Home
Posted By: Steve Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Just had a Laurelwood Workhorse IPA. Pretty nice for a Monday afternoon after work.

Next up is a Hop Valley Citrus Mistress (has a bit of grapefruit peal added during brewing). Two's my limit.

Post 'em if you got 'em!
Posted By: ratsnakeboogy Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Just had a Red Hook IPA and a Fat Bottom Knockout IPA. Both good, but the Red Hook has a smoother finish.
Posted By: Texczech Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Not trying to screw up your thread but,whatever happened to Lone Star, Pearl and Budweiser. Its been 20 years since I had a drink and I dont remember micro-brew anything.
Posted By: duckslayer56 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Bud is still there, it's a great beer if you're drinking to stay sober, or just looking for something light. I'm more of a coors banquet guy myself. Craft beer just has more to offer with different styles, and flavor. Plus a lot of them are supporting local business and farmers. Definitely a plus for me.

I'm drinkin Stone Who you Callin a Wussie Pilsner. Great example of a pisner, and an awesome can.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Miller Lites on tap here tonight!
Posted By: ironbender Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
C'mon, Steve. WTH does this have to do with Trump?

Alaskan APA for me though.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Can't say I really "like" any of them after more than halfway through the second one, but Deschutes Black Butte Porter is pretty darn smooth.

Lots of them are good for the first one if they're ice cold. Tried some Sierra Nevada Summerfest this year, a "light, crisp lager" and it was very clean and refreshing on a hot day. Fat Tire is a good standby if BBP isn't available.
Posted By: Steve Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Can't say I really "like" any of them after more than halfway through the second one, but Deschutes Black Butte Porter is pretty darn smooth.

Black Butte Porter is pretty good. I like it when it's cooler weather. Right now in the height of Summer, bitter beers rule.
Posted By: mathman Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
I like beer that doesn't need to be ice cold. If it needs to be ice cold then that's telling you it must anesthetize your palate before you can enjoy it.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
I probably do need to anesthetize my palate. To be honest, I really don't like beer very much. But a cold one every now and then is good for a change.

I joke with my friends about buying my annual six pack and that's not too much of an exaggeration. Around June when it gets hot I'll think about a cold beer and go buy one six pack. Then in November there's usually one or two bottles still left in the fridge. This year was unusual in that I actually bought two, the Black Butte and the Summerfest. That was two months ago and there's still one bottle of BBP left.

All in all, I'd rather have a diet soda.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
In the last 24 hours Ive had Point Special, Blatz, Lienenkugel, Spotted Cow and Schlitz.

Might have even had a Big Sky IPA in there.

Its all good, except some of the micros literally spoil on the shelf and the really micro stuff has some "duplication" issues.

Still rather have a fresh sample of any of the jillion breweries in Germany or the Czech Republic. Or a Schlitz...
Posted By: Walker Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16

I'm out of beer. You're making me sad.

Wishin' I had a Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

Posted By: NVhntr Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
They still make Schlitz? Havn't seen it in some time.
Posted By: bigfish9684 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Man I hate these threads. Can't drink beer anymore. Makes me sick after even one. It's not gluten, cause I eat tons of that crap, whatever it REALLY is. It's not the carbonation, cause I can drink carbonated anything. Never been allergic to anything within beer either, or anything in general.

So what would be a nice Mac 'n' Jacks African Amber or Manny's Pale Ale is now a post-workout fruit smoothie (I hate eating fruit/veggies, so I drink them) followed by a few doses of vodka properly done: bottle stored in freezer, taken as a shot or 3.
Posted By: fishnpbr Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Just got home from my favorite pub, 5 long neck PBR's and some pizza.
Posted By: 79S Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Originally Posted by duckslayer56
Bud is still there, it's a great beer if you're drinking to stay sober, or just looking for something light. I'm more of a coors banquet guy myself. Craft beer just has more to offer with different styles, and flavor. Plus a lot of them are supporting local business and farmers. Definitely a plus for me.

