Home
Posted By: FishinHank Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Who is going to win? I really want to see Rousey get knocked off the high horse she has been riding around on. No doubt she is an elite fighter but I still want to see her get beat.

What say you?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Only way Cat beats Ronda is to land a a lucky punch and KO her. I predict Ronda breaks Kat's arm in the 2nd round.
But I'm also betting this is the toughest opponent Ronda has ever faced in the Octagon.

What does it cost for the Pay per View Feed ? Might just have to pay it, for this one.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Yep,,,, arrogant bitch and I know I'll catch hell for this but I don't think she's anywhere near as pretty as she thinks she is.

Zingano just as good looking if not better and seems pretty humble,,,, For Now....
Posted By: byc Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
60 bucks! I'll read about it!

Sure is nice when Fox carries on regular broadcast.

BTW Rousey wins!
Originally Posted by byc
60 bucks! I'll read about it!

Sure is nice when Fox carries on regular broadcast.

Dam!!! I'm not paying that much, David!
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Me neither!
Yup...we should be at Dan's house. Could be having meatloaf, playing cards and watching the fight.

Rousey is Dan's gal so I know he's got his card playing buddies kicking in 10 a piece for the fight. grin
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Rousey...sooo pretty.
That would be cool!
I would toss in a 10 spot without hesitation to watch the fights but 60 is more than I want to drop on it.
Posted By: Deerwhacker444 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Not paying $60 unless there's lots of Jello involved.!
I'd pay Ronda $60 bucks wink
http://www.christianpost.com/news/u...o-online-ppv-start-time-schedule-134907/

Not sure what all of that "free" means. Going to try and figure it out. Ironic that it's on a "Christian" URL.
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
I wouldn't pay $60 unless they were on the mat with strap ons

An entirely different type of submission hold......sorta
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
So who's going to drop $90 for Mayweather/Pacquiao ?
All the preliminary fights were a bust tonight. Most lasted only a few minutes, and one fight was called because of an eye poke.

One fighter was completely choked out before the Ref stopped the fight.
Meisha Tate predicts Ronda wins with an arm bar in the 1st round. She's still scared after Ronda kicked her ass in the last fight.
I hope it isn't that fast.....Ronda is a one trick pony for the most part. If you can defend the armbar you can last more than one round with her.
Is it over yet ? I couldn't get the internet live feed to work
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Here in Idaho I believe the fight is $45 or $50 if you don't go for HD. I was out at a fund raiser (just got home) so didn't buy it.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Rousey in 14 seconds..
Posted By: SandBilly Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Here in Idaho I believe the fight is $45 or $50 if you don't go for HD. I was out at a fund raiser (just got home) so didn't buy it.

You're luckier than me, what a waste of 50.00 bucks. You'd think I'd learn..
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
it was 50 bucks here too in non HD..when Zingano charged out at Rousey I knew it would soon be over..wouldnt have guessed 14 seconds tho.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
There was some major money won on that fight.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/2/2...ower-zingano-ppv-points-million-mma-news
Wow! 14 seconds!!! Glad I didn't spend the $60 bucks. Nobody's gonna want to fight Ronda now!
Posted By: Moses Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
How good would she be if you banned the arm bar? Boring. That is all she does?
Posted By: JimH Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by Moses
I bet that was the most un-boring 14 seconds of that other gals life!Like her or not,got to admit she is a total bad azz and extremely confident.
Posted By: Moses Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
No doubt.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by rosco1
Rousey in 14 seconds..

Thats how she stays so good looking...no one ever gets the chance to lay a glove on her grin
Betting Dan is a happy camper today!
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by JimH
I bet that was the most un-boring 14 seconds of that other gals life!Like her or not,got to admit she is a total bad azz and extremely confident.

Didn't she win the two previous via KO?
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15

That is like saying a great boxer is a one trick pony because he has a powerful jab or cross. You find a weakness then exploit it. Her judo skills are far and above her competitors level. They need to spend more time learning how to stay off the ground. Then they stay away from an arm bar.

The last I heard, the object was to win within the rules. Did she ?
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by JimH

Didn't she win the two previous via KO?

