Home

If you’re keeping score, in the past month Trump has bitch-slapped the entire Republican Party, redefined our expectations of politics, focused the national discussion on immigration, proposed the only new idea for handling ISIS, and taken functional control of FOX News. And I don’t think he put much effort into it. Imagine what he could do if he gave up golf.

As far as I can tell, Trump’s “crazy talk” is always in the correct direction for a skilled persuader. When Trump sets an “anchor” in your mind, it is never random. And it seems to work every time.

Now that Trump owns FOX, and I see how well his anchor trick works with the public, I’m going to predict he will be our next president. I think he will move to the center on social issues (already happening) and win against Clinton in a tight election.

Read more: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/126589300371/clown-genius#ixzz3j0whDyUE
Spot on.
And Hillary is tickled pink.
The next guy gets to appoint 3 maybe 4 supreme court justices; I'll gamble that on an unknown quantity without a voting record sick
I read that article yesterday. I'm unconvinced that Trump has hypnotized anybody.

Trump's approach is fairly simple.

There's a large base of people who hate liberals and the media. Trump says things to piss off the liberals and the media and when they try to shame him for doing so, he tells them all to take a flyin' suck at his ass.

I appreciate his approach.
Originally Posted by watch4bear
The next guy gets to appoint 3 maybe 4 supreme court justices; I'll gamble that on an unknown quantity without a voting record sick

One to two, in the first four years. Three to five in the second four.

Think about that.

In the first term, Ginsburg will be replaced and likely Kennedy. In the second term, add in Scalia, Thomas/Alito, and Breyer.
and he isn't owned by anyone. The American dream.
we're to the point that it might well take a trump or trumplike person to get this country back on it's feet. we've really been in a downhill spiral and everybody knows it.

and the dems expect the republican establishment to support them in every little thing.

it's good to see somebody call as they see it, instead of playing footsie around the roses and the poses.
Originally Posted by Wyogal
And Hillary is tickled pink.

Biotch is eating sawdust and chitting 2x4's.
I'm okay with that.

But I doubt it.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Think about that.

In the first term, Ginsburg will be replaced and likely Kennedy. In the second term, add in Scalia, Thomas/Alito, and Breyer.

We know we are going over the waterfall with the Ds or Rs. May as well shoot for the moon.
I have been unable to discern any reason that Trump is not the citizen turned legislator, then back to citizen, envisioned at the time of the drafting of the constitution.
For one I'm not sold on Hillary being the Democratic candidate,
And while I sometimes like and agree with Trump,do you "really" think he can lead a country?
I can't imagine him sitting down with other world leaders.
I "suspect" that putin and trump are both worth about the same. putin got his as a gov't head of state. trump made his in the private sector.
rong, do you "really" think he can lead a large corporation?

I can imagine he sits down with the equivalent of world leaders on a regular basis.
everyone seems to forget that a president still has to get his ideas through congress. well, in theory anyway. while i appreciate his candor and the gist of his ideas, if he somehow manages to get the GOP nod, i see a trump presidency as 4 years of hopeless gridlock. even though he will be beholden to no one, the clowns in congress sure as hell are bought and paid for and will fight him on anything outside business as usual that will cost them votes.
a pretty good look at Trump, and why what he does works. Sad that barack hussein has no skills at all.
Originally Posted by rem141r
everyone seems to forget that a president still has to get his ideas through congress.

So, you've already discovered that he's better than the current POS.

Like to be a fly on the wall when Boner tries to tell Trump his ideas ain't gonna happen.
if trump or a trump-like leader ascends to the throne, it'll be the role of the voters who elected him, to elect supporters of his ideology to Congress. those who do not support his ideology might have their days numbered?

it's all up to us, the voters. (if in fact, voting matters anymore).
Originally Posted by Gus
if trump or a trump-like leader ascends to the throne, it'll be the role of the voters who elected him, to elect supporters of his ideology to Congress. those who do not support his ideology might have their days numbered?

it's all up to us, the voters. (if in fact, voting matters anymore).