I'm drinkin Stone Who you Callin a Wussie Pilsner. Great example of a pisner, and an awesome can.

Only thing coors is good for is giving you the beer [bleep] the next morning.. In downtown golden right across the road from the coors factory great little brewery called barrels and bottles.. Pikes peak brewery in monument makes a good one called gold rush..
Posted By: huntinaz Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Can't beat it with the kick-ass artwork. Great beer though.

[Linked Image]

Lagunitas is putting up a good Imperial Stout at the moment:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16

Deschutes makes good beer.....if you like their Porter try their Stout (Obsidion).....

And I'd have to agree that two of any of em is plenty....
Posted By: walt501 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
I drink a lot of different craft beers, with the current favorite being Enki Tailfeather IPA. 7% alcohol really mellows you out fast. Brewed in Victoria, MN and available 22oz bombers in a few Minnesota liquor stores and on tap at a few restaurants. Enki Brewing

Highly recommended for those accustomed to drinking craft beer.

[Linked Image]

For those that have been quaffing craft brew for awhile and are ready to take it to a whole new level, Pumking pumpkin ale, brewed with real pumpkin, will start showing up nationally on liquor store shelves right now and will be all sold out by September. You'll need to stock up on this one because it is the perfect Thanksgiving Day beer to wash down your meal and help you cope with the in-laws. It is currently available in a four pack of 12oz bottles. 7.8% alcohol will have you looking forward to seeing old grouchy uncle Fred for the holidays.

[Linked Image]

Don't even bother making the mistake of offering these to the Bud and Miller crowd. You'll just be wasting good beer as they won't drink either. If they insist offer up a small taste in a cup and when they turn their nose up you can finish the rest of the bottle.

Posted By: EdM Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
A couple of Kootenay"s hauled south here.
This year was unusual in that I actually bought two, the Black Butte and the Summerfest. That was two months ago and there's still one bottle of BBP left.

All in all, I'd rather have a diet soda.

I'd like you to be my friend! grin
Beer should not have fruit in it. That's just wrong.
Posted By: strosfann Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Pacifico is about the only beer I actually crave from time to time.
Posted By: gophergunner Re: Beer Thread! - 08/15/16
Back in the day when I used to fish the bass tournaments, we got a case of Meister Brau given to us by our sponsor. After forcing my self to drink that, I decided that was one sponsorship I could do without. That stuff could kill a possum fercryinoutloud!
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Back in the day when I used to fish the bass tournaments, we got a case of Meister Brau given to us by our sponsor. After forcing my self to drink that, I decided that was one sponsorship I could do without. That stuff could kill a possum fercryinoutloud!

Been years since I heard the name " Meister Brau"
Posted By: tommyd53 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16

Come on? Cousin Eddy's drink? Chitter's full.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Third year in a row I missed the Centennial Creamy Stout at the Firehouse in Rapid City.. My timing sux.. They were gonna open a new batch about 3-4 days AFTER I had returned home..

mad

That stuff is the BEST stout I've ever had... bar none.
Posted By: aalf Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Posted By: Raeford Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
SweetWater Extra Pale Ale followed by a Full Nelson Mountain Pale Ale.
And Deschutes is putting a brewery in about 30 miles east this year in Roanoke so I guess I need to start sampling some of theirs.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Originally Posted by fishnpbr
Just got home from my favorite pub, 5 long neck PBR's and some pizza.

I like PBR....can't find it in bottles around here though and I don't like drinking from a can so I put it in a glass....makes me look fancy...
Posted By: Terryk Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
I like wheat beer like Franziskaner Weissbier with hot wings of soft pretzels with mustard. The drafts have more body than the bottles. 2 is my normal limit, but I have broken that rule, and my wife drives.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Originally Posted by Terryk
I like wheat beer like Franziskaner Weissbier with hot wings of soft pretzels with mustard. The drafts have more body than the bottles. 2 is my normal limit, but I have broken that rule, and my wife drives.

