemy'?
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15

Guess I'm on Shrapnel's ignore list now, though, truthfully, he's never had a lot to say to me.

Oh, and my charitable contribution went to a local pet shelter, not the enemy.

The salesman could have been a Democrat, though. I didn't ask him.
Posted By: noodlz Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
If all Subaru drivers are libtard lesbos , are all gun owners criminals ? What a bunch of [bleep] idiots.

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Subaru is obviously a libtard company and I refuse to support them.

Feel free to drive one of their gay ass cars.
Posted By: noodlz Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Feel free to blow me when you make the switch.
I'll pass.

Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
My nephew had an AWD Audi. Nice car. He bought a house off a long pvt road that is in poor shape. He needed more ground clearance and bought - - - a Subaru. He's a real smart guy.

Are you saying that real tough men like to watch perverts, lesbos etc.??? I guess you are. Whatever floats your boat or gets a "rise" outta ya.

Yea dream on comparing a POS subaru with a AUDI
Posted By: Ken_L Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Subaru gives millions of dollars to ASPCA who opposes all hunting. ASPCA gives money to other anti-hunting organizations. Sad to see hunters supporting a company who is working directly against us.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Always fun reading the campfire after a day in the trenches. Sounds like all but one say they're damn good cars, better than the rest for traction. Why is that? I heard one say low center of gravity, but going in a straight line, how can that improve traction? Just curious if the AWD system is engineered differently or???
Don't like the noisy engine myself, sounds like a throwback to me, but obviously that's subjective and means nothing.
They are obviously good cars and also obviously a liberal company.

Free country, drive whatever you want.

I'll continue to slum POS Fords.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Yea dream on comparing a POS subaru with a AUDI

From just a quick search:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Audi_Q5/Reliability/

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Subaru_Outback/Reliability/

US News and World report has the Subaru rated slighty higher.

Not bad for a POS
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Always fun reading the campfire after a day in the trenches. Sounds like all but one say they're damn good cars, better than the rest for traction. Why is that? I heard one say low center of gravity, but going in a straight line, how can that improve traction? Just curious if the AWD system is engineered differently or???
Don't like the noisy engine myself, sounds like a throwback to me, but obviously that's subjective and means nothing.

You only drive in a straight line? I guess the steering wheel for you is an option.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
I drove a PINK car back and forth to work and college for four years, because I bought it like new for $2k cheaper than anything similar on the lot.

I had to be real secure to get that done! The funniest is that I used to use it for hunting also, and hauled dead deer on top of the trunk. Quite the look when you get out of a pink car dressed in Carharts and camo, and check the straps on a dead deer while filling up at the local Cenex.

PS--after four years, I sold the car for almost as much as I paid for it!

You only drive in a straight line? I guess the steering wheel for you is an option.

So are blinkers. Who needs them really? grin
Posted By: RDW Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15

Charlie, pretty sure we're 'compensating' for the fact that the Ford hauls about 250,000lbs of babes every month.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I drove a PINK car back and forth to work and college for four years, because I bought it like new for $2k cheaper than anything similar on the lot.

I had to be real secure to get that done! The funniest is that I used to use it for hunting also, and hauled dead deer on top of the trunk. Quite the look when you get out of a pink car dressed in Carharts and camo, and check the straps on a dead deer while filling up at the local Cenex.

PS--after four years, I sold the car for almost as much as I paid for it!

Now, you Sir, are obviously a man's man. Props!!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
They are obviously good cars and also obviously a liberal company.

Free country, drive whatever you want.

I'll continue to slum POS Fords.

Good on ya Sammo!

http://www.fordfoundation.org/issues/sexuality-and-reproductive-health-and-rights
MM, I am kinda confused here(big surprise)...

From the link....

Our work is dedicated to strengthening sexual and reproductive health and rights, and encouraging comprehensive sexuality education and evidence-based public discourse on sexuality.

Or so says chief medical advisor, Ace Adair.
From the link:

Protecting Women's Rights
Reducing HIV/AIDS Discrimination and Exclusion
Supporting Sexuality Research
Promoting Reproductive Rights and the Right to Sexual Health
Youth Sexuality, Reproductive Health, and Rights
Advancing LGBT Rights

Its all I got Sammo.....I drive a fuggin' Subaru and gotta dig up sumptin' on them Fords! (which I drive as well, dammit)

All in fun man. They're just used cars to me grin

I hear Ace has one of those big veiny ballsacks hangin' from the hitch of his Subaru?

Dat true?
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15

After bashing Subarus and seeing their connection to ASPCA, I can't post now without some puppy looking me in the face and wanting me to contribute to ASPCA. What is this site coming to. ASPCA ads on a hunting/shooting/outdoor website.

Now I really hate Subarus. There are plenty of cars out there to get you where you want to go and all the guys that like them still don't make a case for owning one of those pieces of $hit...

After bashing Subarus and seeing their connection to ASPCA, I can't post now without some puppy looking me in the face and wanting me to contribute to ASPCA. What is this site coming to. ASPCA ads on a hunting/shooting/outdoor website.

Now I really hate Subarus. There are plenty of cars out there to get you where you want to go and all the guys that like them still don't make a case for owning one of those pieces of $hit...

I've heard the secret to Suburu engines and their success is the fast twist cylinders.
Don't tease Shrapnel, he sounds grumpy.

I think the nurse brought him an old pudding with skin on it. You should be nice to him.
You know what they say... you can't fix stupid!
I missed RDW's babes earlier.

Nice........

grin

I know dude, Subarus are good cars. I want to like them but just can't get past the politics.

Speaking of politics.

I talked to Shrapnel for the first time about a week or two ago.

30-40 minute phone call.

He seriously needs to run for governor.

I talked to Shrapnel for the first time about a week or two ago.

30-40 minute phone call.

He seriously needs to run for governor.

Pony him up!
Sadly the best candidates never seem to run.

Not that I blame them.
Pretty sure Shrapnel wouldn't get the lesbo lab Subaru vote.

Or is it lab lesbo?

Subaru guys will have to figure that one out.
A hunter buying a Subaru is like a butcher joining PETA it makes absolutely no sense!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
What car never has to have something replaced in 119K miles?

2001 Toyota Corolla.

Pretty sure the first clutch lasted more'n that. A CV joint went out at about 250,000.

I did break down and replace the original struts and springs last fall when I was getting the second clutch. Not too shabby for 350,000 miles cool

Doesn't look like much, it was sideswiped by a drunk in a pickup once, but that was patched up on account of we was still making payments, and then my son and then my daughter-in-law both rear ended people in it. After the second one the hood was crimped in the middle to a pyramid shape and the grill pushed back considerable. A guy at a West Side body shop hammered it back to useable-if-not-pretty shape in two hours for $160 grin

I gotta recognize virtuosity when I see it; I also had a dented and leaking rim fixed with exactly two knocks of a hammer for five bucks. The guy is a prodigy.

Much smaller but actually faster than our 2010 Corolla on account of its an actual cable hook up from gas pedal to fuel injectors instead of some friggin computer deciding how fast I SHOULD be accelerating.

Sorry... we was talking Subarus here.

I dunno if the wheel bearings ever got greased, maybe, it was the high school shop that did the work this last time, and that guy has 'em do everything.

Birdwatcher
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by Ken_L
A hunter buying a Subaru is like a butcher joining PETA it makes absolutely no sense!

It's a whole lot less contradictory than buying and using products made in China or using products made from oil pumped out of places where people hate us. How many people posting on the Campfire are using Chinese made computers, tablets and smart phones? Where did your gasoline start out?
Except unlike oil or computers we actually have a choice when it comes to automobiles.

Is a computer or a car fundamental to life? To an ideologically pure person, they are irrelevant.
Ask the cows how they feel about not eating. I don't drive around all morning looking to be ideologically pure.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Hell, the only things fundamental to life are food/water/fire/shelter

Everything else is secondary.
And if Ford was openly against the livestock industry we sure as hell wouldn't be supporting their company.

Really pretty basic logic.

True, nowhere does the need to buy a Subaru outweigh the other options available. Subaru isn't the only car you can buy...
Exactly.

My wife has an AWD Ford(made in Illinois) parked in the driveway.

I see it all the time. Hell, I'm sick just seeing the pages of RIP for a 'Fire member that was an Obama ball licker.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Off topic, but when has that slowed anyone down, "A piece of tin, a piece of board, put them together, and you have a Ford".

True, nowhere does the need to buy a Subaru outweigh the other options available. Subaru isn't the only car you can buy...

That is true. I could have spent a minimum of $25,000 more to get 2 cars with comparable features that we needed, which also costs more for insurance and annual license fees, and requires a 100 mile round trip for service. And, where do I draw the line? Can I buy a Toyota? The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and killed a lot of Americans. Can I buy a Ford? The Yankees suppressed the south during the Civil War.

I also could shop at mom and pop stores and pay $50 more per shopping trip than going to WalMart. Maybe I should, but I don't.
I'm going to send a pic of dead animals in my Subaru to the Subaru people.

Posted By: deflave Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
What car never has to have something replaced in 119K miles?

2001 Toyota Corolla.

Pretty sure the first clutch lasted more'n that. A CV joint went out at about 250,000.