To a degree - this makes a point.

Trump gets elected - like all politicians the critters in congress will go along with his ideas - lest they get tossed themselves.

There isn't a single one there that has conviction of their own - they'll go the way the political winds blow and if that blow means Trump = POTUS, they'll play along.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

I can imagine he sits down with the equivalent of world leaders on a regular basis.

not the same at all,imo,
the corporations are his,don't like what he says,"you're fired"
not the same when you are talking to Angela Merkle
Originally Posted by rong

not the same at all,imo,

Because he's never had to do business outside of his own company - got it.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
a pretty good look at Trump, and why what he does works. Sad that barack hussein has no skills at all.
Ha! He's accomplished more of his end game than any president in history. And continues to do so as he arms terrorists all over the world and gives Iran the green light as a nuclear power.
I'm certainly appreciative of Trump lighting a fire under Washington, but he's eventually gonna have to come up with something besides "Uh...build a wall and kiss my ass." to stay on top. Maybe he will.
Something to consider here is that one or more Houses of Congress, may flip over to the Dems. Too many broken promises, and the same flood of indies and trump lovers, could overwhelm the Republican organizations. Then would Trump really roll anything back, and would the P.O.'d Republicans back up his veto pen? Or would they sit back and say; "You're Fired", Mr. President.
that describes what has happened to this country while the rank & file was asleep.

we've got the military -industrial complex that sees real profits in war, and let the peons sacrifice their lifeblood.

we've got the subsidy lovers, who don't work but still get to eat. food stamps helps them and the farmers, thusly it grows.

all the workers have to do to enjoy the good life is sit in traffic, show up to work on time, and keep their mortgage paid, and pay all kinds, types & sorts of taxes, fees, licenses, etc. .

and of course, to feel good, we can vote. that has certainly made all the difference. we shouldn't give up on voting, but we need to find someone like us to vote for, not an elitest from either party.
We can what-if it to death, but the only sure thing, at this stage, is that Trump is ahead in the polls because he is saying Politicians are stupid and has enough money to say it.
I suppose politicians are stupid, but those who get elected over and over, it's a pretty lucrative business. as long as that horse is on it's feet, they're riding high.

but, if enough is enough, we've got to elect a different kind of politician. but I doubt the average American can stomach such a change. why not continue to borrow money from china, what could possibly go wrong?

I say again, if 20 trillion in debt is where we are now, why wouldn't 30 billion be even better?

I'm afraid folks are wanting to return to some "ideal" that never did really exist to begin with.

with Hillary's ties to Wall Street, how bad could it be under her regime?
Originally Posted by Gus
I'm afraid folks are wanting to return to some "ideal" that never did really exist to begin with.

No, people want OTHER people to elect better people. In the meanwhile, THEY are happy to vote for people who bring home the bacon. Think Mitch McConnell.
Hold on!

Rob will be along shortly to tell you how fxxked up that thinking is!!
Originally Posted by Ravenr2

Yes, but we are electing a President, not a King. If he "bitch slaps " his party, he better not expect them to lock step behind him. With their strong support, he can accomplish nothing - unless he panders to the Dems.....
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Ravenr2

Yes, but we are electing a President, not a King. If he "bitch slaps " his party, he better not expect them to lock step behind him. With their strong support, he can accomplish nothing - unless he panders to the Dems.....
Put it another way... The azz you kick today may be the azz you kiss tomorrow.
Trump's stated agenda is conservative. If he is elected, and upholds his promises, there should be no problem with a republican congress, who was elected to accomplish the same conservative agenda, falling in line.

Course, this assumes Trump will uphold his promises, which he may do, as opposed to the current elected republicans in congress, who have demonstrated they will not.
I don't trust/believe trump.

not the same at all,imo,

Mexico to Trump: Pay for Your Own Wall
Posted By: Savage_99 Trump is good. - 08/16/15
I view Donald Trump as an exciting person who could energize our country getting most of us active and working.