I'm a hop head, but Widmer makes a really good wheat beer. It's unfiltered, so gently invert several times to re-suspend the yeasty goodness!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: rost495 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
If I have a choice and am drinking, I prefer alaskan amber. Will do Shiner Bock also.

But beer is just heavy anymore. 1 is usually all I will drink, a few times a year generally.

I might be peer pressured into a high life now and then.

Would prefer beam and something or scotch, on the rocks or not...
Posted By: Dale K Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16

When you come to camp this year, we'll have to get to Doc G's in DuBois. It's a micro brew/restaurant that opened last Dec. or so and has some pretty good stuff including one they call "Down with Trousers". I haven't tried that one yet, mostly I get the 3rd Ward Red.

Currently drinking a Straub Amber. Straub's not a microbrewery but a small family brewery in St. Mary's that's been around a long time.

Dale
Posted By: Jeff_O Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
i was very pleased to find Barley Brown's Pallet Jack IPA on tap in Ukiah, OR (pop. tiny) when we came down from elk camp to eat dinner one night. That's a fantastic IPA, IMHO!
Posted By: 79S Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
I like Alaskan Amber, Breckinridge Avalanche, Colorado native Amber, all good beers. Brewery in Whitehorse Yukon Territory that makes a English pale ale it's called Yukon gold that stuff is pretty damn good. I also like silver gulch brewery Amber as well.
Posted By: 79S Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Terryk

I'm a hop head, but Widmer makes a really good wheat beer. It's unfiltered, so gently invert several times to re-suspend the yeasty goodness!
[Linked Image]

You have two good breweries in your back yard st Elias and kenai brewing and you are drinking Widmer brothers shame on you šŸ˜
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
I've been drinking more pilsner and kolsch style beers lately. I love a good pils.

Best IPA I've had in a while was made for an ALS fund raiser called Ales for ALS.

A local hop farm, Loftus, supplied participating breweries with a custom blend of experimental and commercial hops. It made easily one of my favorite IPAs.

Great cause. List of participating breweries:

http://www.alesforals.com/Brewers.aspx
Posted By: Dan_H Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Enjoying a glass of Kassik's pale moon ale. Morning wood ipa and doublewood ipa follow me home regularly. Nice to have a good micro brewery 3 miles away.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Beer Thread! - 08/16/16
Unless something has changed recently, I find St Elias to be particularly poor. The only beer that is drinkable is their 'Farmer's Friend' and I would give that a C+. They have some others that I'd just as soon not have a beer.

Kenai River brewing makes some good ones that I've had when out.

As DanH stated, Kassiks is pretty good and dependably so.

Wheat beer seems to be a difficult beer to make, based on my experience. Too many have an off flavor and seem skunky. The Widmer is almost as good as the Boulevard wheat out of Kansas city.
Posted By: BigNate Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Mac 'n' Jacks African Amber or Manny's Pale Ale

Two of my go to beers. In bottles I really like the Deschutes Twilight.

The last growler fill that was very tasty was Oxbow Farmhouse Pale Ale.
Posted By: Jkob Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
How can they make it so good and sell it so cheap!!

Normally my first choice is Summit "Saga". I can get it in bottles and on tap at Willy MCoy's just down the street and 2for1 only runs about $6.80. When in WI, I can get m
Moon Man. I found it in Wyoming but can't buy it her in MN, go figger.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Beer should not have fruit in it. That's just wrong.

No kidding. I asked my daughter to fill my growler and she got a rasberry beer. Lesson learned, don't send a girl to do a man's job.

I've mostly been enjoying local craft brews from Midnight Sun, I'm cheap and try their 4 before 4 offerings ($5 growlers before 4 pm). Have had the I'll have another, Rye'd on and Solas this summer. Too bad the I'll have another was a special run, was my favorite of the three.

