Home
Posted By: CrimsonTide Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
I got a text message last night that said we had a Trooper killed.

I had already gotten off work, so was scrambling around trying to find out what happened and where.

Post 1, Mayfield, is our most far West. Trooper Eric K. Chrisman was patrolling Marshall County, looking for an impaired driver that had been called in to Post.

From the sketchy details I have been told, he spotted the car going the opposite direction and tried to turn on it. Whether he hydroplaned or failed to see an oncoming tractor trailer is unknown to me at this time.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

E.K. Chrisman had graduated from the KSP Academy in January, 2015. He had 6 months of service. He was 23 years old.

He is survived by his parents, and two siblings, along with a host of his brothers and sisters in Gray.

I struggled a bit last night to make heads or tails of it. Glad that he had not been killed in a violent encounter, but saddened that he had lost his life because of target fixation, or because of lack of experience driving under less than favorable conditions.

Mostly I was bummed because he was just a kid. Whatever potential he had, was gone in a blink.

As an old dinosaur, I hate to see talent lost, and grieve for my "little brother" who left us before he got a chance to see and do so many good things.

Then I thanked God that the kid had a chance to fulfill his dream. Thanked him again that he spared me through all those Mountains and valleys, and toasted Trooper E.K. Chrisman with a glass of Elmer T. Lee.

Rest in Peace, little brother.

Posted By: rockchucker Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Hate to read posts like that.
The job is dangerous in many different ways,
Posted By: BlackHunter Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
I am very sorry for your loss.
Posted By: RWL99 Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Then I thanked God that the kid had a chance to fulfill his dream. Thanked him again that he spared me through all those Mountains and valleys, and toasted Trooper E.K. Chrisman with a glass of Elmer T. Lee.

Rest in Peace, little brother.

Amen

http://redwhiteandbourbon.com/2013/03/24/review-elmer-t-lee/
Posted By: lastround Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
CT, that's a sad loss for all State Troopers, but especially here in Kentucky. Condolences to all.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Damn Joel...my prayers are all involved...including his blue family.

Posted By: EvilTwin Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Originally Posted by rockchucker
[Linked Image]

My feelings exactly. Sorry Joel. I will toast him with Kentuckys finest.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Joel,

I always hate to hear this kind of news and more so when it's a younger person. Not only was a life cut short, but so often, they leave behind a too young widow and children.

My thoughts and prayers to you, his immediate family, and the larger LE family, all who have to grieve with the loss.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Prayers sent from here, to all those affected.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
That is a loss for all of us. Prayers sent from N.C.
Posted By: RickyD Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
This is really unfortunate! What a waste of precious youth. Sorry for your loss. Prayers offered for all close to him.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Prayers on the way.
Posted By: mikeymjr23 Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Prayers to all involved. I thank God everyday for the men and women who wear the badge.
Posted By: g5m Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
CrimsonTide, thank you for the post..
I,too, am saddened by the loss life.
My sincere condolences to the Trooper's family and friends.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Joel, sorry to hear this too. We had a young Trooper gunned down a couple years ago. Its never easy.Its worse with the young ones.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Condolences to the Family and the Kentucky State Police for the loss of one of their own... as said, how can one justify it happening at such a young age...

I pray for the protection of all Troopers out there as they protect and serve their communities, regardless of what state they serve....

and that goes for all LE officers and especially our campfire brethren...

may the Good Lord watch over you and protect you as you do your daily jobs.. and bring you home safely...
Posted By: 4ager Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Condolences to the family of Trooper Chrisman and to the KSP.
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a dedicated young man. We had a young trooper, who lived just a couple miles from our place, die in a very stupid, tragic situation. About a week later his wife and four kids sat in the front row at church, weeping. You could almost hear their hearts breaking.

Godspeed Trooper!
Posted By: T LEE Re: Line of Duty Death. - 06/24/15
May he rest in peace and patrol the highways of heaven.
© 24hourcampfire