Yes, she did.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15

She typically beats the crap out of girls, throws them (her Judo is amazing), then gets the arm bar. She is a very well rounded fighter, just has a nasty arm bar that works well to finish fights. And her last 2 wins were via TKO...
Posted By: Ringman Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
In her eleven fights she's been in the octagon less than twenty-five minutes. Her longest fight lasted till the third round.
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
This thread is worthless without pictures.
Posted By: MojoHand Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Instead of trying to copy and paste them all....here ya go.

Rowdy Rhonda
Posted By: curdog4570 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
DAYUMMMMM .

I am VERY much obliged to you.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4UhqVgiRNU&feature=youtu.be
Thanks HW. 14 seconds goes fast!

Zing never had a chance the way she went out charging.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
That flying knee didn't work out too by well!
Posted By: sactoller Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/01/15
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Instead of trying to copy and paste them all....here ya go.

Rowdy Rhonda

She can tug on my arm anytime!

whistle
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/02/15

Yea. This move could certainly come in handy.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/02/15
I'd be surprised if she didn't dislocate Zinganos shoulder. Man that was a tough angle. cry
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/02/15

But I don't think I've known a chick that can look so hot and then look so retarded.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BMT Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/02/15
As for PPV:

Got to http://bars.ufc.com/

I watched for "free" at Buffalo Wild Wings.

(I bet on Rousey but lost all other bets and had to buy).

Still, no cover and no PPV.

BMT
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/02/15
I am easily entertained.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I am easily entertained.

[Linked Image]

Hokey smokes..Daddy like
Posted By: XL5 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
Appreciating Ronda Rousey requires only a few seconds of your time

By Chuck Mindenhall on Mar 1, 2015, 2:08p

Ronda Rousey is from De Mars, women are from Venus. There’s a distinction to be made there, because at this time in the fight game it’s Rousey and the rest of the gender. It’s to the point that when Rousey said her mother, AnnMarie De Mars, once submitted somebody with an armbar in a single second, the inclination wasn’t to say that’s impossible, but to wonder what sector of Hell this band of marauders crawled out from.

Rousey needed only 14 seconds to tap out Cat Zingano on Saturday night at UFC 184, which was a UFC record for fastest finish in a title fight. Zingano was supposed to be "a real challenge." Her motivation to beat Rousey required nine harrowing pages in ESPN The Magazine, and the promos were suggesting that Zingano might have better striking and could very possibly have more strength than the Original Mean. Some gullibles took the bait, but how many Mike Tyson comparisons do we need to realize that Rousey fights don’t need to sell challengers at all?

Marketing her merely requires victims in the abstract. Fresh meat to slide under the door. Sacrifices. Volunteers for ass kickings. Just like back in Tyson’s day, when the idea that he was the scariest man alive was more than enough to tune in.

Only, the thing is -- although I suppose you could make a case that De Mars and Tyson’s old trainer Cus D’Amato do share a near mystical ability to instill their charges with total and complete self-belief -- those comparisons are a little off, too. Even for as ferocious (and impetuous) as Tyson was, he was the continuation of something long in place. He was a revival -- a savage revival, to be sure, but a revival -- for a new generation of boxing fans. Not to mention he was a he in the unbending world of traditional fight game givens.

Rousey’s the first in her generation (or any) to not only construct the walls, but to tear them down. She single-handedly created a women’s division in the UFC, then smashed through whatever reservations were out there. It’s almost like we don’t know how to deal with her at all. We’re still in the process of figuring it out. In MMA, there’s rarely a case where somebody is so far ahead of the competitive curve that you just sort of marvel at the curve itself. And after 11 pro fights, there are more stories to be found in her wake than there are on her horizon.

Because, what is her horizon? Is it a fight with Bethe Correia? Cyborg? Holly Holm? Arianny Celeste? Bryan Caraway? Michael Spinks? In the post-fight wrap-up show on Fox Sports 1, Miesha Tate was being hoisted back up the flagpole as a possibility because she "lasted longest in the cage" than anybody else with Rousey. That’s where we’re at. "Who can last longest" is the new game within the game. Just to stand in the Octagon with Rousey becomes its own historic occurrence. Everybody in her weight class wants nothing more than to be the one to beat her. But at some point, once she’s inspired a generation of young girls to come and take her place, you get a sense that all the Tates and Zinganos and Liz Carmouches will be proud of the fact that they, way back when, stood across from "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey.

She’s that kind of game-changer.