I did break down and replace the original struts and springs last fall when I was getting the second clutch. Not too shabby for 350,000 miles cool

Doesn't look like much, it was sideswiped by a drunk in a pickup once, but that was patched up on account of we was still making payments, and then my son and then my daughter-in-law both rear ended people in it. After the second one the hood was crimped in the middle to a pyramid shape and the grill pushed back considerable. A guy at a West Side body shop hammered it back to useable-if-not-pretty shape in two hours for $160 grin

I gotta recognize virtuosity when I see it; I also had a dented and leaking rim fixed with exactly two knocks of a hammer for five bucks. The guy is a prodigy.

Much smaller but actually faster than our 2010 Corolla on account of its an actual cable hook up from gas pedal to fuel injectors instead of some friggin computer deciding how fast I SHOULD be accelerating.

Sorry... we was talking Subarus here.

I dunno if the wheel bearings ever got greased, maybe, it was the high school shop that did the work this last time, and that guy has 'em do everything.

Birdwatcher

Pretty sure you're a woman. Regardless of what you drive.

Travis
Exactly.

Isn't Ford unionized? If so,you are paying to support a lot more causes you despise than HSUS, and with a whole lot more money and "volunteer" time.

Your observation is flawed, you noted that it was "bombed" and "suppressed". We bombed the Japs into submission and won the civil war, years ago. Subaru is currently involved in suppression and bombing at this moment, get something else...

"The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress."

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-policy-and-position-statements/hunting

"Exclusive Subaru VIP Deal for You, $100 for the ASPCA!

Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) invites all eligible ASPCA Guardian and Founder’s Society members to participate in the Subaru VIP Partners Program. As an ASPCA Guardian or Founder, you may qualify for this special offer from Subaru when you lease or purchase a new Subaru!

Eligible Guardian members must be active and contributing members for at least six months to participate. Qualified Founder’s Society members include those who contribute in excess of $500 annually. Founders are immediately eligible for the VIP Program after making their donation to the ASPCA. Please submit the information below to obtain a VIP Verification form. You must receive your form BEFORE contacting your participating Subaru retailer in order to qualify for this benefit. If you purchase or lease a new Subaru without this form, you will not receive the VIP offer and the ASPCA will not receive $100. Please note that each form is valid for 45 days, after which time you can request a new form simply by sending an inquiry to [email protected] or by calling (646)706-4690."

https://www.aspca.org/about-us/corporate-partnerships/subaru-vip-partner-program
Exactly.

Most people don't consider being on blocks "parked."

Travis
How about Microsoft and Apple? They support a lot of things we don't like and it would be hard to find a modern household that does not contain and use their products.

Skewed logic and irrelevant comparisons aside, I will bet your home room teacher looks forward to recess to get you outside into some fresh air...
Not really. She drives a Subaru.
Holy crap, I'm laughing now...
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Funny how people can't just enjoy a commercial. I don't drink Budweiser beer, but like the Bud commercials with the Clydesdales. I like the Dorito commercials, but don't eat them.

You guys get wrapped around the axles way too tight. If we all boycotted any company that we disagreed with their politics , we would be grinding our on wheat, drinking stream water and walking.

Hell one of the biggest detriment we as hunters face is the antis wanting to ban lead bullets and you all clamor and wet yourself over Barnes bullets .That company would dearly love the banning of lead, and the antis keep telling us that there are are alternatives to lead bullets like Barnes makes.
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Funny how people can't just enjoy a commercial. I don't drink Budweiser beer, but like the Bud commercials with the Clydesdales. I like the Dorito commercials, but don't eat them.

You guys get wrapped around the axles way too tight. If we all boycotted any company that we disagreed with their politics , we would be grinding our on wheat, drinking stream water and walking.

Hell one of the biggest detriment we as hunters face is the antis wanting to ban lead bullets and you all clamor and wet yourself over Barnes bullets .That company would dearly love the banning of lead, and the antis keep telling us that there are are alternatives to lead bullets like Barnes makes.

Don't hurt yourself trying to make that stretch.

Travis

Yeah, that's it.
That's the ever loving point, very few people will stick to their convictions. Sure, they give it lots of lip service but if it causes the slightest inconvenience or cost a few bucks more, [bleep] conviction.

Everyone who does not live in a cave is guilty. It is just a matter of degree.
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15

"The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed. The ASPCA does recognize that wildlife management may be necessary in situations where animal and human interests collide, but urges that management strategies be nonlethal wherever possible and never include avoidable suffering or distress."

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-policy-and-position-statements/hunting

"Exclusive Subaru VIP Deal for You, $100 for the ASPCA!

Subaru of America, Inc. (SOA) invites all eligible ASPCA Guardian and Founder’s Society members to participate in the Subaru VIP Partners Program. As an ASPCA Guardian or Founder, you may qualify for this special offer from Subaru when you lease or purchase a new Subaru!

Eligible Guardian members must be active and contributing members for at least six months to participate. Qualified Founder’s Society members include those who contribute in excess of $500 annually. Founders are immediately eligible for the VIP Program after making their donation to the ASPCA. Please submit the information below to obtain a VIP Verification form. You must receive your form BEFORE contacting your participating Subaru retailer in order to qualify for this benefit. If you purchase or lease a new Subaru without this form, you will not receive the VIP offer and the ASPCA will not receive $100. Please note that each form is valid for 45 days, after which time you can request a new form simply by sending an inquiry to [email protected] or by calling (646)706-4690."

https://www.aspca.org/about-us/corporate-partnerships/subaru-vip-partner-program

Good point, and turned my stomach when I saw the commercial (I don't own a Subaru).
However, Cheyenne makes a good point, buying domestic supports UAW, which contributes heavily to Dem's and those who want to take away our firearms rights.

Buying GM after the bailout wouldn't make me happy either. I think we could find a problem with every car corporation if we looked.

Guess I'll have to start riding a horse. crazy

Actually, I guess I'd be safe (except from weather) if I only drove my '64 Willy's Jeep.
Death by a thousand paper cuts.

My truck was made in a non-union plant. Again, if folks are happy to have their money go to anti-hunting groups, have at it.

Since I can't stop Obama from being elected I may as well sign up for EBT and vote for all the liberals I can. Is that the reasoning?
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Nope, no reasoning here, just saying it's a sad state of affairs all the way around.
The UAW has contributed nearly 72 Million to political campaigns over the last 25 years.

72 Million.

How much went to Republicans?

270 thousand.........out of 72 Million.

And you dummies are bitching because Subaru allows customers to donate, or not, a couple hundred bucks of the purchase to a charity. One of which is the ASPCA.

Yep, their adverts pander to lesbians and chubby guys in skinny jeans. Meanwhile Fords foundation actively supports the LGBT agenda.

Not to mention where all that Dodge, Ford, GM UAW money goes.

Jesus, the more you look at the UAW, Subaru is looking better and better.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
It is my understanding that GM and Chrysler took money from Obama, but Ford did not.
So for my next vehicle, I am looking at Ford.
I believe GM has paid back 100% of the loan, plus interest.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-billie-jean-king/n44610

Holy chit! I'm dying!

That was hilarious!
Posted By: add Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Posted By: add Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/25/15
jeez
I had a 72 volkswagon
73 ford maverick
74 f-100
89 ranger
01 ranger
02 mazda b4000
and now have a 04 ranger

who in the f ukk am I supporting

the illuminati/alien lizard Nazi types?
the uaw?
gays/ lesbians and transformers?
wile e coyote and acme?

holy f ukk

the sky is falling
the sky is falling
MM, I did get a kick out of it!

Add, the ad where the bitch dog growls at the male for checking out the poodle is even better!
Originally Posted by renegade50
jeez
I had a 72 volkswagon
73 ford maverick
74 f-100
89 ranger
01 ranger
02 mazda b4000
and now have a 04 ranger

who in the f ukk am I supporting

the illuminati/alien lizard Nazi types?
the uaw?
gays/ lesbians and transformers?
wile e coyote and acme?

holy f ukk

the sky is falling
the sky is falling

Jews and Masons man.....Jews and Masons.

They control everything through Satan, so that's who you are supporting.

Satan.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
they drive ford rangers??????????
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15

Next time I buy a Ford I'm going to get a sworn affidavit from the salesman that he's not a Democrat and his wife does not donate any portion of their family income to an anti-hunting organization.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Next time I buy a Ford I'm going to get a sworn affidavit from the salesman that he's not a Democrat and his wife does not donate any portion of their family income to an anti-hunting organization.

here-here!!!!!

what if it is used from a different brand dealer or private sale??????????????????????????????????????????????????

gawt dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15

Our local Ford dealer lets us get winter grazing on some of his property. He had beer in his office on a Sunday when we bought my wife's SUV.

And I KNOW he's not a liberal.

I buy my groceries at a Kroger supermarket. I'm afraid to even ask what those [bleep] contribute to.
Posted By: deflave Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15

And I KNOW he's not a liberal.

Was he wearing a Patagonia jacket?

Shrap loves those.

Travis
Oh yeah, the extra big puffy [bleep] from REI.

That and some windproof tight pants.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Driving a Subaru ranks right up there with riding a peddle bike out on the highway. If the stupidity has to be explained well then you are literally a dumb son of a bitch!

On the money Sam, right on the money.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
MM, I did get a kick out of it!

Add, the ad where the bitch dog growls at the male for checking out the poodle is even better!

You got that all wrong. Both dogs up front are bitches and the back seat has two adopted eunuch pups, this is a Subaru ad you know...
Posted By: 700LH Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Originally Posted by GeoW

Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Originally Posted by 700LH

A chickensh&t thing to burn in Hell for if ya ask me, without even the 'nads to hang around and do it in person. Musta been a couple of petty f&kkers in the truck.

