Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Czech_Made

That is their problem, not mine. Not giving enough space when passing, riding bumpers like some demented freak, using huge pickup to commute back and forth to government office job - thats daily reality in Northern Virginia.

I think your issues have more to do with the area you live in, than the vehicle itself.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Lots of people love them

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/research/consumer-reports-announces-the-2015-people%e2%80%99s-pick/ss-BBhSDpk?ocid=iehp

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Originally Posted by srwshooter
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Standard on all models Subaru...

[Linked Image]

ya gota be a [bleep] to buy one to.

That's not a Subaru. Looks Honda or Acura.

Holy chit that's funny. Almost as good as dumb Dons pic of a jammed action that happened to be CRF.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The queerest thing about this thread is learning that big, tough, manly men make decisions on which car to drive not based on performance, personal needs, or reliability, but on commercials. Really? Learn to think for yourselves, now that's manly.

I am sure you have seen the movie "Sleepless In Seattle...

Well, this guy hasn't...

[Linked Image]

Ha, ha, ha, boy that sure is funny right there. whistle I shot with a fella who had a big Red Ford 250 4x4. Prettiest dang thing you ever wanted to see. He waxed it every week. No dirt on the carpeting. Never had anything in the bed. Not a scratch anywhere. He was so proud. Felt real manly too when he babied that thing, I'm sure. My Subarus saw more work and action than that babied "truck". He would never take it off of a paved road or put anything in it. I've hauled hay, composted manure, building supplies, crated pheasants for stocking etc etc etc in the back of my Subaru and gone off road in fields while goose hunting. It looks it too.

In my experience, those guys most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

5sdad Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
...In my experience, those guys most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

There is a lot of validity in that observation.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

That is their problem, not mine. Not giving enough space when passing, riding bumpers like some demented freak, using huge pickup to commute back and forth to government office job - thats daily reality in Northern Virginia.

I think your issues have more to do with the area you live in, than the vehicle itself.

Travis

you are right, just like this driver is doing it because of the area he lives in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
This thread is hilarious. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't give [bleep] what he drives. I drive a 2009 chevy cause I got a hell of a deal on it. I also drive the ugliest honda ever made, 2003 element back and forth to work and I also goose and duck hunt out of it. If I had my rathers I would be in a toyota truck and my beater would be something that got better mileage. If I'm fishing I drive my old 95 wrangler cause it gets me to places most anything else can't.

If it starts and runs and gets me from A to B I don't give a $hit what's on the grill, but I don't give a $hit about most things, so.

Marketing is for weak minded people. There's nobody gonna talk me out of my money if it doesn't suit my needs, and if I were in marketing I would pitch my vehicles to [bleep], dykes and whoever else had money to spend. Now if what Sharpnel said was true and subaru donates money to the anti's then I wouldnt contribute to that cause by buying a new one. I'm in the same mindset as him when it comes to my money funding idiots and their causes.

I have a few companies I don't buy from despite the quality being very good. Kahr is one of them. I don't support cults and I won't drink samual adams cause they love homos.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by 5sdad
...In my experience, those guys most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

There is a lot of validity in that observation.

That's worth ten pages, easily.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

you are right, just like this driver is doing it because of the area he lives in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdDxjge5hmY

I posted that actually.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

You mean like the LUMBERSEXUALS??

[Linked Image]

- Rogue
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ingwe
And in Bozeman if you are driving a Subaru it is a city ordinance that the dog in the back must be a lab. If it is a male it must be named "Bridger" and if it is female it must be named " Madison".

This is not an optional program.

And the Luggage rack must have a Yakima Space Pod thingy on it.

You neglected to mention the RMEF Bumper Sticker, too.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What I'm talking about is about character, not fashion, trends or labels. It may or may not apply to the gents pictured. Unless I have to interact with them on some level, I really don't care and speculation is a waste of time.

Last edited by cooper57m; 02/24/15.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by seal_billy

Marketing is for weak minded people.

Pretty much.

Doesn't Harley make nearly as much on the promotional accessories/gear as they do on the bikes?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
most worried about looking/acting all manly are the biggest pussies I've met. Either one is a real man and doesn't give a [bleep] about perception or he's a real pussy, more concerned about projecting manliness than being a real one.

You mean like the LUMBERSEXUALS??

[Linked Image]

My god, SHAKING MY HEAD

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've owned a couple of Subaru 4x4 wagons, a 1983 when I was in grad school and a 2002 for my daughter to drive. Very reliable and good in snow, with good tires that is. I drove the 1983 for two years, about 20K miles, and sold it for $1K more than I paid for it, but I had put $1.5K into it for struts, shocks, tires, and brakes. That said, I figure that $500 for 20K miles is $0.025 per mile, pretty cheap transportation.

EDIT: I had a Thule Combibox on the 1983 wagon, but it wasn't long enough inside to haul my 223cm and 220cm Downhill racing skis. Those traveled inside with the trails on the dash and the tips back near the liftgate. I once heard, don't know if it was true, that Subaru was, maybe still is, the most popular make in Colorado and Vermont because of their "go in snow" reputation.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Now if what Sharpnel Shrapnel said was true and subaru donates money to the anti's then I wouldnt contribute to that cause by buying a new one. I'm in the same mindset as him when it comes to my money funding idiots and their causes.

Shrapnel's statement was indeed true, as far as it goes... Subaru has been donating money to the ASPCA for the past 7 years. The company supports 4 national charities, including the ASPCA (the others are the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Meals On Wheels, and the National Parks Foundation), as well as 600+ local charities to a total of $15 million per year. When you buy a new Subaru, the company will donate $250 on your behalf to the charity of your choice within that group.

ASPCA's policy statement on hunting states that:

"The ASPCA is opposed to hunting animals for sport, even if the animals killed in this way are subsequently consumed..."

Now, I REALLY don't like the ASPCA because of its anti-hunting stance, and I don't give them money as a result even though they help operate a lot of pet shelters, which is something I approve of. But I really DO like the work done by Meals-on-Wheels, and sort of like Make-A-Wish and the National Parks Foundation. So 3 of their 4 national charities are OK or better, in my book.

So: Subaru has pledged to donate $15 million this year to charity. About half of that money goes to local charities, and the other half is split four ways among national charities, one of which I strongly oppose. At most, the ASPCA will get about $1.875 million from Subaru, not one dollar of which will be "mine" if I buy a Subaru this year, because I'll designate my money to go to the local pet shelter.

I can live with that.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Since I've never bought a new Subaru, no portion of the amount paid went to an anti-hunting organization, unless the seller made a donation from the $$ that I paid to him/her.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buy it used and skip the donations altogether.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
LOL, looks like quite few pickup drivers found themselves in my post.

I apologize for their bruised ego, there was on offense intended.

If I was born in a country that considered this mass transit, I'd likely have the same opinion.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Steelhead
LOL, looks like quite few pickup drivers found themselves in my post.

I apologize for their bruised ego, there was on offense intended.

If I was born in a country that considered this mass transit, I'd likely have the same opinion.

[Linked Image]

Too fucgkin' funny.

Dave

Page 4 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1lesfox, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 51 invisible), 2,935 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,605
Posts18,532,691
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.