Boss took me to Mooses tooth today for lunch and I had a Pono Porter, not sure I'm that keen on the coconut flavor but it did remind me of some good times in Maui and Kona Brewing company products.
Posted By: stripe55 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
We are blessed with an abundance of great breweries in and around Green Bay, each having some very good , to my malt preferring taste, beers.

That said, its Oktoberfest season, and Stilmank's take on the style is my favorite, followed by Hinterland and Titletown.

From outside the area and probably available to almost all of you is Sierra Nevada s Oktoberfest, very good as usual and I just tried Ballast Points Dead Ringer, also, very good

Waiting patiently for Surly s Fest, and hopefully Bells will have an Oktoberfest release, as I very much like All the Bells maltier offerings
Posted By: Raeford Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by Dale K

When you come to camp this year, we'll have to get to Doc G's in DuBois. It's a micro brew/restaurant that opened last Dec. or so and has some pretty good stuff including one they call "Down with Trousers". I haven't tried that one yet, mostly I get the 3rd Ward Red.

Currently drinking a Straub Amber. Straub's not a microbrewery but a small family brewery in St. Mary's that's been around a long time.

Dale

My buddy in DuBois keeps saying good things about Doc G's, a-hole likes sending pics to prove his point. smile
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Budweiser Select. Best damn beer in America. Or the world, for that matter. smile
Posted By: mathman Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Budweiser Select. Best damn beer in America. Or the world, for that matter. smile

The sun rises in the west.

2 + 2 = pi
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by strosfann

Was introduced to Pacifico on the beach in Mazatlan in 1983. 50 cents each from the beach cabana bar. Tasted like nectar of the gods out on the beach in the sun and washing down the local shrimp in the evenings.

Came home, bought a six pack and ....meh. Reminded me of Coors Light.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by Dale K

Dale

Mmm mmm good! We grabbed a couple cases of it three weeks ago when at the Savage Fest in northern PA. I remembered it as favorite from back in the day, but had forgotten just how dammed good it is. Wish I had brought a couple cases along home.

Had a couple bottles of Old Nick barley wine last night. Four bottles of that and you're walking on your knees!
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
I have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and have to start shooting insulin daily, so not more beer for me until (unless?) I manage to restart my pancreas. Sadly, I have a fridge full of Leinenkugel's Honey Weiss and Oktoberfest that someone other than me will be enjoying.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by strosfann

Was introduced to Pacifico on the beach in Mazatlan in 1983. 50 cents each from the beach cabana bar. Tasted like nectar of the gods out on the beach in the sun and washing down the local shrimp in the evenings.

Came home, bought a six pack and ....meh. Reminded me of Coors Light.

Mexico may not make the worst beer in the world, but it ain't from a lack of trying.
Posted By: deflave Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
I'm on a diet so I switched to Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

I forgot how good light beer could be.

Travis
It's the original, and still delicious!
Posted By: GuideGun Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Left Hand Brewing Nitro Milk Stout
Posted By: T LEE Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Dinosaur here!

1.Guinness Draft in bottles

2.Yuengling Black & Tan in bottles

3.Amber Bock in bottles

Oh I will drink most free beer but if I am buying....
Originally Posted by GuideGun

I really like LH's Milk stout. Good stuff!
Posted By: RedRabbit Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Favorite is Paulaner Oktoberfest
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by RedRabbit
Favorite is Paulaner Oktoberfest

I was introduced to this product in Munich, after REFORGER82. Like the beer, but was much impressed by the waitresses who were carrying 4 or 5 litre steins of it in each hand. Bet they each had a heck of a grip!
Posted By: deflave Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16

Big, dirty, schit hawks.

Dave
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Pacifico Sol or Negra Modelo....I like that Mexican stuff...
Posted By: Steve Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Had an Ordinance EOD IPA last night a local tap-house. Pretty tasty.
Posted By: Teal Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Waiting to get my hands on some Old Rasputin...
Posted By: Sykotik Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dinosaur here!

3.Amber Bock in bottles

a Yuengling fan....Gotta love it.