Every one of those people was off of the roadway or riding the fog stripe. And jeez that was one hellacious hill they were climbing cool

Proud to say I've been there done that, one of the coolest things I ever did. Cant wait to get the circumstance to do it over.

Birdwatcher

Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15

Naah, my own schlong has always proven to be big enough.

Metaphorically speaking of course.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15

I buy my groceries at a Kroger supermarket. I'm afraid to even ask what those [bleep] contribute to.

You're missing the point and exemplifying why this country is where this country is.

'Oh, he's ok, sure he voted for Obama but he likes guns'

'Sure, the store I shop at donated $500K to Obama, but I would need to drive another 10 miles to go to a store that didn't

Etc, etc

Point being, people are pretty strong on their convictions, UNLESS it hits there wallet or becomes an inconvenience.

This is the reason it will take HUGE shift in the tectonic plates to right this. People don't have the conviction, unless it's against a baker that won't do a cake for their Big Gay Greek Wedding.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15

A chickensh&t thing to burn in Hell for if ya ask me, without even the 'nads to hang around and do it in person. Musta been a couple of petty f&kkers in the truck.

Every one of those people was off of the roadway or riding the fog stripe. And jeez that was one hellacious hill they were climbing cool

Proud to say I've been there done that, one of the coolest things I ever did. Cant wait to get the circumstance to do it over.

Birdwatcher

It's typically some chubby peckerless type in the truck. I take solace in the fact their fat azz will likely stroke out before age 60.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15

Shame on you for not researching Kroger's 10-ks and press releases, and those of its major vendors, lenders and real estate partners.

Naah, my own schlong has always proven to be big enough.

Metaphorically speaking of course.

Anybody that airs the tires of their vehicle with a bicycle pump has to be part woman.

Travis

It's typically some chubby peckerless type in the truck. I take solace in the fact their fat azz will likely stroke out before age 60.

I do not know the motivation of that particular driver, but I can say that those bicyclists that spread themselves out over 10 miles of narrow, mountain roads have a tendency to back traffic up considerably, and piss a whole lot of fugging people off.

And for all you motorcycle guys that like to tour the west? Bunching up in packs that stretch 10 vehicle lengths, while driving 15 under the speed limit? Yeah... there's a reason people hate you.

Travis
I was commenting on the fella in the video. The cyclists were all on the shoulder or stopped in a turn out.

If the video showed 10 miles of cyclists backing traffic up, yes, they likely would of made a lot of people very angry and should expect a degree of retaliation, or venting of anger and exhaust. As would anyone backing up traffic for 10 miles, even if they were driving a beater 'Yota that couldn't pull the hill grin

As for bicycle pumps, the old metal frame mounted jobs were awesome! Bicycle shillelagh!

Posted By: bangeye Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
I really don't see the issue with subarus they are really pretty practical vehicles IMHO. AWD good mileage pretty tuff mechanics . I would definitely consider one as they offer hauling room for a bog crate and your bird hunting gear, room go your fishing gear etc. no it's not a pickup but neither is any other suv.

As to bike riders on the road thats a real pet peave of mine. I don't see how the riders can even begin to argue that they have a right to the road. Inadequate lights , no turn/ stop signals , don't pay hwy taxes, don't have minimum insurance. in my book they have no more rights than a wheel chair or skateboard and certainly less than golf carts and 4 wheelers which aren't allowed.
Posted By: battue Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Have an Outback. Great in snow and is a great fit for short trip Bird hunting with a couple Dogs.

When they asked what I liked about the Outback, my reply was that I was amazed with how well it handled snow along with the fact I was a hunter and it fit some of those requirments fairly well.

Perhaps if more hunters let them know their positive thoughts they would include them in their marketing plan. If enough do they will.

Toyota is more and more marketing certain models towards the gay crowd. Wonder how that came about?

Never could figure how someone could get a nut by riding a wheel down the highway designed for motor vehicles, impeding traffic of those doing their best to get to work on time.

But I'm of the old school where men are men, women are women, blacks should work to eat just as everyone else and queers should live in the closet.

If Archie Bunker was not a Yankee, we would be alot alike grin
Posted By: antlers Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Originally Posted by battue
Have an Outback. Great in snow and is a great fit for short trip Bird hunting with a couple Dogs.

I have an Outback as well. Sure-footed, climbs like a mountain goat, gets great mileage. Pretty much lived out of it for 16 months while I was climbing mountains, ridin' my bicycles, and doing some pretty extreme trekking all over the Southwestern U.S., spent more nights under the stars than I did with a roof over my head during that time. Absolutely impressed with the vehicle in every way. It took me places and did things that the big 4-wheel drive trucks and SUV's that I'd been driving for the last 35 years would not (could not) do. Don't intend to be without one from now on. Doing the kind of stuff that I like to do, it's a perfect vehicle.
Never could figure how someone could get a nut by riding a wheel down the highway designed for motor vehicles, impeding traffic of those doing their best to get to work on time.

How are those bicyclists (who's taxes pay for those roads just like yours do) "impeding traffic" in any way when they are well to the right of the fog stripe and way over on the shoulder...?
Originally Posted by antlers

How are those bicyclists (who's taxes pay for those roads just like yours do) "impeding traffic" in any way when they are well to the right of the fog stripe and way over on the shoulder...?

They "impede traffic" because if you fly by them @ 75mph they're either going to become seriously injured, or fugging die.

As a result, you have to slow down to bicycle speed until the opposing traffic stops so you can go around them.

Travis

When they asked what I liked about the Outback, my reply was that I was amazed with how well it handled snow along with the fact I was a hunter and it fit some of those requirments fairly well.

Perhaps if more hunters let them know their positive thoughts they would include them in their marketing plan. If enough do they will.

Toyota is more and more marketing certain models towards the gay crowd. Wonder how that came about?

battue is a lesbian!

battue is a lesbian!

battue is a lesbian!

battue is a lesbian!

grin

Travis
Wouldn't bother me where they rode... side, middle, left side, if they could travel at the speed limit... otherwise you are an impediment.

No, the bicyclist pays no tax at the pump to keep up the roads.. none.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
[bleep] spandex petal monkies !!! Try hauling a dozer or even just driving a loaded dumptruck around here on these narrow blacktop hiways when these metoro's have a "tour" or ride. they won't look or move , even seen one fixing a flat on the center line of old 66
Originally Posted by ldholton
[bleep] spandex petal monkies !!! Try hauling a dozer or even just driving a loaded dumptruck around here on these narrow blacktop hiways when these metoro's have a "tour" or ride. they won't look or move , even seen one fixing a flat on the center line of old 66

Yeah. They don't give a fugg.

The only reason they don't die by the dozens every summer is because of the courtesy and compassion of motorists.

That is a fact.

Travis
Wouldn't bother me where they rode... side, middle, left side, if they could travel at the speed limit... otherwise you are an impediment.
No, the bicyclist pays no tax at the pump to keep up the roads.. none.

If they're traveling at bicycle speed to the right of the fog line and way over on the shoulder...a part of the road that you don't normally drive on...how is that "an impediment"...?
People who have nice road bicycles also drive cars, and they pay the same tax at the pump to keep up the roads as you do. The same.
The only reason they don't die by the dozens every summer is because of the courtesy and compassion of motorists.

That, and the law...which requires motorists to yield to pedestrians and bicyclists.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Living and working in rural or mountain areas, one's attitude toward bicycles, kayaks, and other such city folks activities, that come in hordes on weekends and summers and tend to cause change's to the entire area, in many ways causes a person to see these folks a different light, that isn't always so positive.

That, and the law...which requires motorists to yield to pedestrians and bicyclists.

Yeah. That's what's saving them.

Travis
This is awesome.

I hope Subaru makes a bicycle. Heads will explode!
Posted By: saddlesore Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
[quote=antlersIf they're traveling at bicycle speed to the right of the fog line and way over on the shoulder...a part of the road that you don't normally drive on...how is that "an impediment"...?
Not True. In Colorado now ,if you pass them, you must be at least 3ft away, causing you to go into the other lane. Bad on a two lane highway with no shoulder. You are permitted to cross the yellow line if it is safe, but if there is traffic coming from the other direction ,you sit in back of them at 15 MPH in a 65 MPH zone. I'd say that is an impediment.

Not all cyclist also pay taxes at the pump.
This is awesome.

I hope Subaru makes a bicycle. Heads will explode!

They'd be marketed without seats.

(obviously)

Travis
School buses are the road impediment I run into most.

Fuggin hate school buses. It's only my compassion that keeps those little fuggers alive when they step off that big yella piece of chit.
For men or women? Or both?

Lesbians may not like that.

laffin'

Not all pedestrians who walk along the roadside pay taxes at the pump either.

Sucks, dont it...?

Life is so unfair sometimes.
You're lovin' it!!!

http://spbcar.ru/news/en/article/18608/

laffin'

Pedestrians who walk along the roadside don't pay taxes at the pump either.

Sucks, dont it...? Life is so unfair sometimes.

Don't know what you call them in lesbo land, but around here we call pedestrians walking along the roadside "Indians."

Travis
School buses are the road impediment I run into most.