And not just another dull government type.

Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump is good. - 08/16/15
Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” DONALD Trump said he watches television shows for military advice.

On “Fox News Sunday” George Will asked, “Do we really want to give nuclear weapons to Donald Trump?”
Posted By: fburgtx Re: Trump is good. - 08/16/15
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” DONALD Trump said he watches television shows for military advice.

On “Fox News Sunday” George Will asked, “Do we really want to give nuclear weapons to Donald Trump?”

Yet, George Will would have been happy to give nukes to McCain, who never met a war he didn't want to get us entangled in.

I don't know if Trump is the answer or not, but I'm more than happy to watch him make fools of the GOP establishment....
everyone seems to forget that a president still has to get his ideas through congress.

So, you've already discovered that he's better than the current POS.

Like to be a fly on the wall when Boner tries to tell Trump his ideas ain't gonna happen.

You mean when Trump finds out he needs more than half of the 435 people he "needs to work with" in his court in order to be a better president than Obooma?
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump is good. - 08/16/15
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Yet, George Will would have been happy to give nukes to McCain, who never met a war he didn't want to get us entangled in.

I don't know if Trump is the answer or not, but I'm more than happy to watch him make fools of the GOP establishment....

Nukes to McCain instead of Obama? Works for me.
Trump is making fools of the GOP establishment, but watching television shows for military advice????

I know that is not the answer I want to hear.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Trump is good. - 08/17/15

Trump is making fools of the GOP establishment, but watching television shows for military advice????

if you watched the interview you would know he also said he has talked with some military leaders as well. your just going off a statement that was taken out of context, only a partial qoute.
No, people want OTHER people to elect better people. In the meanwhile, THEY are happy to vote for people who bring home the bacon. Think Mitch McConnell.

Yep. We the people could have made a major change, if only we had stood behind the Tea Party faction of the Republican Party, with our votes and our wallets. Instead we let the Rino's push them out, for the most part. miles

not the same at all,imo,

Voters elected a [bleep] moron with sealed records in 2008 whose major qualifications were being a Jr Senator and before that a community organizer.

Some here have been saying for a long time that they want to shake up the GOP. Teach a lesson to the GOP.

Is Cruz going to do that? Is Walker? Are they going to say the things you like, do the things you like, while in office? Or are they going to give us the same-old, same-old, while running for a second term?

Even if Trump made a huge mess of things, isn't a huge mess in the federal government what a lot of folks here have been campaigning for, for years?

Trump may be the closest thing to an answer to that prayer you're ever going to see in your lifetime.

Posted By: Redneck Re: Trump is good. - 08/17/15
everyone seems to forget that a president still has to get his ideas through congress..
HAH.. That went out the window with the AIC... Now, anybody coming into the Oval Office realizes Congress is just a body of feckless pols only concerned with money and their seats in DC..

They've rendered themselves to the trash can.. And nobody's to blame but Congress..
i remember when we elected an old hollywood actor to potus.
Originally Posted by srwshooter

Yeah...but he was an old Hollywood actor with a history of conservatism. Everything Trump has said, and done, until a couple of months ago was as a liberal. He says he has changed, and maybe he has, but he's gonna have to convince a lot of people.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Yeah...but he was an old Hollywood actor with a history of conservatism. Everything Trump has said, and done, until a couple of months ago was as a liberal. He says he has changed, and maybe he has, but he's gonna have to convince a lot of people.

Hah, he was a liberal for a long time before he changed.

If Trump is leading all the Republicans and does not get the nomination there is a snowballs chance in hell I vote. I am so fed up with the communists and especially the weak incompetent and bought republicans that i will no longer register as a Republican.
There will always be a portion of the voting population that stays home and throws the election for one side or the other.
There will always be a portion of the voting population that stays home and throws the election for one side or the other.