I live in Minersville, PA and work for Heim Inc. ...We just remodeled the 1920's Creamery and turned it into a Museum and Gift shop. Right across Mahantango street from the brewery.

Dick Yuengling is a friggin' Billionaire but he runs the forklift in the basement under the gift shop.

Cool dude. A man you could shoot the crap with for hours.

I drink Old Milwaukee...Dick don't. laugh

Posted By: gwrench Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I really like LH's Milk stout. Good stuff!

A local pizza place had LH Milk Stout regularly on tap. Sadly they went out of business. It's really good.

I like IPA's but they give me a headache.
Posted By: Dale K Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Originally Posted by Raeford

My buddy in DuBois keeps saying good things about Doc G's, a-hole likes sending pics to prove his point. smile

Let me know when he's convinced you to visit, it's only a 2 hr trip from here. Did he send a picture of the Glazed and Confused sandwich? Fried green tomato and a crabcake on a roll. Yummy but messy.

Dale
Posted By: add Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Eel River IPA - good beer so far; nice bright hoppiness with some light malt.
Posted By: hanco Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
I'm drinking an ice cold bud right now.
Posted By: duckcall Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Czechvar here. It is brewed in the town that my great grandfather emigrated from.
Posted By: 79S Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Unless something has changed recently, I find St Elias to be particularly poor. The only beer that is drinkable is their 'Farmer's Friend' and I would give that a C+. They have some others that I'd just as soon not have a beer.

Kenai River brewing makes some good ones that I've had when out.

As DanH stated, Kassiks is pretty good and dependably so.

Wheat beer seems to be a difficult beer to make, based on my experience. Too many have an off flavor and seem skunky. The Widmer is almost as good as the Boulevard wheat out of Kansas city.

That bottles and beer brewery in golden makes a real good wheat beer.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/17/16
Sessions Lager beer. Hood river brewery! Has been pleasing my beer needs for a couple months!
Posted By: hanco Re: Beer Thread! - 08/18/16
Bud Light draft.
Posted By: Steve Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Tonight's brew: 10 Barrel Joe.

Delicious!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Lotta good beers these days, for sure. Lotta schitt riding on the coattails of the craft beer craze, too....think all they gotta do is is hop it up til it tastes like Listerine (the old nasty kind), call it IPA and wrap it in art noovoe and get rich. Lotta suckers fall for that schitt, just like their biotches fall for tuti fruiti fermented malt beverages called beer.

Day in and day out....I'll go for shiner bock or Yeungling. If I'm feeling mellow (or want to) I'll go down cellar and get one of those breakfast beer sized cans of Faxe 10.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
OLAAAYYYYYY Clamato, Damn I love tomato beer. wink
Posted By: add Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Originally Posted by Heym06
Sessions Lager beer!

Hey!

Tried that stuff... once.
Posted By: Teal Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Picked up a 6-r of Anderson Valley Brewing Blood Orange Gose - very good.

Also liking he SN Otra Vez - dig that too.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
In the fridge right now......

Rolling Rock

Heineken

Coors Light

Twisted Tea Iced Tea

Big Sky Pack Train
(whooo doggies, 'dope ass' IPA, perhaps it fits in your description cra1948....)

Landshark Lager

Bayern Pumpjack(one left hiding in the back)

Bud Light Margarita or whatever the hell it's called. AKA not good.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale(currently in hand)

This time of year I love the light stuff!

Posted By: colodog Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
My usual is PBR, out to dinner it's Negro Modelo but I do like an Upslope IPA it's tasty.
Posted By: Cleburne Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Don't drink much now but, when I do it's a Yuengling Lager.
Posted By: Teal Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Also nailed some Old Rasputin when I got the Gose.