Fuggin hate school buses. It's only my compassion that keeps those little fuggers alive when they step off that big yella piece of chit.
Midol by mouth and Preperation H up your A** maybe it'll help you get over being so butt hurt
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Living and working in rural or mountain areas, one's attitude toward bicycles, kayaks, and other such city folks activities, that come in hordes on weekends and summers and tend to cause change's to the entire area, in many ways causes a person to see these folks a different light, that isn't always so positive.

You forgot the quarter million dollar land yachts driven by people who have more money than driving ability coupled with plenty of spare time on their hands.
Somebody steal your bike seat?
Driving a school bus is a noble career. No need for shame.

laffin'

Pedestrians who walk along the roadside don't pay taxes at the pump either.

Sucks, dont it...? Life is so unfair sometimes.

Don't know what you call them in lesbo land, but around here we call pedestrians walking along the roadside "Indians."

Travis

You must have good Indians. The ones out here are usually prone on the roadside.
Holy fugg.....

A Subaru pedal car!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/509751251544368386/
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Rvs should be banned from hilly or winding 2 lanes or be required to maintain the minimum speed limits. Old person attitude that the world can kiss my ass is usually more of a problem than lack of horsepowergrin

mike r
People who have nice road bicycles also drive cars, and they pay the same tax at the pump to keep up the roads as you do. The same.

The tax at the pump covers the motorized vehicle that the fuel goes in... not a wheel.

Our roads have no fog line for peddlers to ride... you are by god on the road or off the road. Here, roads are for cars and trucks. Children on wheels get my respect.. it's their only means of transportation.. them and drunks. Responsible adults need find a better place to recreate.

Also, pedestrians and wheel riders do not have the right of way on a public highway. One best "look both ways". It's a damn fine way to meet your maker to believe that bullshit.

laffin'

Not all pedestrians who walk along the roadside pay taxes at the pump either.

Sucks, dont it...?

Life is so unfair sometimes.

Key word, "roadside".. smile
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
Aren't those extended mirrors on pickups for whacking bicyclists and tax dodging pedestrians?

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Rvs should be banned from hilly or winding 2 lanes or be required to maintain the minimum speed limits. Old person attitude that the world can kiss my ass is usually more of a problem than lack of horsepowergrin

mike r

Tractors as well. Old farmer taking up half the damn highway on his big azz John Deere burning red fuel.

It's all about the taxes man!
We're getting way of topic here fellas.

This thread is for extolling the supreme gayness that is embodied in a Subaru.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
That bike cost more than I paid for either of my last two Subaru wagons. Almost as much as I paid for both.

The tax at the pump covers the motorized vehicle that the fuel goes in... not a wheel.
Our roads have no fog line for peddlers to ride... you are by god on the road or off the road.

But people who pay taxes at the pump for their cars sometimes ride bicycles too. And sometimes they ride em' on the road. They get to, whether impatient drivers like it it not...whether drivers are 'inconvienced' by it or not. Those folks in the video 'did' have a fog line, and they 'were' way over on the shoulder.
Here, roads are for cars and trucks. Responsible adults need find a better place to recreate.

Does the law 'there' specifically forbid bicyclists and pedestrians from also using the roads...? If not, then they get to use em' too, regardless of who does or doesn't like it. If the law says they are allowed to use the road, 'you' still say they "need" to recreate somewhere else so 'you' won't be inconvenienced...?

laffin'
Lesbians have the right to ride their bicycles, and we have the right to drive diesels and laugh our ass off.

What a great country.

Travis
Lesbians have the right to ride their bicycles, and we have the right to drive diesels and laugh our ass off.

Travis

And load your guns with the wrong ammo...

'Merica!
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

'Merica!

And suck dick!

Texas!

Travis
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Tractors as well. Old farmer taking up half the damn highway on his big azz John Deere burning red fuel.

It's all about the taxes man!
You are winning the dumbass award for sure
Hah! Is this when you challenge me to a fight in the school yard?

You're crackin' me up tough guy.
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

You forgot the quarter million dollar land yachts driven by people who have more money than driving ability coupled with plenty of spare time on their hands.

No joking !! Take some guy (nice guy even) retires sells home and buys 40' motorhome or truck and 40' 5th wheel, but has never driven anything larger than a pick up in his life , lacks the experiance , skill to operate safely and than gets scared = train wreck
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage

'Merica!

And suck dick!

Texas!

Travis

Now, now, Junior... Jealousy is such an ugly emotion.
Does the law 'there' specifically forbid bicyclists and pedestrians from also using the roads...? If not, then they get to use em' too, regardless of who does or doesn't like it. If the law says they are allowed to use the road, 'you' still say they "need" to recreate somewhere else so 'you' won't be inconvenienced...?

laffin'

laffin' In the case you are presenting, yes, it is forbidden without a parade permit.

As a side note, damned golf carts are getting into the mix now.. Not long ago witnessed a hit and run on a cart.. two senior occupants airlifted to the hospital.

Very unsafe, unwise means of transportation.

[/quote

battue is a lesbian!

battue is a lesbian!

battue is a lesbian!

battue is a lesbian!

grin

Travis

Please don't tell Shrap I like girls. smile
...it is forbidden without a parade permit.

Where is it "forbidden" for someone to ride a bicycle on the side of the roadway without a parade permit...?
...it is forbidden without a parade permit.

Where is it "forbidden" for someone to ride a bicycle on the side of the roadway without a parade permit...?

It's forbidden anywhere where there are groups of bicyclist and pedestrians traveling down the highway with the false sense of security having been told that they in fact do have right of way and at a speed under the posted legal speed limit.

It has the aura of life in the third world.

There is no law preventing a wheel or a pedestrian from traveling down the side of the road but they do get killed on a regular basis and no charges are filed against the drivers of the motorized vehicles who done it unless DUI or the like. It gets the "well, if he didn't have good sense enough to get out of the road..." category, and is not unlike a train/automobile wreck... oh well!
That made no sense, but was entertaining!

BTW- the only person I've ever known to be killed on a bicycle was struck by a deer. Happened in GA.

Car struck a deer at high speed, the deer went airborne and struck the kid on the bike killing him.

I don't believe the deer was charged.....,or alive for that matter.
Wheel must have been at a deer crossing wink
So, it's not "illegal" for bicyclists to use the road where you are. That's all you had to say...that it's not "illegal". Incidentally, other taxes besides just the ones we pay at the pump also go to pay for and maintain the roadways.
Yep, ridin' on the roadside is often dangerous, and it's a risk many of us choose to take anyway. When I take a bicycle ride of over a hundred miles in 6 or 7 hours it's hard to do it without riding on the side of the road...the ones that I help pay for and maintain.
So, it's not "illegal" for bicyclists to use the road where you are. That's all you had to say...that it's not "illegal". Incidentally, other taxes besides just the ones we pay at the pump also go to pay for and maintain the roadways.
Yep, ridin' on the roadside is often dangerous, and it's a risk many of us choose to take anyway. When I take a bicycle ride of over a hundred miles in 6 or 7 hours it's hard to do it without riding on the side of the road...the ones that I help pay for and maintain.

That's cool. But if you get hit by a car, a lot of us will make fun of you.

Travis

No worries. Shrapnel only cares about shrapnel.

Travis
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/26/15
How are they on ground clearance?
Wheel must have been at a deer crossing wink

Everybody tells you to look left and right......they forgot to mention up!

BLAM! Flying gawd damn deer upside yo head!
I have a neighbor that is a grown man, +-40, but special needs... Can not drive a car but rides a wheel 40-50 miles a day.

About a mile from my house the other day I drive around a curve and have to slam on brakes to keep from rear ending the last car in a line of backed up traffic, maybe 5 cars in the line.
It appears that neighbor, David, had spotted a turtle crossing the road, parked his wheel in the middle of the road and was in the process of blocking traffic, like a traffic cop, holding traffic in both directions.

I pulled over as I knew David and walked up to where he was, picked up the turtle and put him down on the side of the road in direction in which he was traveling.

Tried to explain to David but not too sure he understood.

Never a boring moment.. Entertaining thread too smile
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Won't clear a bicycle with a person on top of it.

Travis
Subarus?

Pretty good actually. About 9". More than a F150 2wd, 1/2" less than a f150 4x4. Way more than an Exploder.

I have sbout 9 inches of ground clearance...that's a fair degree of off-road clearance for a car.
I have a neighbor that is a grown man, +-40, but special needs... Can not drive a car but rides a wheel 40-50 miles a day.

About a mile from my house the other day I drive around a curve and have to slam on brakes to keep from rear ending the last car in a line of backed up traffic, maybe 5 cars in the line.
It appears that neighbor, David, had spotted a turtle crossing the road, parked his wheel in the middle of the road and was in the process of blocking traffic, like a traffic cop, holding traffic in both directions.

I pulled over as I knew David and walked up to where he was, picked up the turtle and put him down on the side of the road in direction in which he was traveling.

Tried to explain to David but not too sure he understood.

Never a boring moment.. Entertaining thread too smile

At least he had an excuse. Some woman around here stopped on the freeway for a pack of damn geese and caused a hell of a wreck.

Stopped in the middle of I5! For a goose! I would try and shoe them outta the way, but not at risk to someone's life.

Won't clear a bicycle with a person on top of it.

Travis

Laffin'! Don't know if you don't try!