And there are people stupid enough to vote for the same leopard with different spots.
Congress has abdicated their role to the judicial system and the White House because they don't want to offend anybody and not get reelected.
There's not a tinker's damn between the two parties, the Republicans are subservient to the Dems.
Trump is just enough of a loose cannon to rock the Washington dictatorship into a functioning state or destroy it. Either would a positive move.

Jim
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

And there are people stupid enough to vote for the same leopard with different spots.
Ya mean, like those who voted 2X for the AIC??

If the one goin' up against The Pantsuit is Jeb Bush, the number of voters who stayed home last time will look like a small boy scout troop by comparison..
yup , if the choice is between pantsuit and Jeb , there will no longer be a doubt in ANYBODYS mind that the game is rigged.......
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
yup , if the choice is between pantsuit and Jeb , there will no longer be a doubt in ANYBODYS mind that the game is rigged.......

If you think it isn't now, you're already behind.
Some pretty amazing schit going on since Trump hit the ground running.

Robin Meade and her in-the-field-reporter were laughing at Hillary this morning as they discussed Trump's helicopter flying over her and her entourage this weekend.

When's the last time you saw two women laugh at Hillary Clinton while reporting the news?

Go Trump.

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave
Some pretty amazing schit going on since Trump hit the ground running.

Robin Meade and her in-the-field-reporter were laughing at Hillary this morning as they discussed Trump's helicopter flying over her and her entourage this weekend.

When's the last time you saw two women laugh at Hillary Clinton while reporting the news?

Go Trump.

Dave

But...but...but all we keep hearing about is that Trump is the Clintons friend and that he's going to give the election to Hillary as there's no way that he could win it his self.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Trump is good. - 08/17/15
Originally Posted by stxhunter

if you watched the interview you would know he also said he has talked with some military leaders as well. your just going off a statement that was taken out of context, only a partial qoute.

Todd asked, “Who do you talk to for military advice right now?”
Trump answered, “Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great — you know, when you watch your show, and all of the other shows, and you have the generals, and you have certain people –.”

Todd continued, “But is there somebody, is there a go-to for you? Every presidential candidate has a go-to.”
Trump answered, “Probably there are two or three. I like Bolton. I think he’s a tough cookie, knows what he’s talking about. Jacobs is a good guy –.”

Todd asked, “You mean Ambassador Bolton? You mean Colonel Jack Jacobs?”
Trump confirmed saying, “Colonel Jack Jacobs is a good guy, and I see him on occasion.”

Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Trump is good. - 08/17/15
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Todd asked, “Who do you talk to for military advice right now?”
Trump answered, “Well, I watch the shows. I mean, I really see a lot of great — you know, when you watch your show, and all of the other shows, and you have the generals, and you have certain people –.”

Todd continued, “But is there somebody, is there a go-to for you? Every presidential candidate has a go-to.”
Trump answered, “Probably there are two or three. I like Bolton. I think he’s a tough cookie, knows what he’s talking about. Jacobs is a good guy –.”

Todd asked, “You mean Ambassador Bolton? You mean Colonel Jack Jacobs?”
Trump confirmed saying, “Colonel Jack Jacobs is a good guy, and I see him on occasion.”

Hussein and Hildebeast have regular communications with Pentagon higher ups. Has it helped any. I want a guy that says yes go kill xxx and then walk way and not interfere until it is done.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Trump is good. - 08/17/15
If people put their eggs in one basket and refuse to vote because their crush got bumped, we will never win. I can understand not voting for somebody like Bush, but saying somebody is the only man for the job is just silly.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Trump is good. - 08/17/15
If people put their eggs in one basket and refuse to vote because their crush got bumped, we will never win. I can understand not voting for somebody like Bush, but saying somebody is the only man for the job is just silly.

Walker, Trump,CArson, Cruz. If Bush is nominated not voting , can I make it any more simple?
Gotcha. I misunderstood you when you said "If Trump is leading all the Republicans and does not get the nomination there is a snowballs chance in hell I vote." I somehow overlooked the "leading all the Republicans" part and flashed back to RP.

