-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That flying knee didn't work out too by well!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MojoHand
Instead of trying to copy and paste them all....here ya go.

Rowdy Rhonda

She can tug on my arm anytime!

whistle

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yea. This move could certainly come in handy.

[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'd be surprised if she didn't dislocate Zinganos shoulder. Man that was a tough angle. cry

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

But I don't think I've known a chick that can look so hot and then look so retarded.

[Linked Image]

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B2

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
As for PPV:

Got to http://bars.ufc.com/

I watched for "free" at Buffalo Wild Wings.

(I bet on Rousey but lost all other bets and had to buy).

Still, no cover and no PPV.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I am easily entertained.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by supercrewd
I am easily entertained.

[Linked Image]

Hokey smokes..Daddy like

XL5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Appreciating Ronda Rousey requires only a few seconds of your time

By Chuck Mindenhall on Mar 1, 2015, 2:08p

Ronda Rousey is from De Mars, women are from Venus. There’s a distinction to be made there, because at this time in the fight game it’s Rousey and the rest of the gender. It’s to the point that when Rousey said her mother, AnnMarie De Mars, once submitted somebody with an armbar in a single second, the inclination wasn’t to say that’s impossible, but to wonder what sector of Hell this band of marauders crawled out from.

Rousey needed only 14 seconds to tap out Cat Zingano on Saturday night at UFC 184, which was a UFC record for fastest finish in a title fight. Zingano was supposed to be "a real challenge." Her motivation to beat Rousey required nine harrowing pages in ESPN The Magazine, and the promos were suggesting that Zingano might have better striking and could very possibly have more strength than the Original Mean. Some gullibles took the bait, but how many Mike Tyson comparisons do we need to realize that Rousey fights don’t need to sell challengers at all?

Marketing her merely requires victims in the abstract. Fresh meat to slide under the door. Sacrifices. Volunteers for ass kickings. Just like back in Tyson’s day, when the idea that he was the scariest man alive was more than enough to tune in.

Only, the thing is -- although I suppose you could make a case that De Mars and Tyson’s old trainer Cus D’Amato do share a near mystical ability to instill their charges with total and complete self-belief -- those comparisons are a little off, too. Even for as ferocious (and impetuous) as Tyson was, he was the continuation of something long in place. He was a revival -- a savage revival, to be sure, but a revival -- for a new generation of boxing fans. Not to mention he was a he in the unbending world of traditional fight game givens.

Rousey’s the first in her generation (or any) to not only construct the walls, but to tear them down. She single-handedly created a women’s division in the UFC, then smashed through whatever reservations were out there. It’s almost like we don’t know how to deal with her at all. We’re still in the process of figuring it out. In MMA, there’s rarely a case where somebody is so far ahead of the competitive curve that you just sort of marvel at the curve itself. And after 11 pro fights, there are more stories to be found in her wake than there are on her horizon.

Because, what is her horizon? Is it a fight with Bethe Correia? Cyborg? Holly Holm? Arianny Celeste? Bryan Caraway? Michael Spinks? In the post-fight wrap-up show on Fox Sports 1, Miesha Tate was being hoisted back up the flagpole as a possibility because she "lasted longest in the cage" than anybody else with Rousey. That’s where we’re at. "Who can last longest" is the new game within the game. Just to stand in the Octagon with Rousey becomes its own historic occurrence. Everybody in her weight class wants nothing more than to be the one to beat her. But at some point, once she’s inspired a generation of young girls to come and take her place, you get a sense that all the Tates and Zinganos and Liz Carmouches will be proud of the fact that they, way back when, stood across from "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey.

She’s that kind of game-changer.

The more we see of her, the more it seems like Rousey’s horizon is to be the standard by which women in this sport measure greatness. It’s undeniably true that she came along at the right time and place, but what makes her transcendent is that she created her time and place…that she forced the time to be now, and the place to be within those eight walls. In the simplest terms possible, she’s taken a male-dominated sport by the balls. And now she’s rearranging the culture.

Saturday night in Los Angeles was another reminder of the gap between Rousey and everyone else in the basic area of simply competing. Zingano waited more than a year to finally get in there with Rousey, only to last 14 seconds. She came flying across the cage at the opening bell. Then chaos. After a manic sequence, she found herself on her stomach with her arm being torn from the shoulder joints. It was fast, furious, and vicious, but it wasn’t anticlimactic. There was reassurance that all the hype landed somewhere so crazy. You saw everything you needed to in those few seconds.

Namely, that Ronda Rousey mercilessly destroyed another opponent and, in so doing, left the playing field that much farther behind.

Alle Fähigkeit ist vergeblich, wenn ein Engel in Ihrem Notenloch uriniert
-- old German proverb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fun read.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
There is this.......

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
That is so wrong.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Until women's MMA improves drastically - I'd rather see them on the undercard. Rousey is certainly a very impressive fighter but part of that is that women's MMA in general is extremely weak and IMO boring to watch. I have no idea what Zigano's game plan was but she couldn't have picked a worse tactic to go charging at someone and falling right into the plan of going to the ground. Joe Rogan went full retard over the weekend claiming that Rousey could beat 50% of the men in the UFC Bantamweight Division. I'm not sure if he was high when he said it or just being a shill for his UFC bossman.

I can remember the days when every PPV UFC had one or two championship fights and the rest were still significant fights. Lately many of the PPV events have been duds. The last free UFC fight night was a much better card than this one IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can remember the days when every PPV UFC had one or two championship fights and the rest were still significant fights. Lately many of the PPV events have been duds. The last free UFC fight night was a much better card than this one IMO.

I purchased every PPV since UFC started. I don't agree with you.

As far as what Joe said, I agree completely.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So, how is a winner determined? I didn't see Zingano tap out. What did I miss?

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman

I purchased every PPV since UFC started. I don't agree with you.

As far as what Joe said, I agree completely.

Joe who - Rogan? You've got to be kidding...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Reloader28, the tap.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
So, how is a winner determined? I didn't see Zingano tap out. What did I miss?

She tapped out; left hand, and fast!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
She definitely got her bell rung.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Round 2

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 64 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,031
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.