That is the definition of a lesbian...
Things are suddenly becoming quite clear regarding a few members.....

http://www.treehugger.com/cars/5-pl...anned-or-illegal-youll-be-surprised.html

looks like big green tractors may just out rule the spandex monkey

If you are good enough, you can ride on a lake...

[Linked Image]

That is the definition of a lesbian...

If preferring women makes me a lesbian, then I am. You????
laughing....

Here's another one.

I won't guess which Campfire genius this might be....

Looks like safariman's meds wore off at the wrong moment.

Travis

I have sbout 9 inches of ground clearance...that's a fair degree of off-road clearance for a car.

Another classic!!!!

Chit is getting straight up uber!
More like über uber!!!!

Norks, Sauds, and bum fugg Iowa!
I'm gonna grab my bicycle tire pump, inflate the tires on the Subaru, and go grab me some Miller 64's.

Later!

Clark
laughing....

Here's another one.

I won't guess which Campfire genius this might be....

That explains why some people's ass seems to be so chapped on this thread
Spotted this in Lawrence Co Missurah!

[Linked Image]

Sorry try again this county has now where that big of hwy. in it
I'm digging the paw prints, id! They's a nice touch!
It's not even id , strike 2
I'm gonna grab my bicycle tire pump, inflate the tires on the Subaru, and go grab me some Miller 64's.

Later!

Clark

Wind powered pump or did you spring for one of the new ultra fancy solar powered models?!

I can't wait to try one myself.
It's not even id , strike 2

What's not id? The first two letters of your screen name? Of course it is you dummie.
Strike 3? laugh
yes strike three , it ld that's a lower case L , dummie , carry on . Don't you have some laps to do on your tricycle ?
I'm digging the paw prints, id! They's a nice touch!

Probably some Penn State grad. They could have graduated 50 years ago and still stick them all over their vehicles.
Don't get all huffy, id. Hate for you to have to "line me out"!

You're missing the point and exemplifying why this country is where this country is.

'Oh, he's ok, sure he voted for Obama but he likes guns'

'Sure, the store I shop at donated $500K to Obama, but I would need to drive another 10 miles to go to a store that didn't

Just over half the voters who voted in this country voted Democrat in the 2012 presidential election.

That's a lot of internal enemies to deal with. You know, internal enemies of America. People who deserve to die screaming in agony for days or even weeks before they [bleep] die.

Some of those enemies of America own businesses. Even more of them work in businesses that are owned by people who aren't [bleep] internal enemies of America.

I don't have [bleep] time to research every [bleep] store I buy [bleep] from.

Maybe you retired guys do.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Subaru to the rescue. Towing a UPS truck - insane!!!

Posted By: ldholton Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Still can't get the letters correct can you, You have mental issues I recon
Posted By: bangeye Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Antlers I have a direct question for you since you are such a proponent of bikes on the road. How come when available bike riders don't ride on the side walk?
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Ok, my previous link was of a Subaru in a Southern snowstorm. This is why we use them up in the North where we get some real snow. A Subaru with 2 feet of snow going up a driveway.

Posted By: MadMooner Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
You keep on reckoning.....or reconing. Hang a pic of you driving your school bus while you're at it!
BE- it's actually against the law in most places for whatever reason.
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Originally Posted by bangeye
Antlers I have a direct question for you since you are such a proponent of bikes on the road. How come when available bike riders don't ride on the side walk?

Not Antlers, but you might want to check your local ordinances. Lots of places say you can't ride a bicycle on a sidewalk. Doesn't stop some of those avowed enemies of America from doing it, of course.

Another reason is that children and old people keep getting in the way. I say [bleep] 'em. No real American respects government overreach.
Coop. I honestly would be a bit embarrassed to get towed by a Subaru, even in my own Subaru!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Sounds like TV's still suckin'.
Originally Posted by gunner500

laugh

I don't know what's more fun, Subaru threads or bad taxidermy threads!
Posted By: deflave Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

Because they don't have the athleticism to jump curbs and they were born with a dick in their mouth.

Travis
You keep on reckoning.....or reconing. Hang a pic of you driving your school bus while you're at it!
You have that directed at 5sdad , but think you were directing at me . so why do you think I drive a school bus ? Think you still pissed from all the years of riding on the short bus wink
Posted By: antlers Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

People who put lots of miles on a road bike aren't tootlin' around the neighborhood like a lot of us did when we rode bicycles as a kid. We have specialized bikes that are made specifically for riding on the road, not sidewalks. The smoother the pavement, the better. We go long distances, even up to and over 100 miles during the course of one ride. And we often go as fast as our conditioning and the environment (hills, wind, heat or cold, pavement condition, traffic, etc.) will allow us to. Averaging 20 mph or more, and going well above that sometimes. Riding on the sidewalk is not conducive to any of that. And again, good road bikes aren't made for sidewalks, they're made for the road. I can see how it would be hard to understand for folks who aren't cyclists...especially endurance cyclists...but for those folks here who do ride, and especially those who like to go long on the road, they can verify my answer to your question.

One poster mentioned earlier about a State law where he lived that required cars to give bicyclists on the road 3 feet of room when they pass em'. If they're not able to, then they just gotta wait till they can. Oklahoma has a similar law. Cyclists should get over to the right as much as they safely can, but unless it's illegal for them to ride on a particular stretch of road...they have as much right to be on it with their bicycles as you do with your car or truck.

laugh

I don't know what's more fun, Subaru threads or bad taxidermy threads!

No sheet, I TV the weather then kill that blasted sombitch.

People who put lots of miles on a road bike aren't tootlin' around the neighborhood like a lot of us did when we rode bicycles as a kid. We have specialized bikes that are made specifically for riding on the road, not sidewalks. The smoother the pavement, the better. We go long distances, even up to and over 100 miles during the course of one ride. And we often go as fast as our conditioning and the environment (hills, wind, heat or cold, pavement condition, traffic, etc.) will allow us to. Averaging 20 mph or more, and going well above that sometimes. Riding on the sidewalk is not conducive to any of that. And again, good road bikes aren't made for sidewalks, they're made for the road. I can see how it would be hard to understand for folks who aren't cyclists...especially endurance cyclists...but for those folks here who do ride, and especially those who like to go long on the road, they can verify my answer to your question.

One poster mentioned earlier about a State law where he lived that required cars to give bicyclists on the road 3 feet of room when they pass em'. If they're not able to, then they just gotta wait till they can. Oklahoma has a similar law. Cyclists should get over to the right as much as they safely can, but unless it's illegal for them to ride on a particular stretch of road...they have as much right to be on it with their bicycles as you do with your car or truck.

Holy elitist!

Too fuggin' funny...

Travis
Posted By: Old Ornery Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
The Prius drivers out in CA are the new Volvo drivers. They drive like my Grandma (and she is dead).

I like Subaru's even if the birders have adopted them. A Forster is now my hunting car.
Holy elitist!

Hardly.

Wanting cyclists to not be able to use the road is 'elitist'...as opposed to 'sharing the road', which is what cyclists want.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
I had my old short bed truck stuck ON the road above the Pack Saddle bridge. Some jerk in an old Subaru stopped beside me and ask if I was broke down. When I told him "no, stuck" the a----le laughed and drove off. Soon bought new tires. smile
Oh yeah, id, I'm all worked up!

You Missurah boys got anything besides a short bus?
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I had my old short bed truck stuck ON the road above the Pack Saddle bridge. Some jerk in an old Subaru stopped beside me and ask if I was broke down. When I told him "no, stuck" the a----le laughed and drove off. Soon bought new tires. smile

Hah! You'd think he'd relish the photo op!
In some areas no , the smart kids drive big green tractors to school
You have that directed at 5sdad , but think you were directing at me . so why do you think I drive a school bus ? Think you still pissed from all the years of riding on the short bus wink

And WTF is that? You winking at me?

Fuggin' homo!

Just cause I'm gorgeous and drive a Subaru.....
The smart ones get the fugg out of Missurah!
That's kinda funny , unless your the one stuck frown
Posted By: deerstalker Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
as far as bikes on the sidewalk goes the name is self explaining.
side WALK. imagine the carnage if a bike went down a sidewalk at 20 mph! come to think of it I have seen it happen in Venice Beach.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

For all the Subaru and bike lovers, try this...

Posted By: 5sdad Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
When I was young and stupid (I am now old), our small town (a real small town, not these 8,000 people "small towns" that you hear about)was so unsophisticated that no one ever saw anything wrong with riding bikes on the sidewalk. I believe that the general consensus was that it kept the kids out from under cars and we were, at an early age, impressed with the understanding that should you be finding yourself on the same block as someone on foot, you hopped off the bike and walked it past them.

In seventh grade, at about that time that most kids' brains melt and run out of their ears, I was tooling back home from downtown, my faithful dog racing along beside me. Suddenly (see point about brain-melt mentioned above) I was overtaken by the question of what would happen if I was to violently turn my handlebars from side to side.

In a flash, the question was answered, and I wound up pretty much combined with my bike in the front yard of a house. As I lay there, cut and bruised, wondering why these things always seemed to happen to me for no reason, my faithful dog decided that the best course of action was to grab the leg of my jeans and attempt to extricate me from my predicament, growling violently all the while.

At this point, the elderly lady whose yard I was occupying came to the door, and in her feeble voice asked, "Are you all right?"

Thinking that the truth would do no one any good, I assured her that not only was I all right, but tried to do so in a manner that would convey the impression that this was something that I had planned out to the smallest detail long before the actual execution of the plan.