I apologize and agree.

Including me. I don't trust Trump any further than I can toss him.

Then again, I don't trust anyone in Congress much, either.
Damned if we do, damned if we don't.......
Gotcha. I misunderstood you when you said "If Trump is leading all the Republicans and does not get the nomination there is a snowballs chance in hell I vote." I somehow overlooked the "leading all the Republicans" part and flashed back to RP.

I apologize and agree.

no offense taken..
Staying home and not voting is the dumbest thing possible, not matter the R candidate.
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Staying home and not voting is the dumbest thing possible, not matter the R candidate.

See no difference between Bush and Clinton.

I have voted straight line Republican since the 70's , I am simply disgusted with this party.

I am going to Chicago and vote multiple times.
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by 4ager

Think about that.

We know we are going over the waterfall with the Ds or Rs. May as well shoot for the moon.
x 10.......R's are as suckazz as the d's..they are there ...for them!!

I have voted straight line Republican since the 70's , I am simply disgusted with this party.

I am too OE......I'm just more disgusted with thinking the baby murdering party will continue to rule.

I am too OE......I'm just more disgusted with thinking the baby murdering party will continue to rule.
I hear ya - but exactly WHAT has the establishment GOP done to correct THAT?

(crickets)...

GOP = DEM... And they've proven it time and again over the last 8 years..
think these so called Republicans will defund Planned Parenthood ?

some dipstick will yell " war on women " and they will roll over like whipped dogs.......
Buy the media - that's a great idea. Probably cheaper in the long run than paying them for adds anyway. Give em hell Trump.

Only slightly more disgusted with the other party..........so I stick with this one.

Bush picks the next few Supreme Court justices, or Hilary does.

If you don't see the difference, right there, you clearly don't give a schidt about protecting the 2nd Amendment.
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Bush picks the next few Supreme Court justices, or Hilary does.

If you don't see the difference, right there, you clearly don't give a schidt about protecting the 2nd Amendment.

You are correct about the supreme court . Bush and Clinton same bullchitt. No guarantees from him or her.

It's very different bullchitt, but you are a lazy man and can't be bothered to think about it.

Whether you drink red kool aid or blue kool aid, there sadly will be little difference in the supreme court justices appointed by either party.

It's very different bullchitt, but you are a lazy man and can't be bothered to think about it.

Personal insults you lose. You are a sheeple

The day after the election next year, I'm going to start asking people on this forum who stayed home to help the Democrats.

You'll see some [bleep] insults then.

The day after the election next year, I'm going to start asking people on this forum who stayed home to help the Democrats.

You'll see some [bleep] insults then.

If the republicans rig the election you know my answer and you wont have to wait until next year. What are you going to do about it ? Want to fight me pussy?
Daddy Bush did us all a big favor picking Souter, didn't he???

I'm gonna agree with some other posters on here. I've "done my duty", and voted for GOP candidates like Romney and McCain. If the nominee is Bush/Christie/Kasich this time around, I WILL sit this one out. I've had it.
Daddy Bush did us all a big favor picking Souter, didn't he???

I'm gonna agree with some other posters on here. I've "done my duty", and voted for GOP candidates like Romney and McCain. If the nominee is Bush/Christie/Kasich this time around, I WILL sit this one out. I've had it.

Yep and we all see how that upstanding John [bleep] Roberts has voted. You must be a lazy man like me since you are not voting grin
Want to fight me pussy?

Well, you're right. I don't have to wait for the election next year to see that you're a complete fool.
Want to fight me pussy?

Well, you're right. I don't have to wait for the election next year to see that you're a complete fool.

You wouldn't say that to my face I guarantee that , just maybe you are binge drinking or whatever your [bleep] problem is . Time to put your dumbass on ignore. you are not worth arguing with
LMAO
© 24hourcampfire