The more we see of her, the more it seems like Rousey’s horizon is to be the standard by which women in this sport measure greatness. It’s undeniably true that she came along at the right time and place, but what makes her transcendent is that she created her time and place…that she forced the time to be now, and the place to be within those eight walls. In the simplest terms possible, she’s taken a male-dominated sport by the balls. And now she’s rearranging the culture.

Saturday night in Los Angeles was another reminder of the gap between Rousey and everyone else in the basic area of simply competing. Zingano waited more than a year to finally get in there with Rousey, only to last 14 seconds. She came flying across the cage at the opening bell. Then chaos. After a manic sequence, she found herself on her stomach with her arm being torn from the shoulder joints. It was fast, furious, and vicious, but it wasn’t anticlimactic. There was reassurance that all the hype landed somewhere so crazy. You saw everything you needed to in those few seconds.

Namely, that Ronda Rousey mercilessly destroyed another opponent and, in so doing, left the playing field that much farther behind.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
Fun read.
Posted By: FishinHank Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
There is this.......

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 007FJ Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
That is so wrong.
Posted By: Buzz Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
Until women's MMA improves drastically - I'd rather see them on the undercard. Rousey is certainly a very impressive fighter but part of that is that women's MMA in general is extremely weak and IMO boring to watch. I have no idea what Zigano's game plan was but she couldn't have picked a worse tactic to go charging at someone and falling right into the plan of going to the ground. Joe Rogan went full retard over the weekend claiming that Rousey could beat 50% of the men in the UFC Bantamweight Division. I'm not sure if he was high when he said it or just being a shill for his UFC bossman.

I can remember the days when every PPV UFC had one or two championship fights and the rest were still significant fights. Lately many of the PPV events have been duds. The last free UFC fight night was a much better card than this one IMO.
I can remember the days when every PPV UFC had one or two championship fights and the rest were still significant fights. Lately many of the PPV events have been duds. The last free UFC fight night was a much better card than this one IMO.

I purchased every PPV since UFC started. I don't agree with you.

As far as what Joe said, I agree completely.
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
So, how is a winner determined? I didn't see Zingano tap out. What did I miss?
Posted By: Buzz Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
Originally Posted by Ringman

I purchased every PPV since UFC started. I don't agree with you.

As far as what Joe said, I agree completely.

Joe who - Rogan? You've got to be kidding...
Reloader28, the tap.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
Originally Posted by Reloder28

She tapped out; left hand, and fast!
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
She definitely got her bell rung.
Posted By: byc Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/03/15
Round 2

Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/04/15
I can't wait to see Ronda pound her next opponent.

Even though she is EXTREMLY good at judo and the arm bar, she is far from a one trick pony.
She has done a lot for the popularity of UFC. The only problem with Ronda now, is finding an opponent who's willing to get in the Octagon with her.
Posted By: Pahntr760 Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/04/15
She would eat 'Cyborg's' lunch...
Posted By: Buzz Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/04/15
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
She would eat 'Cyborg's' lunch...

Not going to happen... Just like the other superfights that never happened. Cyborg isn't going to cut to 135# and Rousey isn't going to move up to 145 (which doesn't even exist in the UFC). Cyborg is just too big to cut to 135# it seems. Not sure where 10# would come out of this, especially when they say she cuts 25# to make 145.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

She has done a lot for the popularity of UFC. The only problem with Ronda now, is finding an opponent who's willing to get in the Octagon with her.

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of people who are willing to fight her. The problem seems to finding enough female fighters that have the talent to be worthy of a main card billing. What will they do next? Just try to recycle the other people that have lost previously? Throw Juliana Pena into the fire? They don't exactly have a deep roster of talent to draw from. Not yet anyway.
Posted By: rattler Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/04/15
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Reloder28

She tapped out; left hand, and fast!

having hyperextended a couple joints more than a few times, including one that staid that way for bout 30 seconds, it blows my mind how long alot of these fighters can hold out of the joint holds....the alarm bells that flash in your mind are immediate,loud and hard to ignore.....plus hurts like hell, much more so than a solid punch or kick....
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/04/15

thanks hw, obliged for that clip
Posted By: BMT Re: Rousey vs Zingano - 03/04/15
Watch Ronda's speed here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8ID2qyb2vE

Spooky quick.

BMT
© 24hourcampfire