After separating myself from the bike, it was apparent that after it had carried me for most of the day, it was now my turn to carry it, so I limped off toward home with all of the dignity that I could muster - my bike under my arm and my faithful dog still attached to my pant leg, shaking her head from side to side and growling.
I find it funny myself..... now. grin
5s-

Great story! Use to not be so complicated!

I once went azz over teakettle and landed in a fire ant hill. I was bloody and bruised, rolling around and whining like a girl when the little fuggers lit into me.

I wish someone had rolled video. I bet it woulda been uber!
Posted By: gmsemel Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Well my current car is a 1996 Subaru Outback 2.5L, I had it for 15 months now, been fixing things on it! It was all I could afford to buy! This winter its starts with out a hitch and its been sub zero a lot of late and the batt in it is a Wally World special that the sticker says is 5 years old, its been pretty good and it will be even better once I put a proper set of tires on it, Spring is coming and well I figure If I can get another year out of it I will be ok with it, I would never buy a new one, I like not having car payments, have not had one for 21 years now! Its got enough ground clearance to pretty much drive in on my properly and just load the deer I shoot! That in itself makes it an alright car!
Nice! I got less than 2k in mine. Hell, I've only had it 6 months or so and I figure with the gas I've saved over the F250, it's already paid for itself.

It's all gravy now.
Holy elitist!

Hardly.

Wanting cyclists to not be able to use the road is 'elitist'...as opposed to 'sharing the road', which is what cyclists want.

Share my dick.

How's that?

Fraternal Order of Not Bicyclists
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

If you dweebs would stay over on the god damn shoulder it wouldn't be such a problem.

But of course the shoulder is where it's roughest to ride so just ride out into into the ACTUAL lane where cars and semis travel 65-70mph....

Or when dweebs get real cocky and ride side by side on 'rural' highways. I popped over a hill in (remote)central MT about 80mph and here's two love birds riding side by side in matching spandex. Took up the ENTIRE lane.

Layed on the horn while swerving and thought WTF?!

Bicyclists may not have an exclusive on the Darwin Awards, but damn, some of 'em try!
I've hollered and told those staub swallowers to get a fu-kin room, they do not understand physics, gravity or momentum, I haul ninety four thousand five hundred pounds at times. shocked

I'm really getting tired on NOT trying to run over and kill idiots in the road.

If you dweebs would stay over on the god damn shoulder it wouldn't be such a problem.

But of course the shoulder is where it's roughest to ride so just ride out into into the ACTUAL lane where cars and semis travel 65-70mph....

Or when dweebs get real cocky and ride side by side on 'rural' highways. I popped over a hill in (remote)central MT about 80mph and here's two love birds riding side by side in matching spandex. Took up the ENTIRE lane.

THIS and when in a lowboy with a D-7 on with 12' blade doesn't leave much room
There's often roofing nails and broken glass and other debris way over on the shoulder too that can cause flats on a bike. I don't ride in that stuff for the same reason that you wouldn't want to drive in it. And bicycle tires on a road bike puncture a lot easier than a car or truck tire does.
If folks are riding side by side on a two lane road, they sure oughta get single file when a car or truck is coming...and if it's a busy two lane road, they shouldn't be riding side by side at all.
There's often roofing nails and broken glass and other debris way over on the shoulder too that can cause flats on a bike. I don't ride in that stuff for the same reason that you wouldn't want to drive in it. And bicycle tires on a road bike puncture a lot easier than a car or truck tire does.
If folks are riding side by side on a two lane road, they sure oughta get single file when a car or truck is coming...and if it's a busy two lane road, they shouldn't be riding side by side at all.
Try riding AGINEST traffic and see if you move over if there is so much room
Posted By: bangeye Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
So Antlers If I read your answer right right the bottom line of your answer is you can't ride on the sidewalk because basically you go faster than the pedestrians and thus it wouldn't be safe and it also would require you to slow down until you could maneuver around them safely and you can't be bothered to have to do that.

I'll tell you a little secret when someone runs over you, you don't want me on the jury when you or your estate tries to sue him because if I am, I don't care if evidence shows there are 50 empty beer cans in the floor board and the guy has two heroine needles sticking out of his arm at the time of he hit you, he's going to walk.

Gunner, that's a lot of weight. The highway is a pretty serious place.

Holton, that's a wide load.

We always move our tractor and air drill through town early in the morning when there isn't much traffic.

We always move our tractor and air drill through town early in the morning when there isn't much traffic.

about like an articulating tractor with duals
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Bicyclists may not have an exclusive on the Darwin Awards, but damn, some of 'em try!

^^^This^^^ When I'm visiting my Brother in Austin, the tree huggin bicyclists down there just damn near dare you to run over them.
Posted By: eyeball Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

Good.
Reminds me of a neighbor woman that came up to complain to dad that I drove to fast on the county dirt road.

Her: Your son drives to fast past my house, my kids play in the road.

Dad: G-Damn Jane, it's a fu-kin ROAD!!!!!, keep your damn kids outta the FU-KIN ROAD!!!!! crazy
So Antlers If I read your answer right the bottom line of your answer is you can't ride on the sidewalk because basically you go faster than the pedestrians and thus it wouldn't be safe and it also would require you to slow down until you could maneuver around them safely and you can't be bothered to have to do that.

Nope. You didn't read it right at all. Not by a long shot.
Reminds me of a neighbor woman that came up to complain to dad that I drove to fast on the county dirt road.

Dad: G-Damn Jane, it's a fu-kin ROAD!!!!!, keep your damn kids outta the FU-KIN ROAD!!!!! crazy
LMAO
Posted By: eyeball Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

This^^^, but they ard trying to show us we can travel and be earth friendly at the same time-like them.

Flaggers required for moving certain machinery.

Beats anything I'd ever heard up to that point in my life ID, gotdamn that woman was stupid.
I'll tell you a little secret when someone runs over you, you don't want me on the jury when you or your estate tries to sue him because if I am, I don't care if evidence shows there are 50 empty beer cans in the floor board and the guy has two heroine needles sticking out of his arm at the time of he hit you, he's going to walk.

laffin'

I believe ya'.
Posted By: rattler Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

lost count of how many of those types ive near taken out...they seem to think a pickup can stop in the same distance their bike can.....if your hidden by the landscape while riding down a lane and not on the shoulder on pavement marked 70mph you are riding on borrowed time...

i give as much space as possible on those doing their best to stay out of the way but some of them are doing their damndest to get themselves made into a hood ornament....

yes , been known to push the issue , blade is right at legal for here . have to put a tape on it to be 100% accurate on width
Posted By: EdM Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
You ain't seen bicyling until you have lived in Korea.
Damn Sammo and Rattler, I'd of thought the only bikes in your AO were piloted by pickeled injuns on the way to or from the package store!

yes , been known to push the issue , blade is right at legal for here . have to put a tape on it to be 100% accurate on width
trying to remember here like over 12'4" you need escort we are 11'9" with the dozer
Damn Sammo and Rattler, I'd of thought the only bikes in your AO were piloted by pickeled injuns on the way to or from the package store!

hey some of us do leave the reservation on occasion.....lots of bikers on their way down Highway 2 on their way to Glacier aswell crazy actually one of the worst places to run into these bastards is on the rez over by Brockton....the hills just east of town make it so you can pop up on a biker you had no chance of knowing was there....
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
OK, 9:30 pm on a cold and windy night and I just got home after ten miles on a bike, loaded down w/60 pounds of training weight. Through a lower income area of a big city, no helmet, no reflective gear, no lights on for most of it.

Basically, I dont really give a fugg what the rules are, on a bicycle my job is to get from point "A" to point "B" and not get run over.

My mindset is if I get hit its always my fault. Doesn't matter what the rules are, the rules ain't gonna save me from getting flattened. If I get hit its always my fault. This was the mindset that served me well on that 2,000 mile ride to New York State last summer.

Depending on what presents the lowest risk, I'll ride in the road, by the side of the road, with traffic, against traffic, or off of the pavement. Sidewalks are frequent too.

Some places I ride through after dark a helmet and bicycle gear would clearly spell "V I C T I M" so I prefer to go unseen.

As for trash in the gutter etc etc tire technology has increased by leaps and bounds. Expect to pay $50 - $70 per tire for the best ones. On that New York trip I ran Continental 700x35 Gatorskins and got exactly four flats in 2,000 miles.

Around here I run 26"x2.0" Schwalbe Plus Tours on my urban commuter 30-100 mile per week mt bike and cant recall the last time I had a flat.

The indispensable thing I gotta have is a good mirror or mirrors, I HAVE to be able to watch my six.

Works fer me, until such time as it doesn't I guess.

Birdwatcher

Birdy, ive got zero problem with those out enjoying the road and doing their thing AND hugging that damn shoulder....as i said if i got no on coming traffic ill often give them some extra room crowding the centerline so as not to blow them to bad as i cruise by at 75 plus....

its just the idiots that are way out in the lane in spots where i did not have a chance in hell of seeing them till im right there and ive got almost no time to decide to hit them the ditch or if i can take the other lane....at some point someone is gonna get killed and the idiot biker is gonna be low man on the totem pole in my decision making, especially if im not alone in the vehicle and taking the ditch means putting someone other than me at risk of rolling....
Anybody that airs the tires of their vehicle with a bicycle pump has to be part woman.

Any guy that nags guy they never met on the 'net about minutae from other threads probably suffers from low T.

