Home
My jury duty this week is officially over. I was elected jury foreperson. Here were the charges: Count 1 - Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Count 2 - Tampering with evidence.

We found the individual guilty on both counts and the jury, 3 men and 9 women, sentenced as follows: Count 1 - 99 years plus $10,000 fine. Count 2 - 20 years and $10,000 fine. The individual will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.

Before anyone reacts to that, here's something to think about. The individual, age 44, had previously been arrested at least 44 times that were documented. Of that number, 27 were assaultive offenses, including a prior conviction for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. All but one of those arrests/convictions were in California. Just think about that for a moment...
Dimocrap lives dont matter?
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
My jury duty this week is officially over. I was elected jury foreperson. Here were the charges: Count 1 - Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. Count 2 - Tampering with evidence.

We found the individual guilty on both counts and the jury, 3 men and 8 women, sentenced as follows: Count 1 - 99 years plus $10,000 fine. Count 2 - 20 years and $10,000 fine. The individual will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.

Before anyone reacts to that, here's something to think about. The individual, age 44, had previously been arrested at least 44 times that were documented. Of that number, 27 were assaultive offenses, including a prior conviction for Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon. All but one of those arrests/convictions were in California. Just think about that for a moment...

"The individual, age 44, had previously been arrested at least 44 times that were documented."
This guy is a slow learner; maybe 99 years+ will make him slow down a bit and think.
Congrats on doing a good job as
jury foreman. Sounds like y'all had
the common sense to do what Cali juries
wouldn't do.
Stupid sonofabich should have stayed in Cali! wink

Congratulations on a job well done, everyone of the jurors including your self should be Damn proud that you took care of a problem nobody else would.
Originally Posted by poboy
wouldn't do.

Thanks for the support. It's a heavy responsibility when your signature seals someone's fate. At least the citizens of my community won't have to worry about encountering this violent individual anymore. Justice has been served.
Good job Sir and your fellow jurors as well.
I was also foreperson of a jury in a felonious assault case a year ago. It was very unusual because I am a retired LEO and actually got on a jury. The circumstances were nowhere near as aggravated as you describe. We did convict the defendant.

It was a privilege and an educational experience to be involved in the process as a juror.

Well done. I'm glad your defendant won't be free to continue his abuse of innocent people.

and we should send the bill to KA.
I'm surprised the P A didn't offer him a plea deal.

Or maybe he did but the guy was high on California Confidence and turned it down.
We found out after the fact that the guy turned down a deal. He was used to beating the system in Calif. Big mistake.
The individual will not be eligible for parole for 30 years.

Actually to me, this begs the question " Why would this individual EVER be eligible for parole?"

And truth be told, when I become King, we are going to instate a "three strikes and you are out" policy.

And I mean really out.......no need to burden society feeding you.

Anyway, kudos for taking one more dirtbag off the street.
I glad you mentioned the trial. We had a first (that we know of) yesterday. It too, was an agg assault case. There was a mistrial declared because every single juror (39) was disqualified. Of course the reasons ranged from having a child that had been murdered to a husband that had been killed by the police and everything in between.
[quote=ltppowell]I glad you mentioned the trial. We had a first (that we know of) yesterday. It too, was an agg assault case. There was a mistrial declared because every single juror (39) was disqualified. Of course the reasons ranged from having a child that had been murdered to a husband that had been killed by the police and everything in between. [/quote

They call 150 -200 people around here if they have a serious trial. Of course, about half get excused before selection starts.

But it still leaves a large pool.
Yeah...they call several hundred here too, but disseminate them among the twenty, or so, courtrooms for the weeks trials.
[quote=ingwe] Actually to me, this begs the question " Why would this individual EVER be eligible for parole?"

[quote]

The reality of it is that you have to let one out to put another one in. People don't like paying for prisons...or more correctly, politicians would rather do something else with the money that people think is being spent on prisons.
I don't see the point of the fines when he won't be making any money in prison
There's not any really. It just means they "threw the book at him".
A grim business well done.

Must be a zoo in Kali.
Thank you for doing a Great job and taking our trash out for us here in Cali.

It seems are courts can never get it right in this State.
Originally Posted by Snyper
I don't see the point of the fines when he won't be making any money in prison

Max sentence under the law was 99/life plus 10K fine, and 20 years plus 10K fine for count 2. Ltppowell was correct in his assessment.
Originally Posted by poboy
wouldn't do.

Thanks for the support. It's a heavy responsibility when your signature seals someone's fate. At least the citizens of my community won't have to worry about encountering this violent individual anymore. Justice has been served.

Thank you for a job well done.

However, I beg to differ with you sealing his fate. You've been there and done that while I haven't but you did what others were too cs to do.

He sealed his own fate by choosing the life he did by making the choices he made and he finally lost.

Realizing the responsibility speaks volumes.

A few clinchers for you. Actor actually turned down a 10 year deal (was obviously used to beating the system in Calif). He actually took the stand (big mistake... DA shredded his ever changing story). And, drum roll, please... he actually bragged about getting away with the crime on Facebook. I swear, you couldn't make this stuff up.
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yeah...they call several hundred here too, but disseminate them among the twenty, or so, courtrooms for the weeks trials.

Here they start with hundreds on a big trial. Then about 200-250 make it into a big room where the selection process really gets going.
KW, with his past tendencies, I'd be willing to bet he takes a swing (or worse) at somebody inside - and his sentence will be terminated forthwith.
$20k is going to take a while to get together at 63 cents an hour in the laundry.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
KW, with his past tendencies, I'd be willing to bet he takes a swing (or worse) at somebody inside - and his sentence will be terminated forthwith.

Judge told me he predicts he will "gang up," most likely with Aryan brotherhood, in short order.
© 24hourcampfire