My fav RIS
Posted By: EdM Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Two other favorites. Both great with a burger.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Having a Ninkasi Vanilla Oatis stout right now. I was skeptical at first, but it's growing on me. Not bad for a stout.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Shiner Bock or some rendition of Alaskan here. Really enjoying the Alaskan Kicker and I usually dislike IPAs.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Beer Thread! - 08/29/16
Setting on the deck watching the Ospreys fish and finishing up a glass of Obsidion Stout....

I'm with Sam....it's almost to hot for heavy beer right now.....almost....

Posted By: 300MAG Re: Beer Thread! - 08/30/16
Two of the best I have drank:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Steve Re: Beer Thread! - 08/30/16
At the tap house. Having a Ninkasi Hop Cooler. Not bad. Citrusy.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Beer Thread! - 08/30/16
i am nursing the last of my kegged homebrew. it is an IPA with 5 different hops and is the best beer i have ever had, let alone brewed. theres maybe a quart left and it is sitting with a sack of mosaic leaf hops in the bottom of the keg since april. the porter that kicked last weekend was world class as well. any more i have a hard time finding a commercial brew that stands up to my homebrews.
Posted By: hanco Re: Beer Thread! - 09/01/16
I like beer, makes me a jolly fat fellow
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Beer Thread! - 09/03/16
Reviving this thread for a public service announcement.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Beer Thread! - 09/03/16
Originally Posted by teal
Picked up a 6-r of Anderson Valley Brewing Blood Orange Gose - very good.

Also liking he SN Otra Vez - dig that too.

That Otra Vez was one of my favorites this summer. Not surprising as Sierra Nevada rarely wiffs.
Posted By: Steve Re: Beer Thread! - 09/03/16
Had a Bald Peak IPA from Golden Valley Brewing Company with dinner. Okay. Nothin' special to write home about.

Now a Kona Big Wave Golden before bed. Meh...
Posted By: add Re: Beer Thread! - 09/03/16
Originally Posted by EdM
Two other favorites. Both great with a soy burger.

[Linked Image]

From Mac and Dons
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Beer Thread! - 09/03/16
Originally Posted by cra1948
Lotta good beers these days, for sure. Lotta schitt riding on the coattails of the craft beer craze, too....think all they gotta do is is hop it up til it tastes like Listerine (the old nasty kind), call it IPA and wrap it in art noovoe and get rich.

That's my take on all the IPA's these days.....seems like a contest to come up with the most outlandish crap imaginable...

I like my Beer to taste like Beer and my Bourbon to taste like Bourbon...not lemon...lime...honey....or steak sauce....
Posted By: Paladin Re: Beer Thread! - 09/03/16
Originally Posted by Texczech
Not trying to screw up your thread but,whatever happened to Lone Star, Pearl and Budweiser. Its been 20 years since I had a drink and I dont remember micro-brew anything.

Far as I know, Lone Star is still brewed in San Antonio, Pearl closed the brewery in San Antonio years ago, but someone is brewing it in Dallas now. Bud is, well, still Bud.

These:

Rolling Rock

Pacifico

Stroh's

Olympia

Rainier

Shiner Premium (Bock, if necessary)

Secession Premium Lager

Posted By: mathman Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
The Oktoberfest seasonals are hitting the shelves. Now that my palate has come back around to classic styles this is a great time for me.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
Originally Posted by mathman
The Oktoberfest seasonals are hitting the shelves. Now that my palate has come back around to classic styles this is a great time for me.

Am I just retarded for liking tomato beer all year long? grin

Be truthful, I can take it ;]
Posted By: mathman Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
Yuk!
Thanks. laugh

For some reason the salty tomato beers sure go good with farm work, I think they keep me from getting arm and leg cramps in hot weather.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
I like grapefruit juice in light beer when it's hot out. Tomato? Not so much, but then I ain't much for tomato juice to begin with.

KNew a girl from Indiana that loved Clamato and cheap beer.

Never have thought much of Indiana. Lol.
LOL Mooner, Wifey was making some homemade tomato juice for canning, soups stews etc, it had jalapeno pepper bits and all kinds of spices and seasonings.