After paying my road taxes a bicycle pump is all I could afford.

its just the idiots that are way out in the lane in spots where i did not have a chance in hell of seeing them till im right there and ive got almost no time to decide to hit them the ditch or if i can take the other lane....at some point someone is gonna get killed and the idiot biker is gonna be low man on the totem pole

Yep, and there's people that do that on purpose, to make a point. Near as I can tell they are all Liberals.

Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
OK, 9:30 pm on a cold and windy night and I just got home after ten miles on a bike, loaded down w/60 pounds of training weight. Through a lower income area of a big city, no helmet, no reflective gear, no lights on for most of it.

Basically, I dont really give a fugg what the rules are, on a bicycle my job is to get from point "A" to point "B" and not get run over.

My mindset is if I get hit its always my fault. Doesn't matter what the rules are, the rules ain't gonna save me from getting flattened. If I get hit its always my fault. This was the mindset that served me well on that 2,000 mile ride to New York State last summer.

Depending on what presents the lowest risk, I'll ride in the road, by the side of the road, with traffic, against traffic, or off of the pavement. Sidewalks are frequent too.

Some places I ride through after dark a helmet and bicycle gear would clearly spell "V I C T I M" so I prefer to go unseen.

As for trash in the gutter etc etc tire technology has increased by leaps and bounds. Expect to pay $50 - $70 per tire for the best ones. On that New York trip I ran Continental 700x35 Gatorskins and got exactly four flats in 2,000 miles.

Around here I run 26"x2.0" Schwalbe Plus Tours on my urban commuter 30-100 mile per week mt bike and cant recall the last time I had a flat.

The indispensable thing I gotta have is a good mirror or mirrors, I HAVE to be able to watch my six.

Works fer me, until such time as it doesn't I guess.

Birdwatcher

Good post sir!
Birdy is probably the only biker with some common sense in the state of TX
That's the way it's done.

Good on ya Bird Man!
Posted By: edk Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Not to scare the bike riders but here in North Dakota you can see for miles most of the time. People run into combines in the daytime and claim they didnt see them.These are 16 feet wide and 16 feet tall BRIGHT RED with flashers going. No way in hell i'm biking down a road. ED K
Used to run up on Amish Freightliners on Sunday morning when I was hauling gas and they were going to church. Several times we were both talking to Jesus.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Most people that drive one want to make me puke.

Key word most, not all.

Liberal bitch-mobiles.
I would almost rather be seen driving a Chevy Avalanche, almost.

I'm sure they are great cars but way to [bleep]' gay. And yes, it is possible for a car to be gay.

can't wait to tell my ole amigo Oz, "you're gay" grin

he drives his late mom's Subaru to work

damn thing was a sharp lil car till he got a hold of it, now it's beat to hell

he's hard on gear and pards, I was young and pretty and now I look too much like that damned Subaru

I could be a lesbian I think, a rough lookin one at that shocked
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
ok, ok, so you bike guys, do you wear a helmet when you ride a bike?***

***WARNING*** depending on the answer given, it might be an indicator of f agg otry...

OBG?

Do you wear your colors?

Travis

Any guy that nags guy they never met on the 'net about minutae from other threads probably suffers from low T.

Speakin' of funny schit from other threads, remember when you claimed hispanics in south Texas don't speak spanish? Goddamm, that was awesome. Even by Campfire standards.

Dave

PS- I know you work with mostly women, but men refer to it as "talking schit" or "smack" or "ribbing" or "giving a hard time."

Not "nag."
So yesterday I got home and watched several retarded Subaru videos that I found on youtube. For some reason I find them hilarious...

Anyway I didn't log into my youtube account so it was a 'new' history with new recommended videos.

This is no chit, do a search for Subaru and see what WTF else is 'recommended'.

[Linked Image]

My wife even thought it was funny and she loves the gays.
(she saved the screenshot, I don't know how)

Randy, should clarify that I don't have a problem with gays unless they ride their peddle bikes out in the highway. Just keep an eye on your buddy!

Holy fugg....

That is fuggin' hilarious. You may as well have typed "COCK" into the search bar.

Travis
Dude, you seriously can't make this chit up!
Posted By: RWE Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
swell.

you search suburu and you get a whole bunch of videos and movie excerpts of dudes making out.

What exactly does "suburu" mean in japanese?
My son didn't log out of youtube the other day. All the suggested videos were race cars and hot cartoon chicks.

I yelled out of my office and said "stop beatin' off to cartoons or you're gonna grow up to be a serial killer."

He yelled back "Ok."

Laughin'...

Travis
Well at least he wasn't whackin' off to a Subaru driving through 4" of powder.

Speaking of cartoon chicks, some very odd lookin' Japanese(?) chicks also turned up in the search.

It gets weirder by the minute.
My son didn't log out of youtube the other day. All the suggested videos were race cars and hot cartoon chicks.

I yelled out of my office and said "stop beatin' off to cartoons or you're gonna grow up to be a serial killer."

He yelled back "Ok."

Laughin'...

Travis

OK he's going to stop beating off or OK to beating off and being a serial killer?
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Here's a little ditty that shows the mentality of some of the elitist snobs that like Subaru's.
Seem's like ol Butt-u was watching the "They Lived" commercial.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9163973/Re:_Grouse_camp.#Post9163973

As far as bicycles go,,,, they need to wear helments, mandatory insurance and registration just like any other vehicle, and obey the laws.

OH,,,,, AND GET THE F U C K OUT OF THE WAY!

You mean this?

I also think more of my dogs than have them be transported around in the bed of pickup, waiting to be rear ended or subjected to a flip over.

And there you go proving my point about the majority of Subaru drivers looking down their noses at others.
If you think your dogs are any safer in the back of your station wagon than mine are in the box in the back of my truck you're delusional, and if you're implying that you "think more of your dogs" than I do mine you're just an ass-hole who 'coincidently' drives a Subaru.

You mean this?

I also think more of my dogs than have them be transported around in the bed of pickup, waiting to be rear ended or subjected to a flip over.

And there you go proving my point about the majority of Subaru drivers looking down their noses at others.
If you think your dogs are any safer in the back of your station wagon than mine are in the box in the back of my truck you're delusional, and if you're implying that you "think more of your dogs" than I do mine you're just an ass-hole who 'coincidently' drives a Subaru.

Seriously, or does the box have a topper on it?
Posted By: wageslave Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

Dude, you seriously can't make this chit up!

Holy Sheite Muslim ,
I am so glad I went Highlander instead of Forester..........
I might be cockslappin' BGG's beard right now.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

Huh, didn't figure 'Flave was old enough to be your Dad.
Avalanche or Subaru......

Which is gayer?

BTW- A Highlander? It might not mean you're gay, just that on occasion there is a cock in your mouth!
So yesterday I got home and watched several retarded Subaru videos that I found on youtube. For some reason I find them hilarious...

Anyway I didn't log into my youtube account so it was a 'new' history with new recommended videos.

[Linked Image]

Randy, should clarify that I don't have a problem with gays unless they ride their peddle bikes out in the highway. Just keep an eye on your buddy!

Holy fugg......

I think I just lost.
Originally Posted by RWE

OK he's going to stop beating off or OK to beating off and being a serial killer?

Who knows.

Travis

[Linked Image]

BAM !!! LMAO

You mean this?

Yea,,,, thanks Schrap.

Don't know why I can't get stuff to copy and paste since RB overhauled things recently.

Course there's lots of cyber stuff that out smarts me so that's not a shot at RB's hard work.
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
This thread is STILL going?!?!?

Must be too much snow up Nort to feed cows or shoot prairie dogs this week...
It may not be the Best Thread Ever.......but it's the best one going!
Posted By: battue Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Guess your ignore function quit working? Or is yours one of those pretend ignore? grin

Posted By: DocRocket Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Yep, some funny chitt for my reading pleasure this morning...

No,,, but it's not made of cardboard either.
I guarantee you it's sturdier than glass and sheet metal.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What about those farmers/ranchers running 70 with a cow dog on a flat bed.
Quick,,, someone call ASPCA and/or PETA.

Whose box are you wondering about?

Travis
THE Truck's smile

Thanks, OP gave the impression of a standard truck box, hence my question.
I put my dog's kennel in the back of the pickup.

But that's only because he's so fugging stupid he jumped out of the truck while we were driving 65mph.

Cool things about bird dogs is that when they die, you can buy another one.

Travis
How's old Pete!
THE Truck's smile

What's wrong with putting a dog in a standard box?

Travis
They jump out at 65 mph........
They jump out at 65 mph........

Well ain't you just a bleeding heart?

Travis
Usually only once, then you get a new dog...
What can I say....I drive a Lezbaru.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Prayers sent.
What can I say....I drive a Lezbaru.

Guess that keeps your cats from jumping out ? laugh
Ingwe's- Thanks for shining the lords love upon me.

id- My two cats, Melissa Ethridge and Billy Jean King, are quite happy thank you.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
[Linked Image]
See what happens when you start spanking it to cartoons.
Ingwe's- Thanks for shining the lords love upon me.

id- My two cats, Melissa Ethridge and Billy Jean King, are quite happy thank you.
Do you take the 2 of them in your handle bar basket as you pedal your bike around ?
It's a Lezbaru, id, not a bicycle.

Now get that dick outta your mouth and get those kids to school Dammit!! They gonna miss home room!!
Speakin' of funny schit from other threads, remember when you claimed hispanics in south Texas don't speak spanish? Goddamm, that was awesome. Even by Campfire standards.