She had a small jar left sitting in the fridge, chilled, I poured about 2 fingers of that in a quart mason jar then a 16oz budweiser on top, GOOD GOD that was refreshing. laugh
Posted By: Teal Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
Had a great belgian style from 3 Sheeps yesterday.

Rebel Kent the First. Highly recommend it if you get into Wisco.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
Originally Posted by gunner500
LOL Mooner, Wifey was making some homemade tomato juice for canning, soups stews etc, it had jalapeno pepper bits and all kinds of spices and seasonings.

She had a small jar left sitting in the fridge, chilled, I poured about 2 fingers of that in a quart mason jar then a 16oz budweiser on top, GOOD GOD that was refreshing. laugh

Budweiser needs all the help it can get.

I do occasionally like a bit of lemon juice in an ice cold beer on a hot day, but other than that its beer flavored beer for me.
10-4, sounds good too, and LOL, I believe it was Teal in the above post or maybe Mathman that told me I wasn't supposed to have to chew my beer when mentioned before. shocked laugh
Posted By: mohick Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
Does anyone have Schlitz around anymore? And love Hams as Ed M showed can't find it around here anymore either? Must depend on what distributor is in a given area??
Schlitz all over Wisco. Usually 3-350 a can. I can drink it, that and PBR tall boys but it's not a preference.
Haven't had it in a while but here ya go - to prove it exists. During a Badger b-ball game IIRC

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
You know why women can't drink beer on the beach? They get sand in their Schlitz.
Posted By: bucktales Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
[Linked Image]
Posted By: OrangeOkie Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
William Ostner, president of Jax Brewing Co., and Bill Ostner, Engineer, enjoying a cold one right off the bottle lineof the Jax Brewing Company production plant that was located on West 16th. Street in Jacksonvilleā€™s Durkeeville neighborhood. Jax Brewing Company was a local brewery that started production of Jax Beer in Jacksonville in 1913, refocused production to ice and near beer during prohibition and then restarted beer production in 1933 with the end of prohibition. During peak production 200,000 barrels of Jax Beer were produced at their Jacksonville facility and distributed around the South Eastern states. In 1956 the company sold the Jax Beer copyright to New Orleans based Jackson Brewing Company (named after Jackson Square which was named in honor of Andrew Jackson who Jacksonville was named after) which continued to produce a product called Jax Beer. Then the Jackson Brewery name changed hands in the mid 1970ā€™s when the brewery closed and the Jax Beer formula and name was acquired by Texas based Pearl Brewing Company. Only the Jax Brewing Company building remains as the legacy to Jax Beer in Jacksonville.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Posted By: mohick Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
well $hit now after that picture i am salivating like Pavlovs dogs.Been splitting wood and not a cold beer in sight, this day really sucks!!!!!!
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
It seems like about once a year our local grocery store gets a six pack of my favorite, Spaten Optimator. It's tough but I try to make it last.
Optimator is a GREAT beer.
Posted By: Steve Re: Beer Thread! - 09/04/16
Our local Costco had cases 10 Barrel Joe and Citrus Mistress IPA's today. Told the checkout gal I should have bought a pallet.

Know what my dinner beer is gonna be.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Beer Thread! - 09/05/16
Worked about 2.5 hrs up on the mountain yesterday evening before dark clearing shooting lanes and hanging a bow stand, it was about 88 degrees and 75% humidity.

Came home, had two delicious tomato beers, hit the showers and slept like a stone mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good. smile
Posted By: dale06 Re: Beer Thread! - 09/05/16
Michelob ultra here
Posted By: duckslayer56 Re: Beer Thread! - 09/05/16
Home brewed Red Ale for me, Got a Pliney the Elder Clone fermenting in my basement at the moment, can't wait to try it.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Beer Thread! - 09/05/16
Originally Posted by T LEE
Dinosaur here!

3.Amber Bock in bottles

The first two on your list Tlee would make my list as well!
© 24hourcampfire