I said "most"; been here near thirty years on that side of town, married into a local family, in an area that's more'n 80% Hispanic.

Maybe one in five sorta fluent, maybe one in twenty speaks it like a native.

Seriously dude, go get checked....
That is not the case in Miami, in fact, almost the exact opposite, then again, it's probably the Bell Curve axiom..

Seriously dude, go get checked....

I just did. Not a drip... Thanks for asking.

Travis
That is not the case in Miami,

It's also not the case in south Texas. But imaginations are powerful things.

Travis

Now get that dick outta your mouth and get those kids to school Dammit!! They gonna miss home room!!
Once again why is it you think I drive a school bus ? Are you just fugget up in the head from singing "wheels on the bus go round and round" while drivin the lezbaru ?
WTF do a bunch of texans and salt water mexicans have to do with Lezbarus!

Goddammit....stay on topic!
Fugget?

Well we know you don't teach english!
See what happens when you start spanking it to cartoons.

Try playing the new Mortal Kombat when nobody else is home.

You won't last five minutes.

Dave
Challenge accepted.

What do bicycles have to do with lesbians?

Travis
You ride the chit outta both and then throw them in the garage?
you know what it was gonna say , now answer the question , you can't look no more stupid than you already do

Why, the ratio of lesbo salt-water messkins to fresh water ones of course. Jeez

Once again why is it you think I drive a school bus ? Are you just fugget up in the head from singing "wheels on the bus go round and round" while drivin the lezbaru ?

And seriously, the school bus driving is what you take umbrage with in that post?

shocked

Why, the ratio of lesbo salt-water messkins to fresh water ones of course. Jeez

Hmmmm. I may have to apply the Bell Curve Axiom to figure that chit out.

And seriously, the school bus driving is what you take umbrage with in that post?

shocked
That's what you kept saying yesterday, and I have no kids at home , all grown and gone
you know what it was gonna say , now answer the question , you can't look no more stupid than you already do

Holy fugg.

Watching you try and point out stupidity is like watching a ni$$er do Chinese arithmetic!

Keep going! You're on a roll!
How's old Pete!

Thanks for asking,,,,, about the same. He ain't dead but every now and then he get's to wishing he was.
IOW,,, he's up and down. Unfortunately this morning he's down.
How's old Pete!

Thanks for asking,,,,, about the same. He ain't dead but every now and then he get's to wishing he was.
IOW,,, he's up and down. Unfortunately this morning he's down.

Give him a scritch for me.

Holy fugg.

Watching you try and point out stupidity is like watching a ni$$er do Chinese arithmetic!

Keep going! You're on a roll!
Just as I figured you can't P.S. get back on the meds , you'll be happier in the long run
Yeah, it's a good tool. Right now I'm trying to research if there is a correlation with the size of meat curtains to lezbos OR ethnicity or both. I'm betting Nordic types have more meat curtain volume in order to keep their snatches warmer, which in turn attracts lezbos cause there's more down there. Make sense or does it relate to the size of truck boxes (to stay on topic)?
All I know is those African Hottentot womens have some SERIOUS roast beef hangin'.

They could furrow a field just walking in a straight line!

Yea,,, it wasn't really about the box or car anyway.
Just another one of the resident self centered blowhard's who was upset that a Grouse was killed without him being the center of attention and felt some unexplainable need to prove how much more he thought of his dog than I do mine.

You know how it goes when you question a man's devotion to his hunting dogs.
Sub titled; don't start chit and there won't be any.
If I had to go bird hunting in a Subaru with two dogs in the back, I'd put my Benelli to my head and pull the trigger.

Travis
Wanna go bird hunting in my Subaru?
Wanna go bird hunting in my Subaru?

No thanks. I don't wanna end up on Sam's "previously viewed" list.

Dave
I do!
I do!

I think the birds are wild.

Travis
I knew it was game over after he posted that.

Fuggin' hilarious!
Load 'er up Jorge! Wild quail in the Blues!

I do!

I think the birds are wild.

Travis

It's OK, I can write a check for them anyway.
Load 'er up Jorge! Wild quail in the Blues!

great! especially if you live in a place called "Hooter" I'm an expert on those..
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
wife has a forester, nra & buckmark sticker to ....IF YOU ARE DOGGING OUT THE SUBARU owners you better NOT have a pickup truck with out a 8' bed ....under 8' = GAY , hairy pogo stick chasing looser
Does my '93 Dodge diesel, bought new before every wannabe redneck had to have a truck, offset my '96 Subaru? The Subaru has a Romney/ Ryan sticker, replaced the McCain/Palin, on the back glass. Sure hope so, I do not want to replace hair pie with "balls across the nose". Nope won't do it, can't do it, help, Was always secure but this thread???? Just got back from 223AI I'm OK, no doubt now, that was scary. Hope the damn thing dies soon, maybe it wont pass inspection. If I put a Playboy under the seat will that help? No it will bring out the lesbo. Thats OK at least we will agree on something.
I hear ya!

I have an F250 and a Subaru.

So confusing.....

switch hitter.
Originally Posted by RWE

switch hitter.

Fence rider. smile
I am on the fence. He is on the post. Sorry B. had to do it.
Sir, your expertise on all things Texas has been widely noted.

laugh Damn man! That's cold! (The comment, not the fence post. That's warm now)

laugh Damn man! That's cold! (The comment, not the fence post. That's warm now)

Just, ewwwww. laugh
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by RWE

switch hitter.

Fence rider. smile

Mugwump.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
I detest Subarus, and look askance an anyone driving them. Down here, the vast majority you see in a Subaru are either lefty whack jobs or lesbians.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
January 2007 stopped at a Gas Station on I-85 in SC with my 2003 Outback(car had zero bumper stickers,window stickers etc) 110 Qt Igloo cooler filled with Alabama Deer , camo clothing and 2 treestands crammed in the back. While I am filling the car some guy walks up and asks me why in the world would you want to vote for Obama. I told him to GFY. He backed off and went back to his car.

it was not long before that bastid was gone car I mean
Was recently down in Fla and a friend was driving down the street when a squirrel decided to cross in front of him. Squirrel didn't make it.

A guy walking on the sidewalk yelled at him when he stopped at the sign; "Why didn't you stop, don't you know they are endangered."

Can I say he was a representative of all Floridians. Don't pull the Yankee chit on me. Yankees know squirrels are not endangered. grin

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I detest Subarus, and look askance an anyone driving them. Down here, the vast majority you see in a Subaru are either lefty whack jobs or lesbians.

Why in the holy fugg would somebody buy a Subaru in Florida?

Travis
Posted By: TexasPhotog Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
They're probably the same "gals" that wear plaid flannel shirts and logger boots in Florida.
I saw a couple in cowboy boots that were more than easy on the eye.
I saw a couple in cowboy boots that were more than easy on the eye.

Squirrels? Or dudes?

Travis
No, there were a couple cattle ranches close by and these were definitely cowgirls. Big old pickups and all. Must admit none were driving a Subaru.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

Travis

Same reason people wear a tie to a job interview,,, to look the part. laugh
Sir, your expertise on all things Texas has been widely noted.

I obviously learned more about Texas in six years than you have in 30.

You must be MENSES too.

Travis
Posted By: add Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

Travis

To get Mannlicher detested and to be looked askanced by him?

Travis

A Subaru owner and has a job they have to wear a tie at crazy sounds ubber gay
Originally Posted by add

I think if I spent much time with Mannlicher I'd commit suicide.

Travis
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
I'm with Travis. You don't need to be in TexAss very long to learn all you want to know about Texass'n
Can you use ubber and gay in the same sentance?
Posted By: add Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
Originally Posted by add

I think if I spent much time with Mannlicher I'd commit suicide.

Travis

Like too much daily sunshine would be a bad thing...

Absolutely.

Example: Using a bicycle pump to air the tires on your vehicle is UBER-gay.

Dave
Is Megafag any better ?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15

Travis

A Subaru owner and has a job they have to wear a tie at crazy sounds ubber gay

Or at least a metrosexual grin
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I'm with Travis. You don't need to be in TexAss very long to learn all you want to know about Texass'n

You do if you're stupid.

Dave
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
There's that.

W. Bill

Absolutely.

Example: Using a bicycle pump to air the tires on your vehicle is UBER-gay.

Dave

What about your lawn mower!
Is Megafag any better ?

Yes it kinda is, sounds more derogatory.
Posted By: barnold Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/27/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5mHPo2yDG8

This is one of the best commercials ever... I would never buy any Pepsi product... and I wouldn't be caught dead in a Subaru... Unless I died in my truck going through a Subaru.
Originally Posted by barnold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5mHPo2yDG8

This is one of the best commercials ever... I would never buy any Pepsi product... and I wouldn't be caught dead in a Subaru... Unless I died in my truck going through a Subaru.

Never seen that before , now that was some funny chit !!
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/28/15
...or not....
Posted By: 700LH Re: Subaru Commercials - 02/28/15

Not real sure the Lezbaru bicycle people care others think

[Linked Image]

Posted By: auk1124 Re: Subaru Commercials - 09/03/21
Got behind this guy at lunch today. At least he's being honest.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Papag Re: Subaru Commercials - 09/03/21
If they are that reliable I'd think the mechanic would hate them.
© 